[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aegis reflect sim's CA back at him and combos into his own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: urien_sfv_vp8_comp.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
urien_sfv_vp8_comp.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>344590080
urien confirmed god-tier
>>
Good.
>>
urien is more sexy with his suit than naked
>>
>>344590080
>implying urien isnt going to be massively nerfed by the time he comes out
>>
Is this finally the rebirth of the charge character?
>>
Aegis can reflect Rashid's V-trigger
>>
>>344590080
Nice.
>>
>>344591070
the game already has a lot of charge characters
>>
I've never seen a sim use his CA
>>
>>344591070
4/6 DLC characters are charge.
>>
>>344591175
B-but Gootecks
>>
>>344590080
>this very specific situation can do an insane combo

>WOW NERF

like people said with Balrog too

this will never fucking happen
>>
You say this like anyone is going to be stupid enough to just throw out a half screen, unsafe dhalsim CA into an aegis reflector.

Training mode combos don't mean shit.
>>
>>344591450
The ironing!
>>
>>344591395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfQ821DRHvU
don't count on it
>>
>>344590080
Didn't the Aegis Reflector breaks after taking a super projectile or I'm remembering this wrong?
i'll go fiddle around in third strike's training mode to see how it works, i guess Oro's Yagyou Dama should be kinda of equivalent to a Yoga Catastrophe
>>
>>344590080
>things that will never, ever happen in an actual match.
>>
yo snake eyez switches to ryu but that still didnt fix his main issue which is choking when it matters the most. should suck it up and own up that hes the zangeifman because i dont see this roo going anywhere. Actually why doesnt he just play mika already
>>
>>344591880
Because he's actually bad at fighting games.
>>
>>344591726
You can hit confirm into this combo anon.

Dhalsim doing the super to get reflected requires the reflector to be out ahead of time.
Dhalsim can also combo into his super and due to it's arc the only time you're really going to see the super done on it's own somehow would be after a hard knockdown
>>
>>344591814
my bad Aegis reflector always worked that way.
>>
>>344591273
and the other two are free?
>>
>>344593031
0/10
>>
>>344591273
glad i didnt get season pass... cant play charge characters to save my life. if a character even has just one charge move i like it a lot less
>>
>>344593726
As long as you never think you have any ability when it comes to fighting games.
>>
>>344591070
why do people like charge characters? chun li was a charge character in umvc3 and that basically made her unplayable, i guess its better in a more turtling game like street fighter?
>>
>>344594213
Charge wil not work in a game like Marvel. Charge requires a slow play style which will never work in a fast game like Marvel. Especially with people flying all over the place and crossing over it is damn near impossible to ever get an keep a charge.
>>
>>344591395
Sure that thing was useless but he may still get a nerf.

>ex headbutt is the only invulnerable option in the game that can be comboed off
>vskill gives him armor on top of that great reversal
>back roundhouse is a godlike antiair that beats crossups
>standing roundhous is safe on block and can be linked into dash-elbow on counterhit which leads to Necalli-tier damage
>huge damage in general
>huge potential for tricky mixups and 50-50s leading to 30-40% combos
>the only 4f non-throw CA in the game that punishes many normals and completely obliterates many setups
>charged roundhouse is an overhead and, like, +5 on block

He does lack a crossup and a 3f normal but this shit would be way past overkill.
>>
In other news, he's clearly unfinished.
>>
>>344594213
Charge characters are good for players who like to play defensive and wait for their counterattacks, as a personal opinion i find them rewarding.
>>
>>344594213
>>344594478
Charge is just an execution barrier, is has nothing to do with how well the character can be used. Sometimes, in order to design a character properly, a charge character is the better way to go. If the character's command list is too easy, it can draw several problems, and if it's too hard, it can make the character boring to use. In order to relieve that problem, a charge character can make otherwise simple attacks seem more open ended and liberal.

It can also tell the player how to play a certain character. Using Ryu's QCF for fireball tells players that they should hadou often, since it's so easy to do, evinced by the ton of spacing and chip damage done by Ryu professionals. While Guile's Sonic boom tells players a lot more about his attack diversity and general style of play, it maintains the gravity and feeling of what is essential in learning a character.
>>
>>344594478
>what is shuma gorath
>>
>>344594681
Combofiend already said that he and Juri were only previews.
>>
>>344590614
Because he can do this shit against a sim?

For this to work the other person needs to actually play as sim.
>>
>>344590080
>training mode combos that will never happen
OH BOY.
>>
File: Bison Charge in Time.webm (3 MB, 740x540) Image search: [Google]
Bison Charge in Time.webm
3 MB, 740x540
>>344594478
>Charge requires a slow play style
This is simply untrue. The majority of charge characters across most fighting games end up being among the most aggressive characters in their respective casts.

To make up for the need to charge, most charge characters have more powerful normals, very typically long-reaching safe attacks and/or moves that push them forward, and they usually have one or several hit confirm combos that last long enough for them to prepare the charge if they started the combo at a neutral stance.

This webm as an example. Bison can charge the 40 frames needed after just a two hit combo, holding back at the same time he presses medium punch and canceling out of the recovery of the crouching punch into a Knee Press.

One of the few signature charge characters that has been fairly defensive is Guile in older Street Fighter games. Despite that, his few additions in V (and SFV's charge time being an almost universal 2/3 of a second (or 5/6 of a second for a few moves) versus the old standard of one full second) makes him a highly aggressive dash-in Sonic Boom chucking combo monster.
>>
File: nice-post.jpg (75 KB, 497x406) Image search: [Google]
nice-post.jpg
75 KB, 497x406
>>344595704
This is pretty much the short and long of it, charge characters have no inherent defensive capability, only in that they hold back more. In actuality, charge characters are some of the most offensive characters in Street Fighter, offense in this case meaning, creating an opening, rather than waiting for one to appear. Guile for example makes all of his openings, he pressures hard, and punishes harder, giving him the tools needed to take a lot of matches.
>>
having Urien and Balrog stay chargers makes me miss charger Vega so much.
>>
>>344594681
>ex headbutt is the only invulnerable option in the game that can be comboed off
I'm pretty sure its not invincible and just goes over lows. Urien currently has no wake up reversal options. Head butt is only an option if he is armored on knock down. Even if EX is invincible on typical frames 1-4, the fact that he can armor it doesn't even matter because it's invincible anyway (which I don't think it is) so complaining about it is dumb.
>back roundhouse is a godlike antiair that beats crossups
The hop kick that used to be back mk in SF3? I think you are talking about his axe kick which is neutral HK. Not back.
>huge damage in general
He has good damage Not huge. There are other characters who get better damage and don't require a v-trigger to get.
>huge potential for tricky mixups and 50-50s leading to 30-40% combos
Welcome to the world of Aegis forced 50-50s. This isn't new. It's what the character always was. But he lacks any cross ups and really has no mix-ups outside of v-trigger. He's pretty balanced right now, honestly. Yea he can get 50% with CA. But so can literally everybody. Urien's game is going to be very much as it was in 3S. Play safe in neutral, hope they do dumb shit to kill themselves, and wait for meter for Aegis. Only difference is in 3S you got meter for winning and being offensive then used it for a win in round 2. In SFV, you get Aegis for getting your ass beat. It's very different and not as good as it was in 3S for the simple fact is it is no longer a snowball effect.
>the only 4f non-throw CA in the game that punishes many normals and completely obliterates many setups
Except that's a load of shit. They all have invincibility on start up and can punish normals at close range. Random/wake up supers are still a thing.
>charged roundhouse is an overhead and, like, +5 on block
I very much doubt that. At best it's probably +1 or 2. Which is totally fine for a normal you have to charge and can get fucked for.
>>
File: vega.webm (532 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
vega.webm
532 KB, 480x320
>>344596094
I don't use Vega a whole lot, but I can see the appeal in playing him!
>>
>>344596673
being able to hit from the ground up with a barcelona special was the most fun improvement Vega got out of SF4, it made worth having to deal with all the issues with SF4 for me.
>>
>>344596673
As much as I hated SF4, I do miss it a little for the hype matches it brought at high level. The focus system was fucking shit to play but hype as fuck to watch at high level tournament play.
>>
>>344596592

In SFV, you get Aegis for getting your ass beat. It's very different and not as good as it was in 3S for the simple fact is it is no longer a snowball effect.

His V skill is armor, so technically, being offensive would actually benefit him more in that case wouldn't it?
>>
>>344599125

Site the ">"
>>
when's lobby
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.