[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here hyped for the Pathologic remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20
File: gorod_chu_l_en.jpg (90 KB, 1100x440) Image search: [Google]
gorod_chu_l_en.jpg
90 KB, 1100x440
Who else here hyped for the Pathologic remake?
>>
I really hope they can deliver on what their last few blogposts desribe.

Then again, it can't possibly be worse than the original no matter what they do, right?
>>
>>344640369
relase date w h e n
>>
>>344641797
Oh, you know IPL - they will always delay it at least 2-3 times, so I wouldn't bet on its arrival before Q4 '17.
>>
redpill me
>>
Any recommendations for getting into the game? I got the 'hd' version of steam a while back, but because my job, I can only really afford to play 1 to 2 hrs a day. It really kills the flow of it for me, especially since there's so many little things going on at once... it's hard to put myself back into the same place again. Should I just take a day off from work to play this? Should I just wait for the remake instead?
>>
>>344642189
Don't take a day off just to play a game man. I suggest you wait till the remake comes out. It'll have better graphics, a better translation and some of the game mechanics will be smoothed out.
>>
>>344642189
First off, the remake is supposed to be drastically different from the original, both in gameplay and even in certain story aspects, so the remake won't be a substitute for the original. On top of that, from what they describe the gameflow to be like it'll be even more difficult to get in and out of it for smaller sessions, since it apparently won't retain the rigid day-to-day structure of the original.

But yeah, for this game it's best to play it in large chunks and without long breaks, at least within one character's scenario. A weekend might be enough for one character if you are really dedicated, but you'll probably need a little more, but if you're forced to play in smaller sessions taking notes can help a lot, just basic things about your overall goals and any observations you make you find interesting, even just noting the next thing you want to do when you end a session.
>>
Gone Home for Fedoralords
>>
>>344642823
Plebeian detected
>>
>>344642189
Just wait for the remake.
>>
>>344642764
Each scenario clocks in at about 40 hours each. Unlesshe plays almost the entire day on Saturday and Sunday, he isn't going to finish it in one weekend. That said, taking notes will be useful. I saw Marshall Dyer doing it during his Bachelor LP.
>>344642823
As if the two are comparable. Gone home was a piece of shit
>>
File: smilingexecutors.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
smilingexecutors.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>344640369
Yes.
Spooky Executor masks when?

>>344641895
Isn't that a bit optimistic? I'm thinking 2018-19 at least.

>>344642189
I know what you mean, especially playing for the first time, but I wouldn't go so far as to take a day off work to play it... unless you hate your work and were going to anyway, in which case Pathologic is one of the better games to pick. A day probably wouldn't be sufficient, though; best to pick a weekend (or better yet, a long weekend) and see if you can get through one scenario at least. Then again, playing for a day or so should give you a better grasp of the game's form and routine, so even if you fuck up and get yourself killed/run yourself into an incredibly difficult situation, it'll help you immerse yourself in it more easily from then on. - it took me a few attempts to finish the game for the first time.
>Should I just wait for the remake instead
You could, but it's intended to be pretty different from the original both game-mechanics and storywise, so if you did wait I'd definitely recommend coming back and playing the original as well. I'd say try the HD Remaster for now, it has an updated translation already.
>Recommendations
Patrician mode: wait until you're delirious in a bout of heavy fever, and marathon the game then.
>>
>>344643207
>Each scenario clocks in at about 40 hours each.
Took me about 20 to beat the game with the Bachelor. Unless you literally talk to everyone all the time and do all the sidequests I don't see how it would take 40 hours.
>>
>>344643207
>Marshall Dyer
>tfw everyone who likes Pathologic is either an SJW faggot like Dyer, or a literal faggot like Sexbad and me
>>
>>344643386
>marshall dyer
>sjw
I kind of suspected as much. I remember hin pointing out that it was sexist that a female NPC offers to repair your clothes. Then again, I don't really care bc it didn't really seep into his LP( you, except that time)
>>
>>344643827
>he plays Fallout 4 as a black woman because white men blah blah blah we've heard it all before.
>>
>>344643926
The only LP of his I've seen is his bachelor playthrought. That said I would rather play Fallout 4 instead of seen someone else play it. who gives a shit who he plays as? i could play an arab set with the lowest intelligence stat and none would give a fuck
>>
File: steppe.jpg (242 KB, 1100x457) Image search: [Google]
steppe.jpg
242 KB, 1100x457
>>344640369
So, is playing the HD Remaster worth it? I've left it until now, hoping to just experience the remake after only playing the original, but now I'm starting to wonder whether I should play it for the new translation or not.

>>344643359
>Unless you literally talk to everyone all the time and do all the sidequests I don't see how it would take 40 hours.
>not talking to everyone all of the time
Some of the one-off remarks you can get are pretty cool. I remember Anna saying a specific voiced line once on approaching her, and in all the time I've played I've only heard it once or twice since.

>>344643386
>>344643827
What about that dude who did the writeup for RockPaperShotgun?
All I remember is that he apparently got a tattoo of something from the game, but I still have no fucking idea what it is.
>>
>/pol/ has now seeped into my comfy ice pick lodge threads
>>
>>344643359
I tried to role-play as the town's saviour in my first playthrought. That meant doing all the side quests to help as many people as I can and prevent as many deaths as possible. That's probably what took me so long
>>
>>344643181
The remake is more of a reboot. We don't know how it's going to be, but we do know that the original is fantastic
>>
>>344643827
His Patho play through is decent enough though. And he's got a calming voice and his play style is methodical and enjoyable to watch.

On the other hand there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4K9G25CkwU

>>344644137
>who gives a shit who he plays as?
When your reason for playing as something is FUCKING WHITE MALES REEEEEEEEE you can go fuck yourself.
>>
File: Pathologic.png (423 KB, 535x574) Image search: [Google]
Pathologic.png
423 KB, 535x574
>>344644241
Life is suffering.

>>344644290
>I tried to role-play as the town's saviour in my first playthrought. That meant doing all the side quests to help as many people as I can and prevent as many deaths as possible.
>>
>>344644226
Pretty kickass article. He said he got a tattoo "of the symbol of the game". What he was referring to, I have no idea
>>
I miss the old Rock Paper Shotgun. The Pathologic articles were what convinced me to buy the game in the first place
>>
File: pathologic brand.png (21 KB, 128x162) Image search: [Google]
pathologic brand.png
21 KB, 128x162
>>344644717
One of the brands maybe?
>>
>>344644908
Maybe. he did say that it was something who people who hadn't played the game wouldn't recognize.
>>
>>344644421
Based movie, by the way. For anyone interested, it's "Oslo. 31th August" by Joachim Trier (not related to Lars von Trier, afaik).
>>
>>344645043
I don't think anyone would recognise anything from Pathologic had they not played it to be honest
>>
>>344645043
It's what I'd get it if I was 1) stupid enough to get a tattoo and 2) stupid enough to get a video game tattoo.
>>
File: Plaguefu.png (627 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Plaguefu.png
627 KB, 800x800
>>344644717
I have a vague memory that I once saw it mentioned...somewhere (twitter, maybe?) that it was an Odonghe, but whatever it was I can't find it now; and he's always refused to post a picture of it or elaborate.
Which is a shame, because I'd love to see one as a tattoo design.

>>344644908
These have always been tempting to me, but I've always been afraid I'd fuck it up, especially with the Kickstarter post they made about the Steppe Alphabet.

>>344645135
Thanks, anon.
I'm glad someone else has seen it, let alone recognised it
>>
>>344645526
>I'm glad someone else has seen it, let alone recognised it
Is "Louder Than Bombs" any good? Have you seen it?
>>
File: nice dick lodge(d in my butt).jpg (44 KB, 597x381) Image search: [Google]
nice dick lodge(d in my butt).jpg
44 KB, 597x381
>>344645526
Does Nikolay count as a plaguefu?
>>
Does anyone have any ideas on adding challenges to the game? I have this:
>play as the Haruspicus
>required to complete every side quest for every day along with the main quest
>can't use coffee to relieve exhaustion
>must complete the game on a set time limit
>limited to only using your fists/knife as weapons
Would the game be unwinnable or just very, very hard?
>>
File: MrSkeletalPathologic.jpg (292 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
MrSkeletalPathologic.jpg
292 KB, 620x400
>>344645637
I haven't seen it yet, sorry, couldn't find it anywhere. I was going to ask you the same thing, actually. Sorry, anon.

>>344645780
Best plaguefu. Alphyna a cute, though.
>ywn get drunk with IPL and have them tell you crazy Russian stories
>>
On the one hand yes because its a cool game but on the other no because I'm sick of remakes.
>>
>>344646160
>get drunk with IPL and have them tell you crazy Russian stories

I can still read the fiction book reward while getting slaughtered on 80% wodka and pretend ;_;
>>
>>344646210
On one had I'd like to agree with you, but consider this: when they first made the game they had a small budget and little manpower, so perhaps a lot of cool, planned stuff didn't get to go in the game. Now we'll, hopefully, experience the story the was it was originally intended. Like, I don't give a flying fuck about the System Shock 1 remake, because it was a perfectly fine game on its own (albeit a bit dated) and afaik nothing substantial got added, but this is something completely different.
>>
>>344646406
But do you know that IPL has been slowly spiralling down the SJW hole?

Thanks to Alphyna, that is
>>
File: 1436462898470.jpg (6 KB, 171x211) Image search: [Google]
1436462898470.jpg
6 KB, 171x211
>>344647631
>>
File: epic response there bro.jpg (51 KB, 938x477) Image search: [Google]
epic response there bro.jpg
51 KB, 938x477
>>344647715
>>
>>344647715
Not joking though, on their official social network webpage she actively encourages people to post homosex fanfiction between main characters of the game.

And she BANS people who think otherwise.
>>
>>344647929
>social network webpage
okay, but what about their games
>>
>>344647995
we'll have to see, I guess. But she's been the newest addition to IPL, and if you know a thing or two about that bitch, you'd be worried.

Seriously, there had been numerous discussions about Pathologic's inevitable demise thanks to the new blood. Vlad warned against it two years ago.
>>
>>344647995
>implying the void isn't a feminist clusterfuck
>>
>>344648140
I remember it having giant titties and naked women
>>
>>344648234
>naked women
who are slaves to the monstrous brothers

it's literally "MUH PATRIARCHY" the game
>>
>>344648101
Eh, I wouldn't really worry. She was behind the new translation of Pathologic which was still filled with shit like "man's share is harder" etc

>>344648371
Grow up and stop projecting things onto games that aren't there. Not everything is part of the SJW conspiracy
>>
>>344640369
Does anyone not kill the first Odonghe and his friend as the Bachelor?

>>344648101
>Vlad
Where is that guy, anyway?
>>
>>344648509
She wasn't though. AFAIK they hired some American bilingual guys to do the job, she's their PR head and also close to Dybovskiy.

And new translation isn't much better
>>
>>344646406
>>On one had I'd like to agree with you, but consider this: when they first made the game they had a small budget and little manpower, so perhaps a lot of cool, planned stuff didn't get to go in the game. Now we'll, hopefully, experience the story the was it was originally intended. Like, I don't give a flying fuck about the System Shock 1 remake, because it was a perfectly fine game on its own (albeit a bit dated) and afaik nothing substantial got added, but this is something completely different.
idk m8, if chris avellone is gonna be involved, they're probably going to add something
>>
>>344648602
>And new translation isn't much better
How so? The sentences are properly structured this time and apparently they're much closer to the actual russian ones. The game's deliberately vague with the way its written, that's not the result of the translation.
>>
>>344648509
>Grow up and stop projecting things onto games that aren't there
>feminist articles on the void
>all articles on the void mention feminism
>>
>>344648548
Vlad is the developer of the game or something? I know Big Vlad is ingame char, but who's this guy I keep seeing mentioned??
>>
>>344648842
There's also articles about how The Bee Movie was a critique of the ideal capitalist utopia, but I'm fairly sure Jerry Seinfeld just wanted to make a movie about bees.
>>
>>344640369
>can give millions of dollars to ice pick lodge to make anything they want
>it's a second remake of a game that's already completely playable and with fan translation underway

consumers have proved nothing good will ever come from them

next up: infinity engine remakes! your favourite eceleb: the rpg! pseudo nes soulslike roguelite and more!
>>
File: smh brah.jpg (14 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
smh brah.jpg
14 KB, 804x446
>>344649002
God damn you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>344648602
>She wasn't though. AFAIK they hired some American bilingual guys to do the job, she's their PR head and also close to Dybovskiy.

http://pathologic-game.com/blog/en/a-fine-line/
>My name is Alexandra “Alphyna” Golubeva. Our previous backers may remember my Knock-Knock update. I work for Ice-Pick Lodge full-time now; I’m a linguist, a translator, and a writer, and I’ll be the one in charge of translating Pathologic.

http://pathologic-game.com/blog/en/classic-ice-picks-not-really/
>So we’ve endeavoured to at least make it readable—with the kind assistance from General Arcade and Gambitious. The translation effort was in-house, but we’re positive it wouldn’t have become possible without their guidance.

Sounds a lot like she was. Along with the bazillion blog posts where she describes her efforts translating the game.
>>
>>344648602
>she's their PR head
Cute!

>>344648842
>stock image reply
>articles discuss something, that means the game itself must possess that attribute
I know you're just trying to keep the thread alive, man. Thanks.

>>344648942
>but who's this guy I keep seeing mentioned??
Tripfag who usually appears around here, best resource for discussion on the game by far.
He was trying a fan translation for a while, before the remake was announced.
>>
>>344649310
Bro, that wasn't why he stopped doing the translation and you know it. Don't forget the "discussion" he had with Alphyna.
>>
>>344648548
>>344648942
>Where is that guy, anyway?
>who's this guy I keep seeing mentioned??
Literally 4th post in the thread.
>>
>>344648371
And they are saved by you, a literal white straight man. Also a lot of the sisters are manipulative bitches that use you, exactly what MRAs think all women are.

So yeah, very feminist.
>>
>>344648842
>there's articles claiming Mad Max: Fury Road is a feminist movie
Why does everything have to be politized nowadays? Get /po/ out of my vidya already
>>
Is anon who read "Definitely Maybe" here?
>>
File: feverdreams.jpg (210 KB, 1100x429) Image search: [Google]
feverdreams.jpg
210 KB, 1100x429
>>344649410
That was just before they started their ARG for their Kickstarter campaign, though, wasn't it?
...and not really, I haven't been around much, and the archive doesn't go back that far. Just that there was one.

>>344649443
I meant more specifically, why isn't around here right now, because I need to ask him a question
But thanks

>>344649562
>Get /pol/ out of my vidya already
This, especially my comfy IPL vidya.
>>
>>344649749
But he knew about the campaign way before that. Guy got C&D'd. By Alphyna.
>>
>>344649749
The art of the game is exquisite fan. Good taste
>>
>>344649443
Not answering my question about who that guy is but w/e
>>
>>344649853
I just remember her implying they might be hiring him and then silence
>>
>>344650153
The opposite. He asked to work pro bono but she said NO
>>
File: Brides.jpg (73 KB, 610x347) Image search: [Google]
Brides.jpg
73 KB, 610x347
Seconding this >>344649742
Otherwise, is there anyone else who can help me out with Russian Utopism?

>>344649853
>>344650381
Fuck, is that what happened? Damn, I never got a straight answer out of him. Like I said, I haven't been around much.
Quick question, no lies: are you actually Vlad?

>>344649903
It's probably my favourite artstyle, it just fits the game so well. I actually love the original graphics, but what we've seen of the remake is getting me pretty hyped as well.
>that Executor moment in the reveal trailer
>>
>>344650545
Nope, sorry. Just a lurker who's been around
>>
>>344640369
I missed out on getting Executor mask from the backer rewards, but I am very psyched as hell. It was actually kind of weird when they announced it; Pathologic being remade was one of my top 5 things that would never happen but really should.

>>344643827
He or whoever should keep in mind it's set in a rustic, parochial, time-ambiguous town with traditions and heirachies. Men hunt down and beat women or burn them as witches looking for Shabnak-Adyr. Representation of gender-stratified skills is not necessarily an unconsidered internalized idea of gender roles.

>>344644717
A polyhedron around the hip could work

>>344646160
who was that dude that wrote about his time in Russia with Ice-Pick? He worked with them on Cargo! Definitely sounded like the kind of experience you'd expect from a game dev company that started out as a bunch of randoms working out of one guys shitty apartment.

>>344647631
this complaint is about as vacuous as when the Hipster Frankenstein's monster was rage
In any case, the Void has clear feminist themes
>>
I did some fishing around in the archive and both those guys were wrong
>>
>>344649742
>>344650545
I mean, I am the anon who recommended "Definitely Maybe" in one of the ks threads. I saw someone looking for me when I searched /v/ archive for Pathologic threads. Anyway, read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doomed_City next. It's a good read even though the idea of Utopia is somewhere in the background in that book.
>>
>>344650935
>He or whoever should keep in mind it's set in a rustic, parochial, time-ambiguous town with traditions and hierarchies
This. It's implied that the game takes place in the 1910s.
>>
>>344651336
Well, Alphina sounds like an entitled bitch
>>
Kinda

I got bored day 7 on the Bachelor story.
>>
File: alf.jpg (59 KB, 604x377) Image search: [Google]
alf.jpg
59 KB, 604x377
That is NOT cute.
>>
File: SmilingExecutorandTragedian.jpg (54 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
SmilingExecutorandTragedian.jpg
54 KB, 680x383
>>344650935
>It was actually kind of weird when they announced it; Pathologic being remade was one of my top 5 things that would never happen but really should.
Exactly my thoughts. Did you get your Tragedian mask at least?
>A Polyhedron around the hip could work.
...fuck, you know, this is actually a great idea.
What were you thinking, just down the side of the hip? Or a wrapping around?

>who was that dude that wrote about his time in Russia with Ice-Pick? He worked with them on Cargo! Definitely sounded like the kind of experience you'd expect from a game dev company that started out as a bunch of randoms working out of one guys shitty apartment.
I haven't heard of this before, but that's fucking awesome. I'll have to find it, IPL sound like they're based as fuck irl. I'm just sad I'll never get to hear Dybowsky's crazy stories.

>>344651464
Oh, hey! Sorry, I misread your post - firstly, let me say thank-you so much for the recommendation, it was incredible; I've been hoping to find you for ages so I can thank you. (>tfw I just checked the archive and your post is literally the one after mine). I got pretty sick after the KS so I missed most of the threads between then and now.

I'll definitely read that next (probably give Definitely, Maybe a reread first). Is there any further/more in-depth reading I can do on the subject? I mean, I'm a bit rusty with regards to lit criticism and analysis, but I'd really like to read more of it. Is it mostly limited to Russia/Russian?
Will you be around to discuss things again, based Russanon?
>>
File: qt.png (344 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
344 KB, 680x383
>>344652489
...how? Days 5-7 are when it really starts getting good for the Bachelor.

>>344652909
You didn't get any emails from her during the Kickstarter, I take it.
>>
>>344652941
I did get the Tragedien mask. And the doll, I think. Pretty much everything. It's cool to see the boardgame videos, I hope they ship soon enough

>What were you thinking
I reckon just above a pelvic ridge, spike facing inward.

>I haven't heard of this before, but that's fucking awesome
well I have to find it now.
http://tom-jubert.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/voyage-to-ice-pick-lodge-bombs.html
>>
>>344653435
What's with the emails? More gloss and instagram filters on her photos?
>>
>>344652941
I'm at work, can't engage in long discussion. I'll be glad to help you with literary recommendations, however. Since you liked "Definitely Maybe" so much, maybe you should read other books by Strugatsky brothers. Other than "The Doomed City" I can recommend "The Roadside Picnic", the book the entire Stalker franchise began with.
>>
>>344654358
Roadside Picnic is the best. Definitely worth reading!
>>
>>344653460
>Nikolay has started swaying and telling "It's bloody cold in Russia" stories. My favourite involves a man who runs to the shops at midnight in Siberia and is terrified when he hears the devil's hooves clanking behind him. He gets home and realises the clanking was coming from his sock-clad feet which have frozen solid. "The funny thing is," says Nikolay, "he had to have them amputated two weeks later."
>>
>>344653460
Yeah, all their rewards look great. I've been meaning to email them for ages now and ask whether or not I can add on one each of each specific brand they produce.
The boardgame looks fun, I'm not a particular fan of tabletop games but I think it'll be interesting to play with people who would otherwise not play Pathologic at all.

>I reckon just above a pelvic ridge, spike facing inward
That would look sick
I'm actually going to think about this, thanks for the idea anon.

>>344653460
>http://tom-jubert.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/voyage-to-ice-pick-lodge-bombs.html
...this is fucking amazing.
>Nikolay has started swaying and telling "It's bloody cold in Russia" stories.
>My favourite involves a man who runs to the shops at midnight in Siberia and is terrified when he hears the devil's hooves clanking behind him.
>He gets home and realises the clanking was coming from his sock-clad feet which have frozen solid.
>"The funny thing is," says Nikolay, "he had to have them amputated two weeks later."

>>344653717
...naw, they were just phrased in a qt way if you got one, especially during the first couple days 'cause of how overwhelming the support they got was. It was just a joke, really, I was trying to ascertain whether there was anyone here from the KS threads

>>344654358
Thanks a bunch, anon. It's cool, it's pretty late here anyway, but hopefully I run into you again in these threads.
I'm reading Roadside Picnic at the minute, actually and it's sublime - I'm reading a translation but some of the prose is simply incredible. I don't know if it's in the original, but there's one section about Dina living ''a dissipated life'' that stuck with me, for some reason.
After these, is The Noon Universe good?
>>
>>344654621
>
5:50pm - I meet Nikolay on the way, he explaining candidly that a mistake on his part - the common games industry one of moving to posh offices then realising you can't pay the bills - has left the core team of seven or so working from a flat in the Moscow outskirts.

>7pm - We talk about the tribulations of getting good stuff into commercial games. This covers my claim that a lot of my job involves sneaking good writing into games while convincing the publisher it's just about blowing shit up, and Nikolay's efforts to allow children to die in Pathologic by officially considering them midgets

>5am - I wake up to hear Nikolay singing "What shall we do with the drunken sailor" in his sleep.

>11:30am - Nikolay explains that he remembers agreeing to collaborate on Cargo but that he has forgotten the terms. I remind him. He seems a little surprised, but happy all the same.

>I had to skip out the point where the guys started comparing scars like that scene out of Jaws. Alex had just had an operation, and Nikolay had just been stabbed in the chest a few months ago. No joke.
>>
>>344654472
Thanks, Vlad!
Sorry to hear about what happened with your translation efforts, that's fucked.

>>344654621
>>344655209
>...I call my friends and when they hear which part of town I'm in they ask if I trust the guys I'm with and whether anyone's asked to 'borrow' my passport.

>2am - Alex and Nisa go to bed (they live here), Nikolay walks home, and I'm left on the sofa bed in the half light of the glowing computer screen where a lone developer continues tapping away at the beta.
>2:15am - Nikolay inexplicably crashes through the front door, produces a sleeping bag and lies down on the floor next to the sofa bed. I check to see if his feet have frozen over. They have not.
>>
File: void.jpg (9 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
void.jpg
9 KB, 300x169
>>344655175
>I'm actually going to think about this, thanks for the idea anon
you'll have to show me in Pathologic remake thread in the distant future. My other idea was a three quarter sleeve of one of the Void colour trees. The twist is the glowing colour components are done in UV ink. Of course, I have no idea whether or not UV ink is safe, but it's still an idea.
>>
>>344640369
I wonder if it won't be monotonous and boring this time round.

Yeah, sure, hobo-economics. Dumpster-diving and reloading whenever you get near a rat is this game for 15 hours. 45 if you do all the routes.

I like the aesthetic, I like the story, I even liked the idea of being a smalltown doctor investigating a plague to the extent where I put up with the gameplay, but god damn did the day-to-day activities just bore me out of my fucking mind.

So not that excited, no.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (19 KB, 480x169) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
19 KB, 480x169
>>344655175
>>
>>344655175
The Noon Universe is rather heavy read, I have to warn you. For example, there's a novel about investigation, it's composed mostly of the archived documents the protagonist finds. If you want to get into it, anyway, I suggest you start with "Hard To Be A God" (it's more of an adventure) and "Prisoners of Power" ("Habited Island" in Russian, still adventurous but heavier on social commentary).
>>
>>344655471
Don't even start. I'm devastated.
>>
I tried playing Pathologic, I really did. I was loving the art and the writing but jesus christ.

Why did they put the gameplay there? Walking at a snails pace through the town is not fun. It doesn't compliment the narrative. It doesn't accomplish anything other than, perhaps, building atmosphere in the worst possible way. I didn't get far enough in to try the combat but given there were only two moves, hit and block, I doubt it's any good.

It should've been a book or something.

The game doesn't take advantage of its medium at all and for that reason it completely falls flat and fails as a video game.
>>
>>344656546
>Walking at a snails pace through the town is not fun.
I'm in two minds about the walking pace. One the one hand, it's frustrating, it elongates the process which makes failure set you back further than feels fair, it stopped a lot of people from progressing more than a few days into a game (that kind of roadblock is usually a red flag), and there's no outward reason it couldn't be faster. On the other hand, it really illustrates a sense of place, can be pensive or trepidous (when you walk through toxic/dangerous districts) and like you said builds tension.

Combat was pretty rubbish, unfortunately. Only good thing I can say about it was it was generally a reasonable injury risk which made the choice to loot or rob slashers and so on meaningful

>The game doesn't take advantage of its medium at all
this is disagree with. Participation + sense of accomplishment skyrockets investment. Attribution of player perspective into the narrative crafts unique outcome/experience. Becomes a big part of the ending. Multimedia experience; particularly good soundscape. memory networks encode feelings, experiences and sounds; same reason 90's sitcom intros come with waves of nostalgia. Unique strengths between the written word against any multimedia are too parochial to matter.
>>
>>344657394
That's why I said
>It doesn't accomplish anything other than, perhaps, building atmosphere in the worst possible way.
Yes it builds atmosphere but Christ there are a million better ways they could have done it. If it's still shitty even accounting for the reasoning, then it's still bad. A good game would have had gameplay that fit with its atmosphere and pacing in a smart way. Pathologic is not well designed.
>>
>>344640369
Not hyped perhaps, but certainly piqued
>>
>>344657723
>Pathologic is not well designed
Well, yeah. IPL admits it which is why they remake a game, and this time, Nikolay is not allowed to bully their game designer into running away (like it happened with all the short-time game designers of the original Pathologic)
>>
>>344657723
>Pathologic is not well designed.
that's just an overly simplistic way of reacting to some bad elements, or even elements that simply weren't personally preferential, without reconciling it as a whole.
Opinions, I know. We both have them.
>>
>>344655579
>you'll have to show me in Pathologic remake thread in the distant future.
I'll have to, once I have more of a think about it. I like your idea about the colour tree tattoo, I've always liked the idea of a Void tattoo but I couldn't think of a way to make one work with the proper vibrancy.
I've also been considering a few Brands, but I can't decide how many to get, or where to get them.
>Of course, I have no idea whether or not UV ink is safe, but it's still an idea.
Who even cares, man? It's the future! The time for cyberpunk aesthetic is now.

>>344655981
You are absolutely based, anon.
Executor masks when?

>>344656226
Thanks, I don't mind an obtuse or involved work, so I'll give them ago - I'll start with those two and see how I go. Thanks again for everything, mate, hopefully I see you around again so I can let you know what I think of all these.

>>344656324
S-sorry, dude.
How've you been, anyway, still as interested? I remember you really got me into the game for the first time, so I'm pretty thankful.
Can I buy you a beer, or send you a Tragedian mask to cheer you up or something?
>>
>>344658393
>>344658393
>>344658393
>>344658393
I have a terminal need to see one of those executor masks if anyone in these threads ends up with one. I missed out on that backer left when one of my work paychecks was out a fortnight
>>
>>344660307
That's, like, a 3k pledge, dude.
>>
>>344661168
I made bank working at a casino
>>
>>344660307
I'm sorry to hear that, anon, but I'm sure someone'll post one here. Especially considering the level of hype/viralling for the Kickstarter there was. And because they'll be too fucking cool not to post.

>>344661168
Yeah, but there's at least two people who pledged it and post here: >>344655981
>>
>>344661560
you definitely get that message for the pledge below that, which was 450 US
>>
>>344661691
O-oh.
Well, I'm still pretty confident it'll get posted here.
>>
bump?
>>
>>344658393
Mask would be cool, actually, but I don't want to impose.

I'm feeling lukewarm towards the project right now, seeing that I got all motivation drained from me multiple times.
>>
>>344663824
Hey Vlade, do you have a steam account? I would like to add you
>>
>>344663824
Yeah, I can understand that, alright. For what it's worth, I (and I'm sure many other anons) appreciate all the work you put in and how you still tried to help them, and thanks again for getting me into Pathologic in the first place.

I'll see what I can do, then! I need to ask some questions about managing my pledge, anyway. See you round the threads man, have a good day/night/whatever
>>
>>344664990
Yeah, brother, you're welcomed to do so. My Steam name is the same as my trip.
>>344665242
It is starting to feel wrong, anon. It's like being a white male guy in a state of Texas trying to win over the case of your child's custody: you've got zero chances and you have to kiss him goodbye.

That's how it feels.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.