[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished playing this and honestly, it wasn't nearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Dxinvwar.jpg (33 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dxinvwar.jpg
33 KB, 250x358
Just finished playing this and honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as /v/ makes it out to be.

It was actually a pretty decent game. Granted, it is a terrible sequel to the original and even HR far surpasses it, but for what it was I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Overall, a solid 7/10. Discuss.
>>
It's more that it was such a step down from the original than the actual quality that people remember.

If it were just Invisible War and not attached to the Deus Ex name, it might have said "Game of the Year" instead of "sequel to the game of the year".
>>
>>344595014
Yeah, the consolization really shows. But I went in with very low expectations, so I was highly unlikely to be disspointed.

And hey, even the worst Deus ex is better than 95% of the shit produced today.
>>
>>344594641
There's not much more to say about it than what you said. We could discuss all the ways in which it faltered as a Deus Ex game, and as a game in general, as there are many. We could also discuss how it stands out as a pretty unique experience, despite being the weakest in the series. But in total, it was a fairly solid game that doesn't deserve to be treated as harshly as it has been.
>>
>>344595197

Absolutely, you aren't wrong, but you have to take into account that IW was riding 3 years of hype on the first game, and the fact that they put Xbox first really crimped the rest of development. A person playing IW for the first time now probably wouldn't have expectations as high as they were in 2003.

The only other annoyance I had with IW besides the obvious consolitis was how much they had to stretch the plot to make every ending of the original canon, and I felt like the story/setting suffered for it.
>>
>>344595537

>despite being the weakest in the series

The Fall exists solely to take that position, even IW at its worst was nowhere near as bad as the Fall.
>>
>>344595990
What makes it so bad aside from the terrible PC port?
>>
>>344595537
>pretty unique experience
I really liked the atmosphere. The music and the graphics really helped with this.
>>
Is there a mod like Thief Deadly Shadow's one where it connects all levels for each hub so there aren't loadings anymore?
>>
>>344596173

The fact that it's even more shallow than IW, the controls are shit even on mobile, the combat is complete shit and you'll probably end up doing it often because the controls make stealth next to impossible, and it's glitchy as fuck.

Somehow they got $10 a pop on the app store for it.
>>
Invisible War was fucking great and way better than Human Revolution. It's a shame that we have some revisionists in this thread trying to force and turn IW into a "le bad game meme".
>>
>>344595990
I still have not played the Fall, but my understanding is that HR's DLC is all bad news. I can say that while IW certainly falls short in a lot of places, I remember having just so much fun with the game almost the whole way through except for the loading screens
>>
tried it on PC after finishing DE for the first time and couldn't get past the first level, felt more dated than DE and the whole interface in general is absolute garbage, i just read about the bits of the plot i gave a shit about on the wiki
>>
>>344596529

>It's a shame that we have some revisionists in this thread trying to force and turn IW into a "le bad game meme".

1. Your underage is showing
2. Most of the people here are saying it was a decent game

3/10, you might receive additional replies
>>
Warren Spector literally apologized for making this at e3
>>
>>344594641
>it wasn't nearly as bad as /v/ makes it out to be.

99% of /v/ has never played it and only parrots that it is bad just to try and fit in.
>>
>>344596757
The beginning is pretty slow. Play it a bit more and you'll probably get to like it

Kill me, Pete
>>
>>344597269
it was more how shitty the port was than the actual game itself, took me ages to get it to run in the correct resolution and when it did it was crashing constantly
>>
>>344597427
Pirate the GOG version. Works perfectly on win7
>>
>>344595583
But every ending wasn't canon, JC merging with Helios is the canon ending.
I found Human Revolution disappointing, but I suspect its positive reception comes from the fact that it was expected to be bad. So then when it ended up being mediocre, it was like god's gift to video gaming.
>>
File: 3.png (237 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
3.png
237 KB, 557x605
>>344597606
I'll do that if I decide to try it again, thanks anon
>>
>>344597676
>But every ending wasn't canon
The collapse happens because helios goes full reatard and the illuminati regain power. All 3 ending happen at the same time.
>>
>>344597874
Yes, JC merges with Helios, then that creates effects that look like the other endings could have happened. It's a red herring. But for example JC deciding to blow up Area 51 would not have also resulted him merging with Helios, yet the merge clearly did happen.
>>
It was OK; I felt like it had tons of potential with the main story and setting. It went pretty whack when they started introducing Ayy Lmao's and crazy regressive Templars into the story. It heard it has a cult following now
>>
>>344594641
I liked it more than the original. Combat felt less clunky,especially melee, the physics were fun, lighting engine was amazing.
That and getting into a giant brawl in the bar with NG Resonance playing was great.
>>
IW ambient feels so sterile and it bothers me
>>
I agree OP, it's pretty decent but the story as a sequel to Deus Ex is bizarre. If it had been an original game it'd have been better received. Wish the PC port was better/didn't need to restart the .exe every time you changed levels but oh well.
>>
>>344596319
with SSDs are the loading screens still an issue?
>>
>>344597606
>>344599146
I'd be over the moon if they fixed loading screens switching back and forth between the game and desktop in DX:IW and T:DS.
>>
So, How is mankind devided building up to be?

Is it a day one purchase?
>>
>>344594641
It's a flight but seriously underrated game. Only major issue was how small the levels were. They just felt painfully cramped.

Hell universal ammo didn't even suck too badly. My only issue from the game design point of view how easy it made completely running out of bullet
>>
>>344601312
It hasn't really built up to anything, they've shown to little of it. Actually kind of worrying.
>>
>>344594641
Hating this game is just a meme used by people who have never actually played it (or DS1 for that matter)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.