[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
So I reached Blighttown and I was wondering if it's worth going back to upgrade the halberd to +10 (currently at +3 and it's my favorite weapon so far)? Pic related are my stats. Also any other tips would be appreciated, especially stats related.
>>
File: 1461990890133.jpg (59 KB, 474x378) Image search: [Google]
1461990890133.jpg
59 KB, 474x378
Yes.
You need at least a +7 to beat Quelaag in any decent amount of time. A 10+ Halberd with some pine resin would destroy her. Good choice, anon.
>>
Halberd is a good weapon, if you're having fun using it upgrade it. There's plenty of upgrade materials later in the game if you wanna try something else down the line.
>>
>>344541060
Your build is fine for now.
If you're using the halberd, you're probably going for a quality build.
Keep raising vit, end, str and dex equally.

More vit is always a good idea if you're having trouble.

Try to shoot for a standard quality build
40 vit
40 end.
27/40 str (depends on if you're 2handind or not)
40 dex.
>>
>>344541443
>>344541272
>>344541256
Thanks family. Also is the Adventurer's set a good pick for now or should I stick with something lighter?
>>
File: scythe-onhand-large[1].jpg (65 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
scythe-onhand-large[1].jpg
65 KB, 600x384
>>344541060
You dont need to upgrade shit to beat quelagg if you summon. That way you can save mats for the scythe in sens fortress. Its just the best halberd so you should try that weapon before settling.

>>344541256
>+7
jigga watt?

>>344541443
40 vit seems excessive for ng.
End is always your best friendo though
>>
>>344541815
I like the wanderers stuff personally for light, then for medium I usually go tarkus since its better than havelshit
>>
I think I went through with a +5 broadsword on my first run through and didn't have too much trouble. +10 might make it a bit trivial.
>>
>>344541815

Armor doesn't really matter unless you're strapping slabs of steel to your body. Just wear whatever you think looks best. They don't call it Fashion Souls for no reason.
>>
>>344541060
It's worth upgrading to +5. And then using any large shards you have to upgrade beyond 5. but imo, it's not worth grinding to get the shards for a +10 weapon. You can deal with blighttown and the boss with a +5 halberd just fine.

Good stats, btw.
>>
>>344541815
If you're already mid/fat rolling, then you might as well put something on that gives you a good amount of poise. Unless you like looking purposely unfashionable with that adventurer's set.
>>
>>344541870
+7 is arbitrary, however it is advised that you upgrade to 10+ before quelaag, as she is the first spike in boss health and defenses.

Also 40 vit might seem overkill, but especially if its your first playthrough, you can never have too much vit.

>>344541815
Armor doesn't mean much, the general rule is to wear whatever you can as long as you can still light-roll.

Get you some havel and fap ring and go nuts.
>>
> first playthrough of Dark Souls
> Using the Halbard

Every. single. time.
Something about that weapon just attracts first timers (me included). There's nothing wrong with it, it's just so weird that seemingly 60% of all first playthroughs main the Halbard.

You definetly want more than a +3 going into Blighttown, ideally upgrade all your shit before you start, since getting back out of Blighttown can be tricky.

If you want a source of Large Shards, farm the Slimes in the hallway next to The Depths bonfire. It's probably unesisary to go all the way to +10, but it never hurts to be prepared. Pop a few humanity to increase your droprates and kill them a bunch of times.
>>
>>344542515
>+7 is arbitrary, however it is advised that you upgrade to 10+ before quelaag, as she is the first spike in boss health and defenses.

I dont know man I always use to beat her at +3 or lower and it was still really easy even solo. Seems crazy that people would just make the game that easy
>>
File: 1465128959487.gif (256 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465128959487.gif
256 KB, 800x800
>>344542704
I always make it a point to have a 10+ before Sens, as anything lower than that will absolutely tickle Iron Golem and will definitely not touch OnS.

However it is absolutely not required by any means, I was just answering as OP wanted to know if he should upgrade now or later, and he really should get it done before Sens.

>>344542683
Isn't Uchi the most common first playthrough weapon? Easy to get early on and deal more damage than most things you can get that early.

Other than that I think Claymore and Zweihander are very common, too.
>>
>>344543008
Claymore is awesome as hell but also makes the game a bit easy. Sort of like how magic was to Demon's Souls
>>
>>344543008
>I always make it a point to have a 10+ before Sens

You know what? I completely forgot weapons go to 15 in this one.

10 seems much more reasonable now for senshaha.

I make it a point tio do the catacombs before sens though. Makes it and anor londo much easier imho
>>
>>344542515
>as she is the first spike in boss health and defenses
I realized that when I poked her with my two-handed +5 winged spear. She's a bit of a bitch.
>>
File: 1465128697954.gif (108 KB, 800x899) Image search: [Google]
1465128697954.gif
108 KB, 800x899
>>344543182
I can see that, it has a moveset that works in any given situation.

>>344543442
Yeah I've made that mistake before myself when talking about the Souls games. Shit gets confusing.

>>344543587
Yeah, that's why from put the large ember right before you descend into the depth/blighttown proper. So that you can go back up and get yourself a +6, and then farm your way to 10+ with the smithbox by the leeches.

Good game design, I say.
>>
File: 1466358675743.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1466358675743.png
38 KB, 499x338
What the fuck is everyone saying?
Upgrading is hardly necessary and Queelag isn't hard at all, just fucking stand by her side so she can't slash you.

God damn you're all fucking horrible
>>
File: 1463964674092.jpg (12 KB, 296x219) Image search: [Google]
1463964674092.jpg
12 KB, 296x219
>>344544568
Yeah and why not play the game with a DDR dancemat while you're at it, you fucking casual scum.
>>
>>344544880
Not exactly the brightest, are you?

You clearly don't have to go out of your way to upgrade to +7 or higher.
It's a waste of time, playing through the game normally is faster
>>
>>344541060
good weapon
get some more vit IMO though
>>
>tfw in my first playthrough I got the BKH +2 before Quelaag and made the game completely trivial
>>
>>344541060
>not using the black knight sword
Seriously I've only ever used this weapon. The halberd almost drew me in but it looks so dorky when one-handed.
>>
>>344541060

Get the Spider Shield, as it has 100% block against poison and toxic. Blight town is a bit rough, but the biggest problem are the blowdart snipers. They don't respawn, so if you're killing them you're making progress. Walk with your shield out and with caution in new areas.
>>
>upgrading this much this early

My god. I just got +5, then upgrade with whatever shards I happen to find. Then when I get to Sens, I buy the large shards from the Merchant and upgrade to +10.

Also my Thief destroyed Quelag with his short bow. Hitting her body stuns her making the fight easy. Short bow is fast, and a very under rated weapon.
>>
>>344541256
What fucking casual are you holy shit you don't need +10 weapons even in anor londo let alone quelaag

Not to mention leaving blighttown and then coming back without warping is annoying, just finish the level.

Quelaag doesn't have a single melee attack that can hit you if you hug her chest, the spiders only attack that can hit you is fire breaty, just sidestep the fire and when she leans down on top roll away since that's the explosion cue.

Mildred can help but sometimes her AI is literally fucking retarded and she just kills herself in lava so I don't like using her, just hug the spidertits and the boss wI'll never hurt you
>>
>>344547471

If you want easy mode, Mildred is what you do. Mildred has a ton of HP, and she and Quelag fight each other. She ignores you. Allowing you to at least get 50% of Quelag's health off for the real fight.

NPC summons are all about acting as a distraction.
>>
>all of these posts
Wtf are you guys retarded or something? OP do you even have the proper materials to make it to +10? If you do then I guess go for what you want, but you definitely don't need a +10 for Quelaag.
>>
>>344547620
>>NPC summons are all about acting as a distraction.

And only the filthiest of casuals actually summon.
The game becomes too easy
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.