[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Videogame Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: Unity-Engine[1].jpg (23 KB, 600x270) Image search: [Google]
Unity-Engine[1].jpg
23 KB, 600x270
How's that videogame going, /v/?

tfw you will never have the artistic or musical talent to make your own visual novel
>>
File: Spooks.png (289 KB, 1056x537) Image search: [Google]
Spooks.png
289 KB, 1056x537
posted it on greenlight after tons of polishing. Didn't get the response I wanted right away.
ech... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721107399
>>
>>344454662
you should have polished it more.

-the first scene in the first video looks just like an open areas with no design or thought put into it. once it shows the interior, its little better, but also looks lazy because the floor, walls, ceiling all have the same texture

-the videos look very unprofessional, they arent even in ftullscreen, they are in the Unity editor

the game itself looks like it has good potential, but first impressions are very important
>>
>>344454662
>>344456196
This, but I upboated your game fampai
>>
>>344456196
yea, I have a little trailer made, but I feel that it got me more no votes
>>
>>344454662
Oh shit, it's you.
I love the work you're doing, I get excited every time I see a video by you in my feed.
Don't stop working on this, it has the chance to be something really great!
>>
>>344456494
Thanks. I won't give up on it.
>>
File: 0e7.gif (210 KB, 280x199) Image search: [Google]
0e7.gif
210 KB, 280x199
just came back to it's page, and it has 10 more no votes.

>mfw
>>
I got a demo in for demo day and am currently trying to deal with feedback.

Seems like the main comment I get is some variation on "looks good but the stage design is boring" so I'm going to be trying to spice things up
>>
>>344454662
The camera feels a tad close, it looks like it's really hard to gauge what is above you in a few of those jumps, I would pull it back a bit so that the player can actually see around themselves more, it looks kind of cramped as it is.

Your style and textures are nice, but like the other anon says it feels bland when the floor and the walls are the same, try to always mix and match to make it pop more.

Are bombs unlimited? There does not seem to be anything stopping you from spamming them all over, and it looks weird that they pop out of nowhere with no animation in your character.

And a few other small thing, your health power up thing was just solid red, which was painful to look at in the red room, try putting a glow effect or at least a white line around it.

Keep at it anon, you're closer than most ever get.
>>
>>344457394
Thanks. just screened your post for helping reference.
>>
File: 1397848964103.png (32 KB, 185x376) Image search: [Google]
1397848964103.png
32 KB, 185x376
Was trying out some stuff in GameMaker Studios/Unity for a 2D platformer but backed off for a little while. Was thinking i could take some time to set myself a bit more into C++ first.
Is there any particular parts i should learn before tackling on making a game? I already have two friends who are artists/musicians respectively so i dont have to worry too much about that.
>>
Why is skinning so fucking difficult!?
>>
>>344454662
Coul d please explain me what`s you about?
i`m sorry if you have explained already on past threads.
>>
>>344458778
It' a 3D platformer based on NES graphics. People seem to take one look at it and hate because it looks similar to minecraft or roblox. they don't even watch the videos or anything
>>
I'll get around to that sequel one day.
>>
>>344458918
Thanks.
I think you should keep it up no matter what, it`s good to see some /v/tard is getting things done.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (483 KB, 1268x656) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
483 KB, 1268x656
How's this? Any good?

I don't know coding at all.
>>
Yo I wanna make a game and I made a song for it, I'm kinda stuck and I want feedback as to where I should go with it

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/tentative-song-1

(for context's sake, the song is a reprise of the basic battle theme https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/when-we-were-champions)
>>
>>344459439
Learning to code is a waste of time if you just want to make games.
Source: I've taken several years of C++, Java, etc and never learned anything that helped with games.
Just choose an engine and learn how to code for that specifically, or see if your local community college has courses in game development.
Mine does starting this fall, which is the same tile I transfer away to a uni, so fuck my life.
>>
>>344459536
Sounds like it could be a "useless" battle, as in you can't win the battle because the boss is too strong or something.

Its good, but it takes way too long to really start imo.
>>
File: climbanim2.webm (560 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
climbanim2.webm
560 KB, 640x360
Major update today: Improved tail wiggling while climbing ladders.
>>
>>344460173
It's intended for the very final boss of the campaign, actually, but I like your idea too

Most of my songs I feel like get that feedback; I always seem to make the intros too long. Oh well!
>>
>>344460192
What does he shoots?
>>
>>344460192
So like, is he going to get clothes as upgrades or is this just him in the underwear all game?
>>
>>344460416
Hey man, you do you.
>>
>>344460032
>Source: I've taken several years of C++, Java, etc and never learned anything that helped with games.
then you've never tried to make anything more complicated than a 2d platformer
>>
>>344460423
Energy~~~
>>344460461
Just underwear for now. Having to edit every frame of all his animations to add stuff would be a pain in the ass.
>>
File: Untitled.png (204 KB, 1056x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
204 KB, 1056x539
I'm gonna be posting a video soon of the haunted house level so stay updated mates
>>
File: you are a big fish.jpg (457 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
you are a big fish.jpg
457 KB, 1280x960
not bad, cod be batter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNmbHkNFZ5Y
>>
>>344460772
So, he is literally aura dog
>>
>>344462523
As much as Megaman was an aura boy, I guess.
>>
>>344454062
Stay on funnyjunk retard
>>
>>344463718
He was a super fighting robot
>>
File: pong with working paddles.webm (63 KB, 1798x1021) Image search: [Google]
pong with working paddles.webm
63 KB, 1798x1021
I've learned input, drawing sprites, collision, and basic game loop.

I'm getting there.
>>
File: ok.jpg (61 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
61 KB, 1280x736
>>344464819
>Slow
>Hits paddle
>Goes mach 5
>>
>>344465940
I'm testing with how much to accelerate the ball with each hit. I can make it as fast or slow per hit as I want easily.
>>
>>344464819
good work, anon
you can do it
>>
How do I "shuffle" an array?
I have this array with party data and stuff, and when you switch the party order, I want to have whoever was index 1 to be 2, and when reaching the limit to go back to 0.
But I have no idea how to do that in code.
>>
>>344454662
Once you actually get it on steam, make it 15$ and start it off at like 12, then you can drop it later on
Don't waste your time selling at 5$, people won't buy or play it simply because it's that cheap
>>
>>344468796
Rather than shuffling the array itself, it would be easier to have a "currentPartyMember" variable to keep track of whose turn it is.

To loop it back to 0 when you reach the end use the modulus operator. This gives you the remainder when you do a division on it, like how you were taught in school before fractions.
i.e. newCurrent = (current + 1) % arraySize
>>
maybe some of you guys know.
is there an online 3d interactive anatomically correct figurine?
>>
>>344460423
sperm thats a fucking furry
>>
easiest engine to get into?
I'm a programmer and want to try making just a couple of simple games
I want to use c++, which should I try: godot, gamemaker, cocos2d?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.