[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
I'll start
>>
>>344637116
(You)
>>
>>344637116
Why do you think it is overrated?
>>
>>344637334
Story is not interesting at all, drab level design. You call literally fall asleep while playing it. Shooting mechanics and slow mo are the only things keeping this whole game together. But even then there is no variation at all. Kill a bunch of soldiers, move through another office and kill a bunch of soldiers again.

Some of the horror elements were good early on in the game.
>>
Overrated doesn't honestly mean anything.

It just means you saw a lot of people who like something more than you.
>>
>>344637870
>You call literally fall asleep while playing it.
>call
kek.
Also, you seriously gotta suffer of narcolepsy if you can fall fucking asleep during FEAR.

I still don't understand the whining about level desings. They work FINE for the gameplay, the great visuals make them pleasing to look at + the already early on shown tendencies to use spooks should keep you on the edge.

>>344638063
>It just means you saw a lot of people who like something more than you.
This. /v/ seriously over-spams the most ridiculous terms all the time, taking them out of context.
>>
>>344638063
>>344638347

True but when everyone including critics hold something in high regard there have to be some good reasons for that.

Doom 3 was and still is hated despite being a horror FPS just like FEAR and without any good reasons apart from it not being a "Doom game".

Can't wait to play Fear 2 just to see why people disliked it more than the first one.
>>
>>344638932
>Can't wait to play Fear 2 just to see why people disliked it more than the first one.
Personally, because it feels super dumbed down AND consolized, partly because it was a console multiplat game from the get-go.

No leaning, no dual-wielding, smaller more linear maps, worse AI, forced 16:9, worse lighting, can't bind Mouse4 and up ...
>>
>>344638932
>Doom 3 was and still is hated despite being a horror FPS just like FEAR
Yeah, please do make rough categorizing like that. You know it's not even half the truth.

FEAR plays way faster than Doom3, and Doom 3 suffered of pretty terrible gameplay, especially gunplay and movement speed, and it re-used its monster closet + pitch blackness tricks way too many times. Even back in 04 it annoyed me to no end, but the visual splendor, no matter that I played at 480p at the time, was enough to allow us to ignore these flaws for a while.
>>
>>344639593
The Doom 3 shotgun is one of the absolute worst iterations of a buckshot tube in any game, the Vollmer VK-12 from FEAR is one of the best. Special mention to the Depezador from EYE.
>>
>>344637116
Deus ex and Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines come to mind.
I'm just baiting and shitting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.