[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Pathologic so good, also what war did Daniel aka The Bachelor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: 1448744740055.png (2 MB, 1900x2091) Image search: [Google]
1448744740055.png
2 MB, 1900x2091
Why is Pathologic so good, also what war did Daniel aka The Bachelor serve in exactly? I'm about half way through his story and I get the feeling that he is harboring a lot more then being just a conscript in some army and being a doctor. Some of his dialogue hints at him being a lot more capable at killing and it being already very familiar and comfortable to him.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 700x949) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 700x949
>>344556105
I think they leave it vague on purpose. He served in the military (trained to kill) and has a medical degree (trained to know the human body, what heals it, and what harms it).
>>
File: 2015-10-30_00001.jpg (343 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30_00001.jpg
343 KB, 1680x1050
cute! C U T E!
>>
The bachelor is the 'fps game' character. all of his reasoning is based on hard logic and is totally fine with killing people to solve problems.

the problem is that logic has nothing to do with the Town.
>>
I'm looking forward to the remake. They'll keep the basic story, but they hinted at changing up the ending to be another fucking mindfuck in comparison to the original.
>>
>>344556567
Yeah, I love his dickish response options that usually boil down to "fuck your hillbilly superstitions, just tell me where the guy is, holy fuck you're dumb, that's not how science works, please stop talking".
>>
>>344556567
So what about the surgeon, why kind of game character is he?
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 800x1000
>>344557082
Bachelor IS the surgeon.

You talking about Haruspex or Changeling?
>>
>>344557216
I apologize the Haruspex I mean.
>>
>>344556105
I don't remember that. During one of the town plays it talks about how he's always looking for a fight, I don't think that's meant to be taken literally. He's looking for an enemy, an adversary to work his logic against.
>>
>>344557216

no the haruspex is also called the surgeon. the bachelor is the doctor.

>>344557082

the surgeon is sort of the middle ground between the doctor and the changeling. his knowledge is rooted in fact but he is also aware of the mystical elements of the steppe. He thinks he can stop the plague via natural means.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 700x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 700x758
>>344557335
He's a native, but an outcast. People speak to him more frankly about the town, since he grew up there, whereas the townspeople will be deliberately vague with the Bachelor because he's an outsider, a foreigner. But the Haruspex starts the game under some suspicion and has a rough time getting around town without being attacker by a mob until he can prove he's truly there to help the town.

Bachelor = easy tutorial mode
Haruspex = medium
Changeling = Dante Must Die
>>
File: image.png (65 KB, 365x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65 KB, 365x410
>>344557461
Oh, my bad. I haven't played in a while.
>>
what's playing through as the changeling like?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 355x142) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 355x142
>>344558280
Suffering.

You start with Max Suspicion and gain a little suspicion every day, so you have to constantly be working to make people trust you, all while those same people are trying to kill you on sight.
>>
>>344558280
You pass judgement on other characters and lose reputation if you refuse, your reputation constantly decreases in addition to that. The side-quests at the second half of the game for her are all copypasted filler though, such a shame.
>>
>>344558280
I powergamed with her by killing all the looters inside the houses of a abandoned district
Once you discover that 2 meradorms and 3 hours of sleep fix all your problems the game becomes really easy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.