[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 is just too boring.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1468014667447.jpg (278 KB, 611x928) Image search: [Google]
1468014667447.jpg
278 KB, 611x928
Dark Souls 2:

>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP. I'll hit the arenas.
>Hey I beed a break from the arenas, I'll hit the fight club at Iron Keep bridge.
>Hey I'm bored of the fight clubs, I'll do some red invades.
>Well red invades aren't very fun, I keep invading noobs just trying to play through the PvE.
>I'll go stand in Belfy Luna and invade and get invaded and earn Ore while I'm at it.
>Time to take a break from Luna, let's go to Sol.
>Ahhh, I'm tired of this too, let's blue invade all over the world.
>This is fun, I get to PvP all over the game, and I get to punish people for invading noobs.
>look at bonfire map, see several outline indicators displaying which areas have the most players in them atm
>Go stand in those areas with delicate string and dried finger active
>Periodically get invaded in between blue invades
>Fighting all over the game, wherever I want, punishing sinners, drawing sinners to my world, whenever I get bored of one style of PvP I go back to doing arenas, fight clubs, bell tower, etc.

Dark Souls 3:
>Hey you know, I feel like doing some PvP
>wow they really limited the PvP this time around...
>I guess I'll fight club?
>well that got boring fast, I guess I'll blue invade and punish sinners?
>oh, that doesn't exist anymore, I guess I'll dried finger and wait to be invaded?
>oh, I can't because I've already cleared the game and you can't be invaded after you've cleared the area
>Well I guess I'll red invade... oh wow it's a 1v4 and each enemy rolls behind his three teammates and chugs the moment I land one blow on him episode...
>>
File: 1456355276089.png (665 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
1456355276089.png
665 KB, 600x798
yfw you played the game exclusively offline.
>>
DS3 Blown The Fuck Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZC8-3Rb2yo
>>
>>344668918

Interacting with players is what makes the games unique. The single player experience really is nothing special by itself.
>>
>>344668483
This copypasta is already stale
>>
File: pikasteinsmolax.png (495 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
pikasteinsmolax.png
495 KB, 1024x768
Des>Das2>Das
Out of the ones I played. Only bad part of 2 I feel is the world layout especially with bonfires.
>>
>>344669587
The online aspect is only there as a gimmick to pull in the casuals.

The game itself is why anyone should care about the series.
>>
>Bust down this dudes front door
>politely waves at me
>Gut him like a filthy fucking pig

Thanks for the tongue, I guess.
>>
>>344669903

You have it in reverse. People who love the series love taking part in the online play. Casuals are scared of being invaded since they aren't very good. They either play offline or they go online to summon 3 people to beat the game for them.
>>
>>344670234
It's pvp is terrible compared to any other game you could be playing. Only morons and memers care.

It's gameplay, build variety and designs all add to it as an action rpg and are the only reason someone who really likes video games should play the series.
>>
DaS2 had the best PvP.
>>
File: 1409871771598.jpg (33 KB, 480x309) Image search: [Google]
1409871771598.jpg
33 KB, 480x309
>>344670554
I bet you suck at pvp
>>
>>344670234
Some people genuinely don't find pvp fun. I don't really feel the need to dominate other people- I should add that I don't want to be reductive of those that do enjoy it though. I can see how measuring your skill against others would be appealing. I find the offline very comfy. Full disclosure, this could be because I am an old fart.
>>
Dark Souls 2 level, enemy, and boss design is inferior to 3's though so it all evens out.

If you're really into PVP, you'll probably prefer 2. If you're more into the exploration and story you'd probably want to play 3, instead.

Hosts can always chug in 2 though while you can't if I remember correctly
>>
>>344668483
What are the chances From will actually listen to the fanbase and do a radical overhaul of the online system making it significantly better than it is now?
>>
Is DaS2 on PS4 alive or dead?
>>
>>344670896

Hosts can chug in 2, but it takes long enough that if you're staying within a rolling or running attack of them you will hit them before they finish the animation. It also doesn't heal instantly, so if they're 1 hit from death and they get the animation off they're still going to die.
>>
>pvp
>pvp
>pvp
>pvp

Who gives a shit. Souls is a singleplayer series with multiplayer existing only to enhance it. It's never meant to be anymore than an afterthought and it shows with how consistently broken it is.

It's like saying one subway sandwich is better than the other because the sandwich artist used a nicer wrapper.
>>
>>344669587
Tastes differ.
Online actually ruins the flow of the game for me.
I have a tendency to just play most of the game offline so i don't get spoiled by Notes and summons during boss fights or the Occasional Ghost ruining the feeling of isolation.
I only occasionally turn on online for some PVP or COOP.

Offline gives you the feeling of true isolation.
Of exploring a Forsaken land.

Online makes you feel like you are playing a MMO only you cant touch other players unless you ask them nicely or they force them self on you.
>>
>>344670201
You post this shitty webm every thread. It's not impressive.
>>
>>344671340
PvP has always been the post-game content for me when I play these games. I played a good 20 hours more in DaS2 through all the various PvP options available, while in DaS3, I pretty much dropped the game as soon as I beat it.
>>
File: sotfs gaining players.png (333 KB, 727x1039) Image search: [Google]
sotfs gaining players.png
333 KB, 727x1039
>>344671110

It's alive and well on PC. It's player count is going up as well, while DS3's is dropping rapidly.
>>
>>344670796
>this could be because I am an old fart.

No it's because you're a pussy and afraid of getting rekted like this fucking faggot.
>>
How can they fuck up covenants twice in a row?
DS2 had great covenants, BB fucked up everything and covenants were useless, now we have 3 covenants for the same shit but none of them are working, and 2 covenants that only work together
>>
>>344669587
This. [spoilers]Dark Souls itself is a somewhat overrated game, the online component is what makes it unique[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1408991584635.gif (850 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1408991584635.gif
850 KB, 320x320
>>344671340
>unpopular opinions
>followed by food analogy
Quality shitpost, friend
>>
>>344668483
I really love Ds2 pvp
Miss that god damn Blood Arena
>>
>>344668483
Dark Souls 2:

>lets see should I visit terribly designed area number 1, or terribly desired number 2, or terribly designed area number 3?
>>
>>344671340
In my 150 hours of ds3 I played mostly pvp. I haven't even finished the game. Just need to beat two more bosses but it's just too boring. The series only attraction is pvp and if other games would incorporate the system better I wouldn't even play souls anymore. I'd buy a souls arena game over what we have now.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.