[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You could be playing these 90 must-buy titles right now. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1467951007080.jpg (3 MB, 2900x5800) Image search: [Google]
1467951007080.jpg
3 MB, 2900x5800
You could be playing these 90 must-buy titles right now. Why don't you own a Wii U?
>>
>>344447862

>Donkey Kong
>Bayonetta
>Smash Brothers

Stopped reading there. The first was an okay, but painfully average. The second is a mature dudebro cinematic experience, and the third has 35 dollars of online DLC that affects the game in unfair ways.

Are these really good recommendations? I can't say that I'd support that.
>>
File: 1467196018387.jpg (507 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467196018387.jpg
507 KB, 1280x720
>>344447862
i did buy one but the only things i play on it are Smash and TMS
>>
>>344448053
>Bayonetta
>mature dudebro cinematic experience

what
>>
>>344447862
TMS should have a disclaimer to pirate the fuck out of it unless you want swaths of content altered or removed.

Pikmin 3 was incredibly disappointing, but I suppose if you didn't wait nine fucking years for it, it's fine.
>>
>>344448320

>Sex and violence everywhere
>shooting and killing monsters
>2-3 hours of annoying cinematc cutscenes

I don't really care if it's "ironic" or "over-the-top" it's still obnoxious to a large degree. And it hurts the game as a whole.
>>
I would get Project Zero if it wasn't like £80 everywhere in my country.
>>
>>344448654
I only played bayo 1 I but I agree that there were way too many cutscenes.
>>
>>344447862
>Indies in could get on steam or for free
>playing multiplats on consoles
>paying for roms
>listing HD remasters and garbage like Mario Party

If you're gonna shill you better make a better job at it
>>
File: 1426822469975.jpg (40 KB, 350x347) Image search: [Google]
1426822469975.jpg
40 KB, 350x347
>>344448636
>swaths of content altered or removed.
>>
File: 1466568388048.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1466568388048.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>344449140
>t-there wasn't content removed/altered, i-it's a tin foil hat c-conspiracy!
>>
>>344447862
I have one.
>>
>>344448654
Bayonetta has almost nothing in common with "mature dudebro cinematic mature" beyond having some of the same very vague and basic elements, like violence and the presence of cutscenes.

The way in which they are presented is entirely different, the tone is different, the themes present are different and the games appeal to widely different audiences. Bayonetta sold like shit compared to most "mature dudebro cinematic experience" because it didn't appeal to those same customers. Oh, and it doesn't star a mid-30's/40's guy with a buzzcut. Not that there's any problem with that it's just those games have protagonists like that for a reason, and that reason is their target audience.

>>344448853
You can skip and pause them at least though which is something I wish a lot of other games would allow you to do.
>>
>>344447862
Most of these aren't must-buy titles lol
>>
>>344447862
Stopped at Nintendo World, and Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>344449513
>swaths
Key word there, genius. It's not "swaths" of content, it's a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of the game's content, if it's even crossing the 1% threshold.

I'm not defending localiza- I mean censorship, but you need to be realistic about how you present your argument or you look like the picture I posted and won't be taken seriously.
>>
I'd like to get a Wii U just for Bayonetta, MH3U, and Xenoblade. But at the same time, I really can't justify it. My PS3 is a pretty decent media center and I don't think the Wii U can pull stuff off of remote locations on my network to watch movies.

Might just get an Apple TV and Wii U and call it a day, but in the end I'll be buying into a dead console. How sad.
>>
>>344449819

>Bayonetta has almost nothing in common with "mature dudebro cinematic mature" beyond having some of the same very vague and basic elements, like violence and the presence of cutscenes.
That's the biggest similarity it can share. I admired Nintendo for their ability to stick to their guns in this era of games needing sex fanservice and guns and killing, but then they sold out and wanted that slice of mature gaymer pie. It struck a bad chord with me.

>but it's presented differently! that means it;s okay!

No, it really isn't. Doing something "ironically" still means you're doing it.
>>
>>344450274
>I admired Nintendo for their ability to stick to their guns in this era of games needing sex fanservice and guns and killing, but then they sold out and wanted that slice of mature gaymer pie. It struck a bad chord with me.
But it was exactly the same shit the first game had and Nintendo had nothing to do with that one, Nintendo just let Platinum make the sequel to Bayonetta like the first game because that's the game they wanted to make.

>but it's presented differently! that means it;s okay!
>that means it's okay
Why wouldn't it be okay regardless of the reasoning behind it? Fuck you if you don't like free speech and expression. And it's not presented "ironically" at all, what the fuck are you on about?

Again Bayonetta and something like CoD or Uncharted feature different gameplay and entirely different themes and tones and, AGAIN, aren't aimed at the same audience. Your college frat boys playing "cinematic dudebro" games aren't the audience Bayonetta was intended for.
>>
File: wew.png (355 KB, 542x418) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
355 KB, 542x418
>Bayonetta 2
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.