[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
So what's /v/'s opinion on this game? I'm personally loving it so far. Got up to the Song then triggered the optional ending. Replaying the first few bosses now.
So what's everyone's favorite boss?
>>
>>344567001
Past threads have been great, a shame the game is short though
my favorite boss was the line
>>
>>344567001

game is unplayable without a gamepad
>>
The edge is probably the best boss fight of all time desu
>>
>>344567001
Love it
>>
>>344567001
Best game I have played in months, got the game and the ost, just hope if was longer
>>
One of the best games I've played in a while. Had a good rhythm going yesterday, but drank too much and kept getting rekt by the hand.
>>
>>344567436
>>344567681
I really loved The Hand. He's probably my favorite boss from anything, at least thematically. Coupled with the guy before and the Song after really makes you think about what you're doing
>>
>>344567001
The love the Song and the Hand
>>
>>344568017
Both feel epic especially with the dialogue those bosses in particular have. It was nice to see how much the fight meant to the hand and what his purpose for fighting was. And on the other hand with the edge, it was awesome how he kept demanding the best from you. Good shit
>>
Died to the last stage of the second boss last night ad had to go to bed, going to give if another shift after work.

Am I just horrible or is it normal to die 6+ times to the second boss?
>>
>>344568370
For me the 2nd boss was the only boss I didn't die to haha
>>
So is it like an arcade game where you have a limited amount of lives or do you get checkpoints at each boss?
>>
>>344568370
The second boss really got me until the game kind of clicked. Experiment with dodging while charging your sword and gun. Another thing the game doesn't outright mention is if you try to shoot during the close quarters sections you can actually empower your attacks
>>
File: Afro vs Rokutaru.jpg (651 KB, 1913x1073) Image search: [Google]
Afro vs Rokutaru.jpg
651 KB, 1913x1073
>>344568017
The Hand was a godly boss fight, especially that ending. I love how this game is basically the spiritual successor to Afro Samurai that I've been waiting for seven years straight to happen. I know Takashi Okazaki is apparently only credited for boss design but the entire game feels like a love letter to Afro.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't play out killing The Hand like Afro killed Rokutaro, it would have been interesting if the Hand's son had watched in complete horror as his father died in front of him like in the second AS movie.
>>
>>344568574
You get checkpoints after every boss. Three health bars per fight and they regenerate a bit each time you take one bar from the boss
>>
>>344568370
You get god eventually, die as many times you have to.
In this game feels great to destroy a boss that give you a hard time before
>>
File: Old Man Jenkins.jpg (3 MB, 1413x2100) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Jenkins.jpg
3 MB, 1413x2100
>>344568370
>Am I just horrible or is it normal to die 6+ times to the second boss?
Dude I died fifteen times to this chill ass motherfucker. Old Man Jenkins doesn't fuck around.
>>
I already beat it but I'm waiting for them to drop the patch that fixes the delay. Did they fix it yet?

This game is awesome.
>>
>>344569429
It's intentional.There is a cool down of 0.2 sec so You can't just spam dodging, you need to time it.
>>
File: The Hand.jpg (3 MB, 1314x2100) Image search: [Google]
The Hand.jpg
3 MB, 1314x2100
>>344569429
>>344569573
You're correct that they designed the dodge to have a small cooldown, however I believe the "delay" that anon is talking about is due to the act of dodging itself only activating via button depress, and not via button press. Basically, dodges are delayed until depress due to their chargeable nature. Hopefully the devs will implement a quick dodge eventually.
>>
>>344569573
>There is a cool down of 0.2 sec
You sure that isn't because the dash is a charge move, like the dash happens on button release rather than button press.
>>
>>344570367
>>344570451

I think they way they've designed is that they want you to react quickly and release the button quickly to dodge.
>>
Energetic and colorful.
Omitting the Charging Square mechanic in the 1v1 sections is a huge mistake for my first run, but it makes the fights go faster later on.

Wish we could get some alternate skins for fun but overall it was nice game. Looking forward to more.
>>
>>344571452
Well that's a mistake because 95% of the time I would only use quick dashes, and not charged ones
>>
>>344572008
Agreed, I think quick dodge is the number one requested feature on the forums, because even though the depress delay is very slight it makes dodging altogether feel delayed. I know the solution is "depress quickly" but even then it still feels delayed, however that might be moreso due to how they programmed it and when the invincibility frames actually kick in.
>>
>>344567001

the only good boss is the chick that screams, it involves actual tactics instead of le ebin touhou rip off they keep going for, other than that it's a pretentious french weaboo game that will most likely get a cult following of tumblrtarts like undermeme
>>
>>344573638
Meme harder you fucking retard
>>
Beat Furi mode earlier, good fun. The first boss is already giving me a hard time in Furier mode, though. I dread the old man and sniper chick on this difficulty.
>>
>>344573778

lol he asked an opinion I gave it to him, stay mad faggot
>>
File: 5436564.png (1 MB, 1378x2115) Image search: [Google]
5436564.png
1 MB, 1378x2115
>>344573638
>>
File: intense fear.gif (545 KB, 407x216) Image search: [Google]
intense fear.gif
545 KB, 407x216
>>344567001

Curently fighitng the angel crossbow bitch.

Game is great ,but the only thing that annoys me is that you restart the whole pattern of the boss if you lose all your health against them and all previous damage is negated even if they were one hit away from dying.

Its not bad but some of the final phase will most likely kill you the first few times before you see how to handle it.

The scales final phase was horse shit and i watched a youtube video just to make sure if their was a way to prevent it, but you just have to be extremely precise and hope you have some health to take a few hits
>>
>>344573638
>will most likely get a cult following of tumblrtarts
Are you joking? The game's way too difficult for Tumblrtards. I expect countless articles criticizing how "anti-female" the game is for having such a high default difficulty. Plus you get to beat the fuck out of multiple women, that loses SJW points as well.
>>
File: The Song.jpg (2 MB, 1314x2100) Image search: [Google]
The Song.jpg
2 MB, 1314x2100
>>344573978
>Curently fighitng the angel crossbow bitch.
I keep dying to her final phase, so goddamn frustrating man. On the plus side, dying so many times to these bosses means winning is all the more satisfying.

Also, if anyone's wondering where I found these artwork mockups, they're in this thread. Yes, I know Reddit is shitty as fuck but these mockups are cool as hell. https://www.reddit.com/r/Furi/comments/4rwv1x/furi_retro_posters_every_boss_all_characters/
>>
>>344567001
It's a fun game, the dodge needs to be more responsive though, but it's not really their fault since you have the ability to charge it.

I just wish I could play the game on my vita or something.
>>
I just beat the game on normal last night, including the bullet hell final boss.
>>
File: sad.png (110 KB, 279x277) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
110 KB, 279x277
I've only watched the GiantBomb UPF and Quick Look of this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUsPBBXPG4

And I think it looks like trash. A distance-y fight, then a close range fight repeated 5-6 times getting slightly harder (a new element/wave added)...and then repeated again for however many bosses. More than that, it's INFURIATING to see that a "reviewer" for video games sucks this much at video games. He keeps calling it "hard" or near impossible to time things correctly, has NO FUCKING CLUE how the health meters or the game mechanics work despite having played for hours already and it makes me want to claw my eyeballs out to see him call this innovative, stylish and complex boss rush video game.
>>
>>344574340
Its actually not that hard becasue her final phase gives you health orbs if you get hit, unlike most other bosses final phase where you have to beat it or die and start from the beginning.

So far she has the most lax final phase i have come across

I'd tell you what to do,but its obvious so you'll figure it out
>>
Shitaku HATES this game.

http://kotaku.com/indie-boss-battler-furi-is-the-wrong-kind-of-hard-1783130485
>>
>>344575062
don't give this shithole trafic
>>
File: The Scale.jpg (3 MB, 1314x2100) Image search: [Google]
The Scale.jpg
3 MB, 1314x2100
>>344574774
Keep in mind that fight is arguably the easiest boss fight in the game, in fact it's technically the first boss you fight considering that the tutorial boss barely even counts as an actual boss. Also, I highly recommend simply pirating the game and making a determination for yourself. However, if you did not enjoy Metal Gear Rising, you likely won't enjoy Furi and can skip even trying the game out.
>>
>>344567001
Still not happy with the boost lag.
Posted it before, but give us one button for charged boosts and one that boosts when you press the button.

Good game that needs to make the walking bits skippable.
>>
>>344575174
>highly recommend simply pirating the game and making a determination for yourself

FUCK OF YOU PC KEK!
THIS IS A DAMN GOOD GAME AND DESERVES A BIT OF SUPPORT!

AND YOU WONDER WHY YOU PC SHIT BAGS DONT GET ANYTHING WORTH SHIT ANYMORE OTHER THAN HALF ASSED MMO!

GOOD RIDDANCE TO PC GAMING!

>>344575260
Its called just tapping the button you retard!
SOme attacks are small enough where you simply tap and you can phase thru and other are to big so you need to charge to avoid!

ENOUGH OF THIS LAG SHIT!
>>
>>344575630
chill with the all caps summerfag
>>
>>344575630
le redditimus ;=)
>>
>>344575630
How is that any different than playing it for free on PS4?
>>
>>344567001
Another tryhard game for losers that are better at videogames than life
>>
>>344576084
>for free
>>
>>344575630
Dude I definitely agree that the game is fantastic and deserves as much support as possible, but that anon was (from my understanding) criticizing the game from footage he watched, where as if he played the game he could make his own judgement. And if he thinks the game looks like trash I highly doubt he'd shell out $25 just so he can determine whether it's good or not. Plus he'd be likely to purchase the game afterwards anyway due to upcoming patches and improvements.
>>
>>344575630
If you can't tell the difference between the action going on pressing the button and it happening when you release it then I'm sorry.
But there is a difference, and since there are two buttons assigned to boost I don't see the harm in making them one of them have it so it boosts on pressing the button (or make it an option).
>>
>>344576128
Did the game hurt your feelings too?
>>
>>344576084
Bitch, ps plus members paid for the game because we pay for online play you fuck face.
>>
>>344567001
Too expensive.
>>
>>344576251
Or he could just take them for free like the pc scum that he is
>>
>>344576395
I didnt pay for it.
I pay less than $5 a month to play online on PS4.

The free games are just a bonus.
>>
>>344575150
>Hard for the wrong reasons
Never lists those reasons
>Antagonizes you for losing
Frank the rabbit gives you constant encouragement on death
>Fraction of a split second
Le internet gaming journalism level writing skill
>Promenade shames you
by telling you what it does to the game in the most concise way possible

Project more pls hack "writer"
>>
>>344567001
so far the hand, and the line.
i accidentally got the song optional ending. went afk during the cutscene, came back only to find the credits rolling. wish there was some sort of chapter select.
>>
>>344567001
When people say they "died" to a boss, do they mean losing a health bar or actually getting the game over?

So far I've only game over'd to #3 and #6, a single time each. Currently #7 and have game over'd multiple times over though. Fuck I hate this bitch and her stupid drone bullet spam. #5 was fucking great though, loved the entire fight.

Had to ragequit for the night because of this current boss though, goddamn.
>>
>>344579468
I think they mean game overs
>>
>>344573978
The game is pretty forgiving imo.
>>
Someone give me a link to the soundtrack
>>
>>344580017
It really is.
But perfecting the game is another story altogetho
>>
>>344580276
Here's a soundcloud list with the OST, worst case scenario if you can't find a torrent you could always download each track from here.
https://soundcloud.com/kronik_electro/sets/furi-ost
>>
Game is fucking fantastic, cant choose a favorite boss.
Side note, anyone done speedrun mode yet? post your times
>>
Do you think Rider and The Song fucked if you chose to stay with her?
>>
>>344581012
Well, if Afro Samurai is any comparison, they absolutely did fuck. However her voice is like a 40 year old woman's so it was likely a hatefuck.
>>
>>344567001
>So what's everyone's favorite boss?
The Mothership
also the music in the scene before the credits gives me goosebumps everytime
>>
>>344581139
Her voice got me rock-hard.
>>
>>344582159
Honestly I don't think anyone can play Furi without throbbing erectile tissue. However, the way The Song said "you have to listen to reason" or whatever the line was really awkwardly voice acted in my personal opinion. Still a 10/10 boss fight in a 10/10 game though.
>>
>>344582159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04SW8bUPjk
>I will give you more and more each day. I will be yours.
>>
>>344567001
I'm glad I'm not the only only one who felt a delay before dodging. Makes the game more difficult than it really is.
>>
got kinda bored before i finished the first bossfight. havent picked it back up
>>
>>344582387
Funny thing is during the aftercredits boss when you are riding a spacerocket suit thingy it felt to me like there was no dash delay at all anymore.
>>
>>344582542
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>344582341
I want to have sex with her in the missionary position with the lights off while holding her hands.
>>
>>344582593
That's actually where I noticed it the most. I was so hyped for a full-on SHMUP boss too.
>>
File: 1359174293454.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1359174293454.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>344567001

Still haven't recovered from that last stage to try The Burst again... jesus fuck, that shit is insane.
>>
Just beat the edge. Blast was complete shit but very fun game otherwise. Can't wait for hard mode which is apparently done right.

Shame about the shit story and forced walking. I like downtime but this feels like molasses
>>
Glad i wasnt the only one who had a fucking hellacious time with the burst final phase.
>>
>>344583363
I had a worse time trying to figure out how to get her out of her snipe/run away mode
>>
Great atmosphere and has a unique desgin, a design that won't age. I had some problems with the dodge delay what made me very frustrated. Died a dozen of times at the last health block of the bosses because of this problem. Overall a fun and fast phased indie hack n slash game.
>>
>>344583520
>hack and slash
>>
>>344583450

Same here. It's fucking infuriating. I was chasing her around for ages before I realised you have to be standing on the same platform as her and purposefully let her take a shot at you while you hide behind a wall. Just beat her a few minutes ago and gave the next boss a shot. He killed me but he only has four stages so he doesn't seem too bad.
>>
>>344583450
Theres a little trick to is that worked every time for me, run up to the edge of the little segment shes standing on, but dont get on. When you see her sniper focusing in on you, Jump in the segment, and hide behind one of the pillars, when she shoots the pillar, run out and smash her stupid fucking face in. Maybe this'll help someone out.
>>
>>344567001
downloading now since its free on ps4

so what kind of game is it exactly?
>>
>>344567539

Really ? I was about to give this game a try too.

Ah well,into the trash it goes.
>>
>>344583450
She's locked in place for like a second after she fires her sniper rifle. Bait a shot out then, rush and shoot her once.
>>
>>344583845

It's a boss battle game. Every level is just one long boss battle with several stages. It's got twin stick shooter elements, bullet hell elements and hack n' slash elements where you need to dodge and parry attacks. It's pretty fun so far but it gets very challenging. You're probably not gonna like the game so much if you have shit reflexes and/or hand eye coordination.
>>
>>344583953

Just buy a fucking gamepad. It's worth the investment. Unless you just play MOBAs and RTS games and clicky shit like that. It's at least worth owning one if just for emulation.
>>
>boss literally called the edge
>friendly
>reminds you that he's not unbeatable
>commends your skill unironically
>disciplined

Wait what
>>
>>344584329

I used to have one but decided the thing really isn't that comfortable compared to kb/m so now I just avoid anything that try to BS people with console-gitis feature like gamepad-only.

And just so you know I have zero problem playing emulation with kbm,outside of very few obscure titles.
>>
So who was the Guardian that the rabbit guy beat for you? Do we know anything about it?
>>
>>344584845
That room was meant to be his.
>>
File: 1468052584688.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1468052584688.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>344575062
>Linking to Kotaku
>>
Watching credits now.

Death count:
3 mask dude: 0
Girl: 1
Headphones Dhalsim: 2
Get out of my swamp: 0
Knight: 3
Sniper: 4
Mercy: 0
Samurai: 2, but I reset a lot on the first phase though, wanted to get him perfect for some reason.
sk8r: 0
>>
>>344575062
>>344575150
It's not hard
>>
>>344585065
and playtime?
>>
>>344584845
I was expecting that the Rabbit would double- cross the protagonist and end up being a boss.

Maybe the rabbit is the guardian that he said he defeated.
>>
CONFIRM OR ATTACK? WHAT GETS ME MORE GAMEPLAY?
>>
>>344585320
ATTACK
>>
>>344585228
Only a couple of hours, unfortunately, but it's something I'll certainly be coming back to on hard mode/general replays
>>
Daily reminder The Voice is a manipulative shitscum that deserves to die.

>frees you know it'll kill all these guys that were his allies
>has no real guarantee you won't just murderfuck the planet
>tries to get you pissed off and angry at "Resonable" or "Sympathethic" boss fights so you'll ignore anything they say or do
>outright hides the truth multiple times
>Starts off sympathizing The Beat too much, then tries to backpedal into saying she's "Still dangerous" and "Hot shit."
>she's an utter pushover

fucking niggers
>>
sodapoppin already played this

find a new game lads
>>
>>344585320
>>344585378
I FUCKED UP I MEAN CONFIRM OR CANCEL
>>
How does it feel to know that you made a kid an orphan?
>>
>>344584804

Yeah, just like I have zero problems playing FPS with a controller. But keyboard and mouse is still better. You're purposefully handicapping yourself using a keyboard to play emulated games. And honestly, I'm not sure if this actually works at all without a gamepad, but there's no way this game would ever be comfortable using a keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>344585470
He wants to go back home. see his daughter for atleast a little bit. Can you really blame him for doing whatever it takes to be free?
>>344585525
Wait what im confused where are you?
>>
>>344585715
His dad wanted to be a hero, so he died like one.
>>
>>344585770
yes, because betraying your allies and dooming the entire planet to literal anihilation to see your daugther for a few minutes is the most selfish thing you can do.
>>
File: 18954984123.jpg (48 KB, 553x640) Image search: [Google]
18954984123.jpg
48 KB, 553x640
>>344567539
>not owning a gamepad
>>
>>344585950
Then don't destroy the earth.
As for betraying his allies, Oh well, they couldn't beat rider. and why would you put them above your own child.
Also why an I anonymously arguing for the morality of a man wearing a rabbit hat at the possible end of the world
>>
>>344586385
Because it's mildly fun.

And while that is true, let's be real for a second here. The only reason the option of not destroying the planet is there is because you're playing a vidyagame.

A literal manufactured alien killing machine would not magically gain feelings from being tortured from years, and if it ever did, it'd imagine it'd dislike the planet even more, not somehow grow to like it because he fought one or two guys that were actually fairly honorable.
>>
is anyone else not able to unlock the Breakout achievement? ive cleared all the shields multiple times and still nothing
>>
>>344586587
But rider obviously has some sense of free will other than "kill kill kill"
Like the fact that you can decide to stay with the song. Or when you talk to the voice in the free world, he definitely shows sort of a remorse. Honestly I think the star should've known better than to create something that could single handedly bring down their whole operation and give him some semblance of free will.
>>
>>344586687
I had this problem too, but i got it after maybe the third time trying it in practice mode.
>>
>>344585718

What handicap ? The difference is that gamepad buttons are severely limited while the kbm is not. Do you know why they had to add aimbot feature to console FPS ? It's because so those babies wouldn't complain about how unresponsive and stiff that shitty overpriced hardware of theirs feel.

>>344586110

>needing gamepad to play a PC game
>>
>>344587097
Only because you're a player, although
>You can talk to the voice in the free world
S-shit. I never knew this. Where's he at?
>>
>Beat Furier
>Go to Furi again for S rank and the secret ending with the blondie and it's now easy as shit

The feeling of getting good is a really good feeling. Will have to practice to S rank Furier though, but I already feel like S ranking Furi will be trivial.
>>
I think the rabbit guy is The Architect who designed all the prison worlds, but then he went insane.
>>
>>344587286
Instead of going to the tower just keep following the trail until it ends.
>>
>>344587186
guess ill just keep at it
>>
>>344587286
I dont think "because game" is a solid argument, If the creators gave you the option to do something I imagine they would give the thought of what it would mean for the story as a whole. top left corner of the map. near the beach side. you'll get a little cut scene.
>>
>>344587403
His name is The Voice, and he is the architect. Trapped himself in there like the other guardians, wanted to see his daughter again.
>>
>>344587648
Where do you get all these boss names from? Did I miss something in the game, I can't recall any names being dropped in the storyline.
>>
>>344587945

Trophies
>>
>>344587945
Practice mode
>>
>>344587945
You can see their names on practice mode and achievements/trophy descriptions
>>
What were they thinking with Furier Line? The old bastard makes no sense
>phase 1 far easier than it was on furi
>phase 2 harder than phase 3
>final attack really RNG reliant, and far harder than the rest of the fight
>fight overall more difficult than the next 2 bosses by an order of magnitude.

He's my least favourite fight anyway because of the reliance on dodging while shooting, which is awkward with the standard control scheme. But on Furier it's well fucked.
>>
>>344587945
I believe the names are displayed in the practice menu, however if not the names are obviously on the Wiki and likely in the game files. But yeah some of the names are confusing as hell to me.
>>
>>344587945
You see the voice actors during the end credits, and I think they're in order.

I thought that Rabbit sounded a lot like Kaz Miller in a few scenes, so I was surprised to see it wasnt troy baker.

>WERE GONNA KILL THEM ALL AND TAKE BACK OUR FREEDOM

I'm just gonna use my own autistic headcanon and say Furi is what Big Boss dreamed about when he was in his coma.
>>
>Final Phase of Fish face on Furier

Man fuck that. It was harder than the final phase of the bosses after him.
>>
>If you fuck up the close combat thing the boss will lose no health
And dropped
>>
>>344586587
It's an assumption but it's possible the mothership wouldn't have remained dormant. After all, there are many other Riders like you. Maybe the Voice reasoned the only way to ensure the planets total safety was to take a gamble with you and hope you would have a change of heart. Then you could destroy the mother ship. Seeing his daughter again was merely a side effect.
>>
>>344588553
>I am bad and don't want to play anymore

Okay, I guess.
>>
>>344588553
What?
>>
>>344567001
I'm really bad at this game. Maybe it's 'cause I'm nearin 30, but I just don't jave the reflexes for a game like this.
Anyone else have this issue?
Also I totally have issues with the dash. Getting the end point of the dash correct
>>
>>344585470
He's the Voice. Clearly he's good at manipulating/converting people to his side.
>>
game is mad fun so far

just killed jailer
>>
>>344588805
You're probably getting confused on how to dash.

It's when you release the button, not when you press it. I know you may know this already, but really take this to heart and you'll get how to dodge right.

You don't need super reflexes for most of the game. You're fine.
>>
>>344588207
>because of the reliance on dodging while shooting, which is awkward with the standard control scheme
This is my biggest problem with the game. There is an obviously more efficient control scheme but the game won't let me fix it.

Why would a dev not allow you to customize controls? You can customize the keyboard controls but not the gamepad ones. That's just pure laziness.
>>
It's actually really fun_ game, especially on FURIER. My only complaint is that devs didn't map parry button to R1.
>>
File: KX01oG4.jpg (59 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
KX01oG4.jpg
59 KB, 400x593
>keep dying to old man time on his third stage

WHY CAN'T I CQC FOR SHIT
>>
GET FUCKED FLOATING HEAD

NEAR PERFECTED THE LAST PHASE OUT OF ADRENALINE
>>
>>344589358
Remappable controls would have been ace
>>
>>344588889
They're all Jailers, Anon
>>
>>344589502
>Get fucked on previous phase on Furier
>Well fuck guess I'm boned
>Perfected last phase

Damn. I swear the penultimate phase is harder
>>
>jailer 1st boss was easy
>laser women was really challenging
>literally cannot beat old man, always die when he first switches to melee
>takes 500 years to get to that stage because of his first form

I'm not great at the game, but I kind of hate it. It REALLY feels like trial-error, especially with parrying. Not only do all bosses have different attack speeds, different phases/combos all have different speeds. You just get caught off-guard, and parrying already has a pretty fucking small window.
>>
>>344567001
>got to the second boss
>died twice
> uninstalled
thats how much it made me want to play
2/10
>>
>>344589781
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to meme on you but it's more about getting good than trial and error.

I did worse on the first few bosses than on the objectively harder later ones. And the timing for parrying is always the same after you hear the sound/see the white flash
>>
>>344589954
>Not tryna meme you but git gud
Dont ever reply to me again
>>
>>344588224
>Rabbit sounded a lot like Kaz Miller in a few scenes, so I was surprised to see it wasnt troy baker.
...what? In MGSV Robin Downes played Kaz, where as Troy Baker played Ocelot. Troy Baker is a good voice actor but I fucking hate how his voice is shoved into every game, it pulls me right out of immersion whenever he does that "extra bass" voice as if he's an Opera speaker or something. A great example of this is FC4's Pagan Minn, which was masterfully voice acted except for the political speech in which Troy reverted to his default bass voice.
>>
>>344589781

I 100 percent don't see how it's trial and error when you have a gigantic white flash and a loud audio cue indicating when it's time for you to parry.
>>
>>344589954
>And the timing for parrying is always the same after you hear the sound/see the white flash

Not that guy, but you're wrong.
>>
>>344590114
It worked for me though. I parry one instant after I see the flash/sound and I get it right and many times I get it perfect.
>>
>>344567001
Picked the PS4 version because it was "free" the horrible framerate made me buy the PC version.

The game is arcady, the walking parts are shit, overall is ok.
>>
>>344590114
it's true though, the delay between the sound effect/white flash and the actual hit is the same. The spacing between attacks changes wildly however.
>>
>>344589781
>He thinks all bosses should just be reskins
Thats literally the point of the game. Its all boss fights why would they be the same? It's not even trial and error you just dodge and parry attacks. I beat the first two bosses and the fourth on my first try.
>>
It isn't enjoyable to me. I don't understand the demographic.

I love the "melee" parts of it, and can even stand the "ranged" parts, but I absolutely fucking hate the bullet hell segments.
>>
on the beam bitch, is there a easier way to survive her bullet hell when shes down to one box of life?
>>
>>344590114
On the edge I got to the final phase on my first try, and he is all about switching up timing on you. The white flash ALWAYS indicates when to parry and if it didnt then I wouldnt have been able to get that far without memorizing his moves.
>>
>>344590481
Stay behind pillars.

Charge your dodge a lot to guarantee you'll dodge the lasers.
>>
>>344590481
nevermind fucked her up

she gets me hard
>>
File: 1422077669217.jpg (470 KB, 600x878) Image search: [Google]
1422077669217.jpg
470 KB, 600x878
>get the game for free on PS+
>decide I want to play it on PC
>pirate the Steam one and play through it on there
>end up buying it on Steam after that
>uninstall the pirated one and install the purchased one
>achievements won't unlock no matter what I try to do
God fucking damn it.
>>
>>344590391
wouldn't the demographic be those who like all of those?

a game doesn't have to conform to solely one genre.
>>
File: dis.gif (269 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dis.gif
269 KB, 500x500
>>344567001
I really don't like it.

It has the same problems hyperlight drifter had, there is almost no story to the game whatsoever.
I need motivation to fight against bosses, otherwise there is no point in doing so.
Just playing a game because it's difficult is not really a motivation for me.
Plus the fact that the "down" times between bosses is the single most boring shit I've every played doesn't really help the game.

Oh and 25 bux is heavily overpriced.

But I guess this panders to the same people that liked HLD, DS3 or TBOI. Not my cup of tea though.

Beat 4 bosses, found out the game has 10, quit, got my money back.
>>
second "boss" music is fucking great

love games with good OST
>>
>>344590726
any reason why it is not showing up on ps+ free games? all i see on the front is paragon shit and gat out of hell

>>344590764
L2 on the pad does walking for you
>>
File: 1463373073458.gif (400 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1463373073458.gif
400 KB, 500x367
>>344590764
It's an arcade game you dingus. If anything it has more story than it should.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-10+at+08.26.36).jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-10+at+08.26.36).jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
So has anyone figured this out yet? I know 7 is the rabbit. But there's no hint towards an 11th boss anywhere in the game. It also doesn't unlock when you attack the Earth, so I really have no clue what it's supposed to be or mean.
>>
Does Speedrun mode skip the walking parts? And can you use the mode for the S rank trophies?

Walking sessions are fine the first or second time you play, but they're just annoying now. Having to press X and wait until the next fight.
>>
Guys how do i beat The Scale? I always die during his final phase. That shit is too much.
>>
>>344590764
Probably bait and/or sour grapes but I actually agree in some ways. Normally I don't like games that are "difficult for difficulty's sake" especially DS. But something about this game really appealed to me. I love the environments, I love the soundtrack, I even love the sparse story, though I think it could be fleshed out significantly while still maintaining the "aura of mystique." Honestly I like the design alone enough that the walking segments were actually some of my favorite in the game and I have a hard time comprehending how so many people complain about them. I guess this is how DS fans feel when people shit on that?
>>
>>344591231
Idk if it's just shitting but I remember someone in a previous thread saying the numbers actually correspond to chapters, not bosses. So Chapter 11 is the planet and 12 is The Star
>>
>>344591540
Walking parts are neat but no sane person wants to see them over and over and over again.
>>
>>344587190
>kbm is not limited
>can't play the game because of the limits of kbm
>>
>>344591686
That would make the most sense. Just odd how they handled that.
>>
>>344591737
>over and over

But when does that happen though? You don't have to redo the walking sections if you die to the boss. At most you only ever have to do them two/three times; three times for the first couple bosses if you have to restart after The Song alternate end.
>>
what the fuck do i do phase 2 of old man?
>>
>>344585718
Actually the mouse is better for some of the bosses when they rely on using the gun. the autoaim on gamepad doesnt help to much when those fuckers dont like standing still
>>
File: 1467714118065.jpg (6 KB, 186x195) Image search: [Google]
1467714118065.jpg
6 KB, 186x195
man, if they wanted samurai guy to legitimately seem encouraging and paternal, they should've told the VA to go for that instead of condescension

also >mfw the final boss just seems to be the worst of the shitty pseudo-bullet-hell the game constantly forces on you

great.
>>
>>344592169
Also for the (apparently) <2% of people who enjoy the story/walking sections, you can often get extra exposition if you walk backwards/around the arena after a bossfight. I recommend doing this on furier because the dialogue has the most impact/makes the most sense once you've already experienced the endgame stuff.
>>
>>344592169
Multiple runs on different difficulties?
>>
>>344592245
anyone? i notice shooting the pillar hes on activates that lightning cone shit

but just dodging for minutes nothing changes
>>
>>344592584
Keep shooting it. It'll gradually change colours to indicate how low on health it is
>>
>>344585470
You didn't understand his love and madness theme, he does say that he wishes this could be done without killing the guardians, and the star straight up tells you they can just send more to fuck up the earth. Trapping the rider was just plugging the leak with your finger and hoping the rest of the water goes away. If he wanted you so pissed off as to ignore the reasonable and sympathetic bosses, then why was he glad you hesitated before killing the song? Killing them had to be done, but he wanted you to regret it.
>>
>>344592696
fuck

his first phase is so tedious
>>
>>344592584
>Hitting the pillar does something
>Not hitting the pillar does nothing
You really cant figure out what to do?
>>
>>344592765
He was glad you hesitated because he doesn't want you to fuck everything up like a psycho after youre free.
>>
>rebind dodge to a mouse thumb button
>rebind parry to spacebar
the game is suddenly 100x easier
>>
>>344593337
>playing this game kbm

yeesh; it's honestly not the best method of control for everything, anon.
>>
>>344591231
#11 is the free world. I have no idea why though.
>>
>>344591285
Yes it skips straight to the bosses. No you cant use it for the trophies, but there are 2 trophies linked to it.
>>
>>344593547
because you have the option to quit the game after the credits (deepest lore)
>>
so just use charged shots for first phase of old man?
>>
>>344591285
walking yes
trophies i dont think so
>>
>>344593978
Yes, also you can shoot the bullets to clear them out. 2 fully charged bullets destroys 1 shield.
>>
File: fuckyogreenass.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuckyogreenass.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
Furier, stuck on this guy
A pushover in Furi, but his final phase in Furier is insane
I can only make 50% of those angled dodges, before the green waffle shitshow begins
>>
>>344592485
Talking about jetpack girl or cortana?
>>
>Most telegraphed attacks in all of video games
>Restart at last boss phase when you die
>Three lives
>Get a full restore and a life after beating a boss phase
>Can cancel anything into parry/dodge
>Parry restores health
>Babby's first bullet hell segments
>calling this game too hard and bad because of it
lel
>>
>>344594127
oh shit didn't know that thanks

this guy is a damn casual filter. fuckin bullet hells are games i just suck at since it requires me to focus so fuckin much

like i dont know if ishould just naturally move around while lookin at where the bullets are shootin out from or concentrate on my character
>>
>>344593064
Exactly he's trying to change you so that you hopefully save the planet instead of assimilating it
>>
>>344594127
or just stand still and hold down laser pistol rapid fire

your own shots will clear out the reflected shots, and just listen for the ground wave attack, dodge to the side, and continue shooting
>>
File: 1451939726187.png (19 KB, 214x201) Image search: [Google]
1451939726187.png
19 KB, 214x201
>>344567001
>optional ending
EXPLAIN ANON
>>
>>344586110
This
h
i
s
>>
>Charged shot on True Final Boss

This just became a fucking breeze
>>
>>344568367

Never in all of the positives I was looking for in this game did I ever think anyone could think this dialogue is 'epic'. Amazing
>>
>>344594292
cortana; i was not a fan of the shit that song+line forced on you. bullet hell games work because you have a 100% top-down perspective, and you know the exact bounds of your hitbox.
>>
>>344594353
Focus on your character and not getting hit. He's not going anywhere.
I honestly didn't know the line was so much of a problem for people until I came online
>>
>trying to dodge, parry, charge shot, and move in the last few phases of The Star

Why the FUCK isn't L1 or L2 charged shot?
>>
>>344594538
I forgot you could charge shot during that one boss for some reason.
>>
>>344594658
game is still a blast. i loved geometry wars and robotron 64 so twin stick shooters are a blast. on top of action hack n slash mechanics makes it great

wish between bosses there was some sort of filler enemies to just slash and shit
>>
So are they gonna do DLC? I wanna fight the rabbit.
>>
>>344595263
I agree the game is fantastic, Filler enemies would make the game a bit longer, which I'm alright with. Oh well. Hopefully Game Bakers continue making games as good as this one.
>>
>>344595462
The Rabbit is your friend you monster and probably not much of a fighter.
>>
>>344594580
That's a good point, especially towards the corners things got a bit hard to discern
>>
So who does the rabbit kill? And what does he kill them?

I feel like he was hiding something by taking them out before you got there.
>>
The Rabbit is literally voiced by the old man in acapella box. Seriously, try this shit.

https://acapela-box.com/AcaBox/index.php
>>
>>344595641
he defeated Number 7: The Architect on his own though

so he's at least some what of a good fighter
>>
>>344595951
I believe that he's lying. That was his room.
>>
Yeah l1 being a charged shot deafulting to straight ahead of you would have been really nice.
>>
>>344594463
Don't leave after you talk with The Song (the lady right after the knight)
>>
>>344596113

Pretty sure he -is- The Architect, anon
>>
>>344596113
He is the architect, He outright tells you That he built, or at least helped build the place.
Atleast thats how I perceived it
>>
>>344594132
Try shooting the green lines with the chargeshot when he starts spawning them. You can actually stop them before they cover the whole area. Even if you only get one it'll still give you a ton more space to work with.
>>
>>344596208
holy shit
>>
>game is quite hard
>disable the voices
>suddenly is WAY easier to parry
Also fuck The Song.
>>
Anyone got tips for the Star?
>>
>>344596403
Charged shot
>>
>>344596403
Pay attention to your character, learn the patterns, And charge your shots. Know when to shoot and when to wait it out
>>
Got it yesterday. At the 2nd boss (weird girl). I'm loving this game. But shit's hard as fuck. In a fun and challenging way.
>>
ok i have a huge gripe on the camera angle during close encounters

never position the boss on top

this old man fight is pissing me off now, camera zooms in too much
>>
>>344597000
the camera during the fight with The Scale (sickly green) moves around like a bitch each time he surfaces up in a different location and that fucks up with my cursor location and makes dodging almost impossible
>>
>>344597513
>playing with M+KB
>not using directional dodging
>>
is sound really important? because i'm half listening while watchin a stream
>>
>>344598219
Its not unplayable without sound, but I suggest it. Mostly so you can listen for parries but also the OST is fantastic
>>
>>344598219
Only a little for parrying, but you could do without it. The music isn't that great.
>>
>>344598495
>>344598434
the thing is its hard to really enjoy the music when theres tons of shit going on
>>
File: 1286305854470.jpg (16 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1286305854470.jpg
16 KB, 480x300
>>344598495
>The music isn't that great
Always that one faggot.
>>
>>344598568
I suppose so.
Thats why I bought the OST
>>
I S ranked story furi now, so I'm gonna play furier and get good
>>
FUCK YOU GUYS WHO GOT PASSED OLD MAN

FUCK THIS GUY FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
File: ;D.gif (296 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
;D.gif
296 KB, 800x500
Is there anyway to change graphic settings? I feel like I could get it running at a much better framerate on my toaster if I could turn a few things off or lower the quality of it.
>>
>>344599107
Who the fuck is old man? The knight? Headphones dhalsim? The samurai?
>>
>>344599113
PC settings are trash. There's only 'fast' and 'beautiful' aside from resolution tinkering.
>>
>>344599148

dark blue - The Chain

pink - The Strap

brown - The Line

green - The Scale

light green - The Hand

light blue - The Song

light purple - The Architect

purple - The Burst

red - The Edge

white - The Beat

???? - ????

he's talking about The Line
>>
>>344599148
HEADPHONES FUCK
finally got passed second phase though
>>
Just beat Furi mode. Really really good game. Soundtrack is amazing
>>
>>344585065
Update: Big Blue Bae took 5

Is this one of those games where everyone finds different bosses hard?
>>
>>344599852
Apparently. Also how many deaths on Angelface?
>>
>>344599852
Most people find the line, burst and star difficult. But there's variation, like>>344594132
>>
>>344599745
Music from The Star/Final boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1UqObbpLo

0:50 makes me frisson the fuck out
>>
i feel like i have to play perfectly when i'm fighting the line. like gettin hit by a shockwave or lightning cone is instant two bars while a ball pellet does half to one bar

but then the close encounters are fuckin something else. i dunno if i really need sound queues because he attacks so fucking fast

i would have it down compared to the laser bitch, but i rarely get to close combat against him because of the bullshit bullet hell before then
>>
>>344600504
You'll get it friend, don't give up
>>
I love this game, but how the hell do I start killing things faster? I'm on Furier, and I understand how boost hits work, but how do I work them into my arsenal?

I want to go fast, and bullets and sword too slow
>>
>>344601502
i didn't realize you can get health pickups on phase 2 according to this video i'm watching

what the fuck is that only on furi difficulty?
>>
Oh shit, I didn't realize this was out already
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.