[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck up this bad? It's like there was a "SUPER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: MS6-Logo.png (73 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
MS6-Logo.png
73 KB, 640x448
How did they fuck up this bad?

It's like there was a "SUPER METAL SLUG MAKER" that was basic as shit.

It's bland and un imaginative

3 >X >2 > 5 >4 >1 > 6
>>
Yeah, I also hated how it was the only one in the collection that didn't have autofire.

Also, there is a 7.
>>
>>344496709
It was trying so hard to be like 3.
>New alien enemy
>Now even the aliens are helping!

I never played 7. But from what Ive seen, it looks just like 6. Super Metal Slug maker

Why te fuck are you fighting the nazi again in 7?
>>
>>344496958
Check that out, try that on a DS emulator
>>
I genuinely don't get people's hard on for 3.

DESU SENPAI I thought it had some of the weakest levels of the first 5 games.
>>
>>344498283
Why is that?

Annd what do you think of 6?
>>
>>344498784
I've never been able to place my finger on it with 3, it just always felt like a large step down from X. I like the bosses though.

6 gets more hate then it deserves. Its /alright/. OP phrasing it as "SUPER METAL SLUG MAKER" I think nails it on the head.
>>
>>344496309

Your realize SNK was basically bankrupt at that point?

4 and 5 were made by a different studio entirely, 4 is literally recycling entire scenes wholesale. You're lucky 5 came out merely 'unfinished'.
>>
>>344496309
It was the first one to NOT be on the Neo Geo, so all the sprite were redrawn, all the voices were redone, and the last one sold poorly and SNK ran out of money in the middle of making 5. They even got guys from King of Fighters to come over. Come on guys they really want you to love metal slug.
>>
X>2>3>1=6=7>5>4
>>
The second boss was pretty cool

Also that final mission music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzvAITOOC8s
>>
>>344498283
>>344499084
3 is my favorite game, but I understand why people wouldn't like it. Theres a lot of genre shift and a lot of parts that don't feel as tight. If you take the right routes, you can possible not fight the regular soldiers while not on an animal until like level 4, outside of a brief skirimish in level 2. Somehow, the enemy and level variety somehow might bring it down, since the levels don't feel interconnected.
>>
>>344499240
You got it wrong. 4 was produced by another company. 5 and 6 were made after SNK reconstituted itself.
>>
>>344496309

I always liked Metal Slug 1 the best. Fair and decent challenge, doesn't drag, it's the first so no recycled sprites ect.

1>2>3>X>4

Kinda weird now that I'm looking at it I liked them almost in order of release.
>>
Is Metal Slug Attack any good?
>>
File: BrainRobot.gif (419 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
BrainRobot.gif
419 KB, 250x250
>>344496309
Bland washed-out backgrounds with serious cast shadow problems, but the new enemies and music were awesome.
>>
Metal Slug XX is a pretty good one. It's a redone 7 in the same vein as X is to 2, on PSP and XBL. 6 did feel really lacking in some way, but XX felt like it did a better job.
>>
>>344501996

t's Defense without the SNK characters that aren't Ikari Team-related

You can boost each character with items, but as expected, pretty much is a p2w game
>>
>>344505664
>without the SNK characters

*without the KoF characters, sorry
>>
>>344502978
I really love the sprite work of the metal slug games
Also
>the brain robot has a mechanical vagina
Why?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.