[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we stop region lock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
How do we stop region lock?
>>
>>344483640
Hack it.
>>
>>344483640
Loadiine
>>
stock market
>>
>>344483640

Play games on a PC
>>
>>344484192
It'll never stop then
>>
buy consoles without region lock
>>
>>344484375

The only reason they do anything is because of shareholders.
>>
Piracy
>>
Play games on a good console where the only exclusives aren't "game you played as a kid HD" or "we censored this jrpg just for you"
>>
>>344483640
Use Loadiine. I have a PAL Wii and I can play Taiko no Tatsujin games on my Wii U now.
>>
Stop giving Nintendo money.
I don't know if the other new gen consoles have it, but my Vita has no region lock so if something neat comes out I can just play it.
>>
Have it so games are cheaper in Japan than they are in the west. That's literally it.

>why would people buy our games domestically if they're cheaper in the west?
>FUCK IT, LET'S JUST INSTATE A REGION LOCK
>>
Don't buy Nintendo of America's products.
>>
It's really about money nowadays with Nintendo, they region lock to protect their image in different territories.

As long as they remain concerned about the parents of little kids and ultra liberals getting offended, expect the NX and any other hardware they release in the next two-to-three years to remain region locked.
>>
Listen, buddy. If you have bought or will buy anything Nintendo in the post #FE world, you are a massive cuck.

If you have or will, it's not too late for you. Never buy anything from them new. Then you will be a high-level cuck.
>>
File: cuck posting.png (247 KB, 283x427) Image search: [Google]
cuck posting.png
247 KB, 283x427
>>344485698
>>
Why the fuck can't I legally get Tales of Zestria or any of those port of Japanese games to PC on Japanese steam. If you paid the people to port it put it out in all regions
>>
>>344485924
its easy to filter the cuck posts, but really, really hard to filter people who take the bait
>>
>>344486132
t. "technically you could get fucked without it affecting you" faggot

buying nintendo is morally wrong at this point

granted all other systems have a ton of sjw bullshit too, but we don't pay for that either
>>
>>344486610
yeaaah, sorry, pc only master race here. i was actually literally only talking about your use of cuck. sorry.
>>
>>344487053
Cuck is an appropriate term for when someone lets a dev screw them over.

It's not "literal" cucking, but it's "cucking" the same way a character getting ruined being that character "dying". It's metaphorical.
>>
>>344483640
get an sd card
>>
>>344485698
retarded cuck
>>
>>344487594
its a buzzword that, sure, has appropriate uses but has lost its meaning and more importantly, its impact. on top of that, it hasnt really helped your argument because it simply derailed it ( which is in its own right, possibly a goal since its easier to deflect when out of arguments ). its like gabbergout. it didnt matter if i agreed or disagreed with either side, eventually, any reasonable person just ignores it completely because its going fucking nowhere.

like us, right now: your explaining to me cuck like i dont fucking know what it means in this day and age on the website that spews cuck out as fast as it shitposts. well done.
>>
>>344488651

eh, i've seen a lot of people bitch about "cuck" because it's "not being used correctly"

it's an adequate term that fully encapsulates what i intend to say
>>
>>344486075
I can't read Japanese, are there people on 2ch etc. who bitch about this the way we bitch about region lock?
>>
>>344488798
so does "push over", but that would result in people actually talking about it instead of the word cuck, and thats...well, ontopic.
>>
>>344489258
>i'm at fault for other people sperging over my choice of words
>>
>>344488798

Dude, just give it up. Cuck is over.
>>
>>344483640
'card it
'chip it
'mod it
'hack it
'crack it
'root it
'don't buy it
>>
>>344489907
>expecting me to stop using a word that 100% works because other people don't like it
>letting other people shape my vocabulary
in other words... you want me.... to get cucked?
>>
File: dog.jpg (5 KB, 95x91) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
5 KB, 95x91
>>344489980
>dont buy it
>not "pirate"

ONE JOB
>>
>>344490387
the last one in the series has more syllables because it's replacing "rewrite it" you barn-licking ne'erdowell
>>
>>344490559
>pirate it
>more syllables than don't buy it

this has nothing to do with anything i just posted, but are you hispanic or black?
>>
>>344490559
still doesn't work because the one before that should have one syllable

>quick, rewrite it
>>
File: FANG-Street-Fighter-5.png (1 MB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
FANG-Street-Fighter-5.png
1 MB, 1000x600
>>344485698
>cuck
>cuck

"Oh, my, my! It looks like you're already choking!"
>>
File: ss (2016-07-09 at 08.36.07).png (173 KB, 1164x945) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-09 at 08.36.07).png
173 KB, 1164x945
>how do you beat region locking

by not censoring anything and having all cultures be okay with whats in game. Unfortunately this will never happen

http://isitregionlocked.info/
>>
>>344491147
>Check site
>Doesn't have info on the GB Player for GC
>Does have info on Super GB for SNES which is region free

The GB Player is region free. Can play any imported GB/GBC/GbA games
>>
>>344486610
>we
What's this "we" nonsense?
>>
>>344491884
ill bitch at them for you as i know the owner

the PS3 has region lockout but only if the developer decides to do so (incidentally MN9 is the only one i can think of that actually did this)
>>
>>344489195
Not really the whining I saw most recently was nip blizzard fans bitching about waiting for shit and people mad at fallout 4 being censored a while ago
>>
>>344492109
Persona 4 arena did this
>>
>>344492151
im sure PS4 does this too
>>
>>344490740
Are you retarded? The point is that he used the structure of an existing song, and "don't buy it" is closer to the original song than "pirate it"
>>
>>344492746
>rewrite it
>don't buy it
>pirate it

>re = don't, write = buy
or
>re = pi, write = rate

i dunno, anon!
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.