[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve is Still Terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: evolve f2p.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evolve f2p.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
Matches devolve into

>A complete stomping of the monster
Or
>Wandering around the map aimlessly while it evolves to level 3

I can't believe paid $120 for this
>>
>>344478868

>$120

For your sake, I hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>344479019
*people paid
>>
i played it for free on friday and i know why its died. it just gets boring too fast because its always the same.
>>
They need more map variety
>>
>>344478868
it's tolerable with friends. Random queue people? fuck that.
>>
>Average 200 coins a match
Fuck it's going to take forever to buy anything
>>
>>344478868
>A complete stomping of the monster
Only if the monster sucks

Nigga the trapper has a skill that literally points to the monster's direction and gives you wallhack for some seconds, how can you wander around aimlessly? See the monster's direction, divide your group in two pairs to block all possible paths the monster can take, profit

I hope they remove that shitty orbital scan skill, it kills stealth
>>
>>344478868
The future of Overwatch.
>>
>>344478868
My time is too valuable to spend on Evovle.
>>
>>344481059
Apparently worthless enough for you to spend it here
>>
>>344481159

That should say a thing or two about what I think of Evolve.
>>
File: 1428555740401.jpg (60 KB, 356x376) Image search: [Google]
1428555740401.jpg
60 KB, 356x376
>>344479962
Literally been playing since yesterday and I've already unlocked Maggie, Jack, and the kraken.
>>
I'm still not seeing any of the "balancing" they did - sure they bastardized every interesting character (no more scouting with Bucket etc) and wraith still stomps pub groups like no tomorrow.
>>
>>344481480
>Tfw unlocked Abe, Markov and Torvald

Feels good.man. Abe is fucking great to play as. I almost went for Lazarus but I decided against it. Only thing I don't like about Torvald's shotgun is how it unloads all at once. I'm fine with an automatic shotgun, but unloading at all once makes it harder to control.
>>
It was literally always a bad game. People blame the DLC fiasco, but it goes much deeper than that. At the core, the gameplay and design isn't good.
>>
>>344478868
>A complete stomping for the monster

Usually only happens if the monster isn't experienced enough for it, or the hunters are extremely coordinated. The latter usually doesn't happen in pubs though.

Okay here's how I can tell you haven't played the game and are just shitposting. For starters, you always have a trapper on your team, guaranteed, and they have the global scanner, which always tells you the direction the monster is in. The maps aren't exactly HUGE. Just go one way and cut off the monster, or have your groups split up to catch them. If you fail to catch the monster before it hits level 3, you deserve to lose.
>>
File: an_hero.jpg (67 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
an_hero.jpg
67 KB, 600x340
>>344478868
>I can't believe paid $120 for this
invest a little more and your humiliation will all soon be forgotten...
>>
>>344481851
I don't like abe. His tracking darts don't help in finding the monster until you've already found him, and his gun isn't the best. But god damn those stasis grenades are something else.

Never tried torvald but his shrapnel grenande and cannon looks fun.

Isn't markov free for playing the tutorial?
>>
>>344482278
Yeah, Markov is. I find I do my best work with Abe as a matter of fact, along with Markov. Torvald's mortar cannon can be a bit hard to control and use. It works best if the monster is picking up a rock.
>>
>>344478868
>blaming the game for you being bad

Uhh
>>
>>344482730
>Monster picks Kraken or Wraith

You literally can't win against these unless they're absolute retards.
>>
As a founder player It's good to have players again, but part of the charm that was The Hunt is gone.

Needs some tweaking and more meta game. As the game was, it had not-so-much but more deeper tactics you could employ as a Monster and things to mind as a Hunter that are entirely removed right now.
>>
File: 1438576510201.jpg (36 KB, 343x364) Image search: [Google]
1438576510201.jpg
36 KB, 343x364
Dunno senpai, I'm having fun.

This game needs a loli character.
>>
>>344482968
Wraith yeah, kraken isn't bad at all though. If anything he's underpowered. He doesn't scale as well as the other monsters and he relies entirely on ambushing the players to do anything major.

But fuck wraith. I love seeing the "wraith evolved to stage 2" pop up and knowing that the game is over. Literally NOTHING you can do against wraith.
>>
>>344478868
i bought it when it came out with friends
we got bored of it after a few weeks
now its f2p and i hoped they improved on what made it fail
i was wrong
>>
Is the geam dead?

Even worth downloading for free?
>>
>>344483197
>If anything he's underpowered.

keked
>>
>>344483304
Almost in top 10 on steam
>>
>>344483197
>Kraken
>Underpowered

How can one person be so incredibly wrong
>>
>>344483303
by wrong i mean i was wrong to hope
its still the same old run around for 5 or 10 minutes and a short burst of boring combat
>>
File: 1443391993407.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1443391993407.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>Playing earlier today
>Have myself set to no role preference
>Get monster twice
>Win both times really fast with the second time being especially fast

>Second match as monster was just me running around sometimes getting shot at from afar, feeding until finally I made it to stage 2
>Get domed a minute after evolving to stage 2
>Immediately murder the assault
>10 seconds later kill support and trapper
>Dome goes down and I chase after a running healer and light them on fire
>Win match in like 5 minutes
>>
>Be founding player
>monster players getting facerolled cause plebs
>constant nerfs on hunters, with wrait losing some power
>monster buffed across the board, cannot lose unless against premade
>only way to ever win a match now is your assault is a CoD god and your team have been to mlg tourneys

Not sure what its like on PC, but if it has all DLC contained, Wraith is the least of your problems. Gorgon is the motherfucking gatekeeper. Not like its hard to get him either cause even if you manage to get a monster player domed, they are most likely level 2 and that's all they really need to rip you apart.
>>
>>344479962
that's why i play on 2 accounts, also you get crates every 1h which gives 50-200 coins per win. SO not that bad
>>
File: 1455072939427.jpg (39 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1455072939427.jpg
39 KB, 540x390
>>344480007
>Evolve: dead after two months
>Titanfall: dead after two months
>BattlEAfront: dead after two months
>Dirty Bomb: dead after two weeks
>Battleborn: dead after two minutes
>Overwatch: will be dead after four months
>TF2: still going strong after over a decade :^)
>>
>>344486026
dumb scout shitposter
>>
File: ordinary bird.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
ordinary bird.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
>>344483197
>Extra extra
>A terminal baddie case says "Kraken is underpowered"
>Expected to never recover
>>
>>344481159
/v/ is more fun than vidya
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.