[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales of Zestiria? Steam or PS4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: cover_large.jpg (183 KB, 600x746) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
183 KB, 600x746
Which is better? PS4 version or PC version?

I know that I can mod Steam version to look better and have 60 FPS, but are there any issues involved? Are there any problems existing on PC that are fixed on PS4?

what about unique DLC? I was boycotting this game for a while, but, it's probably not that bad.
>>
>>344583576

PC because you can pirate it and get all dlc for free.
>>
>>344583576
Save the money and don't buy any version, is complete shit. Wait for Berseria.
>>
>>344583746

I'm just going to buy it. I mean the actual content, is there anything exclusive to the PS4 version or problems specific to the PC version.
>>
>>344583576
Its bad dont get it. Play the other ones. Just dont buy it anon. Pirate it if you have to.
>>
>>344583754
>>344583975

why's it so shit?

I think I was boycotting because a lot of the basic Tales functions were removed, like changing your map character/party leader, and other party setup weirdness.

But now I just feel like I want to play it, since I always played every Tales game
>>
and I don't care about rumored fujoshit. I'm actually gay so I'm probably going to be fine with it.
>>
PC version is the best, go read a fucking review if you want the details pretty sure PC Gamer made one that was dedicated exclusively to indicating the differences.
>>
>>344584418

Ignore the haters. It's well known that some of these no-life are still butthurt over Alisha not being main girl.
>>
>>344585037

I don't actually care about that at all, the false advertising angle is kinda hilarious but it won't bother me. I just won't waste any time equipping her or getting used to her.
>>
>>344583576
PC has a few issues even once you mod it, but NONE of those issues are fixed on PS3/4. The game is just ass.

>>344584418
Enemies ignore their weaknesses whenever they're attacking, and you have so few spells and most of them are multi-elemental, making the weakness calculation always against you, you can't heal while under any status affliction, and each status ailment can be healed by a particular seraph, armatized mode is OP and boring to use, as it has even LESS arte variety than your characters, and many of the characters are even more useless because of bad hitboxes in general, and unresponsiveness of moves. Higher difficulty levels reduce the amount of EXP you get, making progression more boring and making you less prepared for the instant death damage sponges enemies become.

Everything in the game is stupid poorly designed trash.
>>
>>344586307
Oh, and the fucking battle camera. You can't fix the fucking camera no matter what.
>>
>>344586307

Thanks for the input.

I think I'm going to try it anyway, but I will just keep my expectations extremely low.

I think the most concerning part is the transformation function. It is such a boring and bad idea, and I don't know why they keep doing it.

Please tell me there's no such Xillia 2/Zestiria transform function in Berseria?
>>
>>344586596
There's a "transformation" but it's just a mini-OVL/burst mode, you keep your moveset but you get a buff and do a burst arte at the end of it. It's the MC's unique move but everyone has something, they're just not all burst modes (there's an attack counter, magic counter, party buff, and two just special attacks).
>>
>>344583576
console version has some exlusive DLC I think, unless it was japan only.

pc version is free with tons of DLC, better graphics, and 60fps.
>>
why is she on the OP
>>
File: tumblr_o61loz56gP1rsj89go1_1280.jpg (356 KB, 1280x1613) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o61loz56gP1rsj89go1_1280.jpg
356 KB, 1280x1613
>>344589591

Zesteria and Berseria are connected and I suppose it's possible the anime itself will do something with that connection or do so because Berseria does.

Alternatively, marketing.
>>
>>344586307

Higher difficulty equal higher level enemy,which gives out more exp so in all it balances out. Also levels don't really mean much in this game,it's how you set up item skills that can make or break your gameplay.

Armatization is more of a requirement if you want to quickly beat enemies and less of "OP". The game practically tells you to keep spamming it right from the beginning.

If anything,the only complaint I have about combat is enemy's super amor (aka they become invincible) other than that it's mostly good.
>>
>>344585037
>>344585747
Alisha is not the overall reason, shes just one of many Its just a really bad tales game. It has no redeeming qualities. The combat is shit, the camera is shit, the pace is shit, the characters are shit, the main villain is complete shit and the story is shit. I had more fun playing Dawn of The New World than playing Zestiria. It also loves to pad itself by making you backtrack so much in the game. At least Xillia 2 did something interesting with its reused assets.
>>
Ill take this a tales general and blog a bit about my recent experience with the series.

I played like the first hour of PS3 Vesperia and i quite enjoy it but had to drop it cause i was playing it along with a 360 playthrough.
Then i started with Xilia im past the anime intro and im not really feeling the nurse guy nor the starting town. I like the chick's character but her clothes look dumb,not sexy at all and her ahoge its plain ugly.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.