[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best party to use in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: final-fantasy-x-logo-600x389.jpg (68 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-x-logo-600x389.jpg
68 KB, 600x389
What's the best party to use in this game?
>>
>>344533224
Rikku and no one else
>>
3 Auron.
>>
>>344533387
Wakka and Tidus just because you need more than 1
>>
>>344533224
Against random mobs: Auron, Lulu and Wakka.

Against bosses: Auron, Yuna and Tidus.

Tidus isn't as strong as auron but his cheering and haste abilities are really useful. Only use Lulu if you're against enemies that can only be harmed by magic.
>>
Whichever one turns it off and starts a game that is actually fun.
>>
Endgame Rikku Tidus Wakka. Best overdrives, fast animations and also underwater party.
>>
Whichever is needed at the moment, you can switch party members on the fly so there's no reason to stick to a single composition.
>>
Rikku, Tidus and Wakka for a party that you can use in any situation.
Other than that, you can use any character that you like.
>>
>>344533735
Shut the fuck up retard
>>
I hardly remember this game. Is it gameplay heavy or is there a lot of slow walking and shit story I'll get fed up of as an adult?
>>
>>344534223
>Is it gameplay heavy

No. It's even less gameplay heavy than its predecessors.

>or is there a lot of slow walking and shit story I'll get fed up of as an adult?

There's a lot of running through linear hallways with beautiful scenery. The story was a mixed bag, some loved it others hated it. It depends on what you think of JRPG stories in general.
>>
>>344534531
I don't even know anymore. I'm more aware of what I dislike, but not what I like.
>>
>>344533224
the only 3 that can battle underwater so you never have to change your party.
>>
>>344534786
Well what do you dislike?
>>
>>344535064
Slow bits where you walk along behind people also walking slow. QTEs. Story and haveplwy constantly interfering with one another as modern games love to have (walk for 30 seconds, cutscene, over and over again). Open worlds. Although I like hubs to explore.

The only game I wanted to like this year was Mirrors Edge but that looks like typical open world shite.
>>
>>344533224
Depends really. Throughout the story you can go with any combination. Usually Tidus Auron Lulu take care of everything, in boss battles you switch in Yuna for buffs, debuffs and heals(and aeons if you're really shit).

For postgame stuff like Dark Aeons and Monster Arena Originals you gotta go with Tidus Wakka and Rikku. For initial stat maxing get Tidus', Wakka's, Auron's and Yuna's celestial weapons.
>>
>>344533224

Don't play it.
>>
File: Tidus_&_Yuna-1.jpg (222 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tidus_&_Yuna-1.jpg
222 KB, 1600x1200
>>344535386
>Slow bits where you walk along behind people also walking slow.

I don't think it has that.

>QTEs.

Okay it has that, but they're optional for the most part.

>Story and haveplwy constantly interfering with one another as modern games love to have (walk for 30 seconds, cutscene, over and over again).

You should probably just turn away right now.

>Open worlds.

You definitely don't have to worry about this though.
>>
>>344534223
Lots of story until the game gets really open world. If you fight through 90% of encounters it will probably take you like 30~ hours until you're done in Zanarkand so you can finally explore everything.
>>
>>344533224
There are like 2 or 3 somewhat challenging fights throughout the whole story. You can literally go with any party setup.

If you want to grind for Dark Aeons and stuff you will mostly be using Wakka Tidus and Rikku in those fights. Wakka does 1.2m dmg with Attack Reels, Tidus does like 800k with Blitz Ace I think(or 700k, not sure how often he hits) and Rikku's mix gives your party all the neccessary buffs so you don't have to waste turns applying them.
>>
>>344536208
>There are like 2 or 3 somewhat challenging fights throughout the whole story. You can literally go with any party setup.

Evraea, Gagazet Seymour and Yunalesca?

Last I played I don't think I leveled any character other than yuna until the Evraea fight.
>>
>>344536507
And Braska's Final Aeon, until you find out you can cheese him with Yojimbo.
>>
>>344533224
The one you want to use.

Endgame minmax is Tidus Wakka Rikku but that's just if you want to be as optimal as possible. It really doesn't matter. Anima's overdrive kills 99% of enemies in the game.
>>
Yuna+Aurons Path
>>
OK YOU FAGGOTS WANT THE FOOLPROOF KHIMARI STRATEGY? BECAUSE HERE YOU FUCKING GO

1. TAKE HIM DOWN RIKKU'S PATH.
2. FOLLOW IT UNTIL YOU GET A LEVEL 2 KEY SPHERE (SPHERIMORPH FIGHT) AND IDEALLY HEAD BACK UP BEFORE THE FIGHT
3. USE THE LEVEL 2 KEY SPHERE TO TAKE THE SHORTCUT INTO YUNA'S PATH, WHERE YOU CAN LEARN REFLECT AND DISPEL
4. FOLLOW THAT PATH UNTIL YOU HAVE KHIMARI LEARNING CURAGA, REGEN, AND FUCKING HOLY
>>
>Dad...I hate you
>>
>>344537292
Apologies for leaving the trip on, I know I'm a faggot.
>>
>>344533224
I never managed to win the chocobo racing minigame so I ditched Tidus for the whole game due to the lack of Celestial weapon. Fuck that shit.

Yuna, Auron and Wakka
>>
Auron, Wakka, Yuna
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.