[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the saltiest you've gotten over Mario Kart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1200x627
What was the saltiest you've gotten over Mario Kart?
>>
>>344556115
I was in 5th place and the 4th place driver threw a red shell behind him. Turned off the Wii U immediately.
>>
i never lose
>>
>>344556276
>Not embracing the bullying
For real though that's pretty gay I agree with you
>>
File: FUCKING WHY.png (184 KB, 497x498) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING WHY.png
184 KB, 497x498
>>344556115
Realizing I bought the DLC to make up for Buyers remorse for this ultra casualized pile of shit in your picture. MK8 is literally the Brawl of the series.
>>
I told my friend to put nitro kart on while I went to get us some snacks, HE FUCKING PUT ON MARIO SHITTING KART SHIT SHIT FUCK PISS SHIT

I CALLED NINTENDO AND TOLL SHIGGY TOMATO TO FUCKNIG DIE AND HE ACTUALLY DID
>>
/v/eekend?
>>
My friend is a faggot and holds down the C button in Mario Kart 64 whenever he gets a shell so that no matter what, you will get fucked up by it, we were having a legitimately epic race on Rainbow Road, with 1st and 2nd place constantly shifting between me and him and we are neck and neck on lap 3, he gets a red shell, holds down the C button and I lose by a millisecond.
Salt.
>>
>>344556115
One time playing Mario Kart 64 as a kid, I was way ahead in front of everyone on Royal Raceway and right before the part where you use the speed boosts on the floor, the A.I cheated and somehow managed to go out of bounds and suddenly appear in front of the finish line.

I threw the controller on the ground, went outside and it was probably the only time in my life I really got mad at a video game.
>>
>>344556814
The AI rubberbanding in 64 is complete broken garbage, so I feel for ya. it doesn't help its a sprite game in 3D so I think that adds to it.
>>
>>344556115
When I ordered the game from amazon and the game came almost split in half. I got it later in good shape.
>>
File: 1402443204222.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1402443204222.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>playing mk8 freshman year in dorm
>trying to get gold on 150cc star cup, been working at this on and off for a while because rng rubberbanding bullshit
>finally got gold on previous three tracks
>doing well on rainbow road
>third lap, still first by a large margin
>going around the final bend
> coming up to the finish line
>suddenly, toadette rockets past me UNBOOSTED
>yell "TOADETTE YOU FUCKING BITCH" at monitor
>startle roommates, then they start laughing
>>
>>344556950
I just don't understand how they thought it was a good idea, and this story reminded me of another one that made me hate yoshi for years.

I was in first place, as usual and this faggot catches up on me. If you remember well, his kart makes a very distinctive sound.
I screamed upon hearing that sound.
I was almost at the finish line when this faglord suddenly appeard and crossed the finish line right in front of me, placing first.
>>
I was playing Daisy and got hit by a blue shell. Then a red shell. Then another red shell. Then luigi hit me and knocked me off the stage. Then a bullet bill hit me and knocked me off the stage again. I still have nightmares.
>>
File: MKWii still has online.jpg (81 KB, 490x549) Image search: [Google]
MKWii still has online.jpg
81 KB, 490x549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-D38IhMdM

Did you fuckers know about this?
Why didn't anyone tell me?!
>>
File: YES I INCREDIBLY MAD.png (210 KB, 382x610) Image search: [Google]
YES I INCREDIBLY MAD.png
210 KB, 382x610
>>344557647
At least its not double dash, I do not play that game anymore for the sole and express reason that the item roulette is complete overly chaotic bullshit. It's beyond super cancer.

>Finish line
>BLUE SHELL
>BLUE SHELL
>REDSHELL
>LIGHTNING
>BLUESHELL
>STAR POWER
>last place
>mfw

WHY? BECAUSE FUCK THE PLAYER AND FUCK SKILL THATS WHY. RNG IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
>>
>>344556115
>play mk8
>playing online
>last lap on cheese land
>far ahead in first place
>suddenly get hit with three red shells and a blue shell
>now in 4th place
>get hit with a barrage of different shit
>9th place
>yell "FUCK!" at the top of my lungs
>get struck by lighting while gliding
>dead last
>not able to finish
>shout as my swears as I can think of in the moment
>turn off wii u
i don't think i've ever gotten so angry at a video game.
>>
>>344556115
Raged pretty hard at MK8 online matches. That was just when I was stuck in a low VR room and players kept slowning and spamming items, so I was fucked even though I could be half a lap ahead if I was in first.

I've been dicked out of 1st place in high VR lobbies by trip reds at the last second, blues at the last second, poorly timed lightning combined with other players getting well timed lightning, etc.
>>
>>344558425
>>344558394
>>344558139
Can we just admit blueshells and lightning are handholding cancer and need to be removed?
>>
>>344558549
It's a lot easier to deal with lightning when the player holds on to it. Players that spam it the moment they have it are impossible to predict.
>>
>>344558549
I swear Sonic Kart 3 could have a picture of a blue turtle as its advertisement and break the bank.
>>
>>344557005
Damn dude. I would have probably put my foot through the TV.
>>
Don't you just hate it when someone somehow miraculously gets three reds and ands up and first place? It's fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1406257517524.png (24 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1406257517524.png
24 KB, 256x192
>>344559281
>triple reds on second

Fucking this
>>
File: 1458057176784.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1458057176784.png
377 KB, 498x497
Back in the gamecube days I Kicked my friends cat across the room on the way to the toilet out of anger that he showed me up in front of a girl I was crushing on. Cat ended up breaking it's neck on a counter side and dying. Instead of saying anything I bagged it up and hid it, burying it in my old yard later.

He still thinks it ran away to this day.
>>
File: 1420402176552.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420402176552.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>344559691
What the fuck
>>
File: 1457065389405.gif (662 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457065389405.gif
662 KB, 500x281
>>344559691
>>
>>344559691

Edgy kids are so pathetic.
>>
>>344557967
Someone post the daisy destruction webm
>>
my friends in college would only ever want to play baby park in double dash so eventually i realized that i could sit at the starting line and do nothing and then get two lightning bolts and use them both at the end and win every single time
>>
>>344559691
and now you just post on /v/ all day

karma is a bitch ain't it :^)
>>
This shit right here. Im the shy guy. https://youtu.be/VRbI5prBiNk
>>
>>344560568
Holy shit, i'd be pissed.
>>
>boost over grass with mushrooms
>lighting strikes
Fuck this game.
>>
>>344558015
yes it still does. Not like anything changed though... Fucking funky/flame runners everywhere.. Featurting Daisy/Mach bike.
>>
>>344557967
That's what you get for using worst princess.
>>
>>344557967
So this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mee2iMW84
>>
>>344558139
DD was the absolute opposite of RNG, dumb dumb. Probably the least RNG Mk there is. And the most skill based MK.
Blue shells will appear about once per race and appear, very rarely, same goes for lightnings and stars.
>>
>>344562837
DELET THIS
>>
>>344562837
This is mario kart wii
>>
Anytime a fire hopping lag jap bounces past me when im using a single shroom and he still passes me using only cheating.

Anytime its a kart length at the finish line and the game scores me losing when i lose.

When i crash into someone using a star, they swing their arms around and not only dont crash but speed on past.

Fuck that game.

Also, im 600 hours in
>>
Is MK8 online still somewhat popular? This thread is putting me in the mood to play.
>>
>>344565085
Sure, I played worldwide yesterday and you still get full lobbies pretty fast, this game is great to play again every now and then.
>>
File: BubMBDI.png (51 KB, 139x139) Image search: [Google]
BubMBDI.png
51 KB, 139x139
Mario Kart 7 adding those courses without laps, just straight to the finish. This meant there were no traps lying around left by from previous laps.

There were so many times where I would be in second behind a CPU on the last third of the race and just have literally no chance to catch up. I'd drive perfectly but get nothing but bananas and they'd just stay 3 seconds in front of me. We'd all just show up unceremoniously at the finish line in the order we entered that section of the course.

It was at this point i realized that as an adult Mario Kart is not worth my time to try to 100%. Games when you can play perfectly and lose are a waste of time to try to prove anything. Even if you do complete everything it just means you brute forced the game until you got lucky.

It's still fun in groups though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.