[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch seems fun but how do you even manage to get over the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: tracer_overwatch.0.0.jpg (138 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
tracer_overwatch.0.0.jpg
138 KB, 1600x900
Overwatch seems fun but how do you even manage to get over the enormous learning curve? 21 heroes with abilities to memorize and all those different game types. Seems like you need to be in Mensa to touch this game. Is it really as complex as it looks?
>>
The answer is obvious isn't it? Thermal Expansion.
>>
>>344485840
It is not complex anon you are good the moment you pick it up
>>
>>344485840
practice practice practice
>>
>>344485840

You're shitting me right? A few heroes are tricky (I still cant figure out how to properly play that floating robot motherfucker) but overall they're not hard. You just pick a hero, read their ability list then throw yourself into a game to try them out.

Also Mercy is best girl.
>>
>>344485957
shut up asuka
>>
File: Overwatch.jpg (404 KB, 500x843) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
404 KB, 500x843
>>344485957
Exactly this OP. The degree of expansion divided by the change in temperature is called the material's coefficient of thermal expansion and generally varies with temperature. If you can understand the complexity of Thermal Expansion, you can understand Overwatch.
>>
the only enormous curve in overwatch is widowmaker's ass tbqh
>>
>>344485840
>OP is most likely pretending to be retarded but there are people that actually thinks like this
>>
>>344486194
>not meis enormous shitfactory
>>
File: Turbo_Charge_is_online.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Turbo_Charge_is_online.gif
2 MB, 200x200
I'm sorry your brain power is small
>>
>>344486480

I'd let her shit down my throat desu
>>
>>344486094
Zenyatta's a squishy DPS who can dish out some heals and a big debuff. Never go frontline, always stay back and fuck up flankers.
>>
There's really only 3 different modes at it's core. If you can't figure that out you're actually dumb. As for the heroes, just choose random ones and if you like them play them. If not, choose a different one. It's easy man takes like two hours.
>>
>>344486705

Well I guess I'll try him again later, I just got frustrated and went back to Lucio/Mercy for my support funtime.
>>
>>344486901
He works best when there's another support on the field. Then you can relax a bit and focus on the DPS side of things. The orb of discord is a major debuff and fucks up basically anyone under concentrated fire.
>>
File: 1467799235400.png (884 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467799235400.png
884 KB, 1024x1280
>>344486194

>implying
>>
>>344486982
MORE
>>
Is it possible to practice against just bots in this game?
>>
>>344487468
There's a practice against AI mode, yes.
>>
>2 abilities and 2 weapons per character
>1 olt per character
>no items and no ammo pick ups
Beside all this most characters fulfill some role that already exists in FPS games. If you've played TF2 you can easily transition into at least half of the total playable characters no problem.
>>
>>344485840
>Enormous learning curve
>Each character has like 3-4 abilities at most some only 2 and easy ass shooting fundamentals

Man id love to see you try a fighting game if you think learning characters in this game is hard. It takes the average player i know like a game or two for most of this cast.
>>
>>344487468
Yes, but the bots are dumb as fuck and everybody else on your team usually just spawncamps them so hard that you don't get much chance to practice anything except shooting at massed, predictable targets.
>>
File: gamerfuel.jpg (158 KB, 1059x754) Image search: [Google]
gamerfuel.jpg
158 KB, 1059x754
>>344486982

>gamer stereotype
>is in a mech most of the time instead of walking
>she isn't fat

missed opportunity tbqh
>>
>>344485840
Overwatch is literally a pick up and play game if you played any FPS. You should be able to get into this game easily.

Only thing you have to worry about are people who 'main' Genji, widow or Hanzo
>>
File: no mental breakdowns.png (858 KB, 889x717) Image search: [Google]
no mental breakdowns.png
858 KB, 889x717
>decide to try competitive for the first time
>pull off a 19-kill streak as Genji
>can't savor it because my team is fucking trash and we get shut the fuck down
>later discover that said match goes on my permanent record for the season
>the game will fuck you up if you decide to quit a match no matter how hopeless it seems

I think I'm just gonna stay away from this
>>
>>344490432
spoilering shit
>>
>>344490432
Most of the time, when a game has separate matchmaking for regular play and competitive play, the latter just ends up being a containment queue for autists
>>
>>344485840
I managed in 4 hours of gameplay.
>>
File: Dank memez yo.webm (104 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Dank memez yo.webm
104 KB, 720x404
>>344485840
How do I become a memer like yourself op? I need to learn the power of baiting teenagers on 4chan as well
>>
>>344485840

what do you mean learning curve

i only play Tracer
>>
This game is as broad as it is shallow, if you don't have any mental sicknesses, you'll master it with ease. If you do, you're still going to make it anyway.
>>
>>344489782
>D.va being fat isn't enough, has to make the Dew & Doritos chunky fucks too
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.