[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did she do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: Jeannie_May_Crawford.jpg (455 KB, 1072x766) Image search: [Google]
Jeannie_May_Crawford.jpg
455 KB, 1072x766
I am guessing that this is a sort of nod to what No Bark said about 'normal' people but is there any particular reason that is given in dialogue or a note of some kind?
>>
she was a bitter old lady who was upset that boones wife didn't like their shanty town in the middle of the literal radscorpion infested desert
>>
>>344501074
I'm more worried about why the townspeople will Like you after you essentially conspired to kill off a prominent figure in name for revenge in such town?

Also
>Dat Fallout 3 music.
>>
>>344501380
Like Boone said, people die out here and no one really bothers to look into it because why the fuck would you?

Also shit writing
>>
>>344501074
She is an opportunist. She does what benefits her the most, with little or no thought to the lives of others. I always saw her as the quintessential wasteland resident; someone who cares little or not at all for anyone else, someone who would do anything to ensure her own survival, not at all unlike many Player Characters that get made.
>>
>>344501315
Well, I don't know about the bitter part. She certainly didn't like Boone's wife. Maybe it was because of the wife's disdain for the town. Maybe it was more a personal thing, since the wife was more 'classy' and all that.
Maybe she had some sort of plan in the works to make peace with the Legion to make sure the whole town didn't get sacked.
>>
>>344501380
She was the land-lord.

If she's dead then there's no one to pay rent to.

That means everyone using the apartments are happy. That means more money spent on food from the brahmin farmers and junk from the junk-yard.
>>
>>344501660
To elaborate, she is the kind of person, who doesn't care who is in charge as long as she gets to live her life the way she wants. She didn't like Boone's wife, so she had her taken care of, It wasn't a personal issue, it was a matter of business, she saw Boone's wife as a threat to the status quo. Her own personal power is more important to her than anything else.
>>
>>344501810
Cliff takes over running the Motel, if you didn't get the free room key off Jeannie before killing her, he gives it to you instead

>>344501662
You ever call the town a dump to her face before? She gets real pissy. Considering how old she looks and how unimportant Novac is to the wasteland, it looks like she's basically upset she chose to set up shop in a real shithole and can't admit that she screwed up so she replaces it all with some twisted town pride
>>
Because they needed to show that the Legion was dealing with civilians on the NCR side of the Colorado and that there are some people who don't mind doing business with them
>>
>>344502126
That's really who she is as a plot device rather than a character. You always achieve characterization when making people into plot devices, even if you just intend for them to be flat and static characters.
>>
>unlike almost everywhere else, Novac isn't based on any real world settlement, that stretch of Highway 95 is empty
>put in game so it breaks up the monotony of a long, boring road
>even the in game justification admits Novac wouldn't exist without the junk trade because it's just THAT out of place and worthless
>Legion takes the time and effort to attack the place for no stated reason

There's nothing of worth to the Legion at Novac. Especially when the attack is, for some reason, done at the same time as the assault on Hoover Dam. They have no reason to attack the town in the first place, let alone when the biggest battle in their history is happening at the same time
>>
>>344502561
I always figured that they sent forces pretty much everywhere and were banking on the idea that people were not going to fight back like how they did with that town where you can wreck Vulpes and his squad near the start.
>>
was Boone wrong for killing his wife?
>>
If you talk shit about her town she starts getting all uppity. My guess is she couldn't stand Boone's wife snobbing her.
>>
>>344502561
Pre-war Novac was probably built as housing for the REPCONN launch site employees. There's no equivalent to it in real life either, so I'm guessing thats the reason.
>>
>>344501074
It was fun
>>
>>344502042
It could be twisted town pride, or it could be just town-pride. There's no way to get to know her so there's no way to really know.

Also, I'm guessing Cliff slashed the rents to make everyone accept him as the new land-lord and what does he care if its less rent than before? He didn't have anything before.
>>
>>344501074
Boone's Wife couldn't shut up about how she wanted to move to Vegas. She would repeatedly badmouth Novac and talk up Vegas to make it sound better hopes that Boone would want to move there.
When Legionaries approached Novac and offered to make a deal, Jeannie saw no better person to sell than the one EVERYONE in town, save for Boone, hated.

tl;dr she sold her because she was a whiny, rude bitch
>>
Tried an unarmed run awhile back. Was really fucking boring, especially during Lonesome Road.
>>
>>344504067
>kill wife
>now she's dead
>try to Rambo Cottonwood Cove
>Boone is dead, wife is made slave, as is child
>don't kill wife
>live in the knowledge that wife is being used as Legion fucktoy, child is Legion slave
>>
>>344501074
She did it for the greater good. Like the rest of the NWA.
>>
>>344501380
>fallout 3 music
Fuck that generic noise Mark Morgan 4 lyfe
>>
>live in the knowledge that wife is being used as Legion fucktoy, child is Legion slave
I don't know man. At least they could be alive.
>>
>>344505096
I was disappointed that Gold Slouch could only be heard in 1 location in the entire game, to say nothing of All-clear Signal
>>
>>344502561
>Novac isn't based on any real world settlement
It's more or less a fusion of the world's largest thermometer near Baker, and Hadley's giant dinosaurs around Palm Springs, both being pretty backwater shitholes that have a fuckton of strip motels
>>
File: 1453695927899.png (114 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
1453695927899.png
114 KB, 400x358
>>344504067
No. He did what he had to do. Being a legion slave is suffering.

>yfw the ending slide where Boone goes on a rampage that ends with him spitting in Lanius' face
>>
>>344504821
Expanding, also tried an explosives build. Gave up when I realized a fuck ton of enemies can just run past most mines.
>>
File: Dinky.jpg (45 KB, 407x612) Image search: [Google]
Dinky.jpg
45 KB, 407x612
>you will never snipe motel owners from a dinosaur's mouth
>>
>>344504904
Wouldn't the child be a legionnaire?
>>
>>344505668
Explosives is actually really good by endgame.
>>
File: 1442484297584.png (178 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1442484297584.png
178 KB, 500x540
>>344505668
>mines
>>
>>344504067
Of course not.
>>
>>344505794
Hardest part of explosives end game is not nuking yourself along with the enemy.
>>
>>344505772
If it's a boy then it gets raised to be a Legionary and trained to fight and die in Caesar's name. If it's a girl then it gets raised to do menial chores and shit out babies in Caesar's name.

They're still slaves but since they were born and raised with Caesar's dogma they don't mind as much as people who used to live their own lives
>>
>>344506112

That's what hit the deck is for

Hardest part for me was carrying all that ammo in hardcore mode.
>>
>>344505668
>mines
You need Thump-Thump and the Red Glare
Early game explosives is a supplementary weapon set, as you can only get dynamite and some grenades, but once you find some shops you can usually pick up a grenade launcher, and there's some good uniques around
>>
>>344505353
Lots of great songs were missing,Yeah inon zur did do a pretty good job with the nv stuff though it seemed like he had more freedom
>>
File: 1448223160073.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1448223160073.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>tfw New Vegas will never get a remake with a bigger budget for song licensing

Gimme another one for the road Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD7aWI2favI

What was the mod that added a radio with a bunch of song that are referenced as quest titles?
>>
Where were you stupid obsidrones when you got BTFO? :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgnuabLeBY
>>
>>344506317
My favorite challenge build
>explosives/melee/unarmed
>Legion (including their no chems/advanced medicine rules)
>no companions
That was a pretty hard run, but really fun
>>
>>344505668
I gave up on it because it blows all the loot everywhere. Half the shit in the room just clips through the floor or walls and disappears forever.
>>
>>344506460
You realize by the time you get those two weapons you're pretty much already at the end of the game right?
>>
>>344505732
goat gift shop
>>
File: image.png (211 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211 KB, 512x384
>you will never have the feeling of playing New Vegas for the first time again
>>
File: 1465626898612.jpg (77 KB, 348x552) Image search: [Google]
1465626898612.jpg
77 KB, 348x552
Why does the legion need to be sneaky instead of just attacking the town with only 3 people who know how to fight?
>>
>>344507201
Good desu
NV was underwhelming the first time I played it, but once it was patched to be playable, I got all the DLC, I moved to PC and the quality of life mods started coming out I enjoyed it a lot more.
>>
>>344507018
You can pick up thump-thump at any time once you hit vegas
Red Glare is definitely an end-game item, but you still take it all the way through LR so it's worth it. You could probably scoot into LR, pick it up, then leave again if you wanted.
>>
>>344507302
Obsidiots btfo.
>>
>>344506623
>razorautist
>>
>>344507302
Because it's considered NCR territory, and NCR hold (or held up until very recently) all the area between Novac and Legion
Legion could absolutely burn and salt Novac if they wanted, much like Searchlight or Nipton, but they haven't gotten around to it yet
>>
>>344507334
Main problem with the Red Glare is that ammo is basically non existant in the mojave. You can craft them by converting missiles but you get only 2 rockets for 1 missile, and the damn thing eats ammo at a much faster rate than a missile launcher. You'd have to periodically go back to the divide to restock.
>>
>>344507302
I don't know where this 'legion attacked' thing is coming from.

They came for the wife. They left with the wife. I don't recall Legion ever actually attacking the place.
>>
>>344507302
Because a lot of the legion is based on intimidation
>>
File: 1464205199471.png (176 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1464205199471.png
176 KB, 320x310
>>344507302
they can't march their army onto novac, the NCR is between them

they tried a sneaky approach (or maybe it was a small assault), and Boone picked them off on their way over. You can see the bodies of legion recruits in the line of sight of the Dino between Nelson and Novac
>>
>>344507839
That's not what I said.
The question is, why did they pay money instead of just getting in taking what they want, killing everything else on the way, and getting out?
>>
>>344507839
They didn't. They snuck in at night by taking advantage of watch shift
>>
>>344507993
Boone, nigga.
>>
>>344507993
Probably setting the town up like they did with Nipton. Bait them into revealing how corrupt they are, then drop the hammer later on
>>
>>344507794
Vendortron sells them after LR is finished

And, like basically every other ammo type, Quartermaster and Armorer sell them by the shitload
>>
File: laffin.webm (1 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
laffin.webm
1 MB, 720x540
>>344506623
This guy is fucking pitiful.
>>
File: Fo2_Myron_Ending.png (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Myron_Ending.png
137 KB, 640x480
Reminder that Boone's voice actor also voiced this guy.

Do you think they'd get along?
>>
>>344507993
Presumably, because the Legion was busy sacking some other place. So, the slavers did business instead.
Also, Legion is meant to be brutal and all but they do have caravans trading in their land so it's not strange for them to be doing business with a town.
>>344508512
Setting up how? Slavery is a-ok with the Legion while Nipton was a gambling whore.
>>
>>344502561
in real life you usually attack multiple places at the same time when you're conducting a big offensive
>>
>>344509090
>doing business with a town
Why though?
Its not like there's going to be a steady supply of slaves.
>>
>>344509216
Except there's nothing at Novac worth attacking. All of NCR's troops are amassed at the Dam because General Oliver is a retard. The Dam is the sole objective and whoever wins the Battle there wins the Mojave
>>
>>344509532
it's the settlement between the cottonwood cove crossing and hoover dam/boulder city, capturing it allows you to bring a forces around the back to surround them
>>
>>344509249
Perhaps, because all the battle-ready legionaries were busy with the NCR.

I'm assuming the troops in the slaver battalions are lower quality than legionaries who are going to be facing off against the NCR.
I'm assuming that the slavers don't sack towns and are more just muscle for primarily a business. They follow behind the legionaries for free slaves and barter for more from towns when possible.
>>
>>344509532
>General Oliver is a retard

This makes me wonder. How the hell does the NCR choose their officers? In the Legion they have to prove their worth. So as soon as you picked off a centurion someone would step up.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>>344501536
>shit writing
DELETE THIS! MUH WRITING!
>>
>>344509794
>How the hell does the NCR choose their officers?
This was one of the plot points of the game for the NCR faction. Their officers/higher-ups are corrupt as fuck and generally useless.
>>
>>344507302
I there is log of possible legion targets and its priority.

Novac is labeled.
>A Low priority target
>possible candidate for annexation

Legion don't just burn and kill everything. They know how to keep territory.
>>
>>344509794
favortism and upper-class circlejerking which I think the game is trying to imply is the problem with the NCR like pre-war america
>>
>>344509794
>How the hell does the NCR choose their officers
Nepotism. Kimball was General before he quit to take up politics. Boone claims Oliver got the position over Colonel Hsu because he knows the President.
>>
>>344509731
Nelson is between the Cove and Boulder City, the town they already own. With Forlorn Hope, an actual military outpost and worthwhile target with NCR soldiers, just to the north blocking the most direct route to the Dam.

Pushing through Forlorn Hope lets them kill enemy combatants, secure a position behind enemy lines and helps disrupt enemy communications. Circling around to take Novac lets them take a worthless shithole and add several hours to their march.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.