[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best top down zelda clone you've played?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: linkawaken.jpg (62 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
linkawaken.jpg
62 KB, 640x638
What's the best top down zelda clone you've played?
>>
ALttP
>>
I can't actually think of any
>>
Ok, there's neutopia though that's a bit more on the classic side.

There's that one that came out not long ago on iOS and PC, Oceanhorn

There's not too many.
>>
>>344644317
Blood Omen.

It's great. It's a shame Soul Reaver and the games after it kind of shat all over it.
>>
>>344645019
Superb taste anon. Blood Omen is the best LoK game
>>
Alundra and the classic Ys games.
>>
>>344644317
Alundra is better than a lot of Zeldas. Literally Zelda for adults.
>>
>>344646934
I would call it hard zelda rather than zelda for adults. I'd give this game to a child.
>>
>>344645714
I think the first Soul Reaver is still pretty solid, but it should've played to its strengths more. The exploration and platforming are great, but so much of the exploration is relegated to collecting spells that are pretty pointless, and then the game's ending shits the bed and leads the way to Soul Reaver 2's shittiness. It's all downhill.
>>
Okami
>>
3D Dot Game Heroes
>>
>>344646763
this
>>
>>344648557
Top-down, anon.
>>
Startropics II: Zodas Revenge
>>
>>344644317
Stardew Valley maybe?
I mean there's a lot of shit to figure out and the combat is basically 2d zelda.
>>
Just Breed

It's a Zelda/ DQ compilation clone on famicom.
>>
It's isometric, but Landstalker, once you get used to the isometric perspective - AND have a controller that can hit diagonals well - you'll find it's an incredible experience. A really sprawling adventure with some very, very tricky dungeons.

Alundra, its spiritual sequel, is top down, but retains the mixture of dungeon with very difficult platforming and puzzles found in Landstalker. I recommend both games, as they do the puzzle element far better than in Zelda.

Another Genesis game worth checking out is Beyond Oasis. It has very satisfying combat (with some SF-style commands) and is an all-around great-looking game.
>>
Daikatana GBC
>>
>>344649781
true, but it's not a clone.
>>
>>344644317
Captain Falcon
>>
File: golden-axe-warrior-02.png (11 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
golden-axe-warrior-02.png
11 KB, 640x480
>>344644317
Golden Axe Warrior
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.