[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demons souls is a boring, unfinished, uninspired kings field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Faraam's_Set.png (737 KB, 440x696) Image search: [Google]
Faraam's_Set.png
737 KB, 440x696
Demons souls is a boring, unfinished, uninspired kings field derivative with a less imaginative director who didn't really know what he was doing.

Dark souls was somewhat more realised and interesting, but still lacked focus and was generally uninteresting due to a huge rushed schedule.

Dark souls 2 is a polished, quality game that bought back core values of what makes games like this truly special, and I for one congratulate the team and Naotoshi Zin on accomplishing that.
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>344631095
You could at least try.
>>
>>344631217
bonfire ascetics also makes being invaded in areas you've already cleared possible.
>>
>>344631426

In SoTFS you can be invaded in areas you've cleared. You just have to rest at the bonfire and hit 'disable human effigy effect'.
>>
>>344631217
Don't forget:

>NG+ and beyond actually adds tougher enemies and more phantoms, giving incentive to actually do stuff in NG+
>All new items in NG+ are either from vendors or bosses, meaning you don't have to slog through NG+ to find a single +2 ring
>Some good covenant spells available from vendors in NG+2 (WotG, GCFB, etc)
>There are actually weapons which have dark damage naturally
>Wider range of dark miracles/hexes
>Miracles, although nerfed, are actually useable at end game/NG+
>>
>>344631095
Obvious bait thread that will reach the posting limit.
>>
I know this is bait, but I need a souls thread. Can someone post the DS1 roll build pic? I wanna replay it and I'm not sure what build to use.
>>
>>344634976
just pick whatever because all builds play the same.
>>
>>344635041
Where's the fun in that?
I want RNG to fuck me over.
>>
is /v/ just the fucking souls/overwatch board?
this is all I ever see here.
>>
File: water.jpg (39 KB, 416x253) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
39 KB, 416x253
>>344635170
It's literally just one souls thread that I revived because I wanted RNG
>>
>loved ac:4a
>try out from soft's older game kf4
>fucking loved it and got sad its the last of the series
>demon souls gets announced
Fun times all around
>>
>>344631217
>Hollowing is now a fully-implemented gameplay mechanic. The more times you die in a row the more Hollowed you become, reducing your total health and increasing difficulty. Humanity restoring items are now far more valuable and playing while Hollowed is more challenging. Additionally, certain weapons, items and spells scale with Hollowing and at least one Covenant exacerbates the effect.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (76 KB, 1065x859) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
76 KB, 1065x859
>>344631765
>>All new items in NG+ are either from vendors or bosses, meaning you don't have to slog through NG+ to find a single +2 ring
>>Some good covenant spells available from vendors in NG+2 (WotG, GCFB, etc)

>grinding for a net +500 kills for a simple GCB or 150 overall victories after giving up a token of fidelity for WoG
>good
The only good covenants in the series are Covenant of Champions and Pilgrims because they have a direct impact on the singleplayer gameplay. They're all shit otherwise because they're focused more on grind than anything else.

>Miracles, although nerfed, are actually useable at end game/NG+
>Sunlight Spear with Lightning Dragon Chime +5 at 50 Faith does ~600 damage towards shulva knights
>Dark Orb does around ~450 with Dark Sunlight Staff +5, plus has 20 casts instead of 2

I greatly prefer DS2 over DS3 as well, but you don't have to resort to lying to prove your point.
>>
>>344631095
ds2 have too many 'fuck you'-moments, like when you drop to small arena with lots of dangerous guys. And also strange enemy placements because halberd-wielded enemies and stunning tutrleguys form FoFG and old warriors from dragonrider zone are some of the dangerous enemies in entire game. And fucking cyclops. I fought not the world but designers of game.
In ds you could always run away and difficuklty curve was way better.
>>
Just started DS2. Got to mujujube village. Walked around and I found this guy right before a statue carrying a large blue sword. Does he have the MLGS? Can I kill him to get it?
>>
>>344637150
His sword isn't the MLGS but I think you can kill him to get it.

It's probably way easier than doing his quest to get his equipment.

DS2 has a stupid system where you have to summon certain NPCs for 3 out of the 4 boss fights that they're available for and keep them alive through the entire boss fight in order to do their quests.
>>
>>344637398
Oh. Well at least it isn't that different trying to keep Solaire alive do get the sunlight medal.
>>
Dark Souls 3 DLC literally when? The first one comes out in Autumn but we haven't heard shit about it yet other than it supposedly uses Dark Souls 1 vertical map style design.
>>
File: 1392139400724.jpg (28 KB, 251x250) Image search: [Google]
1392139400724.jpg
28 KB, 251x250
>>344631217
funny gestures
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.