[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought a DS4 controller to play PC games with. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: ds4.jpg (2 MB, 3120x2760) Image search: [Google]
ds4.jpg
2 MB, 3120x2760
Just bought a DS4 controller to play PC games with.

What are some PC games that support this controller? Like have the options to use the DS4 prompts?
>>
Why? Legit question. I've owned and sold a Wii U and Xbone to buy a PS4 but both had massively better and if I'm not mistaken cheaper controllers.

The DS controllers keep getting worse gen after gen.
>>
Every PC game these days assumes you're using a 360, Xbone or Steam controller now.
>>
>>344512536
This.

Just assume A = circle B = X
>>
Anything that has a controller? My friends and I play Overwatch together with PS4 controllers, bretty fun but my weird hand positioning always ends up making me flick my finger over the touchpad and fucking the aim up. For that reason I prefer the xbone controller.
>>
Dying Light and Phantom Pain off the top of my head.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualShock_4#Support_in_games
>>
>>344512186
I played through Witcher 3 with a ps4 controller. Worked pretty well.
>>
I know that Shovel Knight automatically changed it's button prompts to be playstation ones even though I was using an xinput wrapper.
>>
>>344512186

>left analog placed down low, forcing your thumb to extend further out in an awkward postion
>flimsly light build quality, feels like china crap when you hold it
>asthetics similar to a sex toy. you must be one of those nu-males who enjoys anal masturbation
>bluetooth connection to PC - noticable input lag
>no native support for xinput, which is used by everything. sony forces you to manually configure every game like a chimp, or use a wrapper which is not 100% compatible with all games

this controller is literally the worst piece of gaming hardware on the market
>>
>>344513578
kek nice try
>>
>>344513578
wrappers are 100% compatible with everything xinput.
Also I've measured the latency on the pad compared to the wireless 2.4Ghz of my XBO usb adapter, they're identical.
The only actual objective fault with the controller is its battery life, even if you turn the touchpad and the light off it lasts hardly any time at all.

The xbox one S pad would be perfect because it supports BT and wireless 2.4Ghz now, if only it had a better dpad it would be the only pad you'd need.
>>
>>344512186
>What are some PC games that support this controller?
Do you really have to question whether or not a game can recognize your controller?

I plug an Xbox controller in and it works with every single game that has controller support no questions asked
>>
File: 1467608822595.png (114 KB, 701x900) Image search: [Google]
1467608822595.png
114 KB, 701x900
>>344513965

lol you don't know shit about the x360ce
fucking plebby boy scum with your little j-shit steam library

do you really think the wrapper is anywhere good as the real thing?
you will literally make up any excuse for such a shit product

goto bed, son
>>
>>344513578
>left analog placed down low, forcing your thumb to extend further out in an awkward postion

YYUUUUGGEEEE
>>
File: 1437338692553.jpg (43 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1437338692553.jpg
43 KB, 720x720
>>344515705
what's your problem?
I own a XBO and DS4 pad despite owning neither console and neither is perfect.
Calm down.
>>
File: 1467704027558.png (465 KB, 1084x2356) Image search: [Google]
1467704027558.png
465 KB, 1084x2356
>not using the best controller of all time

Why?
>>
>>344516803

P.S.

nobody gives a shit about the Dpad
being a "secondary location" input

the 360 dpad is actually perfect for everything except SNES emulation, which only autists do
>>
>>344512858
Why the fuck are you playing Overwatch on the PC with a fucking controller?
Holy shit, is this the kind of morons I'm playing with? No wonder there are so many shitters.
>>
File: 1449698374082.gif (2 MB, 332x215) Image search: [Google]
1449698374082.gif
2 MB, 332x215
>>344516803
oh god this image is such good bait.
that config with the big green tick is only accurate for "character action" games.
Literally everything else is better with the other configs.
Most 3D games require constant camera control which means you want both thumbs on sticks, and most 2D games require a thumb on the dpad and a thumb on the face buttons.
>>344516939
>it's okay that the DPAD is shit, no one buys a controller to emulate games!
>>
>>344512186
DS4 is DirectInput, any game with support will work.

If you get the SCP driver you can use xinput, meaning any game with 360 pad support will work.

A few games will have texture mods to replace input, such as Dark Souls, but they're few and far between.

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
>>
>>344517103

"directinout" is the basic level of compatibility for the device to even function on windows.
it means nothing

"xinput" on the otherhand is what virtually every game on the PC actually uses

and the "SCP" driver is shit

get real, nigger
>>
>>344517610
>and the "SCP" driver is shit
Got an explanation since it's just an xinput wrapper?
>>
>>344512186
Shoulda gone with the DS3, honestly. The DS4 is a cheap piece of junk and you get no extra features on PC, unless they've updated the software. That, and DS3s were just more reliable.
>>
>>344518343
DS3 is less comfortable, has shit triggers, uses mini USB and has no native compatibility.
Shit on dinput all you want, it's better than nothing for when you just want to plug and go.
>>
install ds4windows and get used to xbox button prompts, because if your IQ is ~100 you'll immediately be able to press the corresponding DS4 button
>>
>>344513578

troll post, but ds4windows exist

it works flawlessly
>>
>>344516803
have fun playing monster hunter with an xboner controller

>m-m-muh symmetrical thumbs

its more natural to ahve movement and camera controls in the same position, and having the dpad in a way where you dont need upside down hands to use on the fly its infinitely better

fuck off xdudebro shill
>>
Hit and miss. Witcher 3 have to use space bar to dismount horse. Occasionally it seemed to recognise it as a PS4 controller, but mostly it's Xbox. In some Battlefield Games too singleplayer stuff required keyboard usage. It's annoying as DS4>>>Xbox 360 controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbone cont>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laptop touchpad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steam controller
>>
>>344518461
i tried playing ff type 0 for awhile with out the button prompt mod

it was doable but eveyr once ina while when you forget and muscle memory takes over its a bitch
>>
>>344518415
Wait, DS4 has native compatibility now? I guess you could justify using the DS4 that way. The DS3 triggers really aren't so bad after you get used to the controller. I'm saying this as someone who prefers XB360/GC style controllers. That, and the "start" and "select" buttons aren't practically flush with the rest of the controller on the DS3. Not to mention how nice and quiet the DS3 is.
>>
>>344518876
The DS4 has been plug and play since it existed, it's just only dinput that way.
>>
>>344512858
I play overwatch on PS4 but holy shit you're dumb
>>
>>344518628
Not him, but your "natural", or neutral position for your thumbs is in the upper position, which is why GCN and Xbox controllers had the stick in the top on the left, and the face buttons on the top on the right. That way you have your full range of movement and control. There were actual fucking reasons behind the button placement. Horrifying, I know.
>>
>>344518876

yes but you still need soft ware for it to work with gayms

ds4 windows is quick and dirty
>>
>>344519092

>full range

I moved my characters just fine on the dualshock series. What, your hands to big and filled with grease to handle a ds, amerifat?
>>
>>344519132
Except apparently you don't get analog, if I am guessing what dinput is correctly? Getting the DS3 to work fully is as simple as installing a wrapper for your 360 controller drivers.
>>
>>344519223
analog just refers to a lack in sensitivity sensors. The controller cant tell hwo hard you press a button.

Trust me, ds4 is even simpler, you downlaod, install the driver and thats pretty much it, you just need to connect it the controller to your pc or use bluetooth
>>
>>344519365
That's not what analog means at all
>>
>>344519184
I play just fine on a DualShock, but I'm not gonna pretend that the GC/360 layouts weren't that way for a reason, or that the DS and Wii U Pro pad layouts aren't ridiculous. Hold a controller with your thumbs in neutral position (in other words not using any of your muscles. Just resting them on the controller), and look at where they lie. A lot of the time, the placement won't adversely affect gameplay. In fact, the only games I can think of off the top of my head that suffer from the left stick placement on DS controllers are Resident Evil titles, but that doesn't mean it's not more beneficial to the player to put the left stick in the top position. You're going to be using it more than the D-pad anyway.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.