[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to play this game without getting mad? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 24
File: 1232547679.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1232547679.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
Is it possible to play this game without getting mad?

I'm a very calm person and even I end up wanting to break shit.
>>
File: 1462661562122.jpg (34 KB, 375x425) Image search: [Google]
1462661562122.jpg
34 KB, 375x425
Well in that case, you should probably git gud
>>
>>344622280
But don't you like getting absolutely destroyed by the 12 year old shitter who aimed near the objective and clicked Q?

The game takes skill, get good.
>>
>>344622280
With a coordinated team, perhaps. But even then I can't imagine not getting mad at all. I don't know what it is about it, but dying in this game is one of the most rage inducing things I've encountered in vidya.
On the bright side, killing feels equally good, so I keep playing.
>>
>>344622280
if you buy activision garbage you have brain problems by default, that are considered a common source of madness.
so no.
>>
>>344622280
I posted this in another thread but it's more relevant here.

I rage quit because my whole team gave me shit nonstop because they said I sound like Adam Sandler. I fucked up and said I hate Adam Sandler. That was it. They started laughing everytime I spoke and quoted his movies nonstop.

That was the only time I ever got mad playing a game online. Well, the only time I remember anyway. All that rage and it wasn't even the game pissing me off.
>>
>>344622280
>was trying to play team-based
>always picked heroes situation called for
>could easily swap from tracer to mercy or rein, playing decently at all classes
>got so fucking fed up with retards who pic 3 hanzos, 3 reapers, 5 torjs etc. and end up losing the game because retards
>decided to fuck it all
>pick roadhog every game
>having shit ton of fun
>winrate unironically went up

My experience so far
>>
>>344622280
I only get mad when my team is absolute dog shit
Bastions that refuse to get on the point when the enemy is there to contest it
Genjis thay try and solo winstons and zaryas
Hanzos at all
Mercys that just wanna be fucking heal sluts and refuse to take out their pistol and shoot people from behind my shield I DON'T FUCKING NEED HEALING YOU STUPID CUNT I HAVE FULL FUCKING HEALTH DO SOMETHING USEFUL FOR FUCKS SAKE
Also those fucking morons WHO LITERALLY FUCKING SEE SOMEONE DUCK INTO A ROOM OR SIDE PASSAGE AND THEN JUST FORGET ABOUT THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A GOLD FISH AND THEN THEU GET US ALL BUTT FUCKED BY A FLANKING ULT
>>
>>344622678
>Dying in Overwatch is apparently rage inducing

Nigga you respawn almost instantly.
>>
>>344622280
Why you getting mad tho?
It's just a casual game to have casual fun with normies
>>
File: 2337473639012.jpg (23 KB, 255x345) Image search: [Google]
2337473639012.jpg
23 KB, 255x345
>>344622759
>Activision
>>
I only get mad when I play Reinhardt with a team allergic to my shield. When I get potg it only makes me angrier.
Otherwise I have the time of my life
>>
It's because there's so much shit that should be easy and work but actually doesn't work and requires some bullshit you wouldn't think you had to go through.

Case in point: Reaper's supposed insta-kill-on-command ult that is literally RNG based in its effectiveness and results in surprise bullshit deaths (last time I tried it I was killed by a FUCKING LUCIO) in most situations where it would otherwise prove actually useful.
>>
>>344622280
If you want some real rage, play HotS
>>
File: 1467159471718.png (1 MB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467159471718.png
1 MB, 783x1024
Hanzos are just awful to play against at all. They'll shoot at you a few seconds after you've left their crosshairs and get a headshot
>>
>>344622874
Hello, me.

Can advise you to try other tanks though, Winston and Zarya are more team-oriented, yet still very viable for solo playing.
>>
>>344623084
>he doesn't know
>>
>>344623283

They all do the same little gay little dance corner popping little faggots playing peekaboo and exploiting the shit out of their stupid fucking hitboxes.

Oh look its a constantly jumping Reaper tee hee oh u Reaper.

Oh look I've been hooked through a wall, amazing.
>>
>>344623321
Activision does dick but take in money Blizzard products make
>>
>>344623743
If you think Activision leaves Blizzard alone look at what happened to Destiny.
Activision rapes their companies almost as hard as EA
>>
The real reason that people get really fucking angry when playing Overwatch is that nearly all of the heroes have specific weapons, moves, voice lines and play styles that are just irritating to see and fight against.

Its a game filled with TF2 Scouts. That level of irritation just builds every single time you die to some stupid shit that either your team really should have noticed or you had no single say in the matter i.e. A Hanzo arrow spammed across the map.

So its death from a thousand cuts.
>>
>>344622280
play with friends who wear microphones. Teamwork is essential.

Playing with randoms boils down to luck. You may end up in a team with great llayers who understand the different roles needed to win. Or you may end up i. a team filled with shitters who insta pick hanzo or gengi no matter if theres already 2 of them un the damn team.

Then you may end up fighting an eneny team filled with cheap bastards picking cheap characters.

in short just play with friends. it will minimize your chances of getting angry at the end.
>>
>>344622775
I had a chuckle.
>>
>playing competitive
>one of our guys leaves mid match, were left with 5 people
>you can leave the match without being oenalized bur it will still count as a loss

thanks blizzard.
>>
>>344623308
They both are awesome, but playing them you have to rely heavily on your mates (especially as winston), which I can't allow myself to fall into.
Also I don't get everybody saying that hog isn't a proper tank. Doesn't have protection abilities? >DIE DI~AUGHGHH
>JUSTICE RA~~AUGHGUGH
>I GOT YO~AUHGUAH

Also his large body of pure health is like a sweet cinamon pancake for all the enemy shooters, how many times I sipped away being shot at by 4 of the enemies allowing my mates to catch a breath and regroup, ultimately resulting in our win?

Mako is a badass tank
>>
>>344624196
Why does everyone call him Gengi. Is it similar to why people say 'rouge' over rogue?
>>
>>344622926

Come on you know that's not true. Those five seconds feel like an eternity, and then you need to do the walk of shame on top of it.
>>
Another thing to keep in mind is how you approach game where shit like two slots are taken up by Hanzo instantly, do you rage and attempt to carry the game or do you pick Hanzo as well and just roll around in your own shit?

One will make you angrier than the other.
>>
>>344624446

Inbetween those hooks most, no pretty much all Roadhogs do fucking nothing apart from get shot.

I have no idea how none of them get fucking bored but then this is a game where people play nothing but Mercy every game so there must be something I'm missing.
>>
File: 1452397934046s.jpg (3 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1452397934046s.jpg
3 KB, 114x125
>>344622775
Shut up Jack!
>>
>>344624685
>nothing but mercy every game
What game are you playing? All I see are Junkrats and Hanzos
>>
>>344624493
>5 seconds
it takes 9 seconds to respaw
then 500 years to walk over to the point
only to get instanly killed again by some bullshit ultimate
>>
>>344622393
>Literally just copy-pasting Pyro's personality
>Literally just copying Valve's use of comics to tell story in a multiplayer game

BRAVO BLIZZARD
>>
Quick PSA:

There's no reason any longer to get mad at quick play.

Quick play is now live practice. Now that competitive is a thing, where I always play Reinhardt, Zarya, Mercy, or Lucio, the only real chance I have to try and git gud with other heroes is in quick play.

So fuck all of you try hards who start raging about team comp in quick play. Play to win? Sure. But fuck off just because the meta would insist on a 2nd support over my trying to practice with an assault hero for once.

Even if everyone is fucking around, just chill. If you want hella coordinated play, go to ranked.
>>
>>344624545
i try to be a team player but whenever i go in and see two hanzos i just fucking lose my shit. I imagine those people are 10 year olds completely oblivious about the teamwork mechanics or just some douchebag misanthrope who ia in it for himself.

i try to pull through most of the time.
>>
>>344624804

There are three heroes that get picked every single game without fail, regardless of the map or attack or defend or skill or talent. Genji, Hanzo and Raodhog.

Its like the beginners class of being a fucking shit. Streetpig is for every person that wants to kill with one hit and think they are secretly fucking amazing. Hanzo is for people that want to think they are actually really good at aiming and not at all just exploiting a pretty poor system to have an archer class in and Genji is for true pure blooded tryharding.
>>
>>344624374
Competitive is a whole another story
>1st placement match
>Gibraltar
>we have 2 reapers, 2 genjis and a mei in defence
>I swap between lucio and hog
>got 4 gold medals
>we lost

>2nd placement match
>Anubis temple
>We have torb, 2 mercys and 2 bastions (last two being complete fucking clueless shitters)
>I swap between rein and tracer
>lost 1st round on defence in 3 minutes

>3rd placement match
>Gibraltar again
>Well balanced team for starters
>They pull the cart to 2nd checkpoint
>3 of our team mates left the match
>"You won't be penalized if you leave now"
>Fuck it I leave because 3v6 is a joke
>Result in loss

So far so good

Now before anyone points that I'm a shitter, I don't pretend being the best fucking player ever, but for fucking sakes why do I get all the gold medals and am the only one trying to fucking win instead of "I MAINED REAPER SINCE CLOSED BETA FUCK OFF NEWB"
Fucking hell man, this is some toxic shitters right here
>>
>>344624910
>Every game that has a competitive mode
>There's this on faggot
>Who uses "it's not competitive though" to justify his shit plays
>His shit choices
>His shit everything

Just because it's not competitive doesn't mean I want some mouthbreather dragging the game down and making shit unfun for me

If I wanted to spend my time with retards with no regard for their teams I'd play League
>>
Solo queue is a nightmare. Don't do it. Playing with friends is a bit more tolerable
>>
>>344622280
You're probably not as calm as you think you are then.
>>
>>344624910

Our team of four once got moaned at by the enemy team for not putting up a fight when the 2 extra pubbers both locked Genji so we all went Genji as well.

Theres a really fucking strange sense of no fun allowed in Overwatch. Its bizarre when you see it. Like only meta teams are allowed to play against meta teams. What I have begun to notice is that I have some of the most fun with completely fucking strange builds like double Sym, double Torb, Lucio and Pharah on Anubis. That was amazing.
>>
Play an actually competitive game like starcraft. Getting mad at team games is basically admitting you are more emotional than a woman.
>>
>>344624910
>>344625081
I get that team comp is important and winning is fun, but there is literally no consequences to losing so sometimes its fun to try new things too.
>>
File: 1466236539302.jpg (132 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
1466236539302.jpg
132 KB, 600x488
>>344622280
Playing with friends, lowering Standards and getting ready to flex pick seemed to work for me. I guess it also helps that there are just some matches where I'm low impact so I don't really hold it against other dudes if they're not doing so hot. Only time I actually get mad anymore is when idiots bitch in chat. Yeah its frustrating to lose but its done, no need to be salty and get mad just move on to the next game.
>>
>>344625051
>be me
>HotH on Lijiang Tower
>be reaper
>get 84 eliminations with like 60 killing blows
>we lose

I loved that match.
>>
>>344624880

Cool I didn't know Valve invented comics. Someone should go back in time and sue the people who made the DOOM comic for future theft.
>>
i know there are tons of shitbags doing shitbaggy things but let's talk about a real problem I run into all of the time. It's too intense fuckers who shit all over their team and try to dictate their every move and hero selection. Whenever you have one of those overbearing fucks on the team, people quit because they don't want to put up with him. Then, he proceeds to bitch about the quitters ruining the game. I'm not defending Hanzo shitters or anything like that but the guys who are so overbearing make the game no fun. If the game isn't fun, they quit. Some people need to just understand it isn't an elaborate chess game where they call the shots.
>>
>>344622775
You will not make this shot, ya jackass!
>>
>>344625584
you are allowed to sue whoever you want for whatever reason you want.
>>
>>344625081

I agree, I'm not saying don't not play to win. Make smart choices, because winning is always more fun than losing.

But what I'm saying is that since it's basically a dick move not to be a character that you are at your most effective with in competitive, there is no way to try something new and get better outside of quick play.

So when you do choose to do that, its a little tiring to get chewed out for not being the second tank, or second support, or being the hard counter to their Pharah, or whatever. Be reasonable, theres no other way to play this game outside of teams and just chill out without going to quick play. So, just chill.
>>
>>344622280
>be on defense for Kings Row
>Reap4Lyfe instalocks Reaper
>a low level player picks Reaper as well
>Reap4Lyfe berates other player for choosing Reaper
>spends whole day chasing Genjis, Hanzos, Widowmakers and Tracers across the map and getting smashed because their team knew to protect each other
>barely on the point
>team loses the match because it was pretty much 5 v 6
>he gets potg because he Fag Blossomed down on the cart around the corner before the last point (few minutes before we lost )
>tells us that we all suck and that he was carrying the team
>>
>>344622280
Sorry OP, but ANY game that you can't solo/carry for your team can and eventually will be rage inducing. Have fun with the casuals :(
>>
File: 1445416508985.jpg (83 KB, 640x662) Image search: [Google]
1445416508985.jpg
83 KB, 640x662
>getting mad in a team based game.
>>
>>344625613
t. pussy
>>
>>344625081
>If I wanted to spend my time with retards
Well you're already here
>>
>>344625337
Once me and my 2 buddies all picked bastions on temple of anubis just for shits and giggle, we positioned in a way that we all saw each other as well as ways for enemy to approach, 3 of our pubs picked bastions as well.
No matter how hard they tried to counter us with genjis or tracers, now matter how many of us was destroyed by hanzo\widow, the fuckers didn't manage to capture the first point while we laughed our asses off
Truly hilarious match that was
>>
you know guys dota player here. i read the shit you guys say about the state of your pubs and i'm not seeing how this is any different than standard mobashit.

seems like a shit time except you're paying 60$ for it.

so much for 'paywall' keeping out the subhuman retards, huh.
>>
Tell me DVa isnt a shit Hero

A sitting duck when shooting, doesnt even have decent enough damage to balance it out.

Advantage is that you can fly around and kamikaze. Which is funny, kamikaze was a thing when Japanese thing during WW2
>>
>>344625943
>so much for 'paywall' keeping out the subhuman retards, huh.
It has worked wonders to keep russians and BR monkeys out, and that's all that really matters.
>>
>>344625081
i have fun by instalocking genji everytime and bathing in the ire of my team

ive dragged many a man down with me in my plummet from 55 to 36
>>
>>344626117
>Doesn't keep out swedes, britbongs, itallians, french, germans, americans

enjoy.
>>
>>344626081
The only time D. Va is any good is when she has Mercy glued to her while she fires into crowds making them split up and get picked off by teammates.
>>
>>344626081

One on one D.va is utter shit and Winston can do everything she can but better.

Stick her in a team with someone that actually really knows how to hit and run and actually harass and shes passable, that same player would do far more damage as a Tracer if they are good enough to make D.Va work.
>>
>>344626081
She is like Winston, except Winston can deal damage while shielding, actually kill low hp heroes, has a larger shield, and is credit to the team
>>
>>344625943
Just for the record, dota is unfun unless you're at least decent at it, which comes at a helluva shit of time.
Also, overwatch kiddies are nowhere even remotely near dotards in terms of toxicity, it's a whole another level, and you can't argue with that.

I was something about 4.3k solo mmr when I quit dota for good, so I had my share of salt
Dota is shit by the way
>>
>>344626081
She's a great second tank, but she needs a buff.

This may not hold up in pro tier competitive, but on payload maps, having a Winston or Reinhardt sticking with the main party, and then having a flanky D.Va hitting Mercy or other nests from the side, I've seen it be pretty effective.

But I agree she's weak, she needs a buff. I feel like if they fixed the hit box, reduce the speed drop when she's shooting, and possibly increase the distance before the gun falloff, that could be a decent fix.
>>
>>344625491
>trying new things
Don't pretend QP is anything but people auto-locking Genjis, Hanzos, Reapers and McCrees.
>>
>>344626081
objectively garbage.
she needs to be able to farm ult about 3x faster.
it should be done with autism since the that's what the character is. so I propose she gets 3% ult for small health packs and 6% ult for big health packs so she does farming routines.
>>
>>344626396
>whole another

Go go gadget autism.
>>
>>344622280
By not playing with random people

Also if you're getting mad at unranked play seek help
>>
>>344625670
>me and 2 buddies

"two of my buddies and I" you dumb millenial piece of human waste.

>le its just a game bro xDD y u mad

The thing is that it'a not only you playing the game. There are other people playing the game who can't enjoy it because you and your faggot friends are being cowardly little cunts on purpose. People like you should be lined up and shot and the world would be a better place.
>>
>>344626578
>misquoting and linking the wrong person
>2016

Well done, Generak Autismo
>>
>>344626515
Grand rebuttal, shitter
Here, try again
>>
File: received_578373545669384.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
received_578373545669384.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1082
I don't know how we won, but we sure as hell all coordinated with mic.
>>
>>344626737
Im on mobile. Eat a dick. The person who i was quoting should be able to tell.
>>
>>344626856
So many flavors and you choose to be salty.

Top kek
>>
>Itt things we hate about overwatch
>enemy junkrat yells "fire in the hole!"
>team doesnt separate
>they stay on the point
>edge if screen is filled with the enemy junkrat's portrait and my team mates portraits

every
single
match
>>
>>344627173
epik meme bro
simbly ebin
>>
>>344622280

all my friends quite playing because giant hitboxes, press Q to win.

There is no skill involved with this game. It is pure casual.
>>
>>344627279

>Playing Lucio
>FIRE IN THE HOLE!!
>Speed boost and scatter!
>Team all runs in the same direction.

Bonus points to the Soldier 76 jumping directly towards me while being stickied by a Tracer.
>>
>Fire up Overwatch
>Play round win
>Play another round win
>quit game

Every game is so similar I never end up playing more than two games
>>
>>344626081

I never got the Dva gremlin meme

She was initially drawn very lewd but now she's drawn as a 1 foot tall goblin with mountain dew... I don't get it...
>>
>>344627279
Immediately after they get wiped, the chat fills with

>wtf [class youre playing, even if its mercy] why didnt you shoot the tire
>>
>lose match
>One person on my team begins to tell the rest of the team that they were shit and asks what we were doing the whole match
>Regardless of what his personal contribution to the game was

Alternatively

>Teams are evenly matched the whole game
>Stuck on last point for most of the round
>Enemy team wins at the last second because somebody pressed Q
>They all still type "GG EZ" "SO EZ LMAO" into chat
>>
A number of factors contribute to the rage. For me its the hitboxes of projectiles and the poor balance.
>>
>>344622280
I only get mad when I get absolutely destroyed by the enemy team before even reaching the first point.
>>
>>344625081
You already have a comp mode to tryhard in, and you want the casual mode to also be tryhard unfun bullshit? Nah, go fuck yourself you cunt
>>
>>344622280

Ofc its possible. I just aim to do better than everyone on my team. Gold medals or bust.

Fuck even tough i got most gold medals with most objective kills/objective time, in my placement matches. I mostly lost them.

At one point kill cams were literally killing my sides, when i watched my lvl 70+ teammates ran in circles not even shooting at the enemies, just panicking.
>>
>>344627935
I mostly get annoyed by team mates who stick to the same character they're doing shit with and refuse to adapt
>>
I'm too shit to get mad.

I feel like the only video games I get angry at are games that I feel I'm actually pretty good at.

Overwatch is a game that I'm admittedly awful at, so I just can't even get mad.
>>
is there any way i can play support while keeping my team alive during skirmishes and still contribute to killing the enemy team? i feel like i'm taking up a slot and not doing much at all.
>>
>>344627837
I have yet to see either of these happen. I've thought the first one to myself, though.
>>
>>344627749

Why dont people just shoot the tire tough? Like 90% of junkrats drive the tire straight at you.
>>
>>344627935
I get upset when I know I'm playing like shit. Usually that results in an abysmal loss. I'm never lucky enough to get carried.
>>
>>344628308

Just play Roadhog. I am not being faceitous or ironic or anything the best thing you can do is just fuck the objective and do one hit kills.

You barely have to aim with the hook and holding down Left Mouse as they get reeled in is more or less a one shot kill.

That and you can heal through pretty much ever Ult. and you can eat Rein charges and just one shot him at the other end because he comes out with shield down and pointblank range.

So yeah just play Roadhog.
>>
>>344628464
One of the reasons I like playing Roadhog. One well placed RMB takes that shit out.
>>
>>344626418
They really need to fix her falloff. I can imagine a squadron of Mekas attacking the omnic monstrosity in her back story by getting like 2 ft away from it and just shooting for piddly damage.
>>
File: 1432653340679.jpg (17 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1432653340679.jpg
17 KB, 399x388
>on attack
>be Reinhart
>tell team to get behind me
>take down two heroes myself
>die to third hero but it was close
>not once did any of my teammates get on the point
>we never got any closer to the point than that moment
>lose without taking the first objective
>>
>>344626081
i think D.va is pretty garbage but its fun unleashing my mecha Hiroshima nuke upon the other team
>>
>>344628698

You know whats more fun? Getting instant On Fire as Mei by just putting a wall in front of it.
>>
>>344628464
>just used fire blast as Reinhardt
>"fire in my hole!"
>guess I'm eating rubber today
I can usually predict the path of it pretty well too, having shut down countless tires.
>>
>>344628629
Her in that cinematic where she's jetting towards the huge omnic is pretty funny.

Shit, D.Va, we all know you're doing jack shit from that far away.
>>
>>344626081
you probably aren't using your thrusters properly. And DVA is probably the best hero on Anubis Attack.
>>
>>344627542
>we're all dead now
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>tfw I have never gotten even a little bit mad from any video game before

Who /calm and collected/ here?
>>
File: 1465671326024.png (126 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1465671326024.png
126 KB, 280x280
>>344624821
>instanly killed again by some bullshit ultimate
This kills the fun.
>>
>>344628626

Fuck lately i started enjoying roadhog, he is just all around usefull. Altough i feel my point blank shots after hooking people are still too random and quite a lot of times they survive and i have to right click once more.
>>
>>344626158
I like you
>>
File: hanzo's bow and arrow.jpg (179 KB, 574x382) Image search: [Google]
hanzo's bow and arrow.jpg
179 KB, 574x382
>Korean girl in a mech who is also a starcraft pro gamer
>A Chinese woman who actually fucking cares about the enviroment(extremely original) and uses freezing weapons.

So far original, but

>It's a Japanese character who is all about MUH HONOR and speaks like how others think samurais speak English.
>Its a Japanese ninja and speaks in riddles and is totally not Grey Fox and uses a katana and ninja stars

Come on Blizzard
>>
>>344628897
You must be a psychopath
>>
>>344627698
She is a pro gamer and shit
>>
I was trying to explain how Hanzo is trash on defense and blamed the Hanzo for losing the defense side
My team united against me and kept spewing buzzwords like toxic or fun
fucking league autists
>>
File: 213234747.jpg (39 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
213234747.jpg
39 KB, 512x326
>>344626158
>>
>>344627542
I don't even bother to tell my team to run anymore, I just sound barrier to counter the rip tyre
>>
>>344622280
im the complete opposite.
for me, this game doesnt take much skill, even for a team based game. so i never really get completely dominated, its fun to watch, fun to play. just dont take the game so seriously and youll play better because you wont rage every death
>>
>>344622280
Not when it's based on competitive gaming and team work.
>>
>>344622775
YOU SUCK
>>
>>344629069
Because Japanese love that kind of character. They love their whole muh bushido characters, in films, in TV, in manga etc.
>>
>>344628897
Emotionless autist more like
>>
>>344629360

I don't rage from death (not OP btw but have the same problem) I rage from my fucking annoying ass team that refuse to be helpful
>>
>>344629580
>getting mad from a childrens video game
>>
>>344629703

You can really not know if someone is actually usefull in this game because of lack of stats mid game.

I had a whole team rage at me for being useless piece of shit and in the end i got 3 gold 1 silver. I even healed more than our support with roadhog/soldier.
>>
>>344629703
I had a 76 on my team who ran around on rooftops firing rockets followed by a burst of rifle fire before hiding and waiting for the rockets again. He kept doing this from so far away that the other team either didn't know where he was or just didn't care because he was so useless.
>>
>>344624910
Theres a difference between coordination and your teammates actively trying to make you lose.
>>
>>344629854
>not being passionate about the thing you love
>>
File: 1384653920755.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1384653920755.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>344624910
> decide to practice some heroes I suck at
> go in to quickplay
> go hanzo
> press P
> disable team voice, team chat, and match chat

jesus fuck I love doing this
>>
>>344622280
never play splatoon
>>
you're playing a super casual game

of course there is going to be cheese
>>
>>344626081
>tfw soloing every single dva in the game with mercys pistol

Lel. It's so easy and they never expect to get shit on by a mercy.
>>
File: fag.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>344630040
>being so emotionally into a video game that you love it passionatelyand have mixed emotions over it like getting angry or sad
>>
>>344629872

I'm talking like a Widow hanzo on attack who refuse to change heroes getting 0 objective time between them and not hitting shit
>>
>>344630316
>Not shitting on everyone with mercy's pistol

Battle Mercy is very strong. People get pissed when I don't heal at all but I wreck shit with my pistol.
>>
File: 1338726011104.jpg (64 KB, 627x474) Image search: [Google]
1338726011104.jpg
64 KB, 627x474
>>344624910
>>344630137

You guys realize though that you're not actually getting good right? Getting good with Hanzo means working around your team, killing their back line so your team can move forward, scatter shotting tanks to death, and so on.

If you're in a match on attack and you're picking the third hanzo, you're just going to have enemies in your face all day, which is a situation Hanzo should NOT be in. Even if you get good at jumping around avoiding shots, you'd still be shit at the skills required to play Hanzo well when he's actually an appropriate pick.

>Short story is: your trolling fucks your team over, relegates you to a shit skill level forever, and ruins everyone's time, including yours, unless you're a 12 year old on summer break that gets chuckles because when you die you can rebuttle with IM ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
>>
>>344630453

Those widow/hanzo on attack with 0 objective time might be the only reason why your team is not getting blown to bitz by pharas or other low hp shitters.
>>
>>344630660
Except we are

hence why we can't get on the point
>>
>>344630660
This. I have literally won several games for my team as Widow by being far off from the objective and killing all of their damage dealers, then 7 seconds later it gets captured.
>>
>>344630660
>>344630696
Forcing the other team to counter widow is an effective way to win if they're worse than you. All you have to do is pick one enemy and your team should be able to easily overwhelm their widow cause she has to back off or die.
>>
>>344630660
>Pick Widow
>Kill their Pharah over and over
>They switch to Winston out of pure asshurt and spend the rest of the game recklessly coming after me and losing the game for their team

This has actually happened twice so far.
>>
>>344630860

You seem to not get it.

Plenty of players aren't good. We can't push on the point because I have 2 deadweights on the team. Its like a bad genji, Genji isn't bad but a bad genji is deadweight.
>>
>>344631030
What don't I get? You don't get it yourself, if they kill one person you can easily move in and cap because their other widow won't be able to do shit when you get in their face.
>>
>>344631142

They aren't killing shit.

When I have gold at 4 elims playing the tank I can tell my damage dealers are dead weight
>>
>>344630951

Yep, happens quite a lot actually. And then you watch with tears in your eyes how reaper and soldier cant deal with the winston that hops into the middle of your team to kill you off.
>>
>>344629984
S76 is borderline broken with how useful he is, I rarely ever die as him due to his full heal aoe and damage output
>>
>>344622280
Consider anger management therapy if a game this light is making you mad, you clearly have deeper issues.
>>
>>344631142
The widow could buy time keeping the point from getting contested till their team arrives, I've seen it done before. Just stay alive.
>>
>>344631297
t. psychopath
>>
>>344625206
This

Also I can't escape 61-64
>>
>>344631030
Woah watch out guys, we got ourselves a tank main here.
>>
>>344622914
use your mic you little bitch. Fucking pc gamers are retarded as fuck. Really that all it takes to turn a game around.
>>
I mostly only get mad at Hanzo. He's way too good at murdering heroes that are supposed to counter him.

t. tracer
>>
>>344631391

Most of the time I actually just tell someone else to go tank because they suck and go damage dealer.

I don't main tank I just pick a role
>>
File: kaplan.jpg (80 KB, 262x339) Image search: [Google]
kaplan.jpg
80 KB, 262x339
>>344622280
Play full premade, that's the only choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA0bgE2P1oA
>>
>>344622280
Same for me, after a match or 2 I get pissed by one of the Q death I took and imediatly leave as I know I'll get mad, no other games do that, even when I play DirtyBomb with a negative ratio because I play a healer I dont get mad and actually have fun.
>>
Play with a couple of friends, if you don't have any just add random people that are decent (pref a tank/healer)

Solo is just frustrating, don't think I've won more than two in a row
>>
File: ohno.png (366 KB, 469x537) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
366 KB, 469x537
>Playing really well as [x] hero
>Think "Oh shit, we're fucking these guys up
>Look around
>Team is entirely dead
>What
>I die
>Point gets capped
>We lose

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO PLAYS HANZO AND WHEN CRITICIZED SAYS "Nah man I'm a GOOD hanzo "
>>
>>344622280
As soon as you start to care about winning you are setting yourself up for a frustrating and disappointing experience.

This is a game that is focused around team work. Your individual performance has very little impact. Even less of an impact than in games like League or Dota.

The trick to games like these is to go in not giving a single fuck. Even in competitive. Pick whatever you want and just have fun. Right now I'm rank 39 and I have fun in every single game I play. I feel down here in the trash can elo is where like minded people play. No one tryhards or plays cancer stacks or anything. Its just good old fashioned fun win or lose.

If you want to take the game seriously, join or put together a team and play with them. You aren't going to get anywhere solo queuing.
>>
>>344622775
YOU CAN DO IT
>>
>>344631714

Because hanzo is really good at making you feel like you are good.

Random shrapnel shots and ez headshots rain fucking confetti on you, with an occasional ryugawagatekiwokurae shitting on points.
>>
>>344622874
Same as me, only I'm a reaper main now.

People always need a good tank killer in comp.
>>
>>344624821
>walk all the way back to the fight
>turn around the corner, not even at the actual fight yet
>rip-tire is next to you and it explodes
>>
>>344622874
I try to make sure I play for the team in comp. I use characters I know for each, I try to use zenyatta to give damage and heal support.
Switch when needed, but stop after 2 matches, this game is like playing with fire.
>>
>>344631590
>that hairline
>>
>start playing placement matches just out of curiosity where I'll end up
>for three games lose first objective and some guy leaves
>the notification atop says that after certain time it'll be free to leave without it impeding your rating
>leave after this time elapses
>look at my placement progression
>I have three lost games
Which fucking moron at Blizz decided to let that happen?
>>
>>344633910
At least they don't force you to stick around and get humiliated for 20 minutes by the enemy team like Riot does.
>>
At least I'm still 54% winrate. Roadhog and D'va destroy everything.
>>
>>344622914
>hanzo at all
Why are all hanzo literally mentally deficient?
>>
File: boltman_display_image.jpg (25 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
boltman_display_image.jpg
25 KB, 350x296
>go Soldier 76
>shoot shit, pop off helix rockets, slap down healing beacons for self+team
I'm helping!
>>
File: 1466928615252.png (1 MB, 800x994) Image search: [Google]
1466928615252.png
1 MB, 800x994
I have the exact opposite happen. I get incredibly pissed off at games like Street Fighter, but i'm completely cool while playing Overwatch.
>>
>>344622280
It's because it was marketed by insulting Battleborn.

Now the retards (which are playing Overwatch, thanks to the aggressive marketing) are thinking insulting other is the right thing.
>>
>>344623283
IMO, Hanzo needs to be in the 150 health club

Also Pharah should be at least 250. All that armour yet she's made of paper
>>
I already expect to lose each time I play. Due to the forced 50% crap of shit teammates.
>>
> someone beats me to Symmetra
> fuck it, I'll go something else then
> they swap Symmetra to Hanzo on the last second
> only goes back to Symmetra after they reach final point and we don't need the teleporters anymore

Why would you do this?
>>
File: 1231179962239.jpg (49 KB, 340x444) Image search: [Google]
1231179962239.jpg
49 KB, 340x444
>>344637729
>placement match
>Volskaya defend
>usually play Symmetra there
>ally has already picked her
>pick Zarya instead
>Symmetra doesn't shield anyone
>she put three turrets on the capture point and stands in the little house by the health point
>five of us defend the gates successfully for a long time
>enemies finally manage to kill off two of us
>respawn
>there's no teleporter
>>
>>344622280
>memewatch
How long will you shill this shit?
>>
>>344637594
Hanzo could have 50 hp and still be broken. Need to remove head-seeking arrow and do less damage at close range.
>>
>>344640191
Speaking of low life why is Zenyatta the lowest? He's a freaking robot.
>>
File: 1461876361458.gif (1020 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1461876361458.gif
1020 KB, 500x373
>>344640046
>some one picks widow
>can't land a hit
>overtime
>team running to point
>widow continues to watch as the point is taken
>>
>>344631869
LOL!

That's actually the one that made me quit. Dude said it right as my ult got interrupted and I was murdered by fucking Mei.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.