[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth $30 ? it's the cheapest I've found it for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
Is this worth $30 ? it's the cheapest I've found it for.
>>
Nah, multiplayer is a garbage grindfest and the singleplayer is ok at best, boring shit at worst, pirate it.
>>
>>344587931
>and the singleplayer is ok at best, boring shit at worst
that's why you mod it
>>
Everyone on this board will say its shit, but I enjoy it. They constantly add new content online at least once a month, more sometimes. Check out all of the content update videos on their youtube channel to see if it tickles you fancy.
>>
>>344589209
This place just hates games in general. Everytime the new doom gets mentioned a shit storm happens despite it being a good game.
>>
>>344587931
Singleplay campaign grinding - destroying parts - and some elements of it can be fun - mainly because of the new engine, updated everything.

BUUT the story itself is pretty week and not memorable - really could just skip it.

But if you have free time just test it. It's going to kill some time.
>>
its pretty fun
>>
>>344587931
single player is okay
MP is only fun for races
>>
File: 1461557593386.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1461557593386.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>344587931
It's nothing more than a game for normies. A """vast""" open world where you literally can't explore or enter a single fucking building. The game looks great, some of the story dialogue and characters are funny, but it's really a pile of shit game that's completely overrated but again perfect for normies because they can just jump on and be a nigger.
>>
>>344590548
is the rockstar social club version okay now ? the only cheap keys are the non steam ones. I read that people had a horrible experience but that was during launch dunno about now
>>
>>344590637
I guess i'm a normie because i enjoyed the fuck outta it on ps3 when it first came out.
>>
>>344590637
your opinion is very aprecciated, frogposter but you might want to throw more buzzwords :^)
>>
>>344590812
It's a good game but not as good as it could have been with a better story.
>>
>>344591086
Also better/more realistic car accident mechanics.
>>
>>344587931
Yes
>>
File: 1465252074725.jpg (621 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1465252074725.jpg
621 KB, 1024x768
>>344587931
>Play this game
>Commit a crime
>Intense music starts playing, it's night time, legit feel like the driver
>Things are starting to become very intense, feel a rush of excitement, and see the possibilities
>Complete anti-climax, cops didnt see me for 20-30 seconds or whatever and said "welp guess we got no choice to let this psycho murderer go :^)"

So this is what happens when gaming gets filled with casual ADD ridden americans as customers
>/r/equesting a super realistic crime vs police video game, with real tactic placement of cops instead of random fuckers popping up and magic helicopter that arrives from a portal within 10 seconds of a crime
>>
>>344591585
go play skyrim or something
>>
>>344588706
>Try to play online
>Constant job notifications
>Constantly forced into stupid fucking CEO events
>Forced to see unlock notifications every time you start the game
>Annoying mission calls every time you start the game
>Load screen for literally fucking everything
>Only way to earn cash/level is to do missions/jobs
>Booted from missions for being low level
>Everything is gated behind "Reach this level to unlock X"
>No one has a mic
>Did I mention load screens for fucking everything

Fuck this game online, why couldn't they have added all the stuff to single player.
>>
What a coincidence. I just finished this game after getting it in the sale.

My thoughts were that it was alright. Not great, but not bad either. The gameplay is standard fare, and the powers don't really feel like they add to the characters' personalities. Missions weren't really that great, and the game doesn't really add depth as time goes on beyond getting more weapons. The story is all over the place, but at least ends well. The driving fucking SUCKS though. Minigames were neat and a good change of pace. Overall took my about 34 hours to beat, but some of that was just fucking around and exploring because I'm from SoCal and it made me homesick.

I haven't touched the online yet, but so far, I give is a B- I liked Sleeping Dogs better
>>
>>344591862
>samefagging

why do you kids do this?

GTAO is more like
>want to play online
>play online
>nothing to do apart from drive around or race/DM
>do a mission for some cash
>not even enough cash to fill ammo
>repeat mission for 36 hours
>enough cash to buy 1 car and no upgrades

You dont need to lie about why the game is shit. Saying youre forced is a fucking lie and the loading is because your PC/console is complete shit. As for being booted maybe thats because your shit as I have never been booted since the game came out
>>
>>344592079
See
>>344591862
for online experience
>>
>>344592262
stop samefagging faggot. You do know there is a IP counter right
>>
File: bK6AbBY.png (120 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
bK6AbBY.png
120 KB, 500x450
>>344592340
Why are you so mad over an anonymous image board? Perhaps you should log off 4chan and go outside for a bit :^)
>>
>>344592593
because youre an underaged fuckwit. Your completely wrong but your entitled nature instilled in you by your incompetent nigger loving parents make you think your opinion is actually factual information.

Nice memes though
>>
File: 70f5026c12a84be6a4171804d245ac89.jpg (302 KB, 1152x1536) Image search: [Google]
70f5026c12a84be6a4171804d245ac89.jpg
302 KB, 1152x1536
>>344592797
>underage
I think not but still doesn't change how fanny frustrated you are.
>>
File: shhhh.png (287 KB, 368x469) Image search: [Google]
shhhh.png
287 KB, 368x469
>>344592956
>i think not
>im just uneducated

whatever, doesnt change the fact youre a fucking retard that thinks his opinions are factual information and not subjective opinions does it?

That how people on the internet know youre a child

Reply I know you need to have the last say because thats what children do
>>
>>344587931
No.

But if you DO get it

DO NOT join any of the /vg/ gtag crews
theyre all fucking niggers, samefags, avatarfags, tripfags and general faggots.
>>
>>344593153
I will reply for him just to piss you off.
>>
File: wSoRgFp.jpg (572 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
wSoRgFp.jpg
572 KB, 2448x3264
>>344593153
>>
30$ is a good deal for GTAV, most places and even in online stores it has dropped very little in price or even at all.

I check my local jewstop to see if the price has fallen but it is still 74.99 while used varies depending on stores but my local jewstop it is about 70 euros for a used game.

The story is alright but once you finish the story is nothing to do, I don't know if I become a jaded fuck but I got bored of single player quickly after I finished the story.
In GTA IV and SA I spent hours fucking around in single player with the story finished.

Online is ok at first, it is fun and feels cool to be playing with so much people but it revolves around money and money is hard to get because that is how R* makes their money by selling cards.
I played enough to get a nice apartment and a nice car but got bored after.
Similar to the story line it gets rather boring in comparison to GTA IV online but mainly because GTA V's online is no fun allowed.

I would say get it, it is a fun game but has little replayablity if that is what you are after.
>>
>>344590637
>just jump on and be a nigger

That's exactly why I enjoy the GTA games. Call me simple minded, but I can get an endless amount of entertainment from stealing cars, pimping them out and then going on a rampage until I die and then starting all over again.

I tried to play GTA online until I went to jack some fags pink convertible and I got some sort of popup message saying I "needed to be x level to drive this vehicle". That kind of shit defeated the purpose of the game to me and I've never tried online again.
>>
It's alright, GTA Online has a lot of problems but is overall pretty fun if you enjoy the loop of do co-op to get money, then spending money to grief people in freeroam.
>>
if you like gta. of course.

i dumped over 100 hours, but havent touched it in about a year. online can be fun with friends, and there is plenty of shit to do imo. races are fun, camping is fun. just do w'/e you want.

bad part is loading times for servers. oh man. is it still shit?
>>
File: 1428905471141.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1428905471141.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>344593475
>>
>>344594406
>Actual good content adding to the conversation
>Everyone is just shit posting
>>
>>344595965
/v/ is too negative, I try to add some positivity.
From browsing here I use to live in fear of buying games because I have little money but I realized if I did not buy a game every time /v/ said it was shit or posted memes then I would be playing no games.

At most I could return the game if I did not like.
Everytime I see a thread about the new Doom it is full of shit posting, memes and negativity.
Yet the new Doom looks fun, I am going to buy it.

30$ is a steal for GTA V though.
>>
so which weapon sound mod is the best? there's quite a few from the same guy, each taking sounds from different games
>>
>>344595063
>"needed to be x level to drive this vehicle".

That's not a thing. But in Online people can lock their cars so no one else can take them.
>>
>>344591585
>commit minor crime
>get home
>court summons arrives in mail a week later for a hearing 10 months away
>date draws near
>case dropped
EXCITING REALISM
>>
>>344587931
nop
not even worth 10 bucks
>>
I'm unironically excited for tuesday's update tbqh famalamadingdong.
>>
I picked it up last week for $30 and am enjoying it allot. It was definitely worth the price. It has it's faults but overall is good. I haven't tried mp yet but heard lots of bad things about it. The only thing that really interests me about it is the racing which I had loads of fun with in gta IV
>>
>>344588965
Thats why you pirate it
>>
>>344587931
You missed out on early GTAO. Getting money and xp nowadays is just a boring grind.
>>
File: GTAO_CUNNINGSTUNTS_1920x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GTAO_CUNNINGSTUNTS_1920x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>344599264
same, brother
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.