[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demon's Souls thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 7
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
So the Dragon Long Sword I got in 2-2 is still the best weapon I have by a mile, should I just upgrade this all the way since it's already Dragon and investing in another weapon is too much effort?
>>
>>344556396
Sure
>>
>>344556396
Yeah why not
>>
>>344556396
whatever floats your boat man
>>
I guess so...
>>
4-1 is the best level prove me wrong faggots
>>
Dragon longsword is great, I switched up to dragon knight sword since it has the same moveset but better stats. Longsword can carry you to end game easy though, besides flamelurker...1
>>
>>344557025
Sorry, meant 5-3*
>>
The game feels balanced around clearing it with either the dragon longsword, blessed mace or crescent falchion you find.

I'm still unsure whether I think that's good design or not. It kills progression because having a fully maxed weapon feels like easy mode, but at the same time it allows it to be more flexible.
>>
Clip up the hill at the start of 4-1 to get the Crescent Falchion, win the game easily.
>>
>>344557025
Maybe later.
>>
>>344557162
>5-3
>level
>basically just a boss arena
Shit taste tbqh familia
>>
>>344557162
>Liking that shithole valley of defilement
The fact you cant roll in the swamp is bullshit. Especially when the black phantoms can.
>>
Favorite weapon was halberd.
>>
>>344556396
You can use any weapon you like in demons souls
Theyre all pretty good

I ran a rank-and-file-soldier build using that dragon longsword
It does a lot of damage and the combo attacks you can do are fast
>>
Fiery Longsword upgraded is easy mode, you should try that sometime.
>>
>>344557025
>walk up
>roll to left
>run into building
>roll off stairs
>walk on ledge
>run down stairs
>abjudicator

wow such a great level anon! :3
>>
>>344556550
>>344556824
>>344556920
OP here

Expected a lot of "Fucking faggot git gud >he didn't beat the game naked with only a Broken Hilt +0" type replies. Is that only a Dark Souls fans thing?
>>
>>344557605
>Meme souls

Next question?
>>
>>344557605
PC Dark Souls fans thing*
>>
>>344557605
It's a shitposter thing. Most of the community is actually alright.
>>
>>344557605
Thats because demons souls isnt on PC

Dark souls threads were pretty helpful and comfy before the pc community were able to join in
>>
>>344557605
That's only /v/tards trying to be cool with vee culture and all them epic maymays
>>
>>344557605
>"Is that only a Dark Souls fans thing?"

No, it's just a faggot thing. There's unfortunately a lot of faggots.
>>
File: 118.jpg (54 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
54 KB, 1000x1000
>>344557025
Hmm, I'm not sure I can.
>>
Stormruler was a pretty cool sword.
>>
>>344557025
1-3, 3-1 and 4-2 were my favorite levels.
>>
File: Reaction-pic-Crying-meme[1].jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic-Crying-meme[1].jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>No 60fps 4K remaster
>No PC port
>No PS4 port
>no restored arch stone
>>
>>344557829
It's so easy to overcome those once you get a hang of their moveset, it just becomes trivial.

But then again the same can be said about pretty much all of Demon's Souls, I remember using a bow to cheese just about every boss battle before I got a hang of the game.
>>
>>344557586
>Not using it as a desinated fight club for epic duels
Lmao fucking faggot do you even red eye stone?
>>
>>344557586
>a level is bad because you glitch to skip it
>>
>>344557976
>you will never be able to play the cut content of a wintery castle filled with sexy beastmen
>>
>>344557605
The only thing that evokes that response is the Drake Sword. Though the crescent falchion in 4-1 or using spells to make the game easier are both looked down upon.
>>
The Dragon Longsword is good because a lot of things are weak to fire. But, it doesn't scale, meaning that if your damage is ever unsatisfactory, you have to deal with it, because it can't get any better than how much you can upgrade it. It's a similar case to the Drake Sword, except the Dragon Longsword is a better weapon because of the moveset.
>>
>>344557976

never EVER
>>
>>344558173
I dunno, if you're good enough to kill those 4-5 rolling skellies with your shit-ass beginner weapon, you've earned the Crescent Falchion +1 imo.

The reason the Drake Sword is looked down upon is because it's so easy to get; just sit in a safe spot and snipe the dragon's tail for 10 minutes.
>>
>>344558180
The drake sword becomes terrible once you reach zombie vagina dragon though
The game forces you to get a better weapon and upgrade it

With Dragon longsword, you can get that to max and it will still be an amazing weapon against endgame bosses
>>
>>344557976

it's because of people like you that the industry is stagnated with jew "remasters" instead of new games.

If you want to play Demon's Souls, just play the damn game, stop whining for unnecessary "updated" ports, fucking tool.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 742x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 742x540
>>344557025
NO. world 4 is hell for the unlucky
>>
>>344558324
The crescent falchion is easy to get. You can literally throw soul remains to lure the skeletons, you can just purchase firebombs, you can cheese them with arrows or you can even just smash yourself against a brick wall until it breaks by attempting to run past them over and over.
>>
>>344558407
Not him but games like the Souls series which have online tightly integrated into single player gameplay and not as a wholly separate mode benefit a lot from some sort of 'revival'.

I mean, good luck getting summons/summoned in DeS or DaS in 2016.
>>
>>344558552

There's a spike in new players when ever there's a steam sale.
>>
>>344558552
>DeS/DaS remasters
>twinking is completely removed
>scraping spear removed
>>
>Replaying demons souls for the 10th time
>Finally learn that you're supposed to run back down the hallway for flame spider when its charging its super attack
>Used to just shield block through it all with timed stamina regen during the attack

>Still dont know the secret of killing flamefucker easily
>>
>>344558747
>>Still dont know the secret of killing flamefucker easily
thief ring
projectiles/magic
>>
>>344558552

Set up a thread on /v/ or something, there's always people willing to play.

Anyway, Souls pvp is terrible.
>>
>>344558359
The Drake Sword is good up until Sen's Fortress where 200 AR starts to be piddly. You could play around the low damage, you could buy a Crystal weapon from Dohmnall, but at Sen's it stops.

As for the Dragon Longsword, it will not help you against Flamefucker.

>>344558407
There's more to a remaster than graphix, anon. It means a rejuvinated playerbase, some rebalancing, bug fixing, maybe some content that was previously cut. A Demon's Souls rerelease would be better than the current game, failing only in the fact that the remaster wasn't the game that spawned the rest of the Souls series and only the PS3 Demon's Souls could ever do that.
>>
>>344558912

Then release a new game altogether instead of a rehash with a new hat, although we already have enough Souls to begin with.

But whatever, you fromdrones will engulf the same game over and over.
>>
>>344558552
playing online in DeS is fucking retarded. If you want all world tendency stuff you need to play offline. Online is only good for character tendency.
>>
>>344558061
That's not a glitch, that's a legitimate path you take to make the level quicker. I still like it though.

>>344557025
>Not 3-1 or 1-3
Pleb
>>
Can we at all agree that World Tendency is the dumbest fucking system ever? You can argue that the concept is good at best but the implementation is SHIT.

>WT only significantly increases by killing bosses... which makes you human
>dying while human negates the WT bonus you got from killing bosses
This means the game is fucking encouraging you to commit suicide in the Nexus every time if you want White WT.
>if you happen to not be aware of how it works, you will keep using Stone of Ephemral Eyes to become human and gain your HP back to tackle the game's harder sections, and each time you die the WT becomes blacker

Who the fuck thought the way it works was a good idea?
>>
>>344559341
>shitter who have max hp get punished for dying
dont see the problem here
>>
>>344559256
Pretty sure rolling off the stairs to the ledge and then simply dropping down to adjudicator fog wall is a glitch.
>>
>>344559648
An oversight, not a glitch
>>
>>344559634
but its nots fine when dark souls 2 does it!
>>
>Just snipe Adjudictor's ugly face with my bow

I've done this every time. How are you supposed to fight him? You can't reach his weak spot.
>>
>>344559341
Tendency is awful.
>play online
>tendency doesn't matter since it's reset to world average
>kill flamelurker? Better not turn off your console and go straight to dragon king otherwise no bone smasher for you (if you're playing online)

Also deters online play, since everybody merely kills themselves in the nexus after killing a boss, so a lot less invading.

DeS is flawed with a lot of bad mechanics though, item burden for a start. The first time you come across brushwood armour, good fucking luck with that.
And grass. Having potentially 99 of like 5 different types of healing items is overkill.
>>
>>344559705
Regardless of what you like to consider it, it doesn't change the fact it was completely unintentional for the player to finish the level that way. So stating a level is poor simply because you abuse something that wasn't intended, is retarded.
>>
>>344559858
his left knee
>>
>>344559887
>DeS is flawed with a lot of bad mechanics though, item burden for a start.

When will this meme end?

You go through the Nexus every time you want to travel. So you just dump your shit with stockpile Thomas. The menu is really simple (way better than Dark Souls, which shows you your entire inventory) and can be done in seconds. The only problem is items picked up won't stay after you leave. It's only a real issue for heavy armors.

All it does is force you to say 1: Do I need this shit? 2. I should limit my inventory to only what I need. It's a superior system to the Dark Souls carry everything.
>>
>>344559020
>we already have enough Souls to begin with
Who is this "we"? Yes, From Soft will benefit from doing something new and exciting, I'd love some more Armored Core, but I'm still in the mood for Souls games. Demon's Souls, the criminally underfunded cult hit B-Movie of the Souls games, deserves a remaster with From's current ability to make it. That, and some expanded content on places where NPCs are from, like Astora, Carim, and places like that, is all I want to see from the Souls series in its current scheme. So, who is this group you're saying we're both a part of that says we're done with Souls games? Not a fan of the series, if "fromdrones" is a tell.

>>344559858
The Adjudicator broke his knife in the very tiny room, and the tip is in his side. If you cut his side open (his belly is too fat to actually make any hit connect on), you don't deal damage, but you make the adjudicator fall down and make you able to melee the golden bird.
>>
>>344559982
It is a poor level though, nostalgic pvp fag.
>>
>>344560323
Aside from the exploit its a great level faggot.
>>
>>344560179
Stating what you need to do to avoid item burden doesn't suddenly make it ok. It's a shit system. Especially if you use weapons that are generally heavy or come across many stones throughout a level.

Not to mention arrows and grass have fucking weight. The system is shit, if calling it a "meme" is essential for you to feel better about it, then that's pretty sad.
>>
>>344560650
>no other shortcut
>have to run through 50 mobs and hope you don't die on the way
>>
>>344560774

>forcing players to think strategically about their weapons, items is bad
>>
>>344560878
>no other shortcut
Comfirmed for never having played it
>>
>>344560650
>Aside from
Never used it myself but the exploit makes the level better. Obscure sequence breaking is always a good thing, look at any Metroid game. Hell it's the reason GDQ exists.
>>
>use bows
>Go STicky path since it's the best
>Spider stones are super rare

Pick the wrong upgrade path and bam, you're stuck not being able to upgrade anything.
>>
>>344560878
>No other shortcut
You can bypass the Vanguard by going through an underground tunnel, dodging a trap and hitting an illusory wall.
You can bypass the trap before the cliffside area by climbing the ladder and rolling down onto the ledge just after it, perhaps after shooting some of those manta rays before they can be a problem.
Some people can roll onto the cliff with the Crescent Falchion, skipping opening a fogwall.
>>
>>344560974
Why not have a hunger/sleep mechanic so people can think strategically about their character's health? Why not inhibit visibility when wearing helmets so as to force players to think strategically about their choice of defence? Because "thinking strategically" doesn't stop it being a shit gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>344560974
>Shove all extra weapons and armor in the bank
>Carry around 200 healing items and 100 arrows

Wow, very strategic system. Definitely not something that only comes into play if you're a complete retard who never uses the bank or someone who happens to pick up an armor set that's too heavy in the middle of a level.
>>
>>344560650
The """"exploit"""" makes the level infinitely better.

>tfw neo/v/ calls shortcuts "exploits" now
what a joke
>>
>>344557025
>best
>not Latria
>>
>>344561420
from stated that the "shortcut" wasn't intended. wouldn't call it an exploit either, but it's certainly no shortcut. a sequence break at best
>>
>>344560974

Item burden doesn't work in a game like Demon's Souls because you'll never have more than 2 or 3 upgraded weapons at a time. The only time it comes into play is when you have to pick up the Brushwood Set. Tower Shield, and 2-1/2-2, and at that point it feels more like a chore than anything else. There's no strategy to it since grass and spices have virtually no weight, to the point where you'll reach the 99 cap long before the weight becomes an issue.
>>
>>344561552
>from stated that the "shortcut" wasn't intended
post source or blow it out your ass
>>
>>344561280
>think strategically about their character's health
The choice of going human or not and how much Vitality they choose to invest over other stats.
>think strategically about their choice of defense
Equip burden slows you down if you're carrying too much, forcing people to weigh the ability to roll over increased defense/attack output.

But surely these are bad mechanics and should be removed from future Souls games.
>>
>>344559341
I remember killing bosses and going straight to the nexus to suicide so I could keep my world tendency for trophies.

Felt really inorganic, couldn't have grasped the thing unless I read about it online.
>>
>>344561794
They're not the mechanics I mentioned. Replacing them with others bolster your argument. The mere fact it hasn't been in a souls game since is proof enough it was a shit mechanic. The fact you consider it a meme to consider it bad because you see the complaint so often is proof it was a shit mechanic.
>>
>weapon requires a colorless demon soul.

Good fucking luck getting one of those.
>>
>>344562175
Just get pure black tendency and kill the demons that appear in the levels.
>>
>>344561640

So instead of improving it, ditch it entirely?

How I'd improve it:

>Estus flasks only healing items
>reduce item capacity
>items do not go away ever if you're maxed out

Done.
>>
>>344561675
ok, my source isn't the best one I guess, since HE doesn't give source, but it's what I was told. and yet i have no reason to question his credibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLItPEpkK7A somewhere in the vid. when he uses the skip, he's talking about it a bit
>>
>>344562369
>So instead of improving it, ditch it entirely?
>>
>>344562545
So there is no source, and that video isn't credible either.
So it's not "not intended"
We're done here.
>>
File: 1447156133902.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
1447156133902.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
OP here.

Currently trying to do Valley of Defilement 2.

Kill me now. This is ten times worse than Blighttown.
>>
>>344562148
Those mechanics you "suggested" were said only because they bolster YOUR argument. You're inconsistent in your argument.
>>
>>344562369

There's no way to improve item burden in a game like Demon's Souls without heavily changing the burden system or the base gameplay of DeS. The best system would be to implement arbitrary limitations on consumables and equipment, like Bloodborne, and just send any extra items to the inventory.
>>
>>344562673
not saying believe every word, but on the other hand, why would he make all that shit about the interview and stuff up?
>>
>>344562683

Oh it fucking is. You can't roll or anything like in Dark Souls. I gave up on my second play through at 5-2.

Just do yourself a favor. Look up the stage, and see if there's any items you want. If you are not interested in any, just go around the edge until you get to the end and skip most of the level.

There's a Red Phantom out there waiting for you. Of course she can roll but you can't.
>>
>>344559341
The only problem I had with world tendency was that the easiest way to black tendency was dying. I think it would have worked better if it was only tied to actions you did to others: kill demons and black phantoms to push it towards light; kill npcs and players to push it towards black; and making dying just push it towards neutral.
>>
>>344562673
you have no proof of it being intended either, mate. our to use your words: "source or blow it out your ass"
>>
>Short and Long Composite bows have high strength requirements
>Longbow has low strength requirements
>exact opposite in reality
>>
>>344562750
They were suggested because they show how stupid it'd be to implement a mechanic only on the basis that "it makes you think strategically about X", which is literally the only praise you've given item burden. Regardless of any genuine criticism of the mechanic in question.

Are you incapable of understanding this?
>>
>>344558552
>games like the Souls series which have online tightly integrated into single player gameplay and not as a wholly separate mode benefit a lot from some sort of 'revival'.

Woolie is gonna stream it tonight. You should play it tonight at 5:00 PM and get free invasions.
>>
>>344563049
I though composite bows were supposed to be very hard to draw, because they are designed to absorb the energy of a much larger bow in a smaller frame.
>>
>>344563262
used to be true. modern ones can be used by toddlers thanks to several winds
>>
>>344562987
I'm not the one who claimed it wasn't intended retard. Until From says otherwise, it's a valid shortcut.
>>
>>344563049

>From turned Composite bows into high damage short range bows for no reason
>>
>>344562683
It's a slog, but listen. Do you have an Adjudicator's Shield? Are you okay with having a shield on your back all day? Are you cool with dedicating a ring slot to make your suffering a little less?
Put on the Adjudicator's Shield and the Regenerating Ring. It will help circumvent the poison, at the cost of not being what you want.

>>344563102
What items you have on your person in Demon's Souls is part of your build. Carrying lots of Turpentine or Sticky White Stuff means you have lots of buffs. Having 30 pounds of grass in your inventory means you can heal all day. Having things in your inventory that you're not using is literally weighing down your character. Just because you're a pack rat who doesn't use all those 99 buffs in your bag doesn't mean they aren't at your disposal as is the bow, the wand, and the giant tornado turban.
>>
>>344563585
again with insults. what is your problem, man i'm trying to have a discussion here. would be right with you if it were door or an elevator like the rest of all shortcuts, but since it's not I can assume it wasn't intentional, just like you assume it was. no proof for either side. good night
>>
>>344563692
>What items you have on your person in Demon's Souls is part of your build
If you have a retarded, idealised idea of it.
The only time item burden ever comes into play is when it's an inconvenience.
Want to pick up this heavy armour you didn't expect to come across? Too bad.
Want to switch weapons/armour on the fly for PvP? Go back to the nexus.
Discover that your current weapons are ineffective against particular enemies or would prefer to use a bow? Go back to the nexus.
Want to farm stones? Better expect to keep heading back to the nexus.

It's a shit gameplay mechanic. The cons far outweigh the "pros" that you suggest.
>>
>>344558492
If it did get a remake would you want it to make the drop rates a little more lenient or would it ruin the experience?
>>
>>344562175
>not trading a talisman of god with sparkly who in return, gives you a colorless demon soul and then duping it
>>
>>344558529
You forgot the fact that they're easy as hell in general.
>>
>>344559341
It would have been alright if the invasion system was more active and fleshed out back then, but yeah ultimately it was a great idea with retarded execution. This seems to happen a lot in Soulsborne, but instead of learning from what went wrong with it to make it better in later games they just seem to give up on them entirely (World Tendency, Gravelording, Chalice Dungeons won't ever make a comeback, etc.)
>>
>>344565961
The problem was From assumed people would invade as a means to regain humanity. They didn't foresee people just remaining in soul form and not giving a shit about being human.
>>
>>344564514
>If you have a retarded, idealised idea of it
In Dark Souls 2, this was the strongest case of all; people fucking loved to buff. Everyone always ate grass before a fight, but in DaS2 people always had a resin for every occasion. Items are part of your character's build to this day, it's that only in Demon's Souls was there ever any actual consideration for this concept.
>The only time item burden comes into play is when it's an inconvenience
Is that not the same for Equip burden? Equip Load defines what your character can actually use conveniently, if you care at all for convenience. By disregarding this convenience, you suffer for it, i.e. fatrolling, or having a very limited looting space in your inventory. By neglecting managing your inventory as you would manage your character, you suffer for it as hard as fatrolling, except unlike Equip Load where it penalizes you on a moment to moment time scale, Item Burden affects you in the long run.

Did you play Skyrim? Or Stalker, or any RPG with an encumberment system? You suffer GINORMOUSLY for having more than a couple weapons, some clothes, and lots of stuff you don't need. Bad item management impacts your ability to play the game in those games. Why should it not in Demon's Souls? Is it not an RPG? Does it not deserve the careful planning, with the word "careful" being a stretch in some cases, into what your character carries and is able to use for what comes ahead? Mind you, Demon's Souls is pretty much 3D Megaman, you can see the bosses coming from a mile away and can prepare for it just looking around the level.

Also.
>Farming for stones without going back to the nexus
Explain to me this process of getting enemies to respawn without going back to the Nexus. Or better yet, go back to playing DaS3 on PC, because you are so grossly unfamiliar with Demon's Souls I doubt you ever played it.
>>
>>344558407
>If you want to play Demon's Souls, just play the damn game
Yeah but like, I/my ps4/my PC are in one room and my PS3 is in another room. I'd rather just buy a remaster so I don't have to walk into a different room to play it.
>>
>>344566717
Equip burden is in place for the sake of balance. Fat rolling certainly isn't on par with having to run all the way back to the nexus and go through inventory management when the need arises. It also implements speed/defence choices. A choice that can be changed on the fly if you decide. Unlike item burden, which has no benefits (unlike the defence mentioned above for heavy armour)

Though even equip load in Demon's Souls is a flawed mechanic, given that poise is generally the reason why heavy armour became useful with Dark Souls.

>Explain to me this process of getting enemies to respawn without going back to the Nexus.
By purposefully dying.
Idiot.

Perhaps you should go back to playing DaS3 on PC xD
>>
>>344556396
if you do dragon long sword dont upgrade dex or strength any more than you have so far.
pump vitality and endurance and youre good to go if you dont do any magic
>>
>>344567569
>Item burden has no benefits
For the low weight of 9.9 pounds, you can have a 99 Black Grass/Divine Blessings. This is versus not having them, where you DON'T have them and someone else might
You can also carry a bow, a bigger sword, and a particularly large piece of headgear which boosts spells in your bag for you to swap to, like how you suggested when you said "man I wish I had a bow." That's the benefit of having high Item Burden, the ability to change your equipment mid-journey, at the cost of "if I succumb to my kleptomaniac desires I won't be able to pick up the cool stuff."

>purposefully dying to grind for ores
That's a new one. I know it's suffering farming Pure Bladestone, but Jesus, I have never heard of anyone using suicide to farm.
There are three things wrong with this method.
One, by farming an item, you are farming souls from killing things too. Dying jeopardizes these souls, on the off chance you are killed.
Two, there's a miracle and an item that sends you back to the nexus. It's useful for leaving a level quickly. They are also useful because they brings you back to the Nexus in case you wanted to do the smart thing and MANAGE YOUR FUCKING INVENTORY.
Three, as I've said before, if you neglect to manage your inventory, you might not have the fucking item burden to pick up that fucking Pure Bladestone when it actually drops.

I'm not going to say "you're playing it wrong," but what the fuck are you doing?
>>
File: DeS.jpg (250 KB, 1916x2008) Image search: [Google]
DeS.jpg
250 KB, 1916x2008
>>344569667
>implying teleporting to the nexus is quicker than dying
>implying souls matter when you can simply farm rays in 4-3
>implying bladestone (or stones in general) is the only thing requiring farming and thus the only thing to suicide run during

Sounds like you've never played the fucking game yourself.

Item burden has nothing to do with balance. Nobody during PvP would have any problems with using grass, buffs, or anything else. As I've previously mentioned here: >>344564514
The cons far outweigh the pros of item burden, which can only very subjectively even be considered pros.

Item burden serves as nothing but a mechanic that slows down the pacing of the game at best and becomes a huge chore at worst.
It being removed and the majority criticizing it is clear evidence of its shortcomings. It's not hard to see why you're in the minority with your terrible arguments for it.
>>
File: DeS.jpg (222 KB, 1916x2008) Image search: [Google]
DeS.jpg
222 KB, 1916x2008
>>344570945
Sorry, wrong image.
>>
>>344569667
The correcto way of framing puré blafestorm is running to him , killing him,and throw yourself into the cliff, optionally you can kill the reaper for more souls, you don't lose your souls, unless you die to the black skelly
>>
>>344569667
you can farm shit and then pick up your blood stain each run to accumulate souls you know.
git gud
>>
>>344571146
First time autocorrect fucks me so hard
>>
>>344556396
Continue clearing World 2.
Beat Dragon God with Pure White Tendency.
Get Dragon Bone Smasher
Smash EVERYTHING in the game.
>>
>>344572153
Provided you do it before turning your system off. Otherwise the tendency resets if you're online.
>>
>>344572247
I was fortunate enough to be playing offline at the time.
I never did find any more Colorless Demon Souls aside from the one in 1-1.
>>
>>344556396
Dozer Axe is incredibly easy to make and will get you through the whole game without hassle.

You just need a Vanguard soul which can be exploited with magic in 4-1 for a free kill. You can also kill him legitimately too, but then again, you're not playing the right game for legitimate kills.
>>
How weak to magic melee damage were enemies in this game? Thought about rolling a new build again.
>>
>>344570945
Teleporting to the nexus isn't quicker than dying, it's more economical, but if you weren't caring about economics, couldn't you just drop all the unwanted ores when you're farming? Why do you need to farm ores until you hit your item burden? Thomas' inventory holds them so you don't have to carry them around to upgrade shit, you know. You don't need literal dead weight in your inventory. This is why you have problems.
You talk about rookie mistakes a few posts earlier, like picking up Brushwood for the first time, and now you're talking about "oh you could just farm souls in 4-3 so they don't matter." As if a new player wouldn't benefit from those souls? You're talking about a person with varying degrees of familiarity with the game that simply does not exist.
What other items that you would farm that would be faster to die and respawn at the beginning of the level and run all the way over to what you need to kill to farm it than, say, return to the nexus, start at the next archstone, and run back? For the latter method, I can think of Pure Heavystone and Pure Blessed Stone. What, are you saying you actually ran into the dragon fire in 1-2 after farming the Phalanx monsters?

Item burden should have been a mechanic that was expanded upon, made into something better, worked with, instead of just removed. It deserves to be in the game to stamp out the bad habit of keeping items in your inventory that you'll never use.
>>
>>344575138
>>344575138
>Item burden should have been a mechanic that was expanded upon, made into something better, worked with, instead of just removed. It deserves to be in the game to stamp out the bad habit of keeping items in your inventory that you'll never use.

Yeah.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.