[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think somebody competent will ever make a new space RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Do you think somebody competent will ever make a new space RPG or has that well been poisoned?
>>
>>344632059
CDPR sometime after they are done with the Cyberpunk game(s).
Some new guys.

Unless one of the small, autistic German studios stop creating smalltime medieval RPGs and go for a new genre, those are your options.
>>
>tfw Star Citizen was supposed to be it
>somebody competent
Shame.
>>
>>344632353
Uh, no, Star Citizen was *supposed* to be a wing commander clone, then they went apeshit with stretch goals.
>>
>>344632059
It's not like Mass Effect was the first of its kind man.

>>344632353
See this is why star citizen is fucked. Everyone thinks its gonna be every genre ever and the knuckleheaded devs think they can actually accomplish that.
>>
>>344632059
>whatever RPG
No, the WoW era is gone.
>>
>>344632059
I genuinely likedthe mako sections. It made me feel so lonely.
>>
>>344636072
it was terrible on those planets like the one in the OP. those blue rocks make you go slower, and the dark blue rocks make you stop moving altogether. it amazes me to this day that those planets got through testing with a thumbs up.
>>
>>344632059
Mass Effect was a pretty big hit and they're currently making another one so I don't know what you're on about with the well and shit.

Go outside of /v/ some time.
>>
>>344636276
>somebody competent
>Bioware
>>
>>344637006
You're missing the point.

The well is not poisoned. Bioware is successful. Why would any other dev look at that and think "well, can't touch that space shit, people clearly hate it because of Bioware"

Only /v/ hates Bioware. Most people don't give a shit about rainbow flags and gay pixels.
>>
>>344637497
If you think only /v/ reacted negatively to ME3 you are ignorant as shit.
>>
>>344637497
>Only /v/ hates Bioware.
/v/ weren't the only ones who reacted negatively to DA2 and ME3's finale. There's reason why they had to keep delaying DAI and why they are taking their time with ME4.
>>
>>344637712
They've made some bad games but not everyone holds grudges like /v/ does.

Especially because most people don't have any ulterior motives to hold grudges. Because they're not Nazis.
>>
>>344636235
Eh, what? Is this some kind of a meme I don't know of?
>>
>>344637819

It's not about grudges but reputation and perception.

At one point people were essentially awarding the Mass Effect games "Game of the Generation" before the gen was even down. Then it just fell off the map after 3. The series name is nowhere near as strong as it was but it's not a lost cause just yet.
>>
File: Vanguard_under_attack.0.jpg (646 KB, 3113x1885) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard_under_attack.0.jpg
646 KB, 3113x1885
>>344632059
Look into Star Citizen, bro. If you look past the hype and the hate, you'll find that it is a very good game already, and getting better all the time.
>>
>>344638081
>Then it just fell off the map after 3.
There hasn't been one since 3.
>>
>>344638256

Reread what I said. In a lot of game of the gen discussions, no Mass Effect game scratched the top 10.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.