[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DN/YGOPRO Taken Down + Copy of YGOPRO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: YGOPRO.jpg (21 KB, 353x143) Image search: [Google]
YGOPRO.jpg
21 KB, 353x143
Custom Copy of YGOPRO since website got taken down.
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?21rvrac0a5ml1b1
Also, General Yu Gi Oh! Thread.
>>
>Ignored the whole yugioh fad when it originally came out
>Tried to play one of the games on the DS
>CPU immediately destroyed me in like 3 turns

This shit is just impenetrable for a new audience
>>
>tfw the new Yugioh games will be absolute shit compared to YGOPRO
I just want to play with the new cards Konami
>>
When did Yugioh go to shit?
>>
>>344523957
OP- I just came back after a 8 year leave.
Imagine how I felt. Only took me a few days to learn everything besides Pendulums. Fucking Pendulums...
>>
>>344524096
When Pend became a thing.
>>
So what decks do you guys run? Links?
>>
>>344524273
OP- Here are mine, didn't include them just so it would be clean. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d47ce7k8u4c9d/Decks
>>
I hope this all means that new konami pc yugioh game won't be shit and will be constantly updated.
>>
>>344525108
It will be.
>>
>>344524096
special summons tbhfam
plus most people irl cheat so enjoy them otk
>>
>>344525341
Fusions, Synchros, and XYZ are fine. But Pends are just really strong. And the ability to have 2 feild spells makes no sense.
>>
>>344524096
Pendulum monsters are a neat idea but pendulum SUMMONING is shit.
I also think XYZ stuff is a better fusion mechanic.
>>
>>344525697
I think fusions are more balanced than xyz.
>>
>>344524096
Pendulums. Bloated mechanic that only works well in archetypes specifically designed around the mechanic. Said archetypes are also stupidly overpowered as a result.
>>
>>344525883
At least with XYZ monsters you have to have two of the same level monsters on the field to do it.
But with fusions, you just fuse the monsters in your hand to make it.
XYZs are also less specific for their material most of the time, so they can be used in more decks instead of just the decks they're made for.
Like that new Red Eyes fusion card? Who even cares aside from people who have Red Eyes deck but that Red Eyes XYZ? It's pretty good in a lot of decks that have level 7s.
>>
>>344524096
The quality of the TCG is always in accordance with the quality of the Yugioh anime currently airing at that time.

It's a scientific fact.
>>
>>344526180
I actually run a Red Eyes deck without the XYZ and with the Archfiend.
>>
>>344526258
This guy? I love his redesign.

>inb4 you say it's not this one and you run the old beater
>>
>>344526541
That's the one.
>>
>>344526541
I actually run both just in case. But I always use him. Why not use both when you can for no drawback?
>>
What's a good fusion centered deck?
I've been looking at Lunalights and they seem like they'll be really good when Perfume and Fox come out.
Also is shit like Lunalight Dance and Lunar Eclipse just going to be anime stuff?
>>
>>344526852
Not a big fusion deck player so I have no clue, sorry.
>>
>>344526852
Furnimals ;)
>>
>ygpro taken down

Wait, what the fuck? You guys told me that the guy was chinese
>>
>>344527146
What?? XD
>>
>release what is probably the best ygo game ever
>no updates
>no news on the updates that were supposed to come this year

Can we just fucking put konami out of its misery already?
>>
>>344527280
I'm with you.
Say Aye if you are with us!
AYE!
>>
>>344524103
Pendulums are surprisingly simple. You look at them and expect them to somehow be two types of cards at the same time. But they aren't.
They are plain monsters 90% of the time. All the time wherever and whenever, except when in the Pendulum Zones, they are just monsters.

The only thing that sets pendulum monsters apart are
1. When in the hand they can be placed face-up in one of two available "pendulum zones".
2. When about to be activated face-up in a pendulum zone a pendulum monster seizes to be a monster and instead acts as a spell card 100%. Its monster effect no longer applies if any, and its "pendulum effect" aka its spell effect takes its place.
3. When a pendulum card on the field, be it in a monster zone, spell/trap zone, or a pendulum zone, would be sent to the graveyard it's instead sent face-up ontop of the extra deck.

Those are all the differences between a pendulum card and other cards. They're honestly simpler than Xyz monsters. Or regular Nomi or Semi-Nomi monsters.
>>
>>344527280
>people spend money on this instead of downloading Ygopro
>>
>>344527516
I'm quite positive people who say "pendulums are hard" shouldn't even be on this site(and by that I mean they are underage)
>>
>>344527516
How is that simpler then XYZ?
XYZ monsters are literally just putting two of the same level monster together to make a monster whos rank is the same as their level.
>>
>>344527809
I just had no idea how they worked until now. How many times have I been FTKed by a pend? Atleast 60 times.
>>
File: 1455583940724.jpg (240 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
1455583940724.jpg
240 KB, 800x611
>>344527721
boring
>>
>>344527894
The only "hard" thing about XYZ is that you need to remember at all times "HEY THESE FUCKERS ARENT AFFECTED BY LEVEL MECHANICS", and if someone can't remember that, watch ep 39 of Arc-V
Also there used to be that really bad confusion when XYZ first debuted where retards tought "detach XYZ material" meant summoning the material back on the field
>>
>>344524096
It has always been shit, especially back in the days where vanillas roamed the game. There's no strategy and your options for making plays are linear. Luck is a factor in all card games but this game has luck as the deciding factor of matches. I admit though that it is pretty fun when both you and your opponent are evenly matched with the cards you drew and you get back and forward plays, but that's like one in a thousand games
>>
File: PTDN-BoosterEN.jpg (44 KB, 279x480) Image search: [Google]
PTDN-BoosterEN.jpg
44 KB, 279x480
>>344524096
When they made this abomination of a set and they just threw balance out of the window forever and infected it with their rarity changing whoring
>muh Synchros!
>muh Xyzs
>muh Pendulums!
>no one remembers triple DAD

People that call yugioh expensive now have no idea how insane the prizes were for the cards in this set when it was relevant.
It was absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
I've bought a shit load of YuGiOh cards BECAUSE of these YuGiOh video games. If it weren't for Dueling Network back in 2011, I would've never gotten back into this card game.

Konami should be doing their own free YuGiOh video game. It's advertising, it brainwashes you into wanting to own your favorite cards in real life.
>>
>>344528234
they should retcon that shit though, its fucking stupid that now some of my cards are useless due to not changing the fucking symbol.
>>
>>344527894
Xyz cards comes with the quirks of having ranks instead of levels.
The mechanics of the xyz material zones and how xyz materials aren't on the field and how being sent as an xyz material to anywhere else does not count as having been sent from the field, and being taken as an xyz material from the field does not count as the card having been removed from the field despite no longer being on the field since it's now an xyz material instead.

In comparison, the absolute most contrived situation involving pendulum cards would just be that if something whatever it is, would prevent a card from being sent to the graveyard, such as Macro Cosmos or whatever. Then that takes precedence over the pendulum card being sent to the extra deck since it could never be sent to the graveyard to begin with.

Truth be told. Both really are simple. But I'd honestly wager that Xyz cards are more complex. That bullshit regarding xyz materials is honestly pretty whack. Especially the part about how it allows you to remove cards from the field without it ever registering as the cards having ever left the field. Pendulum cards are just monster cards that are sometimes spell cards instead.
>>
It just dawned on me why xyz monsters need to have "ranks" instead of levels. If xyz monsters had levels, you could just overlay multiple xyz monsters for more xyz monsters.

I feel so stupid.
>>
>>344528784
Well you'd just make a shit ton of the same xyz monster so it'd have a shit ton of materials on it so you could spam the fuck out of its effect.
>>
OP- Im heading out, cya guys!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.