[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To you assholes who said it's actually good; When does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ps4-resident-evil-6.jpg (101 KB, 774x735) Image search: [Google]
ps4-resident-evil-6.jpg
101 KB, 774x735
To you assholes who said it's actually good; When does it actually get good?

Right now it feels like a pretty ordinary TPS, can someone explain what makes it so great? Also why do they walk so fast? I keep on getting grabbed by zombies I can't see on the floor because of it.
>>
>>344640650
You playing Leon's campaign?
>>
tell me /v/
>>
I've played every RE game. This is the only game that I've asked for a refund for on Steam. Absolute garbage.
>>
>>344641085
>Steam
Kill yourself.
>>
>>344640998
Yes, I heard it was the best of the 4. So far it seems fine, besides getting grabbed by those floor zombies. I really wish it had a more similar walk speed to 4 and 5
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 785x757) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 785x757
>>344640650
>believing anything /v/ says
>>
>>344641164
>>
>>344641180
Are you still in the University? That part sucks.

I'd say that Jake's campaign is the best overall, despite the terribly designed Nemesis Lite.

Chris's has the best story, and Leon's has the best enemies.
>>
>>344641180
You can avoid getting grabbed by walking past them or jumping backward/sideways. I think you can shoot them while they're lying down too, iirc.
>>
>>344641359
Just finished it and a little ways in the sewer

>>344641505
Oh okay, maybe I've just been shit the whole time. Also you can't shoot some of them because some zombies don't activate til you walk passed them. It's the main thing that bothers me.
>>
>>344641505
>I think you can shoot them while they're lying down too
You can't, actually. That's one of the bullshit things about the game.

>>344640650
RE6 is not a very good game. It has its moments and the controls are spot on, but the enemies and bosses are shit along with the level design and the story.
But even with all its flaws, I still like it.
It gets good when you're playing mercenaries.
>>
>>344641796
A lot of Leon's campaign takes place underground, so get ready for that.

Ah. Well, there's a lot less of that moving forward from the catacombs
>>
>>344641879
>the enemies and bosses are shit
Some are, but not all.
>>
>>344640650
It gets good about the time you really grasp everything you can do with the controls. I'd suggest looking up the controls online because the game itself is pretty shitty at explaining them. Maybe play a few rounds of Mercenaries.

The big ones are auto-herb mixing and quick shots->melee follow up combos.

The shitty directing as far as Leon tripping over everything in his first mission doesn't really go away, although there is less tripping later on replaced by other less-annoying-but-still-silly sequences.
>>
>>344640650
>When does it actually get good?
Middle of Leon's campaign.
End of Chris' campaign.
Mercs.
>>
>>344641879
>>I think you can shoot them while they're lying down too
>You can't, actually. That's one of the bullshit things about the game.
It's really the most bullshit part about Leon's 1st mission. You see zombies lying on the floor and can't double tap them, you see a metal detector you KNOW is going to go off once you go through, the whole scenario plays out like Leon hasn't dealt with this shit before.
>>
>>344642268
>not telling him how great most of Jake's campaign is

>the Chinese mansion
>the Neo-Umbrella facility
>the icy stealth section
>>
>>344642537
Oh, and the final boss fight
>>
>>344642262
Alright, I found a nice little guide on the mechanics on neogaf right now. I'm gonna try fucking around with it on mercs then gonna play more of Leon's campaign.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.