[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to play other healers but none are as good as Lucio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: Lucio_portrait.png (375 KB, 427x710) Image search: [Google]
Lucio_portrait.png
375 KB, 427x710
>want to play other healers but none are as good as Lucio
>tfw playing Mercy or Zenyatta and your teammates are bitching for you to switch to Lucio

He's completely better than all the other healers in almost every way, who the fuck okayed this? Will he ever get nerfed?
>>
>Getting abused for playing mercy

keep dreaming. you must be terrible if thats the case
>>
File: zen.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zen.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>344602751
Zenyatta's fucking amazing as a secondary healer but people keep switching off Mercy Or Lucio everytime I choose him, makes no sense.
>>
>>344602984
she sucks for offense because the res is the only reason you use her
>>
>>344603167
because 2 healers never works well when the rest of the team is equal or worse to the other team
>>
>>344603292
Discord orb anon, everygame I've been in with a zenyatta+healer combo usually ends well.
>>
>>344603167
Because most people are dumb enough to think "Oh cool we have a Zenyatta, that means I dont have to play Lucio anymore
>>
>>344603237
mercys great for offence

best single target heal on a good tank can get in anywhere
>>
>>344603167
>Pick Symmetra or Zenyatta
>"WOOOWWW WHY DONT YOU CHOOSE A REAL HEALER?"

The class is called support you fucks
>>
>>344603292
Are you stupid? Zenyatta + Lucio combo is a fucking nightmare to go against.
>>
>>344603526
lucio offers so much more you'd be much better off choosing him there
>>
>>344602984
>implying that Mercy takes any skill whatsoever
>>
>>344603649
as i said.. if the rest of your team is worse than the other you will struggle. 2 healers/support only works when you have a good damage players to make up for it
>>
>>344603803
Uh, no shit Sherlock, we're talking about healers here.
>>
>>344603803
If you have a bad team it doesn't matter what you choose you Chucklefuck, Zenyatta has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>344602751
Lucio is maxmimum shitter toxic anti-competitive character.

Mercy is generic safe pick support.

Zenyatta is clutch.

Symmetra is for pubstomping only.
>>
>>344603773
theres a big difference between a good and bad mercy

lucio is the face roll class. mercy is a close second
>>
>>344604051
yes but if you have a bad team it might be better to play offence to pick up the slack
>>
>>344602984
Mercy doesnt have an AOE heal and cant heal the whole team at once, or give them a speed boost.
>>
>>344604064
>Lucio is maxmimum shitter toxic anti-competitive character.
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>344604364
It means that the person that posted that doesn't like lucio.
>>
>>344602751

Lucio and Mercy are so 50/50 people like running both in team comps even though its unnecessary half the time.
>>
>>344602751
Lucio's better if your teammates can resist the urge to run into the open and die immediately.

Mercy's usually better with pubs because she can keep someone alive through bullshit better
>>
>>344603292
>>344603803
Double healer works amazingly and is pretty much mandatory at higher MMR. It just normally takes the form of double Lucio or Lucio+Mercy. No character is exclusively healing: Lucio can also buff speed to make your team more mobile while Mercy can buff damage. Having two Lucios lets you do both healing and mobility while having Lucio+Mercy lets your team switch between group healing and spot healing (or both, or neither) depending on what's needed at that particular moment.

Lucio+Zen or Mercy+Zen should work since Zen can debuff and has the best DPS of the support characters, he's just too fragile to pull it off. But double healer in general does work well.
>>
File: meme.webm (505 KB, 750x987) Image search: [Google]
meme.webm
505 KB, 750x987
lucio lacks good healing
>>
>>344602751
Personally I think Lucio is a better Zenyatta. Theoretically Zenyatta CAN win fights, but this generally assumes you have the discord orb on someone and they're not firing at you. Zenyatta is just too damn fragile. At least Lucio can survive longer and fight just as well while still healing like Zenyatta.

Personally I feel like Zenyatta exists to babysit Reinhardt, doesn't have much use out of that.
>>
Mercy is a very effecient support, but like most games with Roles: no one wants to play support because they're boring.

Lucio's easy. You don't even even have to actively heal. Just stand around and pretend your attacks are actually doing anything.

Zenyatta is not a support. He's an attacker with a heals and a debuff. But he can't fit neither roles.

Symetra is a Defebse hero.
>>
>>344606070
i guarantee no one here is at some esports level.

casuals shouldnt consider 2 supports unless they want to lose or have someone who can carry them
>>
>Pharah is a high reward low risk hero that requires the enemy to be much, much better than her to kill her
>Junkrat/Pharah can free apply knockaround pressure from safety
>Junkrat is good at all ranges and can easily block off an entire area due to high rate of fire
>Roadhog is textbook case of inconsistency, do the same thing multiple times get a different result each time
>Zarya has no counter
>Double Zarya is outright broken due to low cool down and massive range on shields
>Tracer's only hardcounter got gutter to the point he's one of the least played heroes now, letting her freely dominate matches
>Literal coin toss in "competitive" mode
>Game will never be good because the community is downright retarded (Defends Pharah/Zarya and complains about hero stacking and Mei, lol)

It's blizzard's first FPS and boy does it show, maybe I'll come back and play in half a year so I can re-discover how broken it. Even cash grab mobile games are better designed than this.
>>
File: 1468186908825.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1468186908825.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
>KOTH map
>Everybody instalocks a hero
>no suppport at all
>mfw I have to do Lucio duty again
>>
>>344606454
Doesn't Zarya have like, 8-11 second cool downs? That's pretty long for Overwatch.
>>
>>344606570
Fuck that, if I've already played support/tank my last few games I'm going to pick DPS.
>>
>>344602984
This. Unless you're playing with the biggest tryhards or you are utter garbo at her this does not happen.
>>
>>344606570
>Two edgelords have picked Reaper
>I pick Reaper too while shouting ALL REAPER in match chat
>Refuse to change out of Reaper, even if the original two do because it's ALL REAPER time now
>I'm fucking terrible with Reaper
>>
>>344606570
I feel like if I don't go support every game, we will end up with a shitty support.
>>
>>344606598
8 second cool down, now if you got two zarya you're cutting that in half.
>>
>>344606570
that happens on any map

always have like 3 hanzos
>>
>>344606838
Well... why not go all Zarya? Keep shielding each other AND yourself. Lasers will tear through shields. Maybe one support for healing.
>>
>>344606570
But lucio is fun to play
you're less a support there and more the most annoying motherfucker imaginable that also does burst healing

Lucio is so fucking sticky it's ridiculous
>>
>>344606832
This is my life

I mean I enjoy support so it's not a big deal but either no one else goes support or we have a real shitty one that I kick off to go lucio or mercy duty

I've got probably 3x the time as support as I do anything else
>>
>>344606832

God, fucking this.
>>
>>344606804
I do this shit out of spite too fuck "mains"
>>
>>344602751
He will get fucked up against a 76, a GOOD roadhog, a mei, and even with speed Reinharts range can fuck him up. He'll die from 2 direct rockets and is rather weak. Plus his self heal is rather slow.
>>
Meanwhile in reality Mercy is more necessary than Lucio at the highest level of gameplay for primarily 1 reason: Revive. The best team right now has will sometimes sacrifice their Lucio for another DPS, but they always keep Mercy. If you're pugging with Mercy, duh she's not working as well. She needs coordination and protection.

>>344603773
>implying you play the game at all if you actually think that
Lucio takes less skill than Mercy
>>
>>344606101
That statement is false. He actually has higher H/PS than Mercy, who can only heal one target.
And has to turn her healing off to use her assy damage boost.
>>
>>344607272
>mei

He will not die to mei m2 and speedboost guarantee his survival, just like they do against winston
>>
lucio is fucking garbage if the enemy knows how to focus fire

whoops your whole fucking team died, better run around and jack off with speed aura active
>>
>>344607386
>assy damage boost
You don't play with good DPS, or you have no awareness of who to tunnel. Pharah or Soldier doing 30% more damage is amazing, and they can actually protect Mercy. She has higher H/PS per target, and she can swap targets quickly. Lucio cannot save an individual target from death unless he uses amp it up, while Mercy can tunnel someone and keep them alive much longer than they normally would live.
>>
>>344606832
Learn to go full commando with S76 or full asshole with Roadhog. Just say goodbye to having any objective time while you're dealing with the enemy team away from the objective so your team doesn't need to.

>golds in everything but objective time
>3-5 on the payload the entire game because half or more of the enemy team was dealing with me the entire time
>"shit soldier stay on the payload noob"
>>
Zenyatta is not a main healer role. You usually need another healer or other characters with heals/self heals (76, Bastion, Mei, etc) in order to balance it out.

Can't wait till he gets buffed. He's my favorite.
>>
There is a certain level of satisfaction to wall grinding round that circular bridge map, as the enemy team desperately tries to find you, all while you then slam dunk down and buff your team.

It's these times that make all the shitty matchmaking, 4 hanzo's/widowmakers, reinhardt's who think they are reaper, 5 torbjorn hell so much better
>>
>>344607375
>Lucio takes less skill than Mercy
No shit faggot, that's why people want a Lucio on their team.
>>
I think I'd like to have a healer that's more about denial than actual healing. Instead of reviving people from death, they nullify it if the target is killed while they have your buff on them. Rather than healing any health, they radiantly give armor to anyone near them that slowly regenerates. Make them a midrange tank with a DVa-like shield that's slightly worse than Rein's shield, but crummy health but high armor.

Something of that nature. I think part of what makes Lucio so great is that the game has a lot of one-hit kills on all the heroes that only have ~200 hp, and especially in randoms people will explode before you can even think about trying to reach and heal them.
>>
>>344606832
It feels like every time I don't play support, it's a Lucio who just stands around in heal mode, or a Mercy who does nothing but heal Reinhart.
>>
Out of all the supports, Zenyatta seriously needs to be buffed.
Symmetra has a distinct role as an engineer class, but Zenyatta is kinda out in the cold.
>Can only heal one target, and not very well at that, so not really a medic
>can only debuff one target at a time, while they are in view, so not really a good debuffing class.
>Has a great weapon with a pointless alt fire
>shit tier health
>no movement options whatsoever.

What is Zenyatta's point? What the hell is his role? He cant just be secondary support, because that would be totally pointless as a character.

If they want Zenyatta to be used they need to at least give him some movement options and put his floatyness to good use. I could see him being a ranged combat medic, if he could actually move around. Alternatively give him more health, and let him fulfill the same role.
Right now, i cant honestly figure out Zenyatta's purpose.
>>
>>344603237
>she sucks for offense
Not that a Mercy should be ever focusing on doing damage herself before keeping the team healed up but her pistol is a lot deadlier than people give it credit for.
>>
File: 1466076197145.jpg (9 KB, 189x155) Image search: [Google]
1466076197145.jpg
9 KB, 189x155
>>344612969
In the open beta, his goal was a dedicated anti-flank. If you got Discord Orbed, it wouldn't fade away until you died. This meant that Zenyatta

>could hard counter Roadhog, who lacks a hard counter now
>could immediately tell where Reaper/Tracer/Genji was at all times due to the red icon
>could permanently buff his own team's flankers, due to Harmony having identical mechanics

Zenyatta was nerfed into oblivion, and Blizzard haven't given him anything to compensate his ridiculously low health/mobility.
>>
File: 1397776716172.png (248 KB, 418x417) Image search: [Google]
1397776716172.png
248 KB, 418x417
>>344602751
>join game
>team mate already has genji selected
>names is something about dead pool
i swear to go i'm cursed to have awful teams for ever.
>>
>>344612969

Right now, his purpose is to be a healing, debuffing support that does good plink damage at range and charges an ult for pushes. We've seen what happens when you buff his survivability. He becomes overpowered.

Symmetra does have a distinct roll. Unfortunately that roll is, "do we need a teleporter?"
>>
File: 1465302326034.webm (636 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465302326034.webm
636 KB, 1920x1080
>>344613242
I wonder why
>>
File: lucio.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lucio.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
haha op is a baby
>>
File: 1466553059587.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1466553059587.gif
2 MB, 244x194
have to play reinhardt every game or my team never has a tank, i swear to go i join a game and someone has already insta picked genji, soldier, pharah, junkrat, or reaper.
>>
Mercy is so much better than Lucio at keeping the tank alive.
Lucio is better at keeping a group alive.
>>
>>344613996

Are you retarded?
>>
>tfw havent payed in 3 weeks
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>Mercy on KOTH maps

It's not meant to be, is it?
>>
>>344615338
>implying Mercy doesn't make games into grindfests worthy of the centennial of the Somme

Had a game that lasted 3 minutes of pure overtime based on mercy's dropping an ult every 30-45 seconds and rezing whole fucking teams.
>>
>Reinhart is the only gamechanging useful tank in the game

I really hope the next new hero released is a USEFUL one that isnt like watching paint dry to play. Reinhart is fucking BORING
>>
>>344603292
It's always the all lowercase faggots being the stupid ones.
>>
>>344616598
Thats what I keep thinking as well. Yet there are moments when you start dealing decent amounts of damage.
Being offensive with Rein is always surprisingly fun.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.