[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have a lterally unlimited universe to explore with a literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: wat.jpg (150 KB, 1067x542) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
150 KB, 1067x542
You have a lterally unlimited universe to explore with a literally unlimited amount of randomly generated planets to find. That means if you just look hard enough you'll literally find any planet you can think of. Always wanted a GTA San Andreas with a life size planet sized map? In No Man's Sky there is. Somewhere. Do you want a planet full of nude nymphomaniac preteens all craving cock? In No Man's Sky there is. Somewhere. Do you want a plkanet where Gabe Newell wasn't a hack and actually developed Half Life 3? In No Man's Sky there is. If you can find it.

>I know "endless possibilities" is a buzz word thrown around a lot these days but in this game the possibilities truly are endless. Literally.
>>
Endless huh? What about a world where Hitler won World War II? It isn't there because this game was made by a bunch of nu-male cucks.

No Man's Sky: Billions of worlds, zero things to do in them
>>
>>344555664
>borderlands: muh bazillion guns
>no man's shy: muh bazillion worlds

the only diference here, is that Borderlands gives you plenty of storyes, quests and lc to enjoy them, No man's sky doesn't, its jsut a walking simulator without construction, without multiplayer, without anythin that may take adventage of that bazillion of worlds.
>>
somewhere in this game the math formula implodes and causes some scary shit
>>
>>344556083
>borderlands: muh bazillion guns
in borderlands 2, there are like 15 unique weapons, excluding legendary gimmicks
>>
>>344555664

>Endless possibilities

Except the possibility of playing with your friends, right?
>>
>>344555919
Hi /pol/
>>
>>344555664
Nice bait OP.
>>
Spore 2.0.

Retards like OP will be this game's downfall by thinking, and preaching, that you can do everything.
>>
I was still a youngster when they tried to sell me Spore and I fell for it.

Now I am a man and refuse to be duped into buying the same shit again.
>>
>>344555664
shill harder faggot
>>
CHECK THE FUCKING CATALOGUE! There are more Nu-male sky threads right now than planets in the fucking game
>>
File: stok.png (134 KB, 565x175) Image search: [Google]
stok.png
134 KB, 565x175
>>344555664
>in this game the possibilities truly are endless. Literally.

Can I unload my cum inside the animals of all these planets while my friends masturbate watching the coitus?

No. Because it has no multiplayer. My ass my more possibilities than this game.
>>
>>344556738
>Spore 2.0
I don't get this comparison. This game has far more in common with starbound or the hundreds of other survival-crafty clones on the indie market. The only thing this game shares with spore is a similar artstyle, in terms of gameplay they are completely different genres.
>>
>Limitless game fits on 15gb disc

Someone explain this
>>
>>344556998
Actually, you can't do that because the level of interactivity with the game universe is very low and the game doesn't really have many gameplay features or options.
>>
>>344557062
It is Spore 2.0 because they are promising a bunch of shit they wont deliver on.
>>
>>344556645
>m-muh /pol/ boogeyman
>h-he mentioned he who shall not be named!
did you even read the post or did you see the name "Hitler" and just fucking spaz out?
>>
>>344556296
Thats exactly the point, the novelty will wear off fast if this game isnt first person eve. The fact that devs arent making first person eve in the first place is a huge mistake thats all we really want
>>
>>344555664
Not worth $67.09
>>
>>344557062
You are really dumb if you can't understand the comparison, it's not about the gameplay, but the hype behind it.
>>
I just want a game with 10 hand-crafted planets, with a bunch of secrets and you can find many quests you have to do and there are different endings. Something like an RPG Metroid.

>inb4 mass effect

lmfao, the planets are fucking shit
>>
It's about the what they promised/what they deliver ratio. I personally think this game is worse in that aspect because they promise literally everything but deliver like two things.
>>
>>344555664
stop it Todd, I'm not buying your game
>>
So what is this game about anyway? I've seen hype over it but never gave enough of a shit to actually check it out. Is it just exploring space? What else can you do? I never see anyone ever actually talk about gameplay, only muh planets.
>>
>yo can do anything
>implying the planets will not look the same with nothing to do
>>
Too bad planets are spore sized planets....
>>
File: 1397752335841.jpg (1 MB, 2154x2566) Image search: [Google]
1397752335841.jpg
1 MB, 2154x2566
I just want Subnautica in space with online multiplayer.
>>
File: large[1].gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
large[1].gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>344555664
>>
File: 1467954882595.png (68 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
1467954882595.png
68 KB, 271x288
Literally Starbound 2.0 3x the money edition
>>
>>344557373
Nothing. You can shoot space crystals with a phaser to collect crystals and use those crystals to continue the cycle of finding new planets to collect crystals on.

That's why people are making fun of this game.
>>
>>344557373
The developers have failed to properly sell the game, other than having infinite planets or whatever, not much else to do other than fly to planets, look at the shit that's been generated to that planet, kill shit, leave, repeat.
>>
>>344557185
Like what? I think you mean the repeat false-flagger that spams /v/ with these threads promises a bunch of shit that won't be delivered. Not to mention that there is a ton of games that don't deliver on their promises.

But still, they've promised practically nothing outside of what they've already shown, and the game isn't even out yet. The only thing I can think of is the whole multiplayer fiasco, but that was less of an undelivered promise and more intentionally misleading and vague discussion.
>>
Oh no... no no no. So its one of those "heres an ENDLESS WORLD with fucking nothing in it!"
I wish games were on a smaller scale and were actually well designed again.
>>
I usually hate this excuse but I want to pirate it just to see how lame it is. It's not going to have some always online crap, right?
>>
>>344557246
That dude's point was actually reasonable until he mentioned
>nu-male cucks
at which point his meme-tastic post can be safely discarded.
>>
File: 1404693492846.png (200 KB, 472x448) Image search: [Google]
1404693492846.png
200 KB, 472x448
>>344555664
This isn't even bait anymore. This is just full retard.
>>
>>344555664
Honestly I can see it being fun for a few hours, but the thing is that it's doesn't have anything to sustain a player's interest after that little while. Sure there's some creatures and shit to name, sure there's tons of planets, but it will end up feeling hollow and boring a lot quicker than most other games because of the single player nature and size of the game combined..
>>
File: rt45.jpg (759 KB, 1000x4774) Image search: [Google]
rt45.jpg
759 KB, 1000x4774
>>344556296
Yeah Borderlands sucked. Literally just one stock model with about 6 different parts, from 6 different brands, from levels 1-WHATEVER

Bazillion gun combinations, of about 40 different guns
>>
>>344557601
>implying you can kill shit

There is police bots everywhere in galaxy, whenever you kill any animal they will instantly materialize and rape your ass.
>>
>>344557313
What hype? Everyone I've seen rips this game a new one.
>>
>>344557558
>>344557601
Ah I see. Unlimited enviroments with fuck all to do in them? Nice $60 game there. Looks like I'll be passing on this one. Thanks lads.
>>
>>344557830
Then you haven't seen enough people.
>>
File: elite dorito gameplay.jpg (207 KB, 951x536) Image search: [Google]
elite dorito gameplay.jpg
207 KB, 951x536
>>344555664

>infinite planets.
>procedurally generated meme worlds.
>but due to coding and programming being hard, every planet will be set as a single biome only. You find an ice planet, it's all ice. You find a grass planet, it's all grass.
>l-l-let me take your order on the DLC packages for our indie elite dangerous.
>oh, you don't wanna buy ark: survival with spaceships?
>y-you too.
>>
>>344557945
>getting your vidya opinions from anywhere except holy /v/
>>
>>344555664
The sad thing is people will still buy it because it's New 'N' Tasty and that is how the game industry survives and thrives today
>>
>>344557723
that would require skill. these queers just made some assets and a random generation engine and turned it on.
>>
>>344558041
Everyone is retarded, this place specifically, if you haven't seen that you haven't been here long enough.
>>
File: Zodd Xowaard.jpg (32 KB, 580x365) Image search: [Google]
Zodd Xowaard.jpg
32 KB, 580x365
Greetings humble earth dwellers.
I have travelled many moons to relay this important message:
Skyrim Remastered is now available for pre-order for the low low price of 50 earth bills.
Embark on an endless amount epic quests, explore hundreds of handcrafted dungeons and relive the immersive beauty that is Skyrim™ in full 1080p, fully remastered and now with mod capabilities for both Xbox one AND Playstation 4. But thats not all....
>>
>>344555919
If the people that made a revolutionary game and were the first indie studio to be featured on Sony's E3 stage in 2014 are nu-male cucks then what does that make you?
>>
what can i do in this game?
>>
>>344557994
atleast elite dangerous was pretty
NMS seems like it will burn your retinas after a couple hours
>>
>>344558239
GOOD QUESTION!
IN THIS DIGITAL WORLD, THERE'S ONLY THREE THINGS TO DO!
>>
File: sc japanese target audience.jpg (401 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
sc japanese target audience.jpg
401 KB, 640x853
>their shitty studio gets flooded.
>nu man's sky drones swarm the elite and starcitizen forum begging for donations after spending months shitting on both games.
>well, gee, you guys have SO MUCH MONEY, so I figured if you just gave some to this tiny developer, you know, the world would be a better place, amirite?
>they get laughed at.
>their shitty threads thrown into off-topic shitposting dens.
>years later, the game is turning into spore 2.0.
>>
>>344558150
This place is retarded, but thankfully not enough to fall for the "LE HOYP" for this game.
>>
>>344556083
there is construction, they eluded to it in the gameplay demo when they were showcasing the alien trading sub game.
>>
Literally 99.9% of planets will be hostile, empty, and lifeless.
>>
>>344557923
/v/ really hates this game so don't expect something like an accurate impression from these hateshills. If you want to know what the game is like look at the fucking gameplay videos.
>>
>>344555919
fucking disgusting /pol/ cancer
>>
File: 1465175869881.jpg (48 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1465175869881.jpg
48 KB, 422x422
>>344558414
>there is construction
>uhhh they like, totally eluded to it and shit, even though they haven't shown anything about the game, other than flying around, shooting shit, and flying around

Yeah. Have you pre ordered it?
>>
>>344557302
>Not worth $67.09

Are you kidding me?

The game could be worth at least 1000$ If they wanted it to be, the game offers you a endless amount of play time. Basically you can play this game until you die and so can you kids and their kids and so on.

Asking only 67 bucks for this is a generosity
>>
>>344558239
You could always do 5 seconds of google searching: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4didkh/what_do_you_do_in_no_mans_sky_and_other_questions/

>inb4 >reddit

It's just general info on the game.
>>
>>344558239

You can do the following. This isn't a conclusive list, though, so there might be features we don't know about:

>land on a planet.
>beat up dinosaurs like it's a shittier ARK.
>farm the dinos for mats so you can upgrade your spaceship.
>seamlessly take off from the liberty island sized planet and fly to a different planet with differently colored dinos that you farm for different mats.

>fly into debris fields.
>there might be AI ships there.

Here's a list of things that you can't do in this game are possibly dealbreakers.

>no multiplayer.
>everything is procedurally generated. Unlike every other space game ever, you can't fly to earth and fuck around in our system, because it doesn't exist.
>the main enemy is dinosaurs, so there are no green space chicks to seduce, no funny hat aliens to conquer, and no klingons to raid for cloaking ships.
>>
It's basically Nu male spore. I won't be tricked again.
>>
>>344558591
>people discuss the gameplay videos, not defending them but talking about exactly what they showed
>waaah waaah they dun like the game they are making me sad :(

You do realize the world revolves on people not having the same opinions, right? And /v/ isn't a hivemind since there's people like you who fell for actually being interested in this game.
>>
>>344555664
Do any of the planets have actual civilizations or is it just animals?
>>
>>344555664
>it's yet another open world game
>>
>>344558772
>linking to reddit

Kill yourself
>>
>>344555664
In other news, Skyrim has unlimited quests!
>>
NMS thread have got to be the easiest fucking way to trigger /v/ I swear

I hope the game turns out actually being good because I'm sick of all these blatant shitpost threads
>>
>>344558876

I don't think they've shown anything other than dinosaurs and palm trees.
>>
>>344555664
>shitty cartoon-looking ripoff of Elite Dangerous
nice meme OP
>>
>>344558829
Let's be real, I hate survival games, but at least you can build bases and shit in them. This game doesn't even have that.
>>
There's gonna be a stream of somebody leaving his computer on 24/7 while his ship travels towards the center of the universe.

I'll just watch that.
>>
>>344558934
this site is 18+ kiddo
>>
>>344558770
elite dangerous also has a 6 thousand million systems galaxy, it actually has multiplayer, factions, etc.
and yet i stopped playing at 90 hours
>>
>>344559215

They'll do it like elite. All the actual shit you need for a videogame will be 20 dollar 'DLC' packs. Just you fucking watch.

>it's a living product.
>minimally viable.
>we want to do like an acid test, you know.
>give us your money.
>>
>>344557093
procedural generation, the content isn't created already it is generated when you play.
That being said, I'm not defending the game, just explaining how it works.
It'll probably be 4 billion samey planets that generated slightly differently and we're supposed to be excited by this
>>
>>344559227

The devs had the idea of being able to travel between star systems without your FTL drive, but it would take so long nobody would ever want to do it. You need to use the FTL to actually get anywhere in the game

They might have taken out that capability though since there is actually no point to it
>>
File: P16GpKN[1].gif (177 KB, 180x218) Image search: [Google]
P16GpKN[1].gif
177 KB, 180x218
>>344558337
>>
>>344557128
Endless possibilites to walk around and nothing else
Yeah sounds really fucking interesting.

Would had been better if they just made a random generated Sci-Fi minecraft world with modern graphics.
"You are sent to outer space to colonize a planet by fucking the local tribal aliens"
>>
>>344559000
I think it will be okay but it seems like there are a lot of misconceptions about how much stuff people will be able to do.
Like obviously you can't find any of the planets that the OP claims you can but he's just a dumb shitposter.
I hope the developers are able to clear most of them up or they will have a lot of dumb asses getting pissed that the stuff that was never promised isn't in the game.
>>
>>344559000
This.
>Asks what you can do in the game
>Link a post that details what you can do in the game
>n-no thats reddit! That doesnt count!

I guess I forgot /v/ is full of a bunch of cucks that cant form their own opinion and try to fit in with "The hip cool kids" by shitting on a game with factually incorrect statements.
>>
>>344555664
>literally unlimited amount of randomly generated planets
That's "literally" impossible. Even in the real world.
>>
>>344558337
oh look a pie chart!
>>
>>344558770
playing the same shitty gameplay loop over and over is not that fun especially if there isn't much to do beyond "explore lmao"
>>
Just play Starmade instead, it's free too
>>
>>344555664
>unlimited universe
>unlimited planets
Nope. 1 galaxy, and enough planets that it might as well be unlimited. Your objective is to reach the center of the galaxy. How you do that is your choice. (Exploring, trading, being a pirate)
>>
Speaking of.
Literally all human knowledge written with the Latin alphabet is contained within this library, you just have to find it:

https://libraryofbabel.info/
>>
>>344557465
Space Engineers on survival mode
>>
>>344558770
I do agree that Minecraft should cost at least 500 bucks.
>>
>>344558375
Yeah but we take it in the other direction and get like super anti-hype and over exaggerate the badness.
>>
I'll be happy if I can just find a mountain that sort of looks like a dick.
>>
>>344559536
>reading six pages of speculation on reddit based off short clips of e3 gameplay
I do not want to read your thesis redditman. It's okay if the game is shallow, it's made by a small indie dev.
>>
>>344558375

Correct, except everyone has a fucking hateboner for everything coming out, hoping that it's the next TOR
>>
>>344558626
>I've done no research
>I've not watched any of their videos
>I know everything about the game and you're lying about construction
Congrats, you're a tard
>>
>>344557302
>a game that has literally infinite playtime
>not worth mere 60 bucks
>>
Is NMS hobby grade?
>>
>>344560000
Nice quads.
>>
File: 1466575309806.gif (3 MB, 555x312) Image search: [Google]
1466575309806.gif
3 MB, 555x312
>>344558414
>they eluded to it
It's funny how in every single one of their trailers or demos they have a moment or more where they go, "oh, by the way.. you can do this! But we can't show it right now"

Literally every fucking time.

>hey guys, we have all this content, we promise!
>we can't show it, but it'll be there!
>p-please pay $60 for our hollow game!
Okay.
>>
>>344559492
So space engine but it looks like shit
>>
>>344560189
no game has infinite playtime, that's just fucking asinine, even my autistic nephew gets tired of minecraft
>>
>>344560047
Here is a detailed list of features in the game with sources: https://repo.nmsdb.info/

I suggest you read them. If you dont like the features, thats fine, but quit posting things that are literally untrue. Stop being a stupid faggot and see if you actually like the game or not instead of shitposting falsehoods.
>>
>>344560189
it only has as much playtime as you're willing to play
A fucking rock has infinite play time but you probably get bored of chucking it around, right?
>>
File: no man's sky.jpg (583 KB, 2500x1000) Image search: [Google]
no man's sky.jpg
583 KB, 2500x1000
>>
>>344560240
>Interested in playing the game
>Know it's going to be shit precisely because of their inability to properly show off features or show off more interesting planets or creatures

Shame. It doesn't help that all the false flagging shill posters are making the game look worse and worse every thread.
>>
>>344560240
There is not base building BTW, the point is to not have you sit in one place all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
I just want a game where I can fly around in space and SEAMLESSLY land on planets, collect resources to upgrade my ship, weapons, and other equipment, maybe fuck around with the locals, or even help their technology advance with my own. Or scavenge wrecked ships, maybe trade parts with people or go full Renegade and fuck with the galactic Government and destroy whatever I feel like.
>>
>>344560629
LITERALLY INFINITE POSSIBILITIES
>>
>>344560738
IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK? Well, yes, yes it kind of is.
>>
>>344557373
Looks for resources to improve your X-Wing and monolith things to learn each planet's native language, which helps find resources. Keep repeating until center of the universe(mt).
>>
>>344558591
Saw some and it looks okay I guess. Still don't think I'll be getting it though. I don't know I'll wait and see but I feel like this game is gonna end up blowing.
>>
Back when the original Fable was in development I bought into every fucking word of the hype.

I will never be tricked like that again.
>>
>>344555664
>Do you want a planet full of trees? In No Man's Sky there is. Somewhere. Do you want a planet with slightly different trees? In No Man's Sky there is. If you can find it.
>>
>>344558183
ayy
>>
>>344560738
Space Rangers 2
>>
File: 1457292641047.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457292641047.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Ordered this in poster form just now. Even if the game's shit, at least its existence will have produced something of value

I somehow found a 12,000 x 7,000 version of this, so fuck yeah to high quality
>>
>>344560738
Oh man, that's such a good and unique idea that no one has ever had before!
Why don't you go pitch it to a big game studio, I'm sure they'll be blown away by your creativity and give you millions of dollars and and a huge team of veteran game developers!
Maybe you should make a Kickstarter!
I'd donate money to such a good idea without a second thought!
Can't wait to play your game!
>>
I bet minecraft will have more interesting randomly generated landmarks/landscapes to see than meme man's sky.

Everyone who got hyped is going to be so disappointed after a few hours of gameplay.
>>
>>344555664
I didn't know Peter Molyneux goes on /v/
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 361x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 361x316
>>344561165
>>
>>344560519
half of these are just "This feature is not in the game" and some of them like the multiplayer one are based off two articles (over 2 years old) with extremely vague answers.

Its perfectly fine to be excited for a game but letting yourself get hyped over nothing is stupid. Read this and tell me it sounds good.
>"These guys are AI, yeah. And, actually you won't know if they're AI or real players in the final game. It's not a thing we're going to mark, I think."
>So how will you know if a ship is controlled by a real player?
>"You won't. But they might get out of the ship and start moving around [on the surface of a planet], so then you would."
>>
File: amazing senpai.gif (968 KB, 438x232) Image search: [Google]
amazing senpai.gif
968 KB, 438x232
>game's so shit it requires an 8 page reddit thread to explain what you actually do in it.
>still no dev confirmation in it.
>people think this is okay.
>>
>>344561390

I'm going in expecting a comfy exploration game

Hard to get disappointed with those expectations
>>
>>344558772
God the comments in that thread.
>the devs purposefully don't show gameplay because mystery
>they're such geniuses!
>>
>>344561576
Why not play Space Engine then?

It's free and it's got way more interesting things to explore than planets with slightly different trees/paintjobs.
>>
File: 1465766853024.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465766853024.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>344560629
Picture is worth a infinite words.
>>
>>344561556
>Game has gone gold and comes out in less than a month now
>Still haven't shown off anything truly unique or interesting
>Still haven't gone in depth regarding features like trading, NPC interaction or dog fighting
>All under the premise of "We don't want to spoil anything from our 10 quintillion planet game"
>>
>>344561768
Might be a bigger scam than star citizen at this point.
>>
>>344561894
I wouldn't go that far.
NMS never got hundred of thousands of dollars off of a single person for ships that don't actually exist.
>>
>>344561736

Because Space Engine has zero interactivity with the world you explore, and you can go anywhere at any time. Yes is can create some absolutely breathtaking vistas, but that's all there is to it. Plus, having to work to travel from place to place makes someone feel better about what they discover out there

Human psychology is fun
>>
>>344561768
>>344561894

It's seemingly just a space game with dinos. Is it so hard for them to make a youtube of the dinos and spaceships?
>>
>>344562212
You can "own" star citizen for like 30$ and at least they constantly update on what they're doing.

For NMS it's 60$ and you don't know shit about what you're actually buying.
>>
File: deep_impact_by_shikhar01-d4art4l.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
deep_impact_by_shikhar01-d4art4l.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1078
>>344561894
Not even close with the amount of money that's gone into Star Citizen. SC's buggy, half-finished release is a vidya extinction level event.
>>
>>344555664
>somewhere in this game the math formula implodes and causes some scary shit

Probably the only thing worth looking forward to in this gay ass game are the insane generation glitches
>>
>>344562272
Yeah, I guess it is. I just want to see some proper freaky shit previewed. Pic related

>>344562212

Welcome to crowd funding.
>>
I know no man's sky shilling is a meme but I still want it to go away.
>>
The only real question is, will i be able to pirate it?
>>
>>344562740
Will be on GOG, so yea, you will have it days before the actual release.
>>
>>344562740
>GOG

You tell me.
>>
>>344560457
Well, from a literal standpoint, every game ever made technically has infinite playtime.
>>
>>344562649
That would mean people would have to stop responding to bait.
>>
>>344562582
sorry senpai its a console game, it doesn't have infinite procedural generation everything has already been generated hence you can visit the same planet as other people any glitches will just be from your shit graphics card.
>>
>>344562852
Technically I can jam my dick up your ass anytime I want.
>>
>>344562227
>space engine
>a game

i know it's a meme response but it's true in this case.
at this point we should fund that russian guy so we can have a game with SE
>>
>>344562227
This, I want Space Engine with just a bit of game mixed in.

Too fucking bad they're Jews charging $60 for that. I'm gonna buy it too, that's the worst part.
>>
>>344563082
I'm surprised the slav hasn't had a crowd funding campaign yet.
>>
>>344558770
Minecraft has procedural generation so it's worth infinity dollars
>>
>>344562740
you sure will be, sir pirate, the game is also on gog.com, so no drm for you, sir pirate
>>
>>344562638
If the crabsquids were that fucking big I'd legit uninstall Subnautica.
>>
>>344563196
he's greenlit on steam
>>
>>344563001
Yeah, and you could technically do it for infinite amount of time.
>>
>>344563403
And it's completely free.
>>
File: best imag I can find.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
best imag I can find.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>344563294
You played it? They pretty much are. They prey upon the smaller submarine that you pilot.
>>
>>344555664
But I already have Starbound
>>
File: そうでしゅか?.jpg (92 KB, 701x530) Image search: [Google]
そうでしゅか?.jpg
92 KB, 701x530
$67.09 to walk around empty planets with nothing to do on them
>>
>>344563567
They feel smaller than in the pic you posted.
>>
File: sluts not invited.jpg (753 KB, 1275x2091) Image search: [Google]
sluts not invited.jpg
753 KB, 1275x2091
>>344555664
>land on a randColor planet that has randColor water and randColor grass, inhabited by randColor animals with randomRange(2,8) legs, 2*randomRange(0,2) arms and preset appendages
>landscape is randomly sprinkled blotches in vaguely smeared shapes
>presetMineralA-30%
>presetMineralB-25%
>presetMineralC-30%
>presetMineralD-10%
>>
>>344563586

>Starbound is about to release version 1.0
>It's still shit

And I bought that game
>>
Why is /v/ so salty about NMS?

It's a casual indie game, nothing to burst a vein over
>>
>>344563835
It's a casual indie game with almost nothing to do, hyped to high heaven, and priced at 60$.
>>
>>344563895
>casual
yes

>hyped to high heaven
that's because Sony is desperate for games

>60$
why do you pay for singleplayer games

Again, why the immense hatred?
Just don't play it???
>>
>>344564176
You just don't understand. People are going to waste money on an inferior product and maybe even have fun. It's unacceptable to encourage this kind of behavior.
>>
>>344563835
Because people were excited for it when it was announced.
I know that doesn't really make sense but it never does, but isn't that the fun part about /v/?
>>
>>344555664
Nobody is talking about how this game is going to be the best wallpaper generator ever made. Endless wallpapers, amazing!
>>
Its spore. It will be awful.
>>
>>344555919
You mean like in Star Trek?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8nl5qX6BE
>>
>>344558770
>67$ for indie-tier game with little to no gameplay variety is completely acceptable
I can get 12-13 games for that money that offer me 500times the amount of gameplay variety and actual motivation to play it
don't get me wrong, the game looks like it could be very entertaining for me because I like exploring and adventuring but it doesn't seem to give me something other games can't give me for a cheaper price
>>
File: 264710_20160710154726_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
264710_20160710154726_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344563787
>>
>>344565186
what the fuck

the ones i found were NOT that huge
>>
>>344564176
>Sony

Oh god, you have no idea the amount of shit flinging I've received for criticizing this game on other websites from sony fans
>>
>>344555664
Minecraft is also "Endless" and it's garbage.
>>
>>344557246
tumblr and /pol/ really are different sides of the same coin. Nobody else gets this triggered by a simple greeting.
>>
I'm going to wait for the game to come out before forming an opinion and deciding whether or not to buy it.
>>
>>344565598
>He goes on other vidya sites to criticize games
Man that's autistic. Did you get banned because it basically amounted to nothing?
>>
>>344565894
>Banned

No, the mods are all users that used to shitpost with me long ago.
>>
>>344563819
>can't have fun exploring planets, having adventures and enslaving the native population
you should consider Sudoku
>>
>Always wanted a GTA San Andreas with a life size planet sized map

You can shoot niggers in No Man's Sky?
You can have cop chases?
Shootouts?
gangs?
Story?
bodybuilding?
car pimping?

Isn't No Man's Sky just a procedural generation tech demo?
>>
>>344555664
>That means if you just look hard enough you'll literally find any planet you can think of.
>the amount of numbers between 1 and 2 is infinite, so every number you could think of is in there

your use of "literally" is as wrong as the rest of your assumptions.
>>
File: 1466736529309.gif (460 KB, 360x560) Image search: [Google]
1466736529309.gif
460 KB, 360x560
>>344555664
can the preteens have cute clothes on instead? Naked is boring.
>>
File: 1463062562476.gif (17 KB, 679x521) Image search: [Google]
1463062562476.gif
17 KB, 679x521
desu I want a game with NoMan'sSky premise and any sort of multiplayer, though. It would require some serious AI programming (for the generation of consistent worlds) and long development
>>
File: 1430144304513.png (62 KB, 306x227) Image search: [Google]
1430144304513.png
62 KB, 306x227
>>344555664
S P O R E 2.0
P
O
R
E
>>
No multiplayer pvp dogfighting in space/low orbit or the skies above a planet makes me lose so much fucking interest in this game

I want EVE-like scale with first person dogfights and ground exploration/shooting. Something like Dust 514 that doesn't suck ass. Bonus points for being in VR but thats certainly optional and frankly unlikely

Gonna have to wait til the 2020's for anything like what I want though, unless some dev has been keeping their shit under wraps
>>
>>344555919
best post
>>
>>344566553
sure as hell there are some randomly generated black-aliens that are overly hostile
>>
>>344555664
I'm so sick of you fucktards false flagging to shitpost about this game. They have never said you can do anything, they said you can play it however you like because there is no constrained story mode to force you to play it a certain way.
>>
>>344567338
>EVE-like scale

Oh god. What I would give to have this shit. The citadel trailers are so fucking hype. I would love it if there was some mix of RTS (capital ship) and space sim gameplay (smaller ship piloting) with mega structures and fantastical elements.
>>
>>344555664
You have a lterally unlimited universe to explore with a literally unlimited amount of randomly generated planets to find. That means if you just look hard enough you'll literally find any planet you can think of. Always wanted a GTA San Andreas with a life size planet sized map? In Spore there is. Somewhere. Do you want a planet full of nude nymphomaniac preteens all craving cock? In Spore is. Somewhere. Do you want a plkanet where Gabe Newell wasn't a hack and actually developed Half Life 3? In Spore there is. If you can find it.

>I know "endless possibilities" is a buzz word thrown around a lot these days but in this game the possibilities truly are endless. Literally.
>>
>>344557246
>m-muh
>I'm totally not from /pol/!
it's time to close your browser and fix your vocabulary
>>
>>344567479
>false flagging
did you ever play the WoW quests where you kill a member of a tribe and then plant flags of another tribe on their corpses in order to start a conflict between the tribes?

that's an example of "false flagging" so you can use the term in a proper context next time
>>
File: 1436310901363.jpg (2 KB, 89x125) Image search: [Google]
1436310901363.jpg
2 KB, 89x125
>>344569363
Please be bait
>>
>>344569463
OP isn't pretending to be anyone. It's not a false flag. You just saw the term used and parroted it incorrectly.
>>
File: 1467957520535.jpg (52 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
1467957520535.jpg
52 KB, 600x885
>>344555664
>finely crafted linear experience full of interesting mechanics and enemies
or
>open world trash with shit randomly placed, boring navigation and zero interesting game mechanics
>>
File: SeanMurraySE-2015.jpg (209 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
SeanMurraySE-2015.jpg
209 KB, 800x800
Hey there! You gonna buy my game, right? It takes literally 15 trillion years to explore the empty galaxy.
>>
>>344569767
Regardless, he's pretending to be hyped for NMS so others shitposters can then take a screenshot and spam it in others threads to claim shills are in full force, convincing no one but themselves.

So it's dumb.
>>
>library of Babel in game form

No
>>
/v/ just loves to anti-hype circle jerk, it's honestly kind of hilarious stuff though.
I remember when undertale was the big flavor everyone was shoppy tobys tweets to make him out to be an arrogant ass and now we're pulling a todd haward 2.0 with this guy
funny shit
hope the game aint shit but like everyone says, no fucking clue what you can really do
>>
>>344569967

Don't turn him into the next Molyneux

Outside of beating around the bush with multiplayer comments, he's been surprisingly reserved on selling people on the game and doing his best to keep people's expectations in check
>>
File: OJ319dkh.jpg (161 KB, 1024x871) Image search: [Google]
OJ319dkh.jpg
161 KB, 1024x871
>can't have sex with the local wildlife

Really? who the fuck cares about this boring trash game
>>
>>344569767
He's pretending to be a shill.

Literally no one on /v/ is actually hyped for this.
>>
>>344555919
Look you just don't get it.
Most guys do anything to get a girl, so if that means turning into a magical fairly boy most men will fucking do it. Literally standards set by the majority of women, aka nugirls means this.
Its the fashion, fashion is fascism.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (12 KB, 605x222) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
12 KB, 605x222
>>344570305
>Literally no one on /v/ is actually hyped for this.
well, maybe by the new definition of "literally"
>>
>>344570642
Literally what I meant.
>>
Space Engine is so much better than this bullshit "game"
>>
>>344570807
Man, I used to like Space Engine, but the constant fanboyism on /v/ and the autists claiming it's a better game than anything have made me hate it. Before I used to think i'll donate money to the dev if he made a kickstarter, but not anymore.
>>
>>344555664
They said the same thing about Starbound.
>>
>>344570179
People "expect" answers to their questions, especially if a reporter has to repeat themselves.

You wanna sell a singleplayer experience? Then say "This game is singleplayer," not "w-well that's not the m-main point alright guise?"

Lack of info kills consumer trust, and buying a game before reviews send it to hell will take a lot of trust.
>>
>>344555664
>GTA SA
>HL3
What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize the planets are less detailed than the spore galactic mode right? It's going to be randomly generated terrain with random monsters that do the same thing as every other monster. It's just going to be different colored.
>>
>>344571056
>Lack of info kills consumer trust
Somehow this works completely opposite in vidya.

You'll have millions of hyped suckers pre-ordering your game.
>>
>>344571056
Dev was clear that multiplayer would be a minor part of the game.

In the Steam page, it's called a singleplayer game.

It's not a matter of consumer trust, it's a matter of consumers being retards who can't read
>>
I can't wait for someone to go into the game and screen shot a planet, and then go hunting for another planet that is literally just a colour swap and put them together with the caption "INFINITE POSSIBILITY"
>>
File: 0.png (66 KB, 754x718) Image search: [Google]
0.png
66 KB, 754x718
>>344570518
>numales getting girls

Anon...
>>
I know this game will probably get repetitive eventually, but if I could log a shitton of hours in space engine, I'm sure this game will deliver in comfy spacetravel.
>>
File: 1387166339645.gif (3 MB, 325x256) Image search: [Google]
1387166339645.gif
3 MB, 325x256
>>344556998
>>
>>344569846
>presenting a false choice between two extremes

Go back to /pol/ and take your low-IQ thinking with you
>>
>>344571538

>still trying to push your numale meme

Anon...
>>
>one biome per planet
Dropped.
>>
>>344571538
Wow the man' literally doesn't get it I suppose.
>>
Endless worlds and content? Just like minecraft!
>>
>>344572053
You can probably walk full circle around a planet in a few minutes anyways.
>>
>>344572179
He thinks women are attracted to a doormat that compliments them every time they walk on it.
>>
File: 1411764894994.gif (3 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1411764894994.gif
3 MB, 300x236
>procedurally generated
>>
But what do you do?
>>
>literally no content: the game
>>
File: Finitivus withdraws cooly.jpg (24 KB, 194x349) Image search: [Google]
Finitivus withdraws cooly.jpg
24 KB, 194x349
>>344555919
Did you just make a Star Trek reference? Nobody on this board is actually going to catch this because they're all underaged kiddies that were born after the series.
>>
>>344555919
E D G Y
>>
>>344557128
I thought it was minecraft in space where if you don't like the pregenerated world you can just fuck off to another one
>>
>>344572725
You do realize there been a shit ton of alternative history stories involving Hitler winning WW2, right? There's a show coming out on Amazon prime about it as we speak.
>>
>>344572982
Fuck off to another to do...?
>>
>>344560189
>>344558770
these are trolls, right?.....

right?.....
>>
File: 1465065144607.jpg (70 KB, 344x315) Image search: [Google]
1465065144607.jpg
70 KB, 344x315
I dont understand how there can be so much hype and interest in this game for so long with its launch coming up and its still somehow not clear WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO?

Do you kill things? Craft shit? Build bases? Just fly around the random galaxy and just look at pretty graphic? Can you be killed? How big are the planets?
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THESE BASIC QUESTIONS
>>
>>344572218
You can see how big a planet is, no way you can do it in a few minutes.

At least half a day.
>>
>>344573373
https://repo.nmsdb.info/

Here you go breh.

Better than wasting both of our time.
>>
>>344573390
Originally I would have payed $20 for it, when I was under the impression you could make bases, basically colonize your own personal planet, build defenses, collect resources and trade or have war with other players.

I don't think I'd even pay $10 knowing that there's fucking nothing to do except fly around and collect materials so you can continue flying around
>>
>>344573373

>Do you kill things?
Yes

>Craft shit?
Yes

>Build bases?
No

>Just fly around the random galaxy and just look at pretty graphic?
Sure you could do that

>Can you be killed?
Yes

>How big are the planets?
They vary in size, but there are gameplay videos of the descent from space to planetside, so you could make an estimation of size based on that
>>
>>344571364
Minor part =/= not a part

He was vague. People keep asking because he was vague. Every time after he said that other players would show up MMO style, he sidestepped any chance to elaborate on it. Now tgat the game is listed as singleplayer on a single preorder page (not to mention it was multiplayer for a while on the amazon page), he needs to confirm it one way or the other. Because the answer is vague. Because every answer is either brushing off or a contradiction of older info.

Do you understand yet? It won't be "clear" until either a dev gives us the news out of his own mouth or two people warp to the same spot - which is apparently possible in an earlier build - and confirm it after spending money and gambling on the sheer existence of a feature.

I bet the warp drive is more than 2 hours in, too.
>>
>>344573647
>lying on a chinese medieval kapoera imageboard
>>
>>344573921
>and confirm it after spending money and gambling on the sheer existence of a feature.
What kind of retard would invest time and money on a game for a minor feature simply to know if it exist or not? Just treat it as a singleplayer game with others player's discoveries occasionnally popping up
>>
>>344573921

>I bet the warp drive is more than 2 hours in, too.

The pre-order bonus for the game is a ship that already has a functioning warp drive
>>
Wait you have to grind your first warpdrive? So you're stuck for hours on your first planet?

Fucking great.
>>
>>344574095
That's the point. Nobody would buy it just to test it out.

The problem is, there's no logical reason to buy a $60 game about shooting multicultural dinosaurs all named Big Wieners.

You would have to be an even bigger retard to buy a game with no features over a game that you could at least play with friends in.
>>
>>344574491
We don't know how long it takes. Maybe your first shit-tiers ship with a warp drive cost practically nothing but just enough to you have to learn how to mine/upload your discoveries/fight others ships to get the money.

They said that not everyone will have an equal start. One might start in a rich world with discoveries everywhere and rare minerals, while the other starts in a desert and have to grind rocks until he can move on.
>>
>>344574626
>a game with no features
Since when does NMS have no features? Why exactly are you still saying this?
>>
>>344574190
>pre-order bonus
>miss out on initial entry content
Wooooooow
>>
>>344574827
It is literally Starbound in ED with no content from every single trailer. The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>344575325
3D*
>>
So hold on, is there multiplayer interaction?
>>
>>344557734
>Anonymous 07/10/16(Sun)14:35:08 No.3445
theres literally no connectivity with other players so i dont see why itd be always online
>>
It's Space Engine with fucking animals and less visually appealing shit.
Space Engine is also free.
There's no reason to get this game.
>>
>>344575436
It's unclear until we get the files or any info at all. I'm guessing they just went back on their interview promises because netcode was too hard.
>>
>>344575146

I mean I'm gonna pre-order to get the game cheaper and I ain't gonna use that shit
>>
>>344575467
space dinosaur names
>>
>>344557734

It's on GoG, so no
>>
I hope its everything it promises to be a more

Because if it is i don't think i'll ever need to play another game every again
>>
>>344575325
What do you consider "no content"? I think that having aliens race NPC you can interact with by learning words from monoliths and conversation, all to earn rep point count as content. Same goes with the possibility of attacking traders ships for their cargo, or the concept of blowing up holes to cave systems to protect yourself from harsh environment.

I haven't said everything, obviously, but I try to not talk about the stuff not seen on footages.
>>
>>344575549
B-but if you're the first to discover a planet you'll get to NAME it.

You'll get to NAME the planet that probably no one will ever visit because the galaxy is so xboxhueg!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.