[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to play this anymore? Is the online dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: images (3).jpg (14 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
14 KB, 188x268
Is there any reason to play this anymore? Is the online dead? does anyone even play anymore? My Skells are all level 60 and everything dies in like 2 hits.
>>
>>344576474
No
>>
Lost interest as soon as I got my skell. The mobility was cool but it made me feel like all the progress I'd made on foot near worthless
>>
>>344576474
It's a single player game with tacked on MP
Did you finish it? Then no there's no reason to play this anymore
>>
>>344576474
No. Xenoblade X is an uninteresting farm fest of a game
>>
>>344576474
Yes. And it's called Potato.
>>
Skells ruin the game. Once you have access to them, it's extremely easy to shoot to level 50
>>
>>344576474
I bought the SE on release and just now had time to start it. Just got my Skell and that alone was one of the coolest fucking experiences I have had in gaming in a long while. The story is pretty OK, nowhere close to the original Xenoblade but definitely not bad. I don't get the hate. I dont really care about the online feature since it was pretty awkward to be honest.
>>
>>344580168
really boring compared to xenoblade
>>
OP here: I beat the game a while ago, I was considering selling it, but I wanted to know if anything new was added. I dont want to restart it after all the work i did getting skells to max and such and flying around the world is boring once youve surveyed it all.
>>
Loved Xenoblade, didn't buy a WiiU because XBX looked worse and worse the more I saw of it. Glad to see I made the right choice.
>>
>>344580318
Did you 100% the map?
As far as online stuff goes, the only thing are the two Global Nemesis: Yggralith 0 and Telethia Plume, but they aren't really that interesting aside from farming tickets.
>>
>>344580827
yup, and beat both nemesi
>>
>>344581019
Did you also beat the superbosses (Nardacyon, Gradivus, Pharsis and Telethia)?
In that case the only things left to do are collecting all Holofigures (which involves beating all Tyrants) and completing achievements.
None of these are that interesting though, so I think you're finished.
>>
>>344581226
>Telethia
I ran out of fuel trying to beat that bastard several times, fucking decoy
>>
File: Sorcerer_Snake_Jafar.jpg (118 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer_Snake_Jafar.jpg
118 KB, 1280x1024
>>344581226
ugh I really hate that you can't re-do story missions at BLADE HQ

thats the dealbreaker for me, Tons of great missions and bosses and I cant even do them anymore without starting from scratch

Not even multiple saves, what on earth was Nintendo thinking?
>>
>>344581226
Also forogot to mention Dadaan and Leva'el.

>>344581539
It's useful to have an Arts.GP aug, plus one of the medium mechs, to be able to stay in infinite overdrive, and such not waste any fuel while fighting her.
>>
I hated it. Dropped shortly after I got a skell. The first Xenoblade was 1000x better.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (3 KB, 161x90) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
3 KB, 161x90
>>344580168
>The story is pretty OK, nowhere close to the original Xenoblade but definitely not bad. I don't get the hate.

Finish it and say that again.
>>
>>344582208
Yeah, it's a shame that the main story is so weak. Was probably hurt a lot by them changing it to add an avatar during the middle of development.
Some of the sidequests are pretty good though.
>>
>>344576474
>Is there any reason to play this anymore?

Because it's fun. Once you got 100% then yeah you are probably done for a while, but i expect i'll come back to it in a decade or so and relive it.
>>
I still think it's a great game, one of the best open worlds I've seen.
>>
>>344582780
>In a decade

My point exactly, can't I just by it back when its 5 dollars a decade later?
>>
>>344576474
goty for 2015 for me, gameplay was really enjoyable but everything goes downhill during the endgame though because of the grinding for item drops.
>>
>>344583163
I'd say that's postgame, rather than endgame, but they also did the thing that lets you grind affinity fast, and if you google it oyu can find a good place to find the black fog deposits, unfortunately you only get 3-4 Filliavents at a time
>>
You can just tell which posters have and haven't played this game. Get ready for some hot seamy opinions. XCX is my game of the generation so far. It has attempted more in one game than any other in a long time, and has had tremendous successes in almost all areas. It is a completely singular piece of media that cannot be related in any other terms, only experienced first-hand. It's exactly what a video game should be. The breadth, scope, and depth of everything from the combat system to the world itself is so fleshed out, you can really feel the hard work that was poured into this thing.

Disclosure: I'm full idort and unbiased as it gets. PS4/Wii U/PC/Xbone/3DS (no vita lol). My top 3 for this generation is XCX, Witcher, and Bloodborne.
>>
>>344584035
>I eat shit and I'm proud!
Ok there "Mr. Idort"
>>
>>344584035
I'm still annoyed Shadow of Mordor and Inquisition won GOTY rather than Xenoblade X.

World was great, and gameplay wised they fixed some of XC's mistakes, like being able to mark quest NPCs on the map, overall I'd say the OST wasn't as good, and the smaller cast of XC means you don't have any sore thumbs as obvious as your fourth party member for story missions
>>
It's fun for a playthrough but I can't see myself ever starting a new game. There's just too much tedium along the way.
>>
>>344584035
> It's exactly what a video game should be. The breadth, scope, and depth of everything from the combat system to the world itself is so fleshed out, you can really feel the hard work that was poured into this thing.

Its not XCB2. Its a shitty online MMO that threw out everything that made XCB great.
>>
>>344584035
>My top 3 for this generation is XCX, Witcher, and Bloodborne

So you like boring open world tripe that you can dick around in over an actual story centric masterpiece? okay then.
>>
>>344584729
This. I treat it like fallout, Just a game to have fun exploring whenever i feel like it. I never plan to replay that tedium just for my skells again.
>>
>>344584569
heres your (you)

>>344584634
The OST is definitely polarizing. In my mind XC is a modern jrpg that flawlessly updates the classic style of OST, and XCX shoots for the moon with an insane eclectic sound track. Whatever missteps they had, I think it was worth it. There's nothing else like it in this medium, that's for sure.
>>
>>344584729
You dn't want to fix some of the wrong decisions you made along the way, like learning to diffuse the bomb strapped to Gerome so he doesn't explode
>>
>>344585012
>Anyone who disagrees with me is shitposting!
You think Hiroyuki "I can literally only compose one song with epic chanting" Sawano composed a good OST. You have shit taste in the truest sense of the word, and you should do /v/ a favor and stop sharing the garbage that comes out of your mouth here.
>>
>>344584729
I could see myself maybe playing through it again if they actually decide to continue the story (since this is essentially part 1 of Perfect Works Episode 1) and they have some sort of data transfer.
I fucked up on some choices during quests.
>>
>>344576474
the slough and MMO farming is just too much for me. Cringe as hell story with unlikable cast this time just push me over the edge

I dont know how we go from Xenoblade to this
>>
>>344585406
Lack of likeable protags

Shulk is established, we follow his life and his choices in XC

XCX makes us a carbon blank slate who just agrees with everything going on whether we want to or not, and because we have no backstory, theres nothing to go off of for the characters.
>>
>Chapter 5
>That sphinx thing
>it looms closer
>Motherfuking telethia out of nowhere
>OH SHIT ITS A TELETHIA
>Never appears again and was just there for show

Biggest fucking let down of the entire game holy shit.
>>
>>344586556
It's a level 99 superboss anon
>>
>>344586556
Not in the main story, but there's multiple quests that involve it.
In one of them you have to kill her to get the good ending.
>>
Why is there so much fucking samefagging in this thread

Is someone this desperate to hate this game?

Yeah, it's polarizing, but not bad, it is at least average
>>
>>344586870
Dude its classic sour grapes. It's a must-have exclusive out of left field for a system no one owns.
>>
>>344586870
>>344587212
Everyone loved the first game and they decided to make it as bad as possible for the sequel. It's shit by comparison, get over it.
>>
It's still beats most modern WRPGS. The story is sort of ass but I don't think MS is cut for storytelling games if their greatest stories are tied between Shonen shit and a half completed game with NGE tier references.
>>
>>344584861
Not him but story shouldn't be the key point of a game.
There needs to be a balance with atmosphere,gamplay and production values.
>>
>>344576474
Couldn't get past the cringey battle song desu senpai.
>>
>>344584759
>Xeno Chronicles Blade
>>
>>344584035
Completely 100% agree with every word in this post, including the top 3 games of this gen.
>>
>>344589056
The story and characters are worse, but the exploration is so much better.
>>
>>344580273
wow it must be REALLY fucking boring then
>>
Haven't beaten it yet, but here are my thoughts.

PRO:
>Huge world, beautiful and vast with lots of those discovery treasures to find.
>The enemies are extremely varied. Monstrous bosses and guys you need to farm a lot to kill (apparently).
>Skell customization and skells themselves are really cool. I liked the process of earning your skell and your flight module.
>The combat is great, and hugely customizable. You can make a character to suit any playstyle, be it melee, ranged, tank.
>The music. This is a very mixed opinion among the people who've played it, but I think the music all but a couple tracks is really good.
>I'm not one to use this phrase often, but this game really feels epic before you get your skell. It perfects the feeling of being a stranger in an alien world whose inhabitants can easily overwhelm and destroy your party on a whim.

CON:
>Only one save slot per Wii U account name.
>The music plays too loud during cutscenes so you can't hear what the NPCs are saying half the time.
>Inability to play entirely with the Pro Controller, thus ignoring the Gamepad (this will be a NEUTRAL to some).
>A lot of the sidequests dissolve into "run around this area and pick up blue crystals, hoping one or more will be what you need to turn in." This bores me, and picking up crystals just feels soulless and sterile.

NEUTRAL:
>Story. I could take it or leave it. It's not great or terrible, it simply IS.
>No handholding. I don't care about this because it is almost all explained in the manual (which you definitely should read), but some will like more explanations to the game's various systems.

Probably stuff I'm forgetting, but those are the bulletpoints that come to mind.
>>
>>344591964
>The music plays too loud during cutscenes so you can't hear what the NPCs are saying half the time.

Because NoA screwed up and instead of just disabling dual audio options, they ripped out the entire volume control, which is why your Wii-U tablet doesnt output any sound whatsoever.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.