[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>SEGA approaches you and gives you an unlimited budget to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 23
File: sonic[1].jpg (408 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sonic[1].jpg
408 KB, 1500x1500
>SEGA approaches you and gives you an unlimited budget to make a Sonic game
>This game is Sonic's make-or-break game, if you fuck up he'll be condemned to the dustbin of vidya history
So /v/, how would you fix Sonic?
>>
>>344470259
Make it only about sonic, no fucking sidekicks to waste time on
>>
Sonic Generations 2, except call it something else so it's got new shit instead of celebrating old shit.
Remove the stupid challenge modes or make them entirely optional.
Add Sonic Adventure style hub world.

Wow I did it.
>>
Sonic was never 'good', the last passable one was generations, so just make another in that series
>>
Make every character as fast as Sonic, just have ways in each level to utilize flying or power attacks to cut down on time

No cutscenes and the player has control of their selected character at all times during a level

All levels are roads that lead from point A to point B in varying ways with different obstacles in each path, but absolutely no backtracking or puzzles

Music is the same style as the Gamecube era
>>
>2D, with momentum-based platforming
>Sonic as only character, friends can make appearances as NPCs
>Sonic VS Eggman story
>Each level has multiple exits, some leading to all-new stages
>Main theme by Periphery
>>
>>344471261
Isn't that basically Sonic 4? And didn't everyone hate that?
I'm legitimately asking, I only played it for a few minutes.
>>
File: 1403781062274.gif (842 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1403781062274.gif
842 KB, 500x540
classic sonic 2d gameplay mixed with transitional 3d segments that play most similarly to modern sonic in generations with full sonic cd aesthetics. Including optional sa1 style hubworld that rewards you with bonus content for exploration, also chao gardens. Optional to play as knuckles, tails or metal sonic.
>>
This would make good Sonic game music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPUklZa-6U
>>
I'd fix Sonic by adding tons of obstacles!

Big rewards! American flags everywhere, SKA, Drum and Bass!

Big Eggman Gundams!
>>
>>344470259
Have open ended, yet straightforward level design like the genesis games in 3D

Make physics an important aspect of the platforming like in the genesis games

Make the homing attack react to your current speed.

Generally restructure Sonic's movement to be more adapted to wide spaces and layered levels.

Add something kind of like the parkour system from lost world, but less shitty.

Have Sonic Adventure 1 styled hubworlds

Have multiple characters, but without each having a drastic difference in gameplay style like some characters in SA1 had, treat it less like a mandatory thing and go for more of an S3&K style character select.

Go full retard with playable characters, including fucks as obscure as Mighty and Emerl

Collecting Chaos Emeralds in stages by exploring the environment allows you to unlock the true final boss.

True final boss is some OP reality eater bullshit that only Sonic can defeat, shit that would give powerlevel fags a massive hardon.

Bring back Chao Gardens, but with new additions (like new evolutions and types of chao)

Seems good to me
>>
>>344470259
take the most popular 2d sanic, change the levels a bit, add some rhythm game elements and a bunch of remixed music and release it as "sonic remixed" or something stupid like that. people would eat that shit up.
>>
>>344470259
I would spend the budget on food and traveling instead, and make the worst Sonic game ever so the franchise dies
>>
>>344471837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUlaHI9pZek
>>
A campaign that involves hold x to gofast, kick ass music, cool level design ideas like in SA2.

And then you can get autistic with side charcters in a Mario party lite mini game mode that has online capabilities

Bring back chaos also with online

Bring back Gamma where he has a death match with Omega
>>
>>344471620
Sonic 4 sucked because of its shitty physics
>>
sonic game with no maximum speed
>>
>>344470259

Take the first Sonic and make it HD/3D. Add some special levels and shit but keep the original game there.

Safe and easy mang
>>
I'd make a piece of shit and let the series die.
>>
>>344471261
>Main theme by Periphery
You fucked up.
>>
I pocket 99% of the money and use the remainder to fund a Kickstarter campaign with Inafune as the director.
>>
>>344472081
This.
>>
>>344470259
First off, I make his arms blue.
>>
I wouldnt i qould make the worst sonic game ever and make sure he finally ends up where he belongs

Sonic games should have stopped with CD
>>
>>344473134
Who would you pick? Crush 40 is becoming stale
>>
>>344470259
make a 2D Sonic game that's actually about speed instead of awkward platforming and cringey anime storylines to appeal to 14 year olds

it's not really hard and it doesn't need that big of a budget, Sega is just really, really incompetent
>>
>>344470259
>High speed free-running (Mirror's Edge but turbo)
>Linkin Park-esque soundtrack
>Over-the-top cutscenes between levels with maximum CUHRAYZEE
>Sonic inexplicably voiced by Ving Rhames

EZ
>>
Expand the Chao garden a fuckton until it could stand alone from Sonic anyway.

The Sonic part can be whatever.
>>
I'd make a shit game so the bastard can finally rest in peace.
>>
>>344471261
You can't sell 2D platformers are full price anymore. The market simply doesn't allow it.
Tails and Knuckles were great additions to the 2D formula. By reducing them to mere NPCs, you're excluding content needlessly, giving the player less incentive to buy the game. When in fact, even Sonic Boom Ice and Fire has 5 playable characters. You should at least be able to match that.

Your idea sucks, because it's trapped back in 1991.
>>
Have an online scoreboard accessible from the main menu with the fastest level complete times for every level in your region, country, and worldwide, and how you rank compared to all other players.

Essentially make Sonic a Reddit generation's intro to the speedrunning subculture.
>>
>>344474015
Sonic Rush. They've been using the Rush formula for years now.
>>
Just make Unleashed 2 with 2x more day stages and no filler werehog. Hire Jun Senoue to direct the ost. Obligatory chao garden. Make a sequel to the ghost waifu promotional CG that unleashed had. Boom, sonic is great again.
>>
I purposefully fuck it's shit up, fuck sonic
>>
Half of each level is an FZero racer with tricks, other half is a spectacle fighter. You get graded for your racing speed/tricks, and graded for your DMC combat prowess.

Speed platforming doesn't seem to work well in 3D, but FZero and DMC definitely do.
>>
File: 1403501583984.png (199 KB, 441x437) Image search: [Google]
1403501583984.png
199 KB, 441x437
>CD Artstyle (*not* Classic Sonic from Generations, more like the CD opening / OVA Sonic.)
>Adventure style hub-world.
>***60fps***
>Controls similar to Lost World (but with an adjusted run button and the homing attack is tighter / less bouncy.)
>Levels include branching paths that reward speed + precision and not just speed (i.e. Unleashed.)
>Co-op missions & side-missions.
>Online portion where you can challenge your friends to custom created courses, missions in the hub world, etc.
>Cutscenes actually handled with care and matter to the plot (i.e. Any of the Metal Gear Solid games. Not like Generations.)
>Branches off the main timeline after Sonic 3.
>Follows Sonic & co. circa Sonic 3 in a grand scheme of Dr. Eggman involving the Chaos Emeralds, alternate dimensions, and going fast.
>You can play as Sonic, Knuckles, or Tails in 3 separate story modes with Sonic's being the largest and most important.
>Final, "true" story mode unlocked involving all 3 characters after beating all 3 stories and collecting all 7 Chaos Emeralds (in any of the individual stories).
>(Have you noticed the most prevalent number I've been using so far?)
>Any missions is replayable at any time, including any cutscenes originally played during said mission.
>Cutscene theater.
>After the credits roll, the logo for the game appears and You listen in on a phone call between Dr. Eggman and an unknown voice. The subject matter of this call is an old, abandoned Government project that hasn't been heard of in 50 years.

I accept checks and direct bank transfers.
>>
>>344470259
Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but better. Even better level design, more cool gimmicks, great pinball physics, more forms for Sonic like Hyper Sonic. An over the top plot and a new character to play with that changes things up in the levels.
>>
>>344475469
Super forms are such a meme, being invincible isn't fun for people over 5.
>>
adventure 3 with just sonic/tails/knuckles as playable
sonic gameplay is similar to adventure but competently designed, tails is back in his mech with ratchet and clank style gunplay/platforming/gadgets maybe, knuckles is now beat 'em up style but actually good
characters can buy/find upgrades/weapons in the case of tails, chao are back and expanded upon as much as possible
storyline is whatever, potential idea is eggman has become an industrial superpower using chaos emeralds for large scale production while searching for the hypothesised super emeralds, idk who honestly cares but the bosses should all be mechs this time because fuck random ancient evils
get literally everyone who worked on the soundtrack for adventure 2 back in
>>
Blow all of it on everything I ever wanted and let the franchise die. Sonic was never good, it was never even passable
>>
Colors 2.

Really I don't think Colors gets near the praise it deserves.
>>
Unlimited budget? Well fuck, then I just make an Unleashed-style game with fuckin' 50 levels, include cutscenes done by the guys who did Night of the Werehog and have the guys who do the Sonic Boom cartoon write a fun, easy-to-get-into story.

Also, I call it Adventure 3 cause that'll run well with the spergs.
>>
2d, setting: mobius,
offscreen bosses warn player with a caution sign, more varied end level bosses, fastfastfast, minimal backtracking for puzzles but still some,. basically do what freedom planet did but make it faster. same applies for their cutscenes, bring back old voice actors and banish the current sonic VA
knuckles, tails, sonic, amy, eggman, metalsanic bonus character, chaotix and other misfits cameo like the duck the lizard and the polar bear from sonic fighters.
tan arms
twoish versions, release it on genesis for 60 bucks retail a few weeks before going 30 bucks digital. beg people not to upload the roms beforehand. this is not the best idea but something i think would be really cool if they did.
obligatory beach and killer whale level, neobowser city level, chao farms level, atlanta level, lava/factory level, space/planets level, jungle/cave level, no underwater,
>>
>>344470259
Make some cheap rom hack and fuck off with the rest of the money. Sonic has always been shit.
>>
>>344470259
Make a Sonic ARPG.
>>
Anyone who's answer isn't along the lines of >>344476383
>>344475943
>>344475126
>>344474363
>>344473720
>>344473189
is objectively wrong
>>
>>344470259
>Sonic Adventure, but open world with only Sonic, Tails and Knuckles
>Can all do the same moves from Sonic Adventure, but with more combat and parkour added.
>Huge open world to explore. A city, forest/jungle, desert/canyon, glacier/mountains and EggMan Land.
>Levels, missions and tasks are randomly generated based on your location in the game's world.
>Robots ambush you at any moment, it is always random when they appear.
>You can ride skateboards, hover boards, drive vehicles, etc.
>Set in a world where Sonic has only just become a hero, and he's most of the time doing tasks for people and saving civilians in danger. EggMan has also just revealed that he became a villain, and tries to take over he country for the first time.
>You have a popularity meter. It lowers if you accidentally hurt civilians or damage property during missions and levels, but raises when you do more tasks and do more levels and missions successfully.
>You travel across the giant country in search for the Chaos Emeralds and other items/collectables in order to stop EggMan Land expanding into the city.
>Online co-op with 2 other players along side you.
>>
>>344476103
Colors is full of really cheap platforming that pads out game length. Its like if the Unleashed Day stages DLC was made into a game.
>>
>>344475467
I got chills reading that last part
This would redeem every bad 3D game desu
>>
>>344476656
Stop contributing to the "sonic is dead" meme. It's been irrelevant for a long while, and you fucks keep bringing it back.
>>
>>344477057
>It's been irrelevant for a long while
Just like Sonic. Accept that your shitty meme franchise was never good already
>>
Re-release Sonic 1/2/3/S&K/CD.

Done.
>>
File: 1467906215099.png (2 MB, 1437x870) Image search: [Google]
1467906215099.png
2 MB, 1437x870
>>344470259
It's literally this, but playable.
>>
>>344477264
Well 3 of the 4 are already done.
>>
>>344477167
>Just like Sonic

Irrelevant isn't a buzzword still, the fact you're even mocking it shows the contrary.
>>
>>344476814
>The game will feature many NPCs, half are human and half are animal. The game will also feature more "forgotten" or "less memorable" characters as NPCs.
>The theme of the town will depend on the date of your console. The city will celebrate Christmas, Easter, Halloween and Sonic's Anniversary.
>Day and Night cycle.
>Sonic carries around a pocket radio, and you can listen to music both from the game and from your music library.
>You can find locations that other people have placed on the map, which contains items that they have left for one other player to take.
>Items that can be collected include food items and clothing for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
>>
File: image.jpg (625 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
625 KB, 2048x1536
>>344477440
Dimps are working on that already. Think of something else.
>>
>>344477580
Just because it exists doesn't mean it's relevant. Sonic is the equivalent of Vanilla fucking Ice. He used to be semi popular even though he was never good and now does anything in its power to regain it's former "glory"
>>
>>344477743
[citation needed]
>>
MMO where kids can play as their shitty hedgehog re-colors.

I become the richest man in human history.
>>
>>344477815
Sorry, phone ran out as I got into the building :p
>>
>>344477913
Already exists. It's called Second Life.
>>
>SEGA approaches you
>unlimited budget
I'd pull a Gearbox. Release a shit game and take all the money.
>>
File: putt-putt.png (193 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
putt-putt.png
193 KB, 500x500
>>344470259
>Add intentionally campy but charming story that doesn't take itself too seriously
>Crush 40 and Hideki Naganuma hired to create most of the soundtrack
>Bring back the Chao Garden
>Refine Generations and Colors gameplay to perfection but include 2-D levels with genesis physics as well
>unlimited budget = longer game
>Optional Eggman side story with Mechwarrior style gameplay that is separate from the main game that allows you to make your own robotnik machines
>Call it Sonic Adventure 3 so even if it gets poor reviews it will sell well
>100%-ing the game unlocks Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures as a playable character with his own playstyle

What do you guys think? A few decisions are probably risky, but I think this would be decent.
>>
>>344470259
Just have Sonic be able to run up any surface but be affected by other physics. How do they keep messing this up?
>>
>>344470259
Make his arms permanently blue
>>
>>344477942
Vague, beating around the bush Engrish shitposting is the worst kind of shitposting.
>>
>>344478116
It's shit. But then again you can't make this franchise good so whatever
>>
>>344475467
I would play the fuck out of Metal Gear Sonic, too.
>>
>>344478103
And then waste it on an IP that gets crushed by Blizzard and their cuck army. Nice.
>>
>>344470259
I hire Seumidh MacDonald as assistant producer and basically make his idea for a game.
>>
>>344470259
gameplay from sonic generations play as sonic and tails
>>
>People wanting to play as Sonic's shitty friends instead of just having it be Sonic
Shit taste
>>
>>344472081
Almost everything you just described is what Sonic World is.
>>
>>344476814
>>344477628

>Soundtrack has many people involved. Crush 40, Cash Cash, Richard Jaques, Dreams Come True and more famous people like Madeon for Sonic stages and Kanye West for Knuckles stages.
>>
>>344478661
>He hasn't played the advance games
>>
>>344478661
>Nintoddlers who didn't get into the series until SA2:B and Heroes who never played S3&K or the Advance games
>>
>>344471620
>Isn't that basically Sonic 4?
No. Sonic 4 failed to do these things. Even what it got right it got wrong due to terrible execution.

>>344472512
Among many other things, such as rehashed levels, badniks and special stages, terrible music, etc. It couldn't be further from an actual Sonic 4.
>>
File: IMG_20160421_225741.jpg (115 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_225741.jpg
115 KB, 1280x985
Sonic waifu game with human self-insert on Sonic girl relationships
>>
>>344470259
Sonic XenoVerse with custom characters and massive amounts of DLC for species and cosmetics. Make billions on furfag NEETbux.
>>
>>344478661
It should be MAINLY sonic but having sonic's friends would be nice as look as they don't have big the cat and knuckles treasure hunting
>>
File: cel shading.png (891 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
cel shading.png
891 KB, 1366x768
>>344470259
Well firstly, give him to capable company, Nintendo maybe, or the sort of people making YookaLaylee. Nice people basically.
But personally, in my own idea for a game...
>Multi-platform release game
>A game with tight controls, no weird traction issues like in Lot World, just very solid physics, so no fucks ups, control wise.
Now for the actual game itself...
Firstly. the artstyle.
>This is going to be a new Sonic game that really feels fresh. So give everything a cel-shaded look, like in pic related. When anything in the game moves, a trail of flaming colour is left behind in sort of a surreal way, kind of like in pic related.
Gameplay
>As stated, the physics and controls are tight, to ensure good control and movement.
>I'm thinking it would be a side scrolling platformer.
Now for the gimmick... this really adds to the gameplay and gives it a new layer of depth
>So, you now about the homing attack, right? What if, whenever you home in on an enemy and hold down the button, Sonic stays grinding on that enemy until you let go? The enemy will NOT die until you release the button, so you can cling on indefinitely. Releasing the button makes Sonic dash in whichever direction you press, so, you could grind/cling on an enemy, then release the button while holding up, to dash up to a high-up ledge.
>This would allow for some crazy level design, for instance, having to cling on to an enemy and then dash off when a certain platform arrives. This sounds basic but, I'm not going to give some complicated explanation of a level.
>A second small gimmick could also simply be being able to air dash once in the air for extra mobility, kind of like MN9's dash but not at all as broken.
>>
Blue arms
>>
>>344479532
Argh!

What's your problem you shitstain!
>>
>>344479626
>>344479532
DONT CALL ANYBODY
>>
Put it only on the PS4.
>>
>>344479770
no no no.
>>
>>344476814
>>344477628
>>344478759

Sounds pretty original anon. Do you think Sonic fans would approve of this kind of game though.
>>
>>344479503
*please ignore all spelling errors
>>
>>344470259
I make it:
Open world
Procedurally generated
"Rogue lite"
Early Access
has Zombies
Crafting
Base building
Episodic content
With classes and loadouts
Streamilined
Simplified
30fps
Facebook integration
Twitch.tv integration
Available on the latest Apple, Samsung, and Android devices
>>
>>344479842
No, most Sonic fans have never played a good game in their lives. Just port the first 3 games to the new consoles and pocket the remaining money
>>
>>344479821
Why not? Sega has been giving the PS4 some unconditional love lately.
>>
File: ree.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ree.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>344479980
>>
>>344479532
Also make Sonic gay and his favorite food be pickles.
>>
>>344479980
Also:
Randomly dropped cosmetics (that can be bought for microtransactions)
Oh, and you'll get banned for racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, or participating in a toxic or unwelcoming environment.
The game is singleplayer.
>>
>>344479626
Makes him look cooler. Kids will love it!
>>
File: Adventure Sonic Spin.jpg (91 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Sonic Spin.jpg
91 KB, 650x600
Carefully make Sonic Adventure 3, with more characters, tight controls, interesting environments, a Chao Garden, and quality of life improvements like making the fishing and similar elements present and great for those who want them, but not required to reach the last story.
>>
>>344480058
it should be multi platform.
>>
Sonic Adventure 3. No matter what, the name would sell.
>>
File: DANK.jpg (71 KB, 887x517) Image search: [Google]
DANK.jpg
71 KB, 887x517
>>344480083
Wew!

I'm getting fuckin' turned on!
>>
File: 1465853537481.jpg (93 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1465853537481.jpg
93 KB, 600x800
>>344480110
Add "must be connected to the internet in order to play game" and you've got yourself a deal.
>>
>>344479992
You stop contributing to the dead meme please.
>>344479842
Unlike regular modern Sonic games which at longest take 6-7 hours to beat, this game take 3 days at shortest to beat when beating it the linear way. If you want to beat the game fully 100% it and doing missions and levels on certain days of the year, it will take you longer to beat than XenoBlade Chronicles X or Skyrim.
>>
>>344480170
>multiplatform

Like Yakuza, Miku, and Valkyria Chronicles?
>>
>>344480334
Sort of a given since it's on Apple, Samsung and Android devices.
>>
>>344480141
I wonder what exactly must be so difficult about making a Sonic game with tight controls?
Like no seriously, for something like Lost World, why DIDN'T they just use a similar engine to the Adventure games? And sure, not everyone is a fan of those games' controls but, like... really?
It can't be THAT hard? Is it just the fault of innovation?
>>
>>344479980
Thanks for copying my idea, except mine is cooler and more in depth.
>>
>>344480374
>You stop contributing to the dead meme please.
Stop trying to breathe life into a franchise that hasn't had it since 1998
>>344480490
Because Sonic Team can't make good games
>>
>>344479503
>When anything in the game moves, a trail of flaming colour is left behind
That would be incredibly obnoxious.
>>
>>344480427
Yeah, but even on those devices, you can turn off wifi and cellular data.

Not likely to happen though, as most people don't do that unless they are on a plane.
>>
i use all the money to make a proper PSO sequel

sonic never has and never will be good
>>
>>344480665
This, but also maybe put some towards Streets of Rage
>>
>>344471047
>No cutscenes and the player has control of their selected character at all times during a level
Gameplay is SO 2015, bro.
It's 2016.
How about: No control of their selected character, and the player has cutscenes at all times?
>>
>>344480490
Tight controls is actually a bad thing for Sonic because it runs contrary to the momentum physics gameplay that made people like it to begin with. The problem with the loose controls that were in Adventure through Shadow is that the level design was retarded linear corridors, death pits everywhere, and precision platforming. Obviously platforming in a Sonic game should still be there, but it needs to be looser, more forgiving, and with fewer strict paths. They could legitimately just toss a bunch of random shit into an enclosed arena and tell the player to get from one point to the next and it'd be completely fine as Sonic level design because it'd let players abuse the physics engine and find their own path.
>>
File: image.jpg (521 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
521 KB, 1280x660
>>344480551
>franchise hasn't been relevant since 1998
>I see the target demographic and adults wearing Sonic shirts and playing Sonic on handhelds in public
>I saw a bunch of normies wearing those expensive DropDead brand Sonic clothes
>Sonic games sell well at store I go to

Yeah, Sonic sure is irrelevant now.
>>
>>344480582
Well, maybe just anything very fast moving. Like, Sonic at full speed, or Sonic after getting hit, or maybe, a few enemies that sometimes have a fast movement or two. Nothing too major.
I know this sounds sperg like but in my head, this all works well.
>>
Sonic in Shinobi world
>>
>>344470259
I would create a game like Sonic 06, trying to revive the series through a cringey as fuck story while littering the game with game-breaking bugs to no end and then I would run away with the rest of the money
>>
>>344480954
Sonic in Tech Land
>>
>>344480905
On the whole Sonic's still irrelevant. The last 2 games combined didn't even break a million copies
>>
>>344480874
By tight, I simply meant "good". Not actually tight as in Lost World tight where you have no momentum. Probably bad word choice on my part.
>Obviously platforming in a Sonic game should still be there, but it needs to be looser, more forgiving, and with fewer strict paths.
100% agree.
>>
>>344481051
That's only because they were on Wii U. Sonic game sell well on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox platforms.

Also, during the life of Sonic Runners it managed to build quite a big player base, and the other mobile Sonic titles have been doing well. When the next Sonic game is revealed and released, that old dead meme will be blown out the way.
>>
>>344470259
i would make bloodborne 2 with some shitty sonic easteregg somewhere
>>
File: 1467810225082.jpg (4 MB, 1344x2045) Image search: [Google]
1467810225082.jpg
4 MB, 1344x2045
Make a game based on thi-
>>344477440
Never mind, this guy knows what's up.
>>
>>344481334
>Also, during the life of Sonic Runners it managed to build quite a big player base, and the other mobile Sonic titles have been doing well. When the next Sonic game is revealed and released, that old dead meme will be blown out the way.
By doing well you mean being regarded as shit? Because for Sonic, shit is relatively good
>>
>>344480905
just looked up drop dead sonic and these are some shitty looking clothes and why is there a "model" with ugly tats head to toe?
>>
File: 1466654448160.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466654448160.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>344480874
Shadow controls way differently to Adventure, way looser. Partly due to the fact that Heroes went through a radical engine change late in development, which is why it looks and plays kind of like ass. It was originally going to use the SA2 engine but it wouldn't run on the PS2 and Sony threatened to never let Sega make a Sonic game on PS2 every again if they didn't make it compatible, which meant transitioning to a shitty renderware engine.
>>
>>344481385
So, a meme game?
>>
remake the first 3
>>
File: 1398198945965.jpg (543 KB, 659x873) Image search: [Google]
1398198945965.jpg
543 KB, 659x873
>>344475467
HOLY SHIT THIS
>>
File: 1467280567901.gif (168 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1467280567901.gif
168 KB, 267x200
Sonic/Tails/Kunckles/Amy vs Eggman story
Metal Sonic appears in this game
2D game, but with 3D classic inspired visuals
Open, but still linear gameplay.
Tons of different zones, each only accessed by different exits of a zone. Similar to Shadow Hedgehog zone layout but without any Good/bad bullshit.
3 levels for each zone.
Uses uncommon themes found in vidya levels. Eg, Halloween, Underwater Base, Japanese/Chinese theme, Food, Chirstmas, Medieval, etc.
Multiplat
Tons of aggressive marketing as like 90's/80's marketing

Have a Chao Garden clone, but with classic Sonic animals to pander to Chao garden fags.
Costumes to customise your animal
Different breeds for each animal type, to make breeding more complex
Able to trade different animals.
Able to customise your habitat.
You can use toys and stuff to increase different stats of your animal.
>>
>>344481707
The only kind of game Sonic should have nowadays is something like Goat Simulator which is ironically bad and filled with memes. Might as well do what the Twitter did and take the piss out of itself and stop taking itself seriously
>>
>>344470259
Deposit infinite money to my bank account.

Let Sonic die the death it deserves.
>>
File: 1467590891195.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1467590891195.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>>344481603
>which is why it looks and plays kind of like ass
Call me crazy but, I actually love a game with extremely loose, slippery controls. I would totally be up for a Sonic with these sorts of physics, it'd be great fun. Crazy, but kinda controllable when you get used to it.
>>
>>344481518
That's UK girls for you I guess. Not all of them are ugly, but a lot choose to be ugly.
>>344481496
I'm not completely sure why you're on this thread in particular in the first place if all you do is decide to force a meme down people's throat. Don't you have some trap thread or "you laugh, you lose" thread you want to shitpost on? Those seem like your kind of threads. Just because you think something is shit, doesn't mean you should make people feel bad about it.
>>
well the new 3ds sonic game coming out looks good I'm picking up sonic boom shattered crystal next week, the demo was pretty fun.
>>
>>344482013
>I'm not completely sure why you're on this thread in particular in the first place if all you do is decide to force a meme down people's throat. Don't you have some trap thread or "you laugh, you lose" thread you want to shitpost on? Those seem like your kind of threads. Just because you think something is shit, doesn't mean you should make people feel bad about it.
Because I want to laugh at retards who think this franchise was good to begin with
>>
>>344470259
Unleashed 2, everything would be the exact same except new continents, the hedgehog engine would be pushed to new extremes thanks to the new consoles, same music directors and boss fights and everything. Only thing I would change is make the werehog levels more platform intensive. 3D platforming with the werehog feels great and some side acts and DLC captured it just right. The main acts clogged up the easy going pace with tons of fighting though. Not that it was bad, but some areas couldve used less spawns.

Unleashed is the perfect sonic game.
>>
>>344475467
Okay, you got me.
>>
>>344482117
>"I want to laugh at retards who thought this franchise was good to begin with"

Ok then. What are your favourite franchises? Are they relevant, or are they the real meme here?
>>
File: HNNGGG.jpg (63 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
HNNGGG.jpg
63 KB, 720x960
>>344482117
>LOL guys I'm using the "Sonic is shit" meme, on the 4chan website!!! I'm actually TROLLING people on 4chan~!
>>
>>344482407
This
>>
>>344482407
T. buttblasted Sonicfag
>>
>>344482754
T. buttblasted adopted child
>>
turn the sonic mega drive comic into its own game
>>
>>344482887
>I-I can't defend muh shitty meme franchise
>Better call him adopted
>>
File: 7567356683798.jpg (81 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
7567356683798.jpg
81 KB, 501x585
>>344470259

i pocket a portion of the budget and hire someone else to do it with the remainder
>>
>>344483007
>"I-I can't protect my shitty unfunny meme"
>"better go to a thread with a somewhat decent discussion and ruin it"
>>
>>344482349
It's been 9 minutes, and the anon hasn't responded with his list of games. Wouldn't expect the list to have many good games on there anyway, probably plays simulator shit and dating sims.
>>
>>344483005
This is just crazy enough to work.
>>
which comic had the character called "turbo?" it was orange
>>
I like how all the meme Tardis just BTFO'd from this thread. Good.

>>344483005
The Sonic Mega Drive Comic as a game would be sweet. It should have the super peel out too, and should be similar to Sonic CD in terms of level design and a bit of aesthetic.
>>
>>344484101
Archie had Turbo Tails, which was a super form for Tails.
>>
>>344484646
*tards

Phone posting is hard nowadays
>>
Take Sonic

Slow him down to about Mario's speed

Add depth

Make it so that its 2D movement, but occasionally it'll go into 3D where you either move into or out of the depth of the screen.

this way you can have multiple layers of level that you move to and then platform on.

Give good ball physics, make each level have a physics gimmick that is solved via ball form +
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>344470259
Babysitting Cream in a fully 3D VR game.
>>
>>344485027
>take sonic
>then take away his one ability that makes him unique and is the only fun part of the games

kill yourself, stupid ass nigger
>>
>>344485334
Old sonic didn't go any faster than Mario holding B.
>>
>>344485027
>take Sonic
>move him down to Mario's speed
>move him down to Mario's speed
>...move him down... To.. Mario's speed...

*sigh* Nani?
>>
>>344485402
And old sonic sucks, whats your point
>>
>>344470259
I don't think I could make anything with the Sonic formula that could top S3&K.

I'd basically bring it back down to another 2D adventure with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles with HD handdrawn art.

That or make Sonic Generations 2 with the "second" most popular levels in the franchise instead of the first.
>>
>>344474491
>You can't sell 2D platformers are full price anymore. The market simply doesn't allow it.

Then how did New Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country Returns sell millions of copies?
>>
>>344485027
>Slow him down to about Mario's speed
no
>>
>>344485571
Nintendrones are autistic and buy anything that says nintendo on the box
>>
File: 1464382502869.png (146 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
1464382502869.png
146 KB, 600x532
>>344475467
>>
>>344485402
DansGame

Unlike Mario, in Classic Sonic games you earned your speed by going down slopes and through loop de loops, as well as jumpi and spin dashing where needed. Mario just feels cheap with a button designed to make him go faster.

Also, Sonic's earned speed is actually faster than holding B in Mario.
>>
File: 1466832217221.png (182 KB, 635x670) Image search: [Google]
1466832217221.png
182 KB, 635x670
>>344475467
>You listen in on a phone call between Dr. Eggman and an unknown voice. The subject matter of this call is an old, abandoned Government project that hasn't been heard of in 50 years.
I CUM
>>
>>344470259
A Dungeon Keeper rip-off where you play as Dr. Ivo Robotnik and build a base and an army to stop an unstoppable Sonic who has had it with your bullshit.
>>
>>344470259
I pay Nintendo to develop it
>>
>>344485981
I'd like to cum in Blaze's pussy for days if you get what I'm saying
>>
>>344487165
Can a human impregnate a purple fire cat?
>>
>>344470259

I'd just develop a title that incorporates stages like daytime Unleashed and Generations. High speed and multiple-pathway level design would be the only focus of the game.

There, I didn't even need an unlimited budget. It was that fucking simple.
>>
>>344475467
>CD Artstyle (*not* Classic Sonic from Generations, more like the CD opening / OVA Sonic.)
Eghhhh. Not really sold on this. The OVA is hugely overrated, and so is Sonic CD.
>>
>>344487657
agreed. sonic cd is trash.
>>
>>344470259
>Sonic advance 4
You're welcome.
>>
>>344487801
I wouldn't go that far, definitely the weakest of the Genesis Sanics but it's not exactly awful. Just put on a pedestal because it's the hipster choice.

The true secret patrician Genesis Sonic is of course 3D Blast
>>
>>344487958
Really? I think its just terrible. I dont know if youre being ironic but i actually like 3D blast. At the very least, its a much better game than the shitpile that cd is.

>m-muh aesthetics! wow its such a le dream fever omg this opening is literally sonic and me xD

sonic cd hipsters are the worst
>>
>>344470259
>SEGA approaches you and gives you an unlimited budget to make a Sonic game
I keep the game in development indefinitely and live a happy life with a steady income.

Either that or make the most complex game ever created
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.