[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do casuals fixate so much on zelda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
why do casuals fixate so much on zelda?
>>
>>344654468
it's the second most popular japanese video game series of all time and has a lot of merchandise while final fantasy changes things too much to cling to.
>>
>>344654468
because "ocarina 64 is le greatest game ever!!!!!"
>>
its piss easy but it has """deep lore""" so people trick themselves into thinking it's something of substance.

i mean shit, the mental gymnastics alone some of these people take to get even a semi-plausible timeline is laughable.
>>
>>344654468
The games are casual garbage but as kids it's the hardest thing in the planet.
>>
>>344656374
I honestly haven't seen anyone say that in years.

I remember when FF7 vs OoT was the unholiest fucking war on the internet and now it's just a shell

Proof that this place is full of underaged desu
>>
>>344656251
>>344656374
>>344656446
i want neofags to leave

if you havent played zelda you shouldnt be allowed to call yourself a gamer
>>
>>344654468
>ruining that perfect porcelain white skin with a shitty tattoo

fucking degenerates
>>
>>344656534
everyone is laughing at you
>>
>>344656534
>us gamers huh?
There's no gamers here, only angry anons who like vidya.
>>
>>344654468
That guy needs a tan
>>
>>344656534
Neofags are fanboys of sony with a side of nintendo. I don't get why you'd think people who haven't played zelda would be from there. If anything they're probably from /v/ itself or r/pcmasterrace.
>>
>>344656525
Dark Souls vs Skyrim is the true vidya battle of a generation.

Soon it will be Undertale vs Pokemon GO
>>
File: py9NcxLb.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
py9NcxLb.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>344656850
man you hit the fucking nail on the head. my little brother and all his friends are way into that subreddit. i go to their steam chatroom and it's full of people openly discussing being in high school. you ask them about any video game that came out before 2008 and/or isn't on steam, they fucking freeze up. if they watch a lot of Lets Players they might know about nintendo stuff but that's it.

the "PC Master Race" shit is literally mostly 15 year olds.
>>
>>344656534
I would say this is a falseflag but I have actually seen this type of Zelda elitism so many times that I know its true.
>>
Because its like a fairytale with a simple background story, yet different enough from reality, so the normies can enjoy it.
>>
>>344654468
Because these turbocasuals think mario is too mainstream, so they pick the 2nd most mainstream thing.
>>
Because its everything an adventure game should be.

It tells its story through gameplay, well, except the newer games, fucking cutscenes after cutscenes after cutscenes,
>>
>>344654468
As a casual, you're not authorized to call other people casuals.
>>
>>344654468
Because the series is now run by King Casual

>OCTOROKS ARE HARD
>>
There's no metagame
>>
>>344658406
Where's the evidence?
>>
why do /v/irgins fixate so much on a games fanbase instead of games in general?
>>
>>344656525
I like both games, I played both, loved both and beat both games.
I couldn't pick one if I was asked.
>>
>>344654468
I was swiping on Tinder the other day and came across a girl that looked super familar and had a Zelda tattoo peeking out of her shirt

the reason I knew her was because she was a BBW camgirl I knew that frequented /soc/ who went by Zelda, the tattoo gave it away
>>
>>344659876
/r9k/ crossposters complaining about normies
>>
I've never played a Zelda game start to finish, I wasn't much of a nintendo fag. But, my girlfriend is one of those fangirl types for Zelda. So, I picked up Twilight Princess for her, since she's borrowing my gamecube for the moment.

Everytime I come over there, she's progress like.. Maybe one map sequence, and is stuck.

And, I have to help her, and it's like, the easiest thing.

Like, oh, just follow the minimap to the end, and I'm sure there's something to interract with there.

And, that's literally how every puzzle has been in the game.

And she can't figure this shit out.
>>
>>344660048
I agree, both are equally overrated by pleb manchildren who were easily impressed as kids by early 3D shit.
>>
>>344660690
I don't know if that's the reason but... Yeah I have to agree, they might be a bit overrated.
Still very enjoyable games though, still good games.
>>
It's easy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.