[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the game with the most real choice based options and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Which is the game with the most real choice based options and why is it this one?
>>
that game is shit, go read a book
>>
>>344655091
>go read a book
when will this meme finally end?
>>
>>344655226
Never, because there are too many plebs
>>
undertale
>>
Witcher 2 for me.
>>
>>344655307
This
>>
Deus Ex is up there

Lots of big choices and a lot of subtle ones
>>
hmmm i think cod black ops 2? gave you crazy choice in campaign they dont make em like they used too
>>
>>344654737
Yeah, PS:T was pretty amazing when it came to the choices, at least in the powerful impact they had on the player.

The power coming from the idea that your choices don't really matter in the end. That what motivates our actions is seemingly arbitrary yet still creates effects in our world, is a really mature concept for a game. A concept lost on most of the video game audience.

Probably the only other game to do that well was The Stanley Parable, and that was ham fisted satire.

PS:T is a rare gem that was entirely too ahead of its time. It's Frank Zappa's album Apostrophe for video games.
>>
>>344657213
im going to try this game out. what type of choices can you make? like is there a formula to it this choice effects this choice and since theres 200 choices they can all effect each other and it ends up being 1000 different things?
>>
>>344657398
No, kind of the opposite in a way. There are what seem to be lots of choices at certain points, but what one you choose matters in the subjective way to the player as opposed to truly affecting the story.

The game is pretty linear overall. The way the story is presented is really well done, and the music, characters, and writing are different from usual D&D fantasy tropes which was a purposeful design choice. The devs wanted to screw around with the popular RPG tropes and did a great job at it.

There's no wrong way to play though. The most interesting way is to max out WIS and INT to get access to the most dialogue options and access to past memories.

It's a cool game since it's an RPG where you're trying to discover who you, the main character, are and used to be as opposed to making a new character and building their story by playing the game.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.