[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy X >lots of locations with tons of secrets in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-Ffxboxart.jpg (73 KB, 496x309) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ffxboxart.jpg
73 KB, 496x309
Final Fantasy X
>lots of locations with tons of secrets in each
>story is very involved in the lore of the region, with a great deal of interesting revelations
>characters have distinct personalities, but also have unique connections to the world that influences the narrative
>sphere grid offers incredible variety of choice both early and late game

Final Fantasy XIII
>very few locations, all of which are straightforward corridors (even Pulse)
>story is almost entirely unexplained, has little or nothing to do with the world (which might as well be anywhere, seeing as there are no locations with any personality)
>characters limited to very basic identifiers, with very little background or connection to the world around them
>crystarium doesn't open until the late-game, where due to combat it isn't nearly as satisfying as the sphere grid

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED
>>
DOES NO ONE ELSE AGREE WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>344692078
Everyone does, that's why there's nothing to be said.
>>
>playing jRPGs
>>
>>344692393
/thread
>>
>>344692393
But like seriously
How does a game like XIII get made
>>
>>344691751
Waifu bait game or Tidus, i think we all know the answer, WTidus
>>
>>344691751

People not loving ff 12 happend
>>
>>344692578
waifus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUORx5T5Rg
>>
>>344692629
I didn't play it before my PS2's laser reader stopped working.
At this point I'm just waiting for the port.
>>
If you're over the age of 13 and play this game without the cloud of nostalgia.

You're a literal autist.

This game is shit.
>>
>>344692848
How is it shit?
>>
>>344692393
this ^. there is nothing to be said the 13 series just sucked ass and they clearly just had a retartedly big budget and make 3 of those abortions
>>
>>344692908
It isn't, He's just a contrarian.
>>344692751
You aren't missing out on much
>>
>>344693035
>You aren't missing out on much
I mean I've heard the story is star wars and the gameplay is an MMO so it's really fucking weird the images I have in my head rn.

But then I heard some people say it's the best FF.
>>
File: 1467474129102.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1467474129102.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>both linear as fuck
>FFX gets a free pass because voice acting and blatant Romance
>other companies finally catch up with CG, voice acting etc
>FFXIII gets released, can't lean on 3D/cinematics or voice acting
>gets blasted

The biggest crime is that there'll never be a FFXIII:Remake where they remove the game=tutorial bullshit that makes it so awful.
>>
>>344693125
I guess opinions are divided on FF12, yes. I have personally given it 3 tries and I have always stopped around the same part.
>>
>>344693198
FFX gets a pass because it's a good game.
>>
>>344692908
It isn't immersive in the slightest.
The vo is fucking horrid. They might as well of had Tommy Wiseau dub the entirety of the cast.

Blitz ball?
Clunk fucked.

This game is dated, and not without an expiration.

It's not fine wine.
It's fucking moldy cheese with a decent skill tree system.
>>
>>344691751
>final fantasy x
holy fucking shit, what, are you retarded

i've played like 5 hours or something of the HD version, right after grinding the first MAGIC BEE BAWL battle to win it. this game is fucking retarded. it smells like ass and it tastes like ass

>the entire plot so far is MAGIC B-BALL
>tidus is a whiny little bitch who hates his dad
>prototype cinematic jrpg
>one oft he first fucking companions you get is MICHEAL JORDAN of the MAGIC ISLAND B-BALL CULT
>the main religion is b-ball
>everything about that laughing scene
>all the fucking dialogue so far

this game is fucking trash
>>
>>344693198
>implying 10's combat didn't blow 13 out of the water (and most if not all of the franchise for that matter)
>implying linearity is automatically bad even if the plot justifies it
When people try to argue 10 is as bad as 13, you can immediately tell how out of touch they are with video games.
>>
9 still best ff

fite me
>>
>>344693429
>The vo is fucking horrid.
It's actually pretty good, and exceptional when you consider it's the first fully voice acted Final Fantasy.
>Blitz ball?
A decent minigame.

If that's all your complaints then you really don't have much to hate.
>>344693450
This is just shitposting.
>>344693595
This is just the circlejerked /v/ opinion.
>>
>>344693664
You're clearly not getting the point of my post.
The game is dead let it go.
>>
Hating on Blitzball. The first match is supposed to be almost imposible. Get better players, learn the rules and it's quite decent for a minigame
>>
>>344693796
You clearly don't have an argument.
>>344693797
>The first match is supposed to be almost imposible.
Not if you have the Jecht Shot.
>>
>>344693450
this reminds me I need to finish Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
>>
>>344693796
kek, like Tidus
>>
>>344693198
>he biggest crime is that there'll never be a FFXIII:Remake

This. And I mean a full remake as in completely different structure.

FF XIII probably had the most grand world building of any FF game and it was handled very poorly. Confusing, terrible pacing, very little drama, many cliches. First 15 hours of the game are tutorials and flashbacks.

For example Cocoon was a "paradise" but it was also their prison. It was a wasted potential for the group to realize how free they were on planet Pulse, even though it was primitive. It would be like living in North Korea your whole life thinking capitalism is inhospitable and cruel but it's actually great.
>>
File: fozzy-taking-a-nap.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fozzy-taking-a-nap.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>344691751
FFXIII was split into a three game saga
Most/all of the listed criticisms of XIII are addressed in the subsequent games
prove you wrong you can't
>>
>>344694016
Each sequel ruined something that was actually OK in FFXIII.
>>
File: 1468127489943.gif (1 MB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
1468127489943.gif
1 MB, 420x237
>>344693515
When people try to argue 10 has a good story you know they've never read a book.

When people try to argue that plot forcing a game to be linear is god you know how out of touch they are with video games
>>
>>344693664
>shitposting

THE
GAME
IS
AWFUL
YOU
RETARD

it has literally the worst writing i have seen in a jrpg, period. the entire game is obsessed with the bullshit magic basketball they play. tidus is a whiny little bitch

>>344693797
>>344693880
i grinded it for an hour and won with just sphere shot. it's not impossible, you should just pass between the two good players and tidus a lot in the first round to level them up.
>>
>>344694530
How is X a bad story?
>>344694532
So are you a freshman in high school, or college? I'm curious.
>>
>>344694530
>le ebin book condescending tone
>>
>>344694016
>you have to pay $180 to get the real FFXIII experience!
>prove you wrong, you can't
Yep, sounds about right.
>>
>it's a "he thinks magic b-ball is a good basis for an entire game's plotline" episode

i can't fucking wake up.
>>
>>344695001
>basis for an entire game's plotline
are you high?
>>
>>344695001
The whole point is that the entire church is a fucking farce, a joke.
Grow up kid.
>>
>>344694650
you get 2.5 full length games though
>>
>>344695580
Which one is half length?
>>
>>344691751
People that loved FFX despite its flaws grew up to be kind, caring and strong human beings. This is a scientifically proven fact published on numerous medical Journals. FFX is love
>>
>>344695001
I'm willing to bet anything that you're one of those autists shitposting against pokemon Go because people are having fun with it.

It's not healthy. Deep breath and let it go
>>
FFX and FFXIII are the exact same shit.
>>
>>344696849
They aren't at all, kid.
>>
>>344695976
>I'm willing to bet anything that you're one of those autists shitposting against pokemon Go because people are having fun with it.
>he thinks pokemon go is at all acceptable, ever

you can keep your wager and your autism
>>
Final Fantasy X was the last true final fantasy.

X2 was a disaster.

FF12 was so painfully half-finished a game, I couldn't even complete it.

Everything after that is Zombie Final Fantasy.

I loved FF7, 8, 9, 10, tactics advance. But it's over. The FF7 will be Zombie Final Fantasy.
>>
>>344693450
>tidus is a whiny little bitch who hates his dad
Outside of complaining to Auron about bringing him back home he doesn't whine.

>everything about that laughing scene
That laugh scene was how it was on purpose, if you didn't notice Yuna tells him he can stop, and the others look at them as if they're crazy. They even end up legit laughing after making asses of themselves.
>>
>>344696963

>kid
>implying PS2babbies who grew up with FFX aren't the only ones who can't see it
They're both crushingly linear, not just in terms of plot progression but also in terms of character building. The only significant difference is that FFX's core combat system is pretty good.
>>
>>344695001
>basis for an entire game
You sound like you never played the game.
>>
>>344697249
>They're both crushingly linear
Aside from all the towns with tons of side locations and NPCs to talk to in X.
And all the hidden chests in X.
And all the side quests in X.
And the fact you revisit any location in the endgame.
And the fact there are hidden locations you have to discover on the map.

Yeah totally the same, buddy.
>>
>>344697380
They just went from beginning to end without doing any of the side stuff.
>>
>>344697380

>And all the side quests in X.
Like what?
>>
>>344697638
Not that anon, but FFX has a shit load of optional bosses, as well as those annoy as fuck mini games for the ultimate weapons.

You also have those spheres with Jecht recordings to find to see more lore of his adventure in the past.
>>
>>344697945

endgame shit doesn't count
>>
I actually enjoyed FF7, And FFX, And FFX-2
But everybody proceeds to shit all over FFX and X-2.
>FFX allowed you to summon powerful mythical creatures which fucked everything but the bosses meant to counter them.
>I personally found FFX-2 to be hilarious if you had a slow enough melee attack and you physically got attacked and it interrupted your attack, so it took fucking forever for you to kill the one enemy left but it was so interesting to see if there was an end to the battlefield.
>FFX follows some insert penis joke here awkward ass teenager playing a mix of football and soccer underwater, and he's actually pretty fucking great at it.
>FFX-2 is the bastard's girlfriend trying to figure out what the fuck happened to him.
>I actually liked trying to figure out what the fuck everybody was saying in Al Bhed.
>I liked FFX-2's combat, Not that I didn't like 7's.
>Fuck the 'sphere hunters' you go up against in FFX-2, One of them is a fat fuck who had far too much food, the girl is a stuck up self righteous bitch as far as I'm concerned and the last member was the only one who I actually gave a fuck about.
>FF7: All you need to know is the blonde chickman you play can be the most badass man in the planet, he'll still get fucked by a lizard with a bad case of medusa face.
>>
>>344698115
A lot of that you can start earlier then end game anon, the latest at most is when you hit the calm lands, but you can do a number of it before that.
>>
>>344698115
>stuff that disproves my argument thoroughly doesn't count
>>
>>344698349

just because the game opens up at the end doesn't mean you haven't spent 80% of it stuck in a corridor, dumbass
>>
>>344698349
>your average cod kid arguing with you
>>
I feel like I completely fucked the last bosses when I decided to complete the story and not sit around staring at enemies before Anima screwed them over.
>>
>>344698412
As opposed to FFXIII, which never really opens up at all.
>>
>there are still manbabies on this board who believe FF7 had any redeeming qualities beyond being the first 3D final fantasy
>>
>>344698696

Well there is Gran Pulse but I never got that far so I can't assess how much that counts.
>>
>>344698664
I want an entire anime centered around an alternate universe of Final Fantasy X where we don't have shit characters, we have the same story, but we don't have shit characters.
>>
File: Archylte_Steppe_Map.png (178 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
Archylte_Steppe_Map.png
178 KB, 1000x784
>>344698806
Gran Pulse is another corridor, it's just that there's a lot of space in between.
>>
>>344698797
FFVII is pretty easy to boot, even for a first time player.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.