[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
undertale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: undertale1.png (357 KB, 810x608) Image search: [Google]
undertale1.png
357 KB, 810x608
Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on this game?
>>
>what is the consensus on this game?
it's not cory in the house.
>>
File: E.T..jpg (38 KB, 435x599) Image search: [Google]
E.T..jpg
38 KB, 435x599
>>344611468
now that the dust has settled what is the consensus on this game?
>>
It's decent. You got more than what it was marketed at. Fanbase is cancer but that has no impact on how good or bad the game is.

However I don't understand why all these teens who didn't grew up playing either SNES or SNES emulators because they were poor are enjoying it since it's just pandering to oldfags.
>>
File: scary maze game.jpg (18 KB, 696x545) Image search: [Google]
scary maze game.jpg
18 KB, 696x545
now that the dust has settled what is the consensus on this game?
>>
The consensus is that you're a faggot. Don't make this thread anymore.
>>
novel but not all that fun
>>
>>344611468
I didnt get all the references and I still thought it was a great game. It was my GotY 2015. But then again I think games are art.
>>
fun time and i really liked it
i just wish there were more fights, the boss battles were fun but few
also wish they were longer because the undyne one ended as soon as it got hard.
>>
File: 1467936442628.png (1 MB, 1182x956) Image search: [Google]
1467936442628.png
1 MB, 1182x956
>>
literally the best game ever made worthy of the pope
>>
>>344611468
I'd gift it to the pope.
>>
File: 543634636.gif (787 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
543634636.gif
787 KB, 480x360
>>344611760

Bravo anon, that will sure show them.
>>
>>344612006
did you reply to the wrong person?
>>
I got the game over the summer sale, and I liked it. I avoided it for awhile because of all the annoying fanfare it got, but aside from that it's a nice experience. Fun characters, fun story, alright game, worth the money I spent.
>>
File: 1459615443969.png (1 MB, 1408x1788) Image search: [Google]
1459615443969.png
1 MB, 1408x1788
fun and cute game but incredibly short
one of the most cancerous communities if not the most
>>
how many times does the dust have to settle?
Oh yea, the same as the number of times you kick it up with another bait thread.
>>
>>344611468
It was a alright game but as many have already stated it's fanbase is fnaf or sonic tier shit
>>
>>344611468
Enjoyable while it lasted.
A pity that it basically became the MLP of vidya
>>
>>344613446
I want to FUCK Undyne
>>
Fanbase is horrible and they ruin the game for a lot of people due to imposing untrue expectations (that always turn out to be false, because they aren't true), like "THIS GAME IS JUST LIKE MOTHER 3/EARTHBOUND!!!" or "THIS GAME WILL MAKE YOU CRY!!!"

the best way to play this game is totally unspoiler-d but the average fan of undertale spoils every jokes and a lot of the most charming parts of the game
>>
>>344611468
It's not the greatest game ever but it's still good and possibly the best indie title inspired by Mother since Yume Nikki.

Soundtrack and writing are killer, but Toby should have hired an artist besides Tuyoki to redo all of the environmental art.
>>
>>344611468
>consensus
Meme. /v/ is never going to universally agree on something
>>
its just ok
>>
>>344611468
boring as fuck, couldn't even finish it
>>
>>344611468
i just finished the genocide route
shame its so boring outside the two bosses
>>
It's overrated, but it's not shit.
Game definitely looks like shit though. Has none of the charm of 16-bit era RPGs.

Soundtracks pretty memorable. It's kind of weird that the game is so heavily inspired by Earthbound, but the music goes from using samples that sound just like it to chiptune. It's not consistent.
>>
>>344612615
no
>>
It was good but the biggest problem for me was that it wasn't enough of an actual game.

Sure, the puzzles and the characters and the story and all the goofy shit and the things that made it stand out from other games like the potential for killing Toriel on accident, etc...those things did make the game fun.

However, the actual game had little substance or challenge except for 2 particular boss fights...in a route where the game punishes you for going down that route by making it EXTREMELY tedious to keep going, which I thought was fucking stupid regardless of the "point" it was trying to make.

So it was enjoyable and worth playing, but it wasn't amazing or even very good either.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.