[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
Games that have long ass intros that put you off replaying it.

Bonus for cutscenes or moments that you can't skip/control
>>
File: okami_cover_original.jpg (60 KB, 279x395) Image search: [Google]
okami_cover_original.jpg
60 KB, 279x395
>>
>>344457995
bonus
>>
File: Mario_&_Luigi_3_NA_Cover.png (216 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
Mario_&_Luigi_3_NA_Cover.png
216 KB, 400x360
Really anything from this series. I would rather shoot my foot than play though a beginning again.
>>
>>344457856
The intro to this wasn't even that bad. It's kind of annoying but it's not even remotely as bad as TP or SS's intro, or even MM's or WW's. It's like 10-15 minutes of some kind of annoying bullshit but then it's over. At least the game stops dicking you around and just lets you go on the adventure practically immediately.
>>
File: FILE680.png (58 KB, 350x385) Image search: [Google]
FILE680.png
58 KB, 350x385
>just started replaying this game
HOOOLY SHIT. For being unable to tell me anything, or help me in any way, you two seem incapable of shutting the hell up!
>>
>>344459648
yeah it could be worse, but honestly it could of stopped after it teaches you how to save. Everything else feels like too much.
>>
FINAL FANTASY FUCKING NINE
>>
>>344460056
When I did go back to replay it the first time, I do admit that it did kind of get under my skin, since all I wanted to do was just fucking go do some adventuring but it's nothing like TP's intro either. God, fuck that game and it's three-hour long intro.
>>
File: Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg (77 KB, 393x269) Image search: [Google]
Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg
77 KB, 393x269
As much as I love this game, the intro is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

Also...

>Paper Mario
>Skyrim
>Ocarina of Time
>Oblivion
>>
>>344457856
When I think of long intros and Zelda games, ALBW is surely the last title that cames to mind
>>
Fallout 3

I love the game so much, but if I had a penny for how many times I've done intro, I would be a fucking millionaire
>>
>>344460417
>OoT
>long intro
If we count the entirety of the Kokiri Forest as its intro, or even just the segment before the Great Deku Tree, it's not even that bad.
>>
>>344460273
even the first time that I played tp I was annoyed with that long ass intro. Annoying as hell.
>>
Over 40 minutes of cutscenes in the first 2 hours. Makes it pretty hard jump into things.
>>
>>344460247
BONUS
>>
I'm not exactly willing to play Assassin's Creed III ever again, but it sure had the worst and most long-dragged intro in all vidya.
>>
>>344457995
Is there a slower intro in videogames?
>>
>>344457856
Just completed this game today, It's piss easy but they made the final Ganon fight formidably challenging, but just using your shield actually helps alot.
>>
>>344460613
Not him but i count the intro as everything before Zelda's Lullabye

>>344460541
>not having a save before the "before you leave you can edit your character" message
>>
Twilight fucking Princess
>>
File: uncharted.jpg (89 KB, 599x759) Image search: [Google]
uncharted.jpg
89 KB, 599x759
>>
>>344463828
I hate the forest temple in that game so much. Fuck looking for monkeys
>>
KOTOR

I've literally never replayed the game because of this.
>>
File: Persona_4.jpg (287 KB, 520x734) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4.jpg
287 KB, 520x734
>>
Every pokemon game

>first hour or two can basically be summed up as "run an errand for the professor and then they tell you to take on the league"
>catching tutorial even if you know how to
>>
>>344465112

Fucking this, I have a hard mode save dedicated to keeping me away from that fucking intro.

It takes legitimately two hours to even have control of your character outside of a dungeon. You fight TWO WHOLE BOSSES before you have control over your schedule.
>>
I'm so glad BotW starts off immediately. No stupid goat ranching or cat finding
>>
>>344464252
UC2 did take awhile to get going. I don't think any of the UC games are all that good or even really have long intros, but iirc the first couple hours of UC2 are kind of dull or frustrating. The game doesn't even get all that good until you get to Nepal, which is like halfway through the freaking game.
>>
>>344465112
This, also Persona 3 as well, which is a shame because I really enjoy Persona.
>>
>>344465490
Surprised it took them this long, but I'm glad to see it happen.
>>
>>344457856

Kingdom Hearts has this bad
>>
>>344465924
First KH isn't so bad. Second one fucking takes FOREVER to get going. How do people even defend that shit?
>>
kotor 2. hard to believe people hate teilos of kotor 1 but somehow put up with that stupid space station on 2.
>>
>>344465924
kingdom hearts intro is the opposite for me. Sure, it might be bad for a usual game, but it sets of the game right like sort of a good movie introduction. It makes coming back years later better imo.
>>
>>344463140
>Not him but i count the intro as everything before Zelda's Lullabye
To be fair, you can get all that shit done in an hour or less if you know what you're doing and where to go. Pretty sure anyone who's played OoT by this point can get to Zelda at Hyrule Castle in less than an hour or so.
>>
>>344466726
Finding out how to skip B1F of the Deku Tree was a godsend. Problem is that it feels like half the game before you get the Lullabye is text.
>>
>>344466998
>Problem is that it feels like half the game before you get the Lullabye is text.
Oh shit, true.

Had no idea you could skip B1F of the Deku Tree though. I've put in so many playthroughs of OoT but I know fuck all about how to break the game.
>>
>>344467139
Basically what you do is
>break web
>climb up
>get into just the right spot near a Deku Baba
>sidehop and roll while holding back and R
>backflip with massive recoil
>land near the web leading to the boss

From there it's just a matter of lighting the webbing on fore
>>
>>344467303
Huh, maybe I'll try it out sometime. Thanks anon.
>>
>>344467384
maybe see a video on it, haven't done that in awhile. It sure as fuck beats

>Here's how you dive!
>here's how you push a block!
>>
>>344465660
It's by no means halfway, more like one fourth. But your point still stands, the beginning in that turkish museum is boring shit.
>>
File: Slowpoke_demonicus_doomus.jpg (49 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke_demonicus_doomus.jpg
49 KB, 800x800
>Play game
>Figurative ADHD kicks in if the cutscens is bland and keep on going
>Voice acting slows it down even more so
>Question how I even managed to get trough Skywards swords super slow intro
>>
>>344461774
Yup, if there's one intro that I'd rather never play again it's that. The idea of starting with Haytham is fine, but all the missions with him are just too simplistic and railroaded even when compared to normal Assassin's Creed gameplay.
>>
File: Fallout 3 Cover.jpg (88 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 Cover.jpg
88 KB, 600x847
Not that it's overall bad.
It just doesn't have ENOUGH choice involved to justify its length.
>>
>>344457856
OP you might well have posted every Zelda game after and including OoT.
>>
>>344468085
shit barely fucking runs on win7 to begin with
>>
>>344468587
Yeah but this came to mind because I was replaying it recently.

It seems BotW will be better though, with tutorials and openings that is.
>>
>>344469365
>Yeah but this came to mind because I was replaying it recently.
Which is weird because ALBW has one of the shortest intros in the entire series.
>>
>>344469596
Length isn't important. How much you get to do between each segment is.
Skyward Sword gets really stupid when the slow text crawl is combined with the many interruptions. I.E Always play Hero Mode

And Phantom Hourglass.
Windwaker gets a little stupid, but the gameplay segments once you leave the Island is rather long.
>>
File: 1401124836015.png (30 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1401124836015.png
30 KB, 160x159
Can we all agree that ALBW is overrated and took the lazy way out in terms of non-linearity and art direction? Only thing I liked about that game was how it controlled. That's it.
>>
>>344471210
It's not the best, but it's one of the best Zelda games in a long ass time.
That's a pretty low bar though.
>>
>>344471210
gameplay>art direction in my book, and ALBW is fucking great in that regard
>>
>>344471210
not the best but it was pretty good compared to the last few handheld zeldas that weren't remakes. Then again getting nearly beat to death is better than spirit tracks
>>
>>344471210
Most disappointing thing about it for me was how fucking easy it is. Should have been a Hero mode unlocked from the get go, or a difficulty that's between the two.
>>
>>344472990
Like I said before, I only liked how it CONTROLLED. Not the actual gameplay.
Dungeons were piss easy and I just kept zooming through them. The fact that you can't find anything cool in them makes it not as rewarding to go through one, either.
Also, I thought item renting was the laziest way to achieve non-linearity. Putting up a sign next to a dungeon saying what items you need is pretty ridiculous and hella stupid.
>>
>>344471210
It is the best Zelda since Wind Waker. Which isn't hard to do desu
>>
>>344473964
>desu
Gesundheit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.