[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Final Fantasy X, great game overall really enjoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: ffx.jpg (128 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
128 KB, 1024x766
Just finished Final Fantasy X, great game overall really enjoyed it. Now out of the ones I haven't finished yet II, VI, IX, XII, and XIII, which should I play next /v/?
>>
idk you played the worst one first.

that game is terrible.
try 12 or 13 if you want a similar game .
>>
>>344503319
>VI, IX
Either of those two. Go for IX. I enjoyed playing it on Vita.
>>
File: um6ijro.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
um6ijro.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>>344503441
>>
X is great, don't listen to the naysayers --
though 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and arguably 12 are all better. The rest are fine, 13 and arguably 8 are the only "bad" ones.
>>
>>344503512
Does IX have a similar feel to like IV and V? That's what I've heard and I would dig that.

>>344503607
Of the ones I've finished so far I thought IV, V, VII and VIII were better than X, still good though.
>>
>>344503723
Nine is a throwback game, with all the canonical jobs presented as you'd expect them and a not-very-complicated plot. That said, Six is usually considered one of the best, if not the pinnacle of the series.
>>
>>3445036078 aint bad, just unique in ways
>>
>>344504097
Most of my friends were surprised why I hadn't gotten to VI yet but I'd already ran through IV and V and wanted something different so I went through VIII and X.
>>
>>344503319
IX is the best of those, but given hhow much it refers to previous games you may want to play the games before it first. Not doing so won't hurt the game, but doing so will make it a tiny bit better
>>
File: kanye-west.jpg (57 KB, 618x410) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west.jpg
57 KB, 618x410
>>344503319

Final Fantasy 12 was the greatest game of all time
>>
>>344503607
>VIII is bad
you will die in your sleep tonight
>>
>>344503319
Eh, VI or IX.
I find VI boring but having replayed XI again just last month I was feeling really underwhelmed by it. so, pick one of those two either way.
After, I'd go with XII then XIII
>>
>>344504471
i second the motion
>>
>>344504341
>IX fags
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>344504296
That makes sense on both ends, Six is very much the transitional game between Five and Seven: it still has most of the canonical classes, but it's far more character- and story-driven than Five, which is mostly adventure-driven. Eight was a game where they largely dispensed with the canonical classes and relegated them to limit breaks, and focused on a mechanically-homogeneous party with strong personalities and a front-and-center story.
>>
>>344503723

Alright based on that information I think you actually have a good chance to like XIII the most (there's an IV, VIII, X and XIII correlation), then IX, then VI, then XII and II last.
>>
>>344503319
VI.
Skip II and IX.
>>
VI is the biggest hole in your list. Play it first.
>>
>>344503319
Jap II is the absolute worst, slog through it, then play IX or XII to learn how to love again
>>
>>344504781
IV and VIII are actually my favorite two so far.
>>
>>344504471
>>344504620
I don't know if you two are aware of this but, you are in the minority. Most FF fans I've met rate VIII pretty low. I've met one other person who felt VIII was great but at least he knew most people didn't feel that way.

I love III, but people don't like how dry it is. I like it for it's good mechanics and large world.
>>
>>344503319
IX. It's a fucking beautiful game. Just finished it on Steam a few months ago for the first time in yeara, and have the urge to play it again. Saying that, i need to finish my Steam playthrough of X.
>>
>>344503319
If you like VII, VI is basically that with sprite graphics and annoyingly high amounts of random battles by comparison.

XIII is a hallway. Its not bad exactly its just a bit bland and trying really hard to be Xenosaga, fuck knows why. Shit should have been an anime.

II I don't know.

XI is beloved by a lot of /v/, but you could chop the game down to three characters and the story would barely change, most are forced in to fill a job slot. Its a bit inconsistent with them as well and I got bored and never made it past disc 2 if I remember.
>>
>>344505225
I first heard people thought VIII was bad when i got on /v/ years ago. Up until then, everyone i knew who played it loved it. It's not as hated as people like to make out it is.
>>
>>344503319
I played IX last and I'm happy I did. It ended up being my favorite so I loved ending on such a strong game. I vote for VI next or II to get it over with
>>
>>344505604
The only bad mainline final fantasy game is II. The other games range from average to very good. None of them are life changing, but very few games are and that's okay.
>>
>>344506118
Is II still bad on PSP?
>>
>>344506118
There is nothing average about FFXIII.
>>
>>344504830
>Skip IX.
Hmm
>>
>>344505057

>>344505057

So I figured. Well good luck then. Hopefully the hallways or the writing weren't your biggest gripes with X, placing it lower. XIII is a particular beast.
>>
>>344506978
The hallways were actually my least favorite part of X, it felt too restricted like I was being strung along. The battle system and sphere system I liked though.
>>
File: Ccz_uafWEAEc2gw.jpg (22 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
Ccz_uafWEAEc2gw.jpg
22 KB, 472x472
I'm playing through VI now and I'm getting the urge to just drop it, honestly. The entire second half of the game is just shitty side quests.

Also, everything I've heard about Kefka's tower seems like utter garbage.

>can only use magic so you have to grind all your characters to an acceptable state
>forces you to use characters you haven't used for the entire game

pretty shit to be honest, lads.

convince me to finish it pls
>>
>>344507216
Imagine the sphere grid turned into a hallway. And the hallway level design is even more of a hallway.
>>
>>344507543
Honestly cheat. The game is wonderful but the grind is horrible. If you don't have a means to cheat outside the game when you get to river raft part you can tape down the right buttons on a controller and leave it over night to level up.
>>
>>344507216

>the hallways were actually my least favorite part of X, it felt too restricted like I was being strung along.

Then I rescind my recommendation. I was hopeful, since IV is also quite restrictive in terms of choices and locations you can visit so maybe you would be okay with a "guided" experience. Including here the leveling. I mean Crystarium is basically the Sphere Grid, if you had no possible choice at all, which would be quite similar for one playthrough, if you didn't venture out on the Grid in X. (Also XIII has very little to offer in its battle system interactionwise.)

IX will be probably be the best for you. It's a solid entry at worst.
>>
>>344506247
Not sure. The game in general is bad. It wasn't being old that made it bad because I enjoyed 1. The combat is frustrating because levels degrade and everything besides high level magic is worthless by the end of the game. Parts also suffer from an uncomfortably high encounter rate.
>>
>>344506247
Yes yes and hmmmm Yes
>>
I'd recommend playing 9 before any of the really old classic ones. 9 captured the feel of all the old ones. It had the most traditional Final Fantasy elements in it. It's arguably the best Final Fantasy game. The one area it lacks is the combat system. Not bad, but not great either. Complaints about the long intro scenes towards battles are valid, but the rest of the combat is good.

I liked 10. It has my favourite combat system. Just straight up turn base, plus the sphere grid was dope.

6 is also arguably the best of all time. Amazing villain, story, lots of characters, memorable moments etc.

Original 2 is awful. The updated versions are better.

12 was pretty good. Combat is liked by some, hated by others. Tried to introduce a lot of new elements that didn't stick. Still a good experience to play.

13 isn't absolute trash. If the game was a stand alone, it'd be considered okay. However as a Final Fantasy game it is pretty bad.
>>
>>344506367
Yes, it is. The last 3 chapters are really fun which is like 40-50% of the game. Likewise, the beginning is easy and linear, but it still has interesting lore (too bad the characters suck). It's like the perfect example of an average game. Patchy quality ranging from good to annoying but nothing unplayable
>>
>>344505493
If you only made it to disc 2, you missed out on so much story of the characters. The only one with a shitty story is Quina (Steiner's too maybe), and even she/he had some bright moments of dialogue. Vivi's story is just tragic son.
>>
>>344503319
Play X-2 next you idiot.
Why do people forget X-2 and XIII-2 exist?
X-2 has the best combat.
XIII-2 has time travel and multiple endings.
Don't forget about them.
>>
>>344512329
Don't forget about XII: Revenant Wings. It makes Vaan more of an actual character
>>
>>344509304
Watched a friend finish it. Didn't miss out. Quina was pretty pointless.

But, Amarant wasn't really relevant either. Eiko was just their to let Garnet know what she was, could have been replaced by a scroll on the ground somewhere. Freya was awesome but got forgotten. And Steiner just annoyed me and I found him to be the poor predecessor to Basch's much better tale of a fallen knight.

Games story was okay, but the cast was lacking and hard to give two shits about (Vivi aside of course). Combat was so easy to stomp into the dirt I lost interest in that pretty quick. There is a reason I couldn't personally play it to the end, seem to recall beating some gameboy game while watching.

9 had that old feel, but it also made every old flaw much more apparent by setting it in contrast to the modern couple that came before it. Its not bad its just meh.
>>
>>344512329
>X-2 has the best combat.

im not so sure about that sonny-jim.
>>
Don't mind me just a random triforce dude.

▲▲
>>
>>344515638
You fucking idiot.

Play X-2, OP. It's fun.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.