[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would his boat plan have worked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: AND_Kenny_Barn.png (271 KB, 340x448) Image search: [Google]
AND_Kenny_Barn.png
271 KB, 340x448
Would his boat plan have worked?
>>
Dunno. Better than staying, at least.
>>
>>344539914
what exactly was the boat plan
stay on it then go to shore when you needed supplies
theres a good book called day by day armageddon that has a similar section.
Shit gets fucked, as id expect to happen with kennys plan
>>
File: 1393886186158.jpg (146 KB, 654x539) Image search: [Google]
1393886186158.jpg
146 KB, 654x539
Its unlikely they could have found enough fuel to keep a boat going for too long
People always seem to forget that part of boats - they need diesel.
>>
>>344539914
if you didnt kill him in Season 2, you are a terrible friend
>>
>>344540515
Shut up, Jane
>>
The biggest thing about his boat plan was that he had a goal. Maybe it was questionable, but why even bother surviving if you don't have a goal to work towards?
>>
>>344540643

Hey, here's a goal:

Don't get eaten by zombies
>>
Well, the old people who stole the boat got quite far with it.

His initial plan was landing on some safe island with no zombies. That is a start but hardly the solution. You need supplies and an island without zombies usually has no supplies either. So you would need to get them from the outside which puts you at risk again.

At the end there is no solution but trying to stay alive with your own strength. Because even if you find a safe haven with food and no zombies. In their universe everyone turns into one once they die even without bite. So only one guy needs to fuck up to ruin an entire safe colony - Which is easy.
>>
Post your long term zombie survival plan
>>
File: goddamn urbans.jpg (24 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
goddamn urbans.jpg
24 KB, 490x368
>>344539914
>>
Are we at a point where Kennyfags are riding his cock so deep that they're trying to defend his asinine boat plan from season 1? By the time they actually have a boat he has no idea what to do with it, he's just so drunken and delusional from losing his two retarded family members that he needs something to cling to.

The boat plan was laughable at best.
>>
>>344540887
Bite the bullet. No more zombie problems.
>>
File: mongolhorde.jpg (172 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
mongolhorde.jpg
172 KB, 1440x1080
>>344540887

Travel to Mongolia and become one with the steppe-nomads
>>
>>344540763
That's not really a goal, though. That's like saying my goal in life is to avoid getting hit by a car; that's fine and good, but what else am I going to do with my life?
>>
>>344540887
Take two weeks of food up into the attic and pull up the ladder with me.
>>
>>344540887
I have a condition that I have to use these for on a bi-weekly basis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine_autoinjector

So my life just turns into Dead Rising 2
>>
>>344539914
There are small islands off the coast of georgia that you could live on once you cleared them of zombies. The only problems would be scavenging for supplies you cant get on the island, including gas for the boat.

Its probably better than living anywhere on the mainland though.
>>
>>344540962
I know a few people who say they would just kill themselves if a real zombie apocalypse happened. Why would you just instantly give up because there are zombies?
>>
>>344541027

I don't see how "Find a boat" isn't on essentially the same level as "Don't get hit by a car"
>>
>>344539914
>Get boat
>Go out to sea
>'sall good
>Fish when I'm hungry
>Drink water when... Oh shit
>"Err Kenny I don't think that's such a good idea"
>"God damn it Lee, I'm a hot headed yokel, I know what I'm doing"
>*Kenny died of dysentery*

This is how I see it going.
>>
First:

-Get some supplies that last you for a while
-Only team up with other people temporary - Groups are cancer
-Find a way to grow your own food - Steal seeds from an abandoned store or something
-Find an isolated place for yourself that zombs can't reach and that is unlikely to get discovered by other survivors because if zombs don't fuck you up its usually other humans who do
>>
He started to appear a bit fucking insane about the boat, so no
>>
>>344540962
>>344540984
>>344541032
>>344541089
What do you recommend for someone living in a small island with another smaller, off-limits island in a few km?
Do I go there, or would it be too obvious?
>>
>>344540887
get a badass Full body Knight armor and a stable melee weapon
>>
>Kenny is an egotistical retarded sociopath who is too stubborn to make the choices that would benefit his group. He has a bitchfit and threatens to kill people when they don't listen to him, and none of his plans ever worked.
>/v/ likes him because muh edgy redneck xd
>>
>>344541220
Finding a boat gives you something to work towards, it gives you an objective. Not getting hit by a car is just "look both ways before you cross the fucking street." If we go back to your original goal of "not getting killed by zombies," how do you plan to accomplish that goal? I mean, that's basically why Kenny had his boat goal in the first place - to avoid getting killed by zombies.
>>
>>344540887
Don't really have any, zombies are probably the most retarded "apocalypse" ever.

I'd just wait for the military to mop them up, like in Shaun of the dead.
>>
>>344541353

Why is this even up for discussion? If the dead ever rise from the grave then become glorious horse-nomad riding the great steppes of Eurasia, they will never be able to catch you
>>
>>344541417
I usually think more along the lines of The Stand than zombies when I consider apocalypse scenarios in my head. I don't consider them very often in the first place, though.
>>
>>344541353
Stay there. Build up a fortress. Practice an instrument. Lure people in and murder them.
>>
>>344541387
Which Kenny are you describing because he was nothing of the sort in s1.

Sure he went off the rails eventually.
>>
>>344541353
Where are you going to get supplies? Any good will last only so long and you have to come back for more.
>>
>>344541387
Yeah, Kenny was the worst.
>>
>>344541027
>That's like saying my goal in life is to avoid getting hit by a car
While living on the interstate, with all them zombies around.
At least on sea, you wouldn't have that zombie problem unless you had to go mainland for supplies, and who knows, maybe you could find a country or an island where the zombie plague didn't spread due to quarantine/cold winter conditions killing most of them off.
>>
File: 1445340583906.jpg (97 KB, 691x960) Image search: [Google]
1445340583906.jpg
97 KB, 691x960
>>344540643
yeah, i kind of agree but. I always thought of it as a midway goal.
meaning you got there to get a breather and recollect yourself then move forward from that

>>344540887
my plan living where i live is to fuck off inland just like in Tomorrow when the war began
as far as i can tell our community would be completely fine outside of the main towns
everyone here is either farmers or fishers so its safe to assume there would be a safe communal trading area set up after a while
>>
>>344541593
You also have to deal with THE SEA, which is really great at killing people at random.
>>
File: 00040400020079_full.jpg (22 KB, 202x273) Image search: [Google]
00040400020079_full.jpg
22 KB, 202x273
>>344541360
now this is you
>>
File: dOM-SP2.jpg (71 KB, 746x759) Image search: [Google]
dOM-SP2.jpg
71 KB, 746x759
>>344541234
>>
>>344541284
>Only team up with other people temporary - Groups are cancer

Realistically the only chance youre gonna have of survival is to work with other people. Unless you were completely prepared to live alone for years in a bunker or something, you need other people.

People in zombie games and movies dont stick together because they're stupid. They stick together because its common sense to work together.

>Find a way to grow your own food

How are you going to do any of that alone? Seriously, please explain to me how you are going to find a totally safe location to grow enough food to keep yourself alive for years.

>Find an isolated place for yourself that zombs can't reach and that is unlikely to get discovered by other survivors
You say that like its easy, m8. Plus if you managed to find a place safe from zombies other people will too, especially since they will probably be working together and you will be alone.
>>
>>344540887
Spend the entire time hunting other people. There's no laws in the apocalypse and I need a hobby.
>>
>Zombie outbreak happens with the well armed and organized government-like dudes because someone's feelings got hurt over a baby
Nice job breaking it, "hero"
>>
>>344540887
I don't need one, unless there's bullshit magical powers a realistic zombie invasion would be confined within a week if not a day.
>>
>>344541751
>Realistically
Realistically there would be no zombie apocalypse, even if the dead would start attacking people they would get destroyed in a day.
>>
Realistically you nerds would all be fucked.

None of you know how to grow food, most of you are probably overweight, and you got shit social skills so nobody will want to group up with "that weird kid".
>>
>>344541856
No shit, Sherlock
>>
>>344541832
>no fun allowed shut up nerd
k
>>
>>344541625
That's fair, but I just don't understand the logic of people who only consider surviving and nothing else. Like, are you just going to hole up in a house? Are you going to get a car and start driving? Or, like Kenny, are you going to get a boat and go out to sea? You can't "just survive," you need a plan, otherwise you might as well just stand still and wait to be eaten.
>>
>>344540460
You can row them as well family.
>>
>>344540887
(((Zombie))) is an euphemism for niggers and rapefugees so rounding them up and genociding them is the best solution.
>>
File: 4BR9cxl.png (13 KB, 543x415) Image search: [Google]
4BR9cxl.png
13 KB, 543x415
>>344540887
Find my friends. I've got four really close friends. We find a place to stay, we figure out how to get some food, maybe we figure out how to make booze, we wait.

I figure we're good to kick around for twenty years or so.
>>
>>344541905
Zombie apocalypse is the worst setting ever, it relies on everybody being a retard, so hard to take anything in that genre seriously.

Romero's first two movies did it right.
>>
>>344541905
Just don't use the term realistically anon. Don't get mad if someone corrects you on the fact you're pointing at a red object while claiming it to be blue.
>>
>>344541638
Yes, but as far as the Walking Dead universe zombies and modern sea travel technology goes, the later is way less likely to be hazardous to your health.
>>
>>344541750
I don't think Kenny had any of those
>>
>>344541675
And this is somebody without sick knight armor
>>
>>344541797
>The only thing from stopping you from killing others is the law

The edge.
>>
>>344542010
Im going to use any term that I feel like and you cant stop me.

Why are you in this thread if not to troll people if youre gonna act like a zombie apocalypse is completely impossible. Dude, no shit, but we're having fun discussing it so fuck off.
>>
>>344542054
So go and find one. You can get water purifiers at any Bass Pro Shop, and as someone that lives in the south, if you can't find one of those down here you're too inept to survive.
>>
"Realistically" the military would nuke the source of the infection and you faggots get to on with your boring lives.
>>
>>344542141

A lot of people are only alive because its illegal to kill them - this isn't edge this is just a cold hard fact.
>>
The idea of getting their hands on a boat is nice, but several weeks/months into the outbreak? It would be stupid to think that a boat would literally be lying around on the dock somewhere just for them to take
>>
File: COi60Oh[1].jpg (178 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
COi60Oh[1].jpg
178 KB, 1000x1000
>>344539914
With the right preparation it could have.
>>
>>344542059

>knight armor

>a zombie grab one of your plate
>then another one
>then another one
>then another one
>....
You know why humanity often lose during zombie apocalypse ? it's because of retards like you.
>>
>>344542248
A far-fetched plan is better than no plan at all. And to be fair, they did actually find one - they just lost it later.
>>
>>344542170

>implying all places like Bass Pro wouldn't be thoroughly picked clean by looters

Hell bandits might patrol the area around them just because they know people would seek out places like that
>>
>>344541514
Yo but the Stand happening in real life would be sick.
like literally
>>
>>344542294
Jesus christ anon.

Yeah with that kind of preparation we can probably just as wel take a rocket to the moon and be safe up there.
>>
>>344542356
That's a pretty defeatist attitude, Anon. Why bother doing anything if you're likely to fail? Might as well just give up and die.
>>
>>344541210
I imagine being eaten alive would be less pleasant than a bullet to the brain
>>
Yes, I think he would have lived for awhile. I think people forget that Kenny had a background as a mechanic and he was a commercial fisherman. He was pretty smart, but had some kneejerk reactions. He probably knew exactly what to do if he got stuck on the water. I doubt he would have tried to go too far, probably just north or south, staying close to land. If Lee would have made it and kept Kenny in check, I think they would have done well together.
>>
>>344542059
but what if you turn while in your armor? Now you've created a huge problem for the rest of us
>>
>>344542484

>your plan is shit

>LMAO THEN JUST KILL YOURSELF SINCE NOTHING ACTUALLY MATTERS TO YOU OBVIOUSLY

Are you seriously this much of a fucking pleb
>>
Why are zombies in the TWD universe so hilariously cartoonish? It's like all of them exist only to make stock growling sounds and gang together at the entrance to whatever safehouse the chars are staying in while providing a greenish brown backdrop to the scenery. No wonder it's all about sappy drama about man being the real monster in this setting, as the zombies here don't have even a trace of the personality of Romero's zombies.
>>
>>344542484
There's a difference between being defeatist and making rational decisions not to go places that would attracted armed people during an event where people are essentially shooting other people on sight
>>
>>344542572
Not him but a zombie in a suit of armor can't exactly bite or scratch anyone, numbnuts.

You could probably knock it over fairly easily as well.
>>
>>344542578
You could suggest an alternative instead of just advocating giving up because "well, the supplies are probably already gone so why even bother?"
>>
>>344542323
>zombies are intelligent enough to have tactics against armor
>>
>>344541387
>who is too stubborn to make the choices that would benefit his group
But all he did was always in everyones interest. He is even more selfless in S2 where he offers to die alone in the woods so the guys take Clem and the baby in
>none of his plans ever worked.
He was right at the end of S2 and the boat worked - The old people got away with it
>>
File: 1466364583819.png (257 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1466364583819.png
257 KB, 400x299
>>344542572
uh

bullets go through metal
>>
If a real life zombie outbreak would happen in America, it would most likely be all but over in a fortnight due to the amount of firepower available to the military, the police and the average citizen. The goverment also has easily modified to the situation quarantine plans in place.

In the Walking Dead universe, the Zombies are always present as a threat to the point of the nonsensical. It's basically a never ending supernatural purgatory where an element that creates ever heightening tensions that bring out the best and the worst out of people. It uses its setting as to justify a morbid soap opera.
>>
>>344542685
Dood but its clinking and clanking would summon hordes
>>
>>344542736

Having no plan is better than a really, really stupid plan.
>>
>>344542794
If jet fuel cant melt steel beams then explain to me how bullets go through metal
>>
>>344542758
"dirt doesn't need luck"
once you get on your back you have zero chance of getting back up and it's just a matter of time until they manage to get you
>>
>>344542851
Having no plan is giving up. Again, suggest an alternative unless you would rather just give up and die.
>>
If a zombie apocalypse ala TWD happened TOMORROW, would you stand a chance?
>>
>>344541919
i suppose
but you can also apply that to today
Whats your plan? What do you really need?

All you need is the essentials food water safe shelter and company
the latter is optional but smart as fuck for sanity and safety

>>344541856
mate, its so fucking easy to grow food my god man
the only issue depends on the area you live. Do you have conditions that might give your crops frost or being burnt from over exposure to strong sunlight? if so prioritise growing inside/making a greenhouse and that couldnt be terribly hard due to im assuming most people not thinking of looting a hardware store for its rolls of plastic or some pvc pipe
I mean im sure some might but you can even make a small growbox out of a oil drum or bin and some gladwrap on the top

then comes the need for water which is a whole other issue but still doable
i know i seem to be talking out of my ass but i;ve tried the stuff im talking about so i have a bit of legitimacy.
still chances are the whole world would died within a decade. or the zombie apocalypse would never start due to how good todays military equipment is
>>
File: 1428633408338.png (280 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1428633408338.png
280 KB, 664x602
>>344542914

>implying you can do anything to stop the inevitable entropic decay and heat death of the universe
>>
if you chose Jane you're a tard
>>
>>344542758

I never said that my retarded friend, I'm just saying that zombies just grab and hold on anything they can reach, usually with force.

I can be long hair, loose clothes, straps of a backpack.

Just think, it might save your live.

not that I want you to live, jesus christ you are so retarded
>>
>>344542806
The military would find itself spread thin. The citizenry would fall prey to irrational beliefs and sentimental reactions as the recently deceased started returning from the grave. Warlordism would take hold in the countryside and in the suburbs denial. You should brush up on your Romero and Brooks.
>>
>>344542914
Don't try to get a water purifier from a bass pro shop near the sea

that would be a good first step
>>
>>344542939
Possibly. I live in Louisiana, so I regularly buy stuff in case shit goes down during a hurricane. You really won't be able to rely on anyone but yourself. I have some gear in my closets and vehicle, too. I don't really prepare for zombies, just strongly believe you should keep prepared in case of a wild fire, hurricane, anything really
>>
Reminder that Kenny was right about EVERYTHING:

>The boat actually worked
>He was right about Arvo being a bitch
>He is the only one who gave a shit about Clem and AJ
>He was right about Jane - Jane could have stopped after she got his reaction out of him but she kept the knife in her hand because she wanted to kill him
>was right about the fort existing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaWzLZbleo
>>
>>344542758

Oh also, good luck to sneak-pass a hord of 500+ zombies with your clinging knight armor.

Yeah I'm sure you are strong enough to fight them eh ? I mean, you can always run if things go wrong ? oh wait, yo ucan't.
>>
File: actualhero.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
actualhero.png
2 MB, 1366x768
If you didn't get the ending where Kenny walks off into the horizon after proving he was the true hero of Season 2, you got the wrong ending.
>>
>>344543242
>lol no mobility XDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
>>
>>344543109
You still aren't suggesting an alternative. I'm serious here, what would you suggest as a better plan? I agree that there are potential issues with looting that store, so maybe we can think of a different store to try instead?
>>
>>344543292
I also got that ending

Kenny was a true American hero
>>
>>344543320
You're never going to find a water purifier in the first place, your best bet is to scrap that plan entirely or buy them before it happens.

Literally anything would be a better plan than dying to bandits.
>>
>>344542054
Who's to say he didn't already have it on the boat?
It's a fairly common precaution by now, though not a permanent one. Yet, it's just one of many ways you can get clean water at sea.
>>
>>344542982
Growing food is not hard in itself but you need to know which crops need to be planted when, does it need to be in a greenhouse or outside, fertilizer may be required, steady supply of water, etc.

I can guarantee you that people under the age of 30 have no fucking clue how to plant even basic things like potatos.

Sure, you could raid a library and find the information there, but then you still need seeds, a water source, a good plot of land that's not infested with zombies and enough food to survive until those crops are actually harvestable.
>>
>>344543303
Oh yeah, I'm sure you can run for miles without making a shitload of noise, there is no way you'll attract more and more zombies.
>>
>>344540887
i did free runing for years so my plan would be to climb to somewhere safe. Only go down for food. Try to meet people who be able to move around as fast or faster than me and hope i don´t get my ankle twisted by a fall or something
>>
>>344543563

>meet people
you are doomed
>>
>>344542939
Does that setting turn everybody to a retard? If so, then I'm fucked.

If everybody stays not retarded then the zombies are fucked.
>>
>>344543364
>>344543292
i got that ending but it was irresponsible as fuck by kenny
just driving into the cold hoping theres a safe community at the end of it and the writers giving him an oust because you cant kill clem was pretty.. i mean it was relieving and i cant deny it was a nice send off but it was all to romantic for my liking...it was grim but...i dont know it doesnt sit with me 100%
>>
File: 1382361578411.png (22 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
1382361578411.png
22 KB, 207x239
So is there any setting that tries to explain how zombies actually, yknow, work?
Where do they get their energy from? How do they perform locomotion if all of their muscles are non-functioning due to lack of oxygen and nutrition caused by cessation of their body's circulatory system?
>>
File: welcome to die.jpg (132 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
welcome to die.jpg
132 KB, 422x422
>>344542939
>live in australia
>now have desert zombies to deal with as well as the usual wildlife
Nah I'm fucked.
>>
>>344543451
You still haven't suggested an alternative. You're not wrong, you should have a water purifier before anything happens, but hindsight is 20/20. We're talking about what you would do if you didn't already have one. This isn't just an issue with the boat plan, either; you want to talk about things already being looted? Let's talk about water sources. Bottled water is going to be priority numero uno for any looter (once we're past the point where people are stealing TVs and shit and they realize they need stuff that actually matters for survival). You're going to need a consistent source of water.

I'm going to ask one more time: are you capable of thinking of an alternative, or are you literally only capable of pointing out the flaws in others' plans?
>>
>>344543734

read "world war z" by Max Brooks

avoid the retarded movie
>>
>>344543727
But he wasn't hoping, he knew it existed, just like he knew there'd be a boat somewhere.

just like he knew literally EVERYTHING ELSE
>>
>>344543826
>>344543734

Zombie Survival Guide goes into way more depth regarding how the zombies actually work.

Same universe, same author.
Read both.
>>
>>344542939
I think I can survive another four months, winter will be here soon.
>>
>>344543826

I did read it, anon. And it still didn't actually explain anything about the zombies or how they functioned on any level.

Zombies seem to be, in every setting, powered by literal fucking magic.
>>
>>344543563
maybe. But agile people is a scarce resource in those situations. And as long as the group doesn´t gets too large we could do just fine
>>
>>344543826
>avoid the retarded movie
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>344543734
What about "not actually zombies" scenarios like 28 Days Later?
>>
>>344543819
Rainwater collection, purification with iodine tablets etc etc

looting is about the worst way to get water, it's heavy and inefficient
>>
>>344543928

I said World war Z because I forgot about the other book, but as >>344543926
said, it's somehow explained
>>
>>344543958
i meant >>344543629
>>
>>344543759
which part of straya mate?
i reckon shit would be piss easy we have so much space where we live and pretty much everyone of my neighbours have a shotgun or rifle because farms
just stack up on water, petrol, a few tents and a bunch of canned food and fuck off inland man. easy as
>>
>>344543961

With a book like that ? it's cringe as fuck. watch it if you want to see an alternate universe where the zombies are actually less retarded then the humans
>>
>>344543734
This only works when zombies are not actually dead (or a wizard did it)

You're talking more about infected like in the movie 28 days later, where the 'zombies' are still alive but infected by a virus.
>>
>>344543961
>fast zombies
>single protagonist
>no Yonkers
>DUDE A CURE LMAO
>Happy ending

Yeah. It was pretty bad.
>>
>>344540887
Go somewhere where it freezes during the winter for an extended period of time and wait there until cellular damage takes care of zombies.
>>
>>344543978

Infecteds are not zombies, learn your classics
>>
>>344543081
>The military would find itself spread thin
How so? I could imagine they'd enter quarantine mode as soon as the nation's higher ups got wind of the situation.

>The citizenry would fall prey to irrational beliefs and sentimental reactions as the recently deceased started returning from the grave.
Which would last for a bout a day with all but the most mentally unstable in an already Zombie savvy culture.

>Warlordism would take hold in the countryside and in the suburbs denial
Oh, you mean the civil defense force that might not want to relinquish power after the Zombie plague has already been dealt with? Those would be few and far in between, and a much more localized problem to be dealt with, though perhaps even a tougher one than the Zombies themselves.
>>
>>344540887
buy a big rubber bubble that bounces and rolls around and live inside it

no way zombies can catch me
>>
>>344543997
Iodine tablets have the same issue as a purifier - if you don't already have them, you need to find them, and even if you do you probably don't have an infinite or near infinite supply. Rainwater collection is definitely a good idea and something you should do even if you have a purifier or iodine tablets, but it's not consistent. I'm glad we're finally discussing alternatives, though. Obviously zombies are completely fictional and the odds of any apocalypse scenario are microscopic, but it's still good to have a plan just in case.
>>
>>344544127
Been a while since I watched that turd of a movie but I don't remember there being a cure.
>>
>>344543926
Not really,

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_(Max_Brooks)

It's all non-sense, trying to bring realism to the setting just highlights how silly the entire thing is.
>>
File: Depression-1.png (150 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
Depression-1.png
150 KB, 640x340
>>344544127

MFW NO YONKERS
>>
>>344544206
Hence the "not actually zombies" part, friend. I'm just saying I think it's the closest you can get to a realistic zombie apocalypse - even if it isn't actually zombies.
>>
>>344544019

I've read (and own) both books, anon. Neither of them actually explain anything about the zombies - just vaguely hinting that they are paranormal and have just somehow always existed alongside humans for millions of years, even during the times of Homo Erectus and shit.

Like I get the idea, zombies can't actually work in real life and so you have to make them like mythological creatures that operate beyond scientific reason - but the point is that this is never actually stated by anyone.
>>
>>344544258
it's not a cure
but it's a disease thing that doesn't hurt you but makes zambambos not notice you
>>
Which series has the most overpowered zombies?
>>
>>344544258

The cure is to basically get AIDS

>mfw the nigger are immune to the zombie apocalypse
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>344544190
What makes you think you can survive longer in freezing temperatures than them? You would need fuel to keep yourself from freezing to death.
>>
File: 1450077936077.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450077936077.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>344544231
It's easier to get Iodine tablets for 5000 gallons of water than it is to get 50 gallons of clean water to your base.

Also
>not having iodine tablets
I bet you don't even have any lye either
>>
>>344542059
He's right.

Mobility is worth more than armor in a zombie apocalypse.
You can't sprint in full plate. You will overheat and probably be uncomfortable too.

Get swarmed? Say good night because you're going to be canned food.
>>
>>344544293
IM A FUCKIN WALKIN PARADOX
>>
>>344544061
I suppose if we fucked off into the far country/ center of Australia there'd be a better chance. Only problem would be water sources.
>>
>>344544395

no hot blood stream = instant freeze
>>
>>344543081
Wouldn't happen in my part of the US. Warlords especially, since there aren't enough niggers and spics for that to be a thing and the average Oklahoman and Arkansan would easily survive working with other people.
>>
>>344544436
>>344544231
forgot video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmWB1Sl2uzE
>>
>>344544258
there wasn't
there was, however, a "repellant"
>>
File: RIPS INTERNALLY.gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
RIPS INTERNALLY.gif
400 KB, 488x519
>>344540887
CAPTURE A ZOMBIE BITCH
FUCK HER
>>
>>344540887
Do cocaine, play video games
>>
>>344544384
That's not a cure. A cure would help the infected turn back to normal humans.

What you're talking about is camouflage so the zombies don't attack normal humans anymore.
>>
>>344543928
It's because Zombies are literally impossible creatures.
If we had something like it happen in real life (which would probably look more like the 28 Days Later rage virus), even if everything went wrong and we wouldn't be able to adequately quarantine or fight back, it would be a problem that solved itself as there's no way for infected humans behaving that way to sustain themselves with that condition for very long, and would seize to function after a while due to exposure or lack of nutrition.
>>
>>344543081
>The military would find itself spread thin
No it wouldn't, everybody would have to stay inside for a week and wait for the military and voluntary militias to organize and sort the zombies out. This is what happens in night of the living dead, Romero's most iconic movie.
>>
File: 1396652124925.jpg (62 KB, 680x389) Image search: [Google]
1396652124925.jpg
62 KB, 680x389
>>344544515
Well I learned something useful today. Thanks Anon.
>>
File: that fucking face.png (237 KB, 440x672) Image search: [Google]
that fucking face.png
237 KB, 440x672
>mfw Duck kicked the bucket

God... Most zombie shit don't really elaborate on what happens to kids, so I hadn't seen anything like that before... I actually liked Duck.

I felt so shit, like my own kid was dying.
>>
>>344542939
How many 22 rounds kill a zombie?
How many 9 mill? I think I'm safe
>>
>>344544683
awwww shucky ducky quack quack
>>
make booze and grow weed
someone somewhere will want to trade that
>>
File: 1441713720564.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1441713720564.png
1 MB, 1162x850
>>344541360
Don't mind them senpai, my plan would be pretty much the same. There's this suit of armour at my local sword club, so I would go nick that at the start and modify it so it would have the least amount of open areas. Then I'd just strap as many knives as I could on the armor.
>>
>>344543303
>That fat roll at 0:38
>>
>>344544625
The end of that movie hints at an imminent collapse of the human positions by showing rescue station closing down and militiamen dressing what will be fatal zombie bites.
>>
>>344544776
enjoy your death
>>
>>344544776

>makes big noise due to the armor

>gets surrounded by a horde of zombies
And that's why we'll get a lot of armored zombies, because of edgy fucks like you
>>
>>344542939
>own a few firearms
>live in bumfuck nowhere TN far away from metropolitan areas

I could probably survive at least a week, but I'm lazy and out of shape and don't have a ton of survival skills so I would likely be dead within the first month, preferably at my own hand.
>>
>>344544883
At least it'll be rad for a while when I run around in it, and it'll be rad to become an armored zombie that you almost have to use bullets against.
>>
>>344540887
Chill at home until the problem is all sorted out
>>
>>344544776

can the "knights retards" leave the thread please ? God I hate 14yo
>>
>>344544378
Resident Evil movies probably.
>>
>>344540460
>sailboats need diesel
>>
>>344545025
except when the zombies pull off the plates while you're lying on the ground thinking about your poor choices
>>
>>344542152
>Im going to use any term that I feel like and you cant stop me.
And you're going to keep getting corrected you dumb bitch. Cry more.
>>
>>344544378
I want to say Dying Light, if only because of the infected zombies. They run extremely fast, can jump into your buggy and claw at you, randomly burst out of buildings, and super sensitive to sound fuck I hated them so much
>>
>>344545025

It must be so relaxing to be retarded like you, just living around, not using your brain.
>>
>>344540887
To go about my day and wait until the government declares the situation over, as I live on a fairly isolated island where the problem is unlikely to spread to.
>>
>>344545254

they are infected, not zombies
>>
>>344541027
stay away from roads
>>
>>344545292

how do you get there ?
>>
>>344543081
>You should brush up on your Romero
You mean like in the first movie where the zombies were all rounded up and eliminated by militias?
>and Brooks
HA, funny joke. Brooks is a fucking terrible writer, World War Z was god awful.
>>
>>344545292
zombies can survive in anaerobic environments, they could walk on the sea floor until they get you
>>
>>344543292
The real ending is when you finally get him his deserved rest after he's finished that psycho bitch
>>
>>344541027
>That's like saying my goal in life is to avoid getting hit by a car
You bet your ass this would be a good goal in a world infested with cars trying to hit you.
>>
>>344545529

Until you decide to go for a swim without protection, "sea zombies" are not a threath
>>
>>344541360
>>344540887
You wont need a full suit of armor, all you'l need is a solid motor cycle suit. Who the fuck is going to bite through that? They even have reinforced gloves so you can punch shit as hard as you like with no damage to the suit or yourself.
It's also far more available then fucking plate armor
>>
File: 1433829969471.png (34 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
1433829969471.png
34 KB, 493x276
>>344545128
>>344545256
>salty parkourhomos being mad because their hippierunning doesn't actually work in big cities
>>
>>344545562
Now I feel like watching Max Overdrive.
>>
>>344545612
except when they just walk onto your island?
>>
>>344545562

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esu9ZXglBhQ
>>
>>344545529
Would zombies walk on the bottom of the river/sea or float on top?
>>
>>344544882
That, like many such movies, happens in a universe where people are surprisingly non savvy on what is happening, where even the word zombie is rarely uttered.
We however live in a universe where we have the benefit of hindsight on those fabled scenarios, where world governments have actual contingency plans in place for such scenarios, as unlikely they are.
>>
>>344545639
I have no intention of doing anything remotely close to parker

but I realize that armor is about the worst thing you can wear

>>344545741
float initially but sink afterwards
>>
>>344544776
>survive long enough to find another knight
>team up
>completely destroy zombies left and right due to teamwork
>repeat until you have a small army of Knights
>lead a crusade to reclaim the holy lands
>>
>>344541210
>I know a few people who say they would just kill themselves if a real zombie apocalypse happened
That's stupid as fuck.

Zombie apocalypse is easy mode, there a lot worse things that could happen. Hell even war in which civilians get killed is worse.
>>
>>344540887
If I get bitten, put on a fuckload of explosives that would blow up an entire block and be that asshole.
>>
>>344545685

the oceanic ground is filled with miles deep rifts, I'm sure i'll be fine for minimum 20 before I see a zombie on my beach, and I'm sure it will not look well after wandering into the SALTY WATER for so long
>>
>>344545639

We weren't talking about parkour for fuck sake you fucking retard, I'm amazed you lived for so long . Parkour is as stupid as wearing a plate armour, just break your ankle and you are done
>>
>>344540887
post my best memes until zombies begin trying to fuck me, then proceed to shoot my brains out
>>
>>344540887
Well, what's the delivery method for said zombies? Is it an outbreak in a major population center? If so, which one? Is it zombies raising from the dead as if black magic? If so, does that affect the already-deceased?
>>
>>344545965

Dude I have bad news for you.

Internet will be shut down on first days
>>
>>344545863
There are potentially millions of zombies wandering around down there, they will undoubtedly wash up on shore at some point, and if you aren't watching your property literally all the time then it has a good chance of getting your livestock and your only means of survival.
>>
>>344540887
I have year worth of food&water for my whole family.

I also live in a country with rather restricitve gun laws but own them myself, meaning I have a pretty big advantage over any other survivors.

With a bit of luck should be fine.
>>
>>344540887
Take a helicopter and find a tropical island and live out the rest of my life in comfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkFFmjdzxE0
>>
>>344545965
>implying there will be electricity
Then again, you'd probably walk out the door and start spouting memes anyways.
>>
File: 1415802928064.jpg (103 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
1415802928064.jpg
103 KB, 500x686
>>344545789
>ride motorcycles as horses
>act like you're nobility
>rape peasants while going off to holy land
>die from dehydration
I would join zombieslayer knights
>>
I swear to god if I see any retard wandering in a knight armor I'll shoot him o nthe head from a distance, just to avoid to deal with an armored zombie later.
>>
>>344540887
Funny enough, go on a boat. I think it is fucking retarded how in most movies/TV shows the zombie apocalypse just suddenly happens. Surely a few weeks or at least days before shit got out of control you'd be able to see enough on the news to know what is coming. I find it hard to believe that it all would just suddenly happen and everyone would be unprepared.

I'd probably buy tons of shit, buy a boat, and settle for just off the coast. I also think after a while the military would get it under control, the idea that bombing/napalming the streets would do nothing to zombies also seems far-fetched. I bet after a few months of shit being really bad and riding it out on my boat everything would be fixed.
>>
>>344546157
>rides bikes instead of horse

>loud
>need gas
>can break
and people still wonder how humanity lost when they see a zombie movie.
>>
File: 1453963826382.jpg (109 KB, 755x960) Image search: [Google]
1453963826382.jpg
109 KB, 755x960
>>344545959
>he takes discussions of "zombie survival" this seriously
>>
>>344546173
How about chainmail?
>>
>>344545481
By boat or plane, an option that would be retracted as soon as we got word of the situation. Population here is fairly scarce and spread out as well, yet every household has a landline that could be used to communicate in the unlikely event a zombie showed up on our shores.
There's plenty of ways to sustain ourselves here without being able to import modern necessities, plenty of clean water, and our harsh winters would be likely to automatically take care of the problem if push came to shove.
>>
File: image.jpg (558 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
558 KB, 1280x960
>>344544549
There's nothing hotter than tying a zombie to a lamp post and using her as a cum bucket.
The whole community can use her too
>>
>>344540962
Boat is a great idea. It gives you some pace to sleep and live safe and sound at the very least while being able to travel and search for supplies.
>>
>>344540887

Wait them out. They'll starve to death, unless they're "magic" zombies.

Organic creatures can't keep going on forever because they "ignore the pain". If you don't eat, you'll die. Either the zombies start eating each other (good), or they starve to re-death (great)
>>
File: 1467020404558.jpg (49 KB, 565x486) Image search: [Google]
1467020404558.jpg
49 KB, 565x486
>>344546289
>get's BTFO
>shitposting to deflect shame
>>
>>344546297

even if you wear chainmail, the bite will be strong enough to hurt you under the armor. Ypu'll not be infected, but you'll suffer hell.
The best thing in a zombie apocalyspe is not to get caught !
>>
>>344546289
>let me change the subject because I just realized the armor plan might not be the best
>>
>>344546289

What's the point of this thread then you fucking retard ?
>>
>>344545741
The only thing that keeps humans afloat is our lungs. Zombies usually have holes in their's so theres that
>>
>>344546280
>needs gas
Much less gas than a boat though. And if it's a zombie apocalypse you know there's plenty of cars laying around to be siphoned.
>loud
Won't be a problem if you're speeding past them.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 960x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE&feature=share

>not teaming up with this guy
>>
>>344546717

When will people will realize that the best way to survive a zombie apocalypse is to be sneaky as fuck instead of goign full rambo ?
>>
>>344546717
You can sprint faster than them but they have infinite stamina.

Remember the train in TWD that attracted every zombie for 100 miles to Savannah?

>>344546820
primitive technology is the shit
>>
>>344540763
You should be writing character dialogue for gearbox
>>
>>344545637
Yeah, I mean unless we're talking about magical resident evil supermutant zombies, regular zombies are typically just normal people. ROTTING people, at that.
Atrophied muscles and flimsy human teeth are portrayed as way more of a threat than they really are.
>>
File: 1463973811172.jpg (360 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1463973811172.jpg
360 KB, 1280x853
>>344546859
Because some people wish to die a warrior's death.
>>
>>344546717
>And if it's a zombie apocalypse you know there's plenty of cars laying around to be siphoned

Yeah that'll work for the first six months or so of the apocalypse. So many people don't seem to realize that gasoline goes bad after a while.
>>
File: 1430849581093.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1430849581093.png
116 KB, 228x260
>>344539914
>Would his boat plan have worked?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Oh man
HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
Fucking Kennyfags
>>
Just go on foot, be sneaky, avoid contact, carry a gun only to deal with HUMAN raiders, use a sharpened shovel or any melee weapon that can't break easily (avoid weebs katanas, they are usually made in shit tier metal, pick a machette instead) don't wear loose clothe to avoid being grasped by zombies, same for hair, cut your basement dweller's ponytail. avoid travellign in large groups, hydrate , eat, sleep in high locations.
>>
>>344545637
>>344547053
Normal people have enough bite force to REALLY fuck you up, even if the teeth don't touch you directly.

Like tear off a chunk of arm kind of force.
>>
>>344542294
>inb4 get raided by bandits
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 226x223
>>344547053
What if we placed Vietnam War teir traps everywhere?
>>
>>344546859
It's the most fun though.
>>344546886
Bikes aren't as loud as a train though anon. I'm no mechanic but I know you can modify your exhaust or whatever to make that shit super quiet
>you can out run them
Are we just talking about twd zombies?
>>
>>344547320

this : in a zombie apocalypse, humans will be the major threat
>>
>>344542939
I can just wait for the military to mop the zombies up, right?
>>
>>344547352

so you plan during a zombie apoclypse is to die in style ?
>>
>>344547352
Bikes are loud enough to attract every zombie in a mile wide radius, remember there won't be ANY background noise after a while, only the piercing sound of your engine.

>I can't do it but it's possible to....
then why are you talking about it if you can't fucking do it
>>
>>344547220
Use your inner chimp and rip off their arms
>>
>>344547053

>regular zombies are weak.
>Every media depiction of zombies has them not weak.
>but my zombies are regular, I swear!
>>
>>344547352
It's a hell of a lot easier to make an exhaust louder than it is to make it quieter, and if you started fucking with it without any prior experience you would most definitely make it louder.
>>
>>344547452
Style is always important, gotta looks swag
>>
>>344547371
This is why I liked the last of us.
The humans were shit teir assholes. The raiders drove around in that god awful truck and shot and supposedly molested women and stole their shit.
The dudes in the north killed every other person and used their corpses as food.
>>
>>344547594

Yeah I bet you look good with your guts outside of your stomach
>>
>>344547664
Yea that would be gucci if I died doing a dab with my guts out
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (314 KB, 1544x526) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
314 KB, 1544x526
who would win?
>>
>>344540231
Why not just go to an island where they can control the population?

Like the Florida keys
>>
>>344547508
>Every media depiction of zombies suspends real world logic in order to function
>Real world logic applies in the real world, along with the government, military and general public being genre savvy after over 30 years of zombie media

But, muh doomsday fantasies!
>>
>>344547784
>zombie apocalypse happens
>internet is shut off after a few days
>legions of neckbeards ascend from their caves wielding katanas and moist nuggets
>zombies are dead in 3 days
>internet comes back on in a few weeks
>>
>>344547741
Superman. Their attacks couldn't penetrate his skin, and he can just fuck off to the sky or off world if he gets tired of dealing with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x338
>>344547508
To be fair anon, if resident evil tier zombies existed id kill myself
>>
>>344547741
nigga he just flies up and incinerates them.
>>
>>344547663
I really hope Days Gone manages to be good since it's basically an open world Last of Us. I should also replay The Last of Us, but I played on the hardest difficulty the first time through and the idea of replaying on a lower difficulty is kind of weird for some reason.

Also every time I think about replaying it I think of that segment where you have to escort the black kid through the sewers and it's like holy shit fuck no. I hated that so much, because maybe I was just unlucky but it felt like it was scripted so that everyone instantly got alerted if you stealth killed anyone.
>>
>>344547452
>not finding the raddest way to die in an apocalyptic event
Odds are you're gonna die anyways. You might as well survive the most rewarding way possible
>>344547463
>>344547579
I live in hick land so it's not too hard to find someone who knows shit like that
>>
>>344547220
Human teeth can be deadly, yeah, but with even a small amount of protection and they can barely touch you.
Like what anon said about a decent kevlar motorcycle suit, a human bite won't do jack shit to that, it'll bruise you at worst unless they catch a finger or an ear or something.

There are plenty of situations that'll still get you killed, you're not invincible to a hundred zombies bashing your skull in.
>>
>>344547773
How do you stop other assholes with boats going to your island?
>>
File: 1467204369879.png (206 KB, 393x404) Image search: [Google]
1467204369879.png
206 KB, 393x404
>All these people talking about buying massive suits of medieval armour
>A leather jacket/biker jumpsuit would provide just as much protection

All that chainmail and plate is really gonna be necessary for teeth and nails...
>>
>>344548010
>Odds are you're gonna die anyways. You might as well survive the most rewarding way possible

My plan is to be the last man on earth
>>
>>344545637
>>344548138
Just read the thread, glad there are other sane people here
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.