[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been a big fan of MGS since 1998, my favourites being 1,3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
>been a big fan of MGS since 1998, my favourites being 1,3 and PW
>stay away from /v/ during august-september 2015 to not get spoiled until I finish
>story was unfinished and pacing was so-so but the rest of the game was great
>love it, play it for more than 200 hours
>ends up being one the best MG games imo
>go on /v/ in october
>everyone calls it a trainwreck, gameplay is shit, story sucks ass, open world is terrible, characters suck dick
>if I say something positive about I get called a Kojimadrone
Jesus Christ, why is /v/ still so against this game? Literally everyone else got over the fact that it isn't the game we thought it would be.
>>
>>344411795
Its a fine game but its not what people wanted. It doesnt feel very metal gear.
>>
>>344412003
>it doesn't feel like metal gear
that's what I said about 3 in 2004 and GZ in 2014
I was wrong
>>
>>344411795
because it's a meme, and so is "kojima is a hack!!1!"

Of course V is unfinished, and could have been so much more, but it's STILL pretty fucking great. Hands-down the most tight, polished, fun gameplay in the series. What's there of the story IS good, and completes just about every unanswered question.

People (only on here, for some reason) can't accept that Konami, a giant company that is difficult to "hate", went fucking insane and pulled the rug out from under this game.
>>
>>344412120

The gameplay is good, too bad it's squandered on a game with non-existent level design.
>>
>>344412079
I played 1 2 3 pw after 4 and i felt they were both game play wise and aesthetically parallel. While gz was closer, tpp felt like a departure in gameplay, tone ane storytelling
>>
>>344411795

I went in with abysmally low expectations and still wound up disappointed somehow. It wasn't just a bad Metal Gear game, it was a bad game in general. The whole second act being copypasta missions, the game not even being finished, the world being even more boring than most other open world games... I just don't know how anyone can stand it.
>>
>>344412279
TPP was closer to PW than GZ
>>
>>344411795
Actual reasons?

>World feels empty
>Missions feel irrelevant to the overarching story
>characters are dull and lifeless
>very small scale, short story
>no massive complexes to sneak into
>>
>>344412120

>and completes just about every unanswered question

What unanswered questions were there after IV? That game answered everything. Sure, the answer was "nanomachines" 90% of the time, but still. All V did was introduce more questions, like what the hell happened to the Metal Gear Liquid stole or how anyone ever trusted the guy who stole a Metal Gear as a kid.
>>
Contrarians, they will whine about anything that's popular
>>
>>344412630
>world feels empty
The power of cross-gen!
>characters feel dull
nah
>mission feel like they don't have impact on the story
True
>small scale story
this being bad is subjective
>>
because it's boring as shit
>>
File: 1444422651252.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1444422651252.gif
2 MB, 540x540
You know what's the problem?

Game that was supposed to have incredible plot and a lot of personality ended up with superb gameplay. It's so fucking good that you can play it everyday, yet it's extremely disappointing. It's like ending a series with something really good, but not quite fitting.

Also compare it to the previous games.

>MGS1, ends with a MGRex fight and Solid vs. Liquid
>MGS2, ends with a katana fight against the president of the US
>MGS3, ends with an extremely good twist, motorbike fight against Shagohod, Volgin fight, The Boss fight, Ocelot showdown
>MGS4, ends with a Solid vs. Liquid fight, meeting Big Boss and Zero
>MGSV, the last game in 28 years old series, ends with a copypasted tutorial mission and twist that was supposed to feel you bad (phantom pain)

How is this good? Literally every single part of the game is somehow completely broken. Ocelot is a perfect example.

>MGS1, crazy russian cowboy who loves tortures
>MGS2, crazy russian cowboy, acts as a third party agent, possessed by Liquid
>MGS3, crazy cat kiddo, meows
>MGS4, mastermind behind everything, Liquid Ocelot
>MGSV, friend of Big Boss who helped with the V plan

Kojima literally ignored everything that would be fun for the sake of making the player feel "the phantom pain". That's like calling it "bad game" and then making it bad on purpose.
>>
>>344412951
Subjective.
I thought it was fun as hell.
>>
>>344412279
Regardless of how you feel about TPP or even MGS as a whole, there is room for an open world game in the series, it doesn't have to replicate the formula either, they could make a MGS tabletop or card game (not Acid), it's fine.
>>
>>344413042
and you're a kojimadrone, subjectively
>>
It's somehow both the best and most disappointing game I've ever ever played.

It's the best and worst Metal Gear game.
>>
>>344413165
>kojimadrone
I hate 3, Peace Walker and 4.
I was actually surprised that I liked V.
>>
>>344412998
>the problem with the story is it's suppose to be good but it isn't
try rereading what you wrote before you post it
>>
>>344411795
don't worry op I loved it. Probably one of my all time favorite games along with RDR and HL1
>>
>>344412886
>nah

Yeah, let's look at the main cast.

>Venom Snake
>mute as fuck because it looked cool in Mad Max (who still fucking talked from time to time), doesn't speak after Mission 2
>Kazuhira Miller
>The best character in the game, some actual depth. Still, almost no screentime
>Ocelot
>shows up in maybe four cutscenes, talks every 10 hours, bland as shit if compared to Ocelot from MGS1/2/3/4
>Quiet
>mute as fuck because parasites, naked because photosynthesis, dumbest arc ever
>Codetalker
>old man with exposition dumps

Is there anyone else? Maybe Eli with his unfinished as fuck arc?

>>344413310
What do you mean? The problem is that Kojima ignored everything that would be fun to see for the sake of making the player feel the phantom pain.
>>
File: 1466797534251.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466797534251.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>344413310
well then you just have a shit subjective tase, idc
>>
>>344411795
I fucking loved this game. It honestly has some of the most enjoyable gameplay in the entire series. I do wish the game had a proper hard mode, but with a PC mod and some restraint the game is challenging ever at the end.

My only wish was that we had more Camp Zero like areas, and that we had attack helicopers , skulls and walker gears outside of missions.

The storyline has its flaws. At times it's excellent, but most of the time it's weak.

It reminds me of Black Flag. It might not really fit in with the rest of the series, but it's very fun in its own right.
>>
>>344413397
>Venom Snake
He's mute because he's you, the player. He's also fucked in the head.

Kaz was great. Huey too.
>>
>every original scene in Chapter 2
Goddamn, I wasn't expecting these feels. Why is everyone complaining about Ch. 2?
>>
it's not over. not yet.
>>
>>344413510
>At times it's excellent
Tell me fucking when.

>>344413562
>He's mute because he's you, the player.
That doesn't make him entertaining. I didn't want to play as myself. It's Metal Gear, not Fallout. Also why does he respond to questions like a normal person (and like I would) in the Diamond Dogs mission? Why is 90% of his personality and dialogue packed in a fucking tutorial?

>He's also fucked in the head.
You mean he's fucked in the tongue.
>>
>>344413780
Of course it's not, there's 30th Metal Gear anniversary in 2017. Also Konami was hiring people for the "New Metal Gear Team".
>>
>>344413813
>Tell me fucking when
Opening, every important story mission until "Voices" (Chapter 1).

Literally every moment in Chapter 2. Paz. Shining Lights. Huey's trial.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 14-26-52-64.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 14-26-52-64.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
I'm at 50 hours or so and I don't know how much more I can take. Every mission and side op is basically the same thing. Get your iDroid out, get your helicopter to land, jump on the helicopter, select the mission you want, select your sortie, wait to land, move to the location, crawl or shoot your way into the base and grab the prisoner or eliminate the target and then get out again queuing up the helicopter on your iDroid all over again. It's not like you can keep doing side ops on the ground either because you need to jump back on the helicopter for the next set to spawn. While you're on the ground you're interrupted by constant mother base information which will cause you to pull out your iDroid and handle things like queuing your soldiers in the facebook styled minigame or expanding your base further. If you actually bother going back to base you can only really beat up your soldiers or do some target practice.

The problem is compounded by only two regions which aren't especially large. You will end up revisiting the same bases several times just for side ops by which point you've already taken all the resources and destroyed all the equipment so it's really just a chore to clear out the soldiers again. It's also exacerbated by main quests repeating themselves with only moderate variables attached like STEALTH ONLY.

As someone put it to me several months before playing the game "It's a grind to the next cutscene". What he said was unbelievably true. You keep completing tasks in the hopes you'll move the story forward a little because you're sick of clearing out the same areas and just want to get the next part of the story, but it really isn't worth it. The audio logs are rubbish, the cutscenes are fairly lackluster and Skull Face himself really didn't help the game at all.

The only things I really like are weapon customization, the number of weapons / gadgets available and a few other customization options.
>>
>>344411795
great game, just a bad metal gear game.
>>
I genuinely hate the entire series but I loved GZ and even though TPP isnt nearly as good as it was supposed to be I can still appreciate parts of it

I honestly cannot see the reason for the dicksucking this series gets when they have ALWAYS been the subpar GAMES out of the genres they try their hands at but even then the stories and writing has always been fucking garbage

MGS1 has cool bosses and I have to admit its pretty good for a PS1 game

I can appreciate how jam packed MGS2 substance is with detail- theres an entire book inside the game, the vr missions, the improved gameplay from 1 etc- its still unique top down stealth and I cant really shit on it by comparing it to other stealth games because its so different

MGS3 is one of the most overhyped games ive ever played- the controls and animations are laughably bad when you play with the updated camera, and if you use the original the game is unplayable. I cannot believe this game came out when splinter cell 3 did, which not only has better shooting and stealth controls/ mechanics but it still holds up graphically. The story was terrible and full of useless/ annoying characters, and the "heartthrob" only works if youre stupid enough to actually let it work: the game makes no effort to make it seem like the Boss is a likeable character let alone show any history with him and snake beneath the game outright saying "they have history". Full of useless and annoying time waster mechanics- half the game is spent in menus

MGS4 is mgs3 with less but much better gameplay, story and characters are even worse even if it has one of the best protagonists out of any game ever. The scene with shirtless old snake in front of a mirror is probably the only "emotional" moment in the entire franchise apart from the shining lights speech
>>
"Jesus Christ, why is /v/ still so against this game? Literally everyone else got over the fact that it isn't the game we thought it would be."

>stay away from /v/ during august-september 2015 to not get spoiled until I finish

That's why, you forced yourself to enjoy it. Hey dude if you enjoyed it for 200+ hours that's great, seriously, it's been a long long time since I've enjoyed a game that much. But if you want my honest opinion, a story is more important than game mechanics.
>>
>>344414117
>every important story mission until Voices
Phantom Limbs, Diamond Dogs, Cloaked in Silence, Hellbound. That's it.

>Paz.
Too bad her arc is completely disconnected from the main story and it's literally a sidestory without any meaning. It's "wew Venom Snake has hallucinations because he feels guilty". Instead of getting a proper ending to Paz's story we get 2sad4u short piece of shit.

>Shining Lights
I can agree about this one, lighting, atmosphere and dialogue are great. But it would be even better if we actually shot someone we knew.

>Huey's trial
Short cutscene, the only finished arc in the whole game.
>>
I am harder on this game because I care about the series. The gameplay is generally good, but there are so many problems that nag at you as you get farther into the game. If it were a game other than Metal Gear I wouldn't care and accept it as a good game, but I expect more from the series.
>>
>>344414460
>But if you want my honest opinion, a story is more important than game mechanics.

I can understand why people hate MGSV. It's the most disappointing piece of media I've ever consumed. But you're a fucking faggot and you're the reason why games are getting worse every year, go back to Gone Home.
>>
The Paz parts were Big Medic trying to remember the truth.
>>
>>344412998
>Ending a series with something really good but not quite fitting
Zero Time Dilemma
>>
>>344414460
>a story is more important than game mechanics

/v/ is dead.
>>
>>344413397
>The best character in the game, some actual depth. Still, almost no screentime
He was a shit two dimensional character. Just can't think rationally and is wrong about everything. Never learns or develops.
Such great, subtle writing like "nine years ago I thought everything's been taken from me, but now I really have lost it all".
He also gets a lot of screen time even though he shouldn't. You can literally predict everything he has to say about any given situation. Boring.

Huey was the best character. He's not only good, he's near perfect. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how he was portrayed.

>dumbest arc ever
Great criticism.
>>
>>344414634
Funny I would say the same exact thing about you.
>>
>>344414436
MGS3 is good because its super comfy. There, I said it.
>>
>>344414792
Not him but Miller was an amazing character that simply suffered from kojimas inability to write anything beyond a few gold bits here and there

the dialogue kaz has (mostly used in the trailers anyways since they were the best parts) show how he is one of the genuinely potentially good characters from the shitshow of anime that MGS is- the "here is the enemy" scene would have been amazing had it been at the end of chapter one. The problem simply is that kojima is a hack and cant into character development

Huey was great but his character "arc" suffered from kojima trying to work with the continuity of the series. It makes Venom Snake look like a wimp when he doesnt let huey die even when the game immeaditely establishes that he has no warm feelings for him (bags his head, throws him down from the walker, lets him get tortured etc)
>>
>>344414792
>Miller
>Boring
>Huey
>he's near perfect.
Literally
>guys i didn't do that i swear!
>but you lied to us!
>WEEEW IT'S YOUR FAULT FAGGOTS

>Great criticism.

Am I supposed to tell you why Quiet, literally the most flat character in Metal Gear series, has a dumb arc?
>>
>>344414867
>interactive movie faggot
>>
GZ had a really dark tone to it

TPP? not so much at all

really was looking forward for TPP being more like GZ
but nah
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-05 00-05-09-87.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-05 00-05-09-87.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
Anyway time to Quietpost
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2016_07_08_09_40_44_456.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2016_07_08_09_40_44_456.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
Absolute, reckless kinôgraphé.
>>
>>344415282
He didn't rescue her

He didn't love her
>>
>>344411795
>gameplay is shit
I don't think anyone is actually saying this. If anything they're saying that the gameplay is the ONE thing they did really good. Everyone is just complaining that the story is unfinished, which it is, and that's terrible.
>>
>>344415574
It's just not a story focused game anon, let it go
>>
File: MOF's_horse.jpg (31 KB, 344x349) Image search: [Google]
MOF's_horse.jpg
31 KB, 344x349
>>344415254
the fuck are you even babbling about?
if you legitimately thought the story in MGSV was good, than you have very low standards or are delusional, either way I pity you
>>
>>344415876
It was good for what it was trying to do, you're just butthurt it didn't have more cutscenes
>>
>>344415876
Of course it wasn't, but the most important thing in vidya is the gameplay.

MGSV is a completely different story, since it was the most plot-heavy game in a 28 years old series.
>>
>>344415171
Huey is a character that's so easy to hate just off of a hunch. There's literally no proof that he did anything wrong, but he's such a bad liar.
It works perfectly for the games theme of reputation and informational control.
A lot more interesting than "grr cipher, bawss! muh phantom painâ„¢!!".
>literally the most flat character in the series
I guess you would need to tell me. Honestly though, this goes back to "You know what's the problem? It's not good." Actually support your claim instead of assuming everyone is on the same wavelength as you.
>>
>>344416060
The biggest problem with the story is that they did not get close to accomplishing what they said they were trying to do before the game came out. Even ignoring the pre-release hype, I would assume they ran out of money or plan to release a sequel in the near future based on the abrupt ending. I don't expect top tier writing from Metal Gear, but there is no reason to make pointless loose ends that will never be developed without answering the questions the game was expected to answer.
>>
>>344416060
>good for what it was trying to do
>good for what it was
I've always internally rolled my eyes whenever I hear someone say this. Essentially you're saying that its potential was wrongly handicapped and it should be held to that standard. It's a play on words.

I don't care about cutscenes. More cutscenes less cutscenes. Whatever it takes to get me involved in the game. This game didn't do it. Not even close as it was genuinely laughable at times.

Let me guess you enjoy most action movies that come out of Hollywood yes? Like I said earlier, I'm stoked that you were able to enjoy the game so much, but I have different thoughts about what makes a story good. This game isn't tetris, you can't have a game like this with a poorly written story, it's a death blow.
>>
>>344416068
>the most important thing in vidya is the gameplay.
not in a game like this
>>
Let's actually discuss MGSV.

Normally I'd list the pro's first, but there is one negative so glaring it needs to be the top of any discussion talking about this game.

1. Due to some weird context sensitive bug the fox engine constantly forces you to walk in a random direction till you move the in that direction, forcing you to walk EVEN FURTHER into a random fucking direction. IN A FUCKING STEALTH GAME.

2. AI is completely retardedly incapable, this becomes extra obvious when you for example walk into a mission with a time table while at an odd time. It makes me wonder why they didn't just make certain missions start at certain times.

3. All the bosses are jokes, there isn't a single challenging thing in the entire game.

4. Weapon customization really gets out of control and you can make one-shot-incapacitate weapons by maxing out penetrate. These also work on other players holy shit what were they thinking.

5. The forced multiplayer is a blight, does nothing useful, is completely obnoxious. Adds a weird mobile game waiting mechanic to an action game???

6. Enemies stacking resistances for you having played to well was obnoxious, by the end of the game all enemies were wearing five helmets night vision goggles with flashlights and ten layers of body armor. I was constantly destroying supplies as fast as the missions would queue and would still have this issue non-stop.

7. Muh heavy handed WEH DONT KRILL CHILDRANS

8. Kaz's and ocelots end dialogue is so desperately grand standing, and I really just wonder why they bothered with it being like that since we know Kaz died on the way back to his home planet since this is a prequel.

Finally, lets all admit it.

9. Kojima spent THREE DECADES, THIRTY FUCKING YEARS OF HIS LIFE. Explaining and justifying why he called the boss of the first game "Big boss" and how it was totally intentional and not at all just a stupid product of the industry at the time.
>>
>>344416678
no, they didn't get close to accomplishing what you thought they were going to do before the game came out
>>
>>344412778
Underrated post

MGSV became normie taste
>>
>>344416724
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that just because it isn't tightly plotted with a linear focused traditional video game story with static beginning/middle/end does not mean the story was bad, or make the game a "huge disappointment"
>>
MGSV is the game you point to that proves raw mechanics aren't everything sometimes. Does it have tight controls that feel good to play? Yeah. It also lacks any sense of pacing, the level design is non-existent, there's no sense of investment, the boss fights are almost all terrible, and the FUCKING GAME IS INCOMPLETE. Chapter 2 is a complete embarrassment.

MGSV is a nice, warm, comfy winter coat that doesn't have a zipper, pockets or a hood.
>>
>>344416956
>there isn't a single challenging thing in the entire game
try extracting all the tanks in episode 45
>>
>>344416956
>. Due to some weird context sensitive bug the fox engine constantly forces you to walk in a random direction till you move the in that direction, forcing you to walk EVEN FURTHER into a random fucking direction. IN A FUCKING STEALTH GAME.

uhhhh

wat
>>
>>344416956
>it's not challenging
>he played the game with all the HUD shit, markings and other stuff on
>>
>>344417195
>[EXTREME] Metallic Archaea
>>
>>344417321
but why the FUCK did they decide to have HUD settings sync up with MGO?
>>
>>344411795
/v/ is a bunch of angry, bitter neckbeards who hate games they haven't played. This isn't old news, friend.
>>
>>344411795
>open world is terrible
But that is the truth of why the game is so disappointing, taking over camps and even the few lager 'set-piece' type missions have nothing of the scale of something like groznygrad nor does it create any memorable moments because it all just blends together without distinction. If you still disagree with me look at the pathetic list of bosses in this game and compare that to other MSG games, that enough was a huge demerit on this game for me
>>
Worst part about V is the manchild ass fanbase.

There's nothing more hilarious than people that do find this game enjoyable being shouted at by 5 different retards getting butthurt that someone can find enjoyment in the final game.
>>
>>344416956
>Kaz's and ocelots end dialogue is so desperately grand standing

Well this much is true. They're basically the only ones who actually talk in the game too.
>>
>>344417541
What if I finished the game?
>>
>>344417321
yeah if you don't turn all of that shit off immediately you have no justification for calling the game easy

although it's still pretty easy when all of that shit is turned off
>>
>>344413562
>defending the 'big medic was you all along' bullshit
I'm convinced people like you didn't enjoy the other MSG games, I don't want some shitty self-insert character I wanted a character with personality and depth and at least some goddamn humanity, the way they handled the main character in this game was one of it's biggest fundamental flaws
>>
I think everything past 3 should have just been random snake or big boss missions that didn't really have a grand narrative attached to it.

This series' biggest fault is trying to tie all this garbage overarching plot together. I would have preferred games that are set in random gray areas of time where big boss, snake, or raiden are just out doing something that sorta pertains to their end narrative, but doesn't really ride on having to explain every stupid ass little minute detail.

The themes of these games are always the best part, somewhere along the line all this fanfare kojima was getting got to his head and he started thinking he was actually a good writer and started trying to piece all his shit story together and lost focus of what made his games great.
>>
>>344414327
This is totally honest and correct, thanks anon
>>
>>344417003
Then I will simply agree with >>344416724 (who is probably who you were originally replying to before I jumped in.) If this is what they were trying to do then they were trying to do something that was bad. This isn't leaving things up to the player to interpret. It is just adding unfinished subplots that don't go anywhere that will never mean anything because the series is done.
>>
>>344417321
So you have to severely gimp the game to make it challenging?

By that logic using a gun in Call of Duty is making the game easy mode

It's still easy even if you turn markings off because there's so many tools which find enemies for you
>>
>>344412998
Ocelot is only being himself in V, you stupid retard. Shows how much you understand his character in your dumb post.
>>
>>344418454
I bet you read genre fiction

It's a video game that was supposed to end after literally each iteration. I think you can give it a little slack for not having an entirely consistent plot
>>
It isn't a bad game by itself, but compared to the legacy of the series, it was quite bland. Has the best controls and gameplay mechanics of the series, but let down by some mindblowingly bad mission design, poorly executed open world, lack of boss battles in a series renowned for them, boring characters and a story that spent 80 hours explaining why Big Boss survived Metal Gear 1.
>>
Let's expect Death Stranding.
>>
>>344413397
>Codetalker
>old man with exposition dumps
Oh fug, listening to his tapes was AWWWWFUL. He talks so slowly while infodumping lore about how parasytes did shit no one cares about.
>>
>>344414327
>It's also exacerbated by main quests repeating themselves with only moderate variables attached like STEALTH ONLY.
This, in my opinion, was the best part. It improved entire missions. Total stealth and no weapons that is. Fighting Quiet or the Skulls in hardmode was awful.
>>
>>344417143
>beginning/middle/end
But these are the things that work. These are things that for millions of years have made people FEEL. A good story. You can't have Casablanca without the beginning, you can't take the end out of Return of the Jedi (technically the empire wins). A video game doesn't need a complex story, Ocarina had a very simple plot and it's arguably the best game of all time.

If you can have fun simply with the gameplay than that is great; stalking the different camps and perfecting Snake's infiltration techniques a thousand different ways is fun. Certainly not a "huge disappointment." But without the other tools at the creators disposal, at the least a disappointment in terms of the game as a whole.

Don't convince yourself that the story is good. I don't want to get into an in depth critique but the consensus seems to be that Kojima just didn't have the time/team to be able to come up with a story that matched the newly huge scale of the game. Don't mock your intelligence by saying that the characters and story were interesting or dynamic. Don't curb your standards, so that in the future game devs will hear us, learn and hold themselves to a higher standard. Sorry for the sermon.
>>
>>344418665
>I bet you read genre fiction

you sound like an elitistic retard trying way too hard to prove how knowledgeable you are

MGS has a laughable "story" but "genre fiction" like book of the new sun blows 99% of "literature" like moby shit out of the water
>>
>>344419228
RESONATING CHAMBERS
COPULATE
PRONUNCIATION
ETHNIC CLEANSERS
SONGBIRD
VOCAL CORD PARASITES
SYMBIOTIC

>40 minutes of this shit
>>
>>344418809
Don't have high hopes. Kojima hasn't had a good co-writer or a good editor since MGS3.
I still enjoyed PW though.
>>
File: 1353799258571.jpg (29 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1353799258571.jpg
29 KB, 429x410
>>344411795
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>344411795
GZ set the bar too high. V only hits the heights of gz in a few missions. The open world thing was cool but but ultimately didn't include enough areas that were dense enough to make the most of the amazing gameplay and all the options you have. It's like buying a race car and just driving through side streets. The story was incomplete so you just have more disappointment there. V was great, but it's kind of like finally making it with a really attractive girl and all the pent up tension and build up, you get hints of how kinky she is and exploring her body is amazing, but then you find that she isn't very good in bed and you end up with an average finish on her stomach. Still really satisfying, but doesn't quite live up to the expectation.
>>
>>344419890
Doesn't help that his fanbase basically fellates him and now he thinks he's some sort of superstar. It's only gonna get worse when a "writer" can't check their ego at the door.
>>
File: 465435786975864.jpg (11 KB, 270x240) Image search: [Google]
465435786975864.jpg
11 KB, 270x240
>people complain for years about NANOMACHINES in MGS4
>Kojima creates something even more stupid with PARASITES for MGSV
>>
MGSV is the best Metal Gear.
>>
>>344419647
beginning/middle/end are relative. A story literally cannot exist without them.
TPP has them. The only way it would is if it didn't exist.

Being unfinished doesn't make it a bad story. It just makes the ending come sooner.
>>
>>344420158
THE

DINEH
>>
File: 1390430950980.png (246 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1390430950980.png
246 KB, 354x367
>>344420386
>Being unfinished doesn't make it a bad story. It just makes the ending come sooner.
>>
>>344420386
>Being unfinished doesn't make it a bad story.
Yes it does in this case.
>It just makes the ending come sooner.
And without any kind of satisfaction
>>
>>344420158
Why are parasites more stupid?
>>
Who the fuck asked for peace walker? Was it just because people were so upset about 4??

I don't get where this tactical operations shit came from, but it was the worst decision possible. If he would've just refined 4 with a lot more gameplay and a better plot, that game would've been amazing.

This phone game "unlock your army in 2 hours" shit started from peace walker, nobody wanted to build a fucking army via unsatisfying menu unlocks, we just wanted a fucking linear story of snake doing things until he fights solid snake and gets killed.

I don't know if he became too in love with his characters or what, but he clearly alluded to solid snake at the end of this unfinished ass game, so I can only assume he had more intended.
>>
>/v/ hates and shits all over MGS4
>/v/ hates and shits all over PW
>MGSV is litterally a combination of PW and MGS4 and /v/ praises it

You fucks are worse than normies.
>>
>>344419843
Literally felt asleep.
>>
File: 1461132741602.png (119 KB, 225x227) Image search: [Google]
1461132741602.png
119 KB, 225x227
>>344420483
You literally cannot argue with that. Go ahead and try.
>>
>>344420716
You know, somehow PW base was much less of a chore.
>>
>>344411795
bait
>>
>>344420716
That's cuz everything after 3 sucks. They all have redeeming qualities, sure, but the series takes a pretty steep nose dive after 3 and either does one thing good while doing 4 other things exceptionally bad, or just outright shits the bed
>>
>>344411795
Stop lying on the net kid, no way did any of what you say ever happen.
>>
>>344415573
Why?

Because he chose revenge over making peace with the enemy.

And because she is ugly as fuck.

She is such a shit character holy hell she should never have existed to fucking begin with Kojima you fucking hack.
>>
>>344421364

Quiet is best Metal Gear girl.
>>
>>344420573
How are they not? At least with nanomachines Kojima was bound by science into their shitty asspull plots; but with parasites he can and did whatever he wanted with them. They were literally just magical nanomachines.

Parasites can:
let the host control electricity and fire
let the host turn invisible, even their clothing too
act as a substitute for missing or damaged vital organs
let the host photosynthesize despite wearing a full ghile suit
turn the hosts skin and clothes into stone armor
make the host 100% immortal

Only thing on the same stupid level that nanomachines did was heal Vamp after his head shots. Nanomachines were said to speed up the bodies natural healing process, but the human body is incapable of healing the brain.
>>
>>344415282
>>344415390
Almost every time Quiet is brought up.

What is meant by this?
>>
>>344421632

>Parasites make host 100% immortal
>Nanomachines can heal headshots
>Parasites can dodge headshots
>Parasites cannot dodge a shot to the heart
>>
>>344422231
The kino that MGSV is.
>>
>>344420596
Venom alludes to being Solid and Quiet, Sniper Wolf because Quiet loves Venom but Venom doesn't care about Quiet.
Sniper Wolf shot by Solid with bullets
Quiet shot by Venom with no love, after all she did, he never cared about her, but led her to believe he did until the final moments.
>>
>>344411795
>garbage open world
>non existent story in a fucking MGS game, when the thing you play it for is the shitty writing
>reptitive as fuck gameplay
>"dude make your own fun because there's two different mission objectives stretched out over every single mission but also you get shit grades if you try and do fun shit"
>>
>>344411795
Kojima is my inspiration for being in the game industry
>>
File: JUST.jpg (37 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
37 KB, 600x582
i will never forget the awkward drive with skullface
what a waste of the song
>>
>>344414475
>Instead of getting a proper ending to Paz's story we get 2sad4u short piece of shit.
Maybe it's because she's fucking dead.
>>
>>344411795
>bland and pointless open world
>repetitive far cry tier missions
>no story despite the fact that it's supposed to be an mgs game
>entire portions of the game are clearly missing from the game
>kiefer has like 10 lines
>terrible and repetitive "boss" fights
>completely pointless motherbase
>1/5th of the time playing the game is looking at snake in a fucking helicopter
>game is so far removed from mgs that it's become just another bland shooter
>>
>>344412079
You're lying
>>
>>344426203

I'll never forget that awkward ladder climb
what a waste of a song
>>
>>344414475
>The only finished arc in the whole game

That's Quiet though.

We don't see how she died but she starts and pretty much ends V if you keep her alive.

And she makes no impact on the protag beside hate.
The protag breaks her heart and that's that.
>>
>>344413562
>He's mute because he's you
Oh like in mgs2 except he talked. Amazing, kojima did the same thing again. What a visionary.
>>
>>344412279
MGSV felt like the Venom Snake of the metal gear series

It looks like Metal Gear and presents itself as one, but it just doesn't feel right and in your heart you just know it's not the real deal

but just like venom snake, I came to appreciate it for what it is and ended up enjoying it perhaps a little more than other entries for some unknown reason
>>
>>344413397
You're basically saying
>the problem is Kojima ignored what we wanted in favor of what he wanted
>>
>>344427450
Yep, and he got fired for it.
>>
I just got this. From what i gather its a good game but a bad metal gear game, since ive never played any of the other series i should have fun right?
>>
>>344427450
Yeah, he ignored
>Gray Fox
>Big Boss
>Ocelot's transition from meowing russian soldier to a russian cowboy
>Sniper Wolf
>Solid Snake
>Liquid Snake and Psycho Mantis (for the most part)
in favor of
>generic Ocelot
>Kaz "you feel it too dontchu" Miller
>Quiet
>Skull Unit
>Volgin (what the fuck)
>>
can anyone tell me why the fuck was volgin even there
>>
>>344427998
Sure, it'll just be another bland, repetitive third person shooter for you.
>>
It's as good a Metal Gear game as it is a video game in general. It's strongly divisive, so the only way to know how you feel about it is to play it.
>>
Where do you guys rank MGS V in the series?
I have it at third best.
>>
>>344411795
/v/ collectively formed an opinion while you were away. People here are incapable of individuality. You stepped away from the hivemind for a while and managed to form your own opinion. Truth is if you were here at the time you would have end up with a the same opinion, or at best you'd be a contrarian.
>>
>>344427859
I doubt he regrets it.
>>
>>344428674
3 = 1 > V(TPP+GZ) > 2 > PW = 4
>>
>>344428674
Me too, fampai
>>
>>344427859
And now, instead of being stuck in a company that is known for mistreating it's own employees and being forced to work on a franchise he's been tired of for 10 years, he's in a company that respects him doing whatever game he may wish to do.

Poor Kojima.
>>
Don't understand why they didn't include GZ in TPP just like in the original game.
It's obvious the mission was supposed to happen in that ''flashback'' trailer Kaz has right after you rescue him.
Doing that mission with custom gear and the updated mechanics would be nice.
>>
great game.

it made /v/ reach peak retardedness. 80% of the things I hear against the game are nonsense. honestly I think it has to do with age. most of /v/ is around 15 - 20 and MGS V was Kojima's most mature game.
>>
>>344428674
My second favorite
>>
>>344428674
Probably third or fourth, definitely after 2 and before 4.

I honestly find it hard to rank the games though, I genuinely love each of them for very different things. It seems like people want every metal gear game to be the same as some other entry that came before it, but I probably would have gotten bored of the series a long time ago if that had been the case.
>>
>>344429002
It was a strategy for Konami to recoup some of the game's budget.
>>
>>344411795
>if I say something positive about I get called a Kojimadrone

no, it's when people turn a blind eye to all faults in order to push a quality in front
for example turn how unfinished it is to "lol it's on purpose, it's the phantom pain xd"

the game is bad, almost no variation in objectives, the only content is to fulton more, the online content just fucks up the game with ridiculous expensive content, the smoking is a DLC, MGO is a dissapointment and the game isn't finished
>>
>>344428674
MGS 3 > MGS 1 > MGS 2 > MGS V > Large gap > MGS 4
>>
>>344428674
Third too.
>>
File: 1461460210652.gif (1 MB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
1461460210652.gif
1 MB, 197x200
>>344411795

>uuuuuuuugh why does everyone else have wrong opinions come on dude

I think the "twist" was pointless and unneeded, more eyerolling "you are the Boss" drivel instead of closure to BB's story prior to MGS1. Empty open world filler missions are boring as well, so I guess I'm not as easily amused as you are to rescue the hostage for "200 hours".
>>
>>344429251
>no, it's when people turn a blind eye to all faults in order to push a quality in front
Probably the only way to treat with melodramatic autists who unironically claim this game ruined their lives, that they get depressed for thinking about it and other shit.
>>
>>344428910
Yeah. I'm sure that game about Norman Reedus having an abortion is gonna make millions.

>"For those who like TLOU and The Division."

kek
>>
>>344428674
Has the easy third place for me. MGS 3 is the masterpiece. MGS 1 is the original. MGS V is the great modern one.
>>
>>344429251
>it's when people turn a blind eye to all faults
Something can be deeply flawed and still be lovable.

Your parents still love you, after all.
>>
>>344429262
agreed
>>
>>344428674
It's miles above the piece of shit that is 4, I'll tell you that much
>>
>>344429419
I'm sure you know a lot about the game that doesn't even have an engine chosen.
>>
>>344412886
>nah
Opinion discarded.

Remember /v/ its weekend, normies are posting un masse. Anyone that says V isnt shit is mental and the cancer of the industry, causing it ton cazualize and get more stagnant by the day.

Fuck you, casuals
>>
>>344429398
any extreme is retarded, people shitting on it like if it was the worst thing in history just because they keep being blind to trailers are also stupid
>>
>>344429552
Take your pills, Jacob. Schizophrenia is no joke.
>>
Theres no denying that the story was batshit and the trailers made it seem like something quite different. I loved the game, but it feels like they missed alot of opportunity in places too, such as
>warzone
>theres no war
>enemies stand at checkpoints and wait to be attacked
For whatever reason I was expect the start of MGS4, where its a warzone with 2 sides fighting and you are in the middle of it. Couldve had patrols that moved around attacking checkpoints, would make the game a bit more dynamic.
>>
>>344429419
>"For those who like TLOU and The Division."
Sounds like an open world game with some RPG elements and story-heavy, sounds like something Kojima would do, and for some reason, it feels like it's going to be what he wanted MGSV to be, not story-wise, but as a game in itself.
>>
Hey guys remember that handy hide post function that exists so you dont have to reply to bait and shit the thread up?
>>
>>344429535
Kojima's already stated how the game is gonna play. It'll be another 2deep4u walking simulator with item management and set pieces.
>>
>>344429709
>the trailers made it seem like something quite different
AKA every single videogame ever.
Only difference is Kojima's trailers weren't CGI because he hates it.
>>
>>344429552
Would you like to cry about how you didn't get to get to be the real big boss like you wanted while you're at it?
>>
>>344429789
Sounds like a MGS game.
>>
>>344429617
No arguments then. As expected

People defending V are the same people defending Fallout 4.
>>
>>344429918
Why would Todd defend MGSV?
>>
>>344429918
Categorically untrue. I hate every Fallout game post 2 and every Bethesda game. MGS V is my third favorite in the MGS series.
>>
>>344429869
Lol did i hit a soft spot there, casual? Do you feel like i called out for you or is there another reason you defend this shitty game by trying to get personal?
>>
>>344430046

No one defended Quiet.
>>
>>344429316
we got all the closure we needed in 4
>>
>I spent 200 hours on it so it must be good!

Eryy time
>>
>>344429912
Then he would have just said it'll play like Metal Gear instead of the Last of Us.
>>
File: 1412341452352.jpg (11 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1412341452352.jpg
11 KB, 247x247
Expected an open world MGS, got a GOAT Mercenaries 3.
>>
>>344428336
>Ocelot's transition from meowing russian soldier to a russian cowboy

I didnt play PW so i dunno if that changes the story, but didnt MGS3 explain that cause he is a Spy? Likely putton on an act of one kind or another the majority of the time.
>>
>>344430216
I think he'll want to appeal a bit to Sony players considering his game is a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>344430168
If by "closure" you mean "death of the series", I suppose you're right.
>>
>>344428674

5 > 1 > 2 > 3

All Ive played. Still think 3 is great.
>>
>>344430146
Nice job, you continue to ignore any of my responses with childish ad hominems.
Come back when you can rub your neurons together to form a coherent debate.
>>
>>344429316
>closure
What closure?
MGS4 ended the story.
Why would a prequel bring closure to anything?
>>
>>344430364
read a book if you're so concerned about story!
>>
>>344430216
What's the difference?
>>
>>344411795
Oh boy time to boil down MGSV for people who've probably never beaten a stealth game on harder than Normal.

>Fucking awful tutorial that lasts way too long in which nothing fucking happens until the last 5 minutes.
>Silenced tranq headshots are broken for the 5th fucking game in a row. Using anything but these weapons is intentionally hindering yourself
>Disabling enemy equipment is not longer done in game, but is now done through a menu.
>D-Dog breaks all stealth sections, and D-Walker breaks all combat sections.
>Game often spawns enemies directly next to you. Not only with skulls but also in missions like the child rescue.
>No freedom of how do deal with child soldiers when there's already a karma system in place that would benefit from this
>Contaminated strut level is a scripted chore that for no reason strips the player of all control for more or less the entirety of the mission.
>Man on fire has no reason to exist and does nothing the whole game
>Skullface is a retard who built a robot that didn't work for no reason. This robot would later step on him solidifying how retarded he is.
>16 Extract the soldier missions, 20 prisoner extracts, 16 heavy infantry, 15 puppet missions, ALL of these play exactly the same.
>While there is good variation on enemy encampments, ALL outposts (which comprise half the map) play exactly the same.
>Battle Gear is somehow less developed than it's counterpart from a handheld game 5 year earlier.
>Ending is blatantly left out for time.

It's not like Bioshock Infinite levels of bad, but I'd put it down there with Portable Ops.
>>
I don't know if I'm just cynical because I'm in my 30s now but MGSV was like the tipping point for my trust in gaming forums. I was kind like the OP, total radio silence, game is a solid 9/10. Go online everyone is sperging... wtf
>>
>there are people who think MGSV's gameplay is good
jesus christ how delusional
>>
>>344430814
>Using anything but these weapons is intentionally hindering yourself

lol git gud kid
>>
>>344430814
>never beaten a stealth game on harder than Norma

Then you go on talking about all the OP shit. Just dont use it. Its an option, just like normal is an option.
>>
>>344430246
This was a pleasant surprise.

Wish it had taken a bit more inspiration from Mercenaries and had something like the deck of 52 though.
>>
>>344430814
>Oh boy time to boil down
>No freedom of how do deal with child soldiers

edgy bullshit.
>>
>>344430814
Portable Ops at least had normal cutscenes and Snake talking.

I genuinely think most people who really love V are massive fucking casuals, V fails at nearly everything and gets its gameplay constantly overhyped.
>>
>>344430925
the gameplay is amazing though
>>
>>344431126
It has the best gameplay of the series though
>>
>>344430814
>Fucking awful tutorial that lasts way too long in which nothing fucking happens until the last 5 minutes.

Awful?
How else would you just show how fulton mechanics?

>in which nothing fucking happens
What would you want to happen in a goddamn tutorial?

>Silenced tranq headshots are broken for the 5th fucking game in a row. Using anything but these weapons is intentionally hindering yourself
Probably because tranq gun is for casuals.
Ghosting is the way to play it.

>Contaminated strut level is a scripted chore that for no reason strips the player of all control for more or less the entirety of the mission.
What freedom, what are you talking about?

>Skullface is a retard who built a robot that didn't work for no reason. This robot would later step on him solidifying how retarded he is.
AKA i'm so angry I pretend to be retarded.

Sahelanthropus wasn't meant to be used, it was meant to scare the entire world, thus everyone would be desperate to get nukes, which Skullface would sell for almost nothing, and which he retains control of.

>Game often spawns enemies directly next to you. Not only with skulls but also in missions like the child rescue.
You do know that previous MGS games did this all the time, right?
>>
>>344430971
>>344431045
>lol the game's not broken if you just ignore all the broken shit.

These were not problems in every other mainline MGS game, especially since you couldn't literally make it rain suppressed tranq sniper rifles.
>>
File: 1338093335800.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1338093335800.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>mfw there are still vigilant MGSV fanboys

It's a shit unfinished game, and Kojima blew the budget on dinners with Joost.
>>
>>344430971
He's right though, if you want to play 'optimally' you would be using boring tranq weapons the whole game
>>
>>344431126
>V are massive fucking casuals
It's funny how you are implying MGS is some kind of ''hardcoar'' franchise.

>Portable Ops at least had normal cutscenes and Snake talking.
No, it didn't, it had the comic shit, and it had post MGS2 David Hayter, so automatically horrible.
Also
>HAHA, IT'S ME, THE SECRET APPRENTICE OF THE BOSS

Felt even more like fanfiction than the ones people write about how MGSV should be.
>>
>>344411795
you have shit taste, that's why
>>
>>344431226
That would be 2, 3 or 4.

Here's one thing that you shitters always forget: there's more to gameplay than just the way Big Medic controlls. Level design, R&D and sideops variety, etc.

V OBJECTIVELY takes things that PW did right and shits itself. Now that is sad.
>>
>>344431375
>It's a shit unfinished game, and Kojima blew the budget on dinners with Joost.
According to irrelevant /v/edditors.
The worst part is that people unironically think Joosten costed money.
I mean, i've seen virgins in here claim she costed 30 times more than Kiefer, when Joosten is a literally who that absolutely nobody knew about, and that everyone forgot about already.
>>
>>344431226
Controls =/ gamplay.

Controls are the best in the series, but gameplay is ride in helicopter, get to place, kill or Fulton guy/thing (you'll fulton regardless), get to helicopter, repeat 50 times.
>>
>>344430814
What stealth game actually gets significantly harder with difficulty?

All I can think of is Thief because more guards will be around and you have to complete more objectives
>>
>>344431536
>V OBJECTIVELY takes things that PW did right and shits itself. Now that is sad.
Not really.

Grinding is not necessary in MGSV, you can complete the entire game by almost completely ignoring the motherbase stuff, you only need the upgraded Fulton, while in PW you had to grind to get better weapons because with the less powerful ones you would run out of ammo when fighting the co-op designed bosses.
>>
Just just beat Ground Zeroes again and am about to go into TPP. It's a flawed game, but I still think it's an amazing one overall and is my favorite in the series.
>>
>>344411795
V is fucking amazing, the ending is complete shit though, really wished they would have finished the game
>>
>>344431552
And previous games were ''Walk between these soldiers to get to the next cutscene''.
>>
>>344431375
>It's a shit unfinished game
>unfinished game
>game length is at least 50 hours
>unfinished because non canon episode 51

this is what broke my trust in /v/
>>
>>344431552
Unfortunately this is true. That is a very large chunk of the gameplay.

But when you actually take the time to properly infiltrate, gather intelligence and methodically complete your objectives and then carefully exfiltrate it does feel really good.
>>
>>344431679
Side Ops, Outer Ops, Metal Gear building, R&D variety, gadget variety, having actual bosses.

Come on.
>>
>>344431536
2 and 3 all had convoluted, inaccurate control schemes and the game consisted of walking through linear, scripted events where you were given a couple of options sometimes to play out things that go the same every single time, while V is a giant sandbox with tons of shit to play around with and different approaches tied together with one of the smoothest control schemes ever.

Yes, there can be more to gameplay than controls, but even so V trumps the rest of the series in the gameplay department
>>
>>344431785
>it cannot be unfinished because it takes 50 hours to play

Do you realize how retarded what you've just said is?
>>
>>344431846
yeah but the core game in V is much more refined and open. It's really the player's fault if they don't get any variety out of the side ops given all the different load out options you have
>>
>>344431369

Why is this game so EZ when I use easy mode??
>>
>>344431785
The length is more along the lines of 20 hours. That's around the mark you hit mission 31 and the missions start repeating and the cutscenes become scarcer
>>
>>344431846
>Side Ops
Even easier to ignore than the ones in TPP.

>Outer Ops
Pointless, at least they automatized that shit in TPP, and there's no reason to grind in TPP either, so no reason to do Outer Ops.

>Metal Gear building
Pointless, the only thing you can do is look at it.

>R&D variety, gadget variety
How are these any different, and in what way aside from health recovery items?

>having actual bosses.
Which weren't even actual bosses, they were static bullet sponges where the only challenge was not running out of ammo.
The fact that the Skulls moved is already an upgrade from, well, whatever those robots from PW are.
>>
>>344431909
>convoluted, inaccurate control schemes
>2 and 3

I lack all words.
>>
>>344431272
How about the tutorials in 2 and 3? You have a brief conversation that goes over the controls (which you can skip) and then the game gives you free reign to play.

>lel don't use the all the game breaking features and the game's perfectly ballenced
Ok.

The quarantine strut level is fucking awful. You walk from point A to B to C. If you fire before Miller explicitly tells you to fire, it's game over, even though you shoot these very same, clearly symptomatic people 5 minutes later. Like the tutorial this mission lasts way to fucking long.

Why does he need a bipedal walker that doesn't work without the help of a kid he has no control over the scare the world? Why doesn't he use a machine he can actually control? Why does he need to threaten to nuke the world when he can literally erase all language from the planet.

In other MGS games there's usually some context as to why or how soldiers got there. camouflage, or a cutscene showing them surrounding you. In the mission I mentioned soldier just appear next to you helicopter and sometimes even between you and the kids because fuck you.
>>
>>344431785
About 30 or more hours of those are repeat missions, and generic fulton this guy, or vehicle side ops. MGSV is a shit unfinished game with incredible amounts of repetition.
>>
Venom put Quiet into the darkest place of her life and he doesn't even feel guilty.

Because he never cared.
>>
>>344432042
Tranqs aren't even EZ mode given their shit penetration, low ammo count, and the length it takes to get guards to sleep. And then there's FOB mode

>>344432125
because it's true? They weren't terrible, but the great thing about V was in how they streamlined everything so smoothly
>>
>>344431909
>2 and 3 all had convoluted, inaccurate control schemes
maybe if you're retarded
>>
>>344432262
the denial
>>
>>344432223

The bitch tried to murder him, why should he care? She did it to herself.
>>
>>344432384
the lack of argument :^)
>>
>>344432137
>How about the tutorials in 2 and 3? You have a brief conversation that goes over the controls (which you can skip) and then the game gives you free reign to play.
Yes, imagine if we had an hour of tapes dedicated to explaining to you how walking works.
That's what those were.
Also
>brief

>lel don't use the all the game breaking features and the game's perfectly ballenced
Hey, MGS3 is pretty easy, I mean, that EZ gun killed everything.

>The quarantine strut level is fucking awful. You walk from point A to B to C

I assume you hated all previous MGS games?

> Like the tutorial this mission lasts way to fucking long.
You do know that previous MGS games are this for about 10 hours, right?

>In the mission I mentioned soldier just appear next to you helicopter and sometimes even between you and the kids because fuck you.
Jeez, I wonder why there are soldiers patrolling their bases.
>>
all this shitposting makes me want to play some more phantom pain.

time to add another 100 hours.
>>
>>344432425
calling somebody retarded isn't much of an argument either...
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-04 22-15-10-85.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-04 22-15-10-85.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>>344432223
She was willing to put up with anything to get the dick
>>
>>344432223
You should really kill yourself already, Quietfag.
>>
>>344432223
What's up with this autistic fuck spouting lines about Quiet and Venom in MGSV threads and in /mgg/?
Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>344432391
That's what I just said.

He

Never

Cared

Why repeat the thing that was just said in the post you quoted?

And no she didn't choose that life. It was chosen for her.
>>
File: 1448651165765.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448651165765.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>344411795
>You can't play from the start at the max difficulty, so you can easily steamroll enemies with combat
>10 hours in the game and the only thing Kaz can say is "Use your iDroid to...", compared to the long codec conversations we're used to
>Fun, but repetitive
>Some really retarded situations, like the first metal gear encounter (you take him down with one gatling barrage on the face)
>You have a huge motherbase filled literally with nothing, punching your own people and target practice is the only thing you will do for 99% of the time
>Mr. Skeltal keeps appearing at random, saying stuff like "wahahaha now you're going to die", and he leaves again

Funny thing is, I enjoyed Ground Zeroes much more, too bad the rest of the game is way more mundane.
>>
>>344432541
He's a total retard, he doesn't know that Quiet is completely irrelevant to the MGS franchise, and so is Venom Snake.
>>
>>344432468
If you like the game I suggest not actually reading these threads
>>
>>344432604

nope nigger, she chose it. Try to kill someone, you gon get set on fire bitch.
>>
>>344432604
I don't care either
>>
>>344432103
>Pointless
Connected to the meta game of beating AI and getting their parts. Also, you fight your own custom ZEKE at the end, which you would know if you had played the game.

>How are these any different
P&W has way more variety (and, uh, real weaponry) in its gadgets.

Your arguments are fucking weak, you call bosses from PW "static" when most of them have to be actively evaded and engaged to win. "Muh bulletsponge" is preferrable to a fucking magical zombie that goes down after two mags to the face.
>>
>>344432631
>You can't play from the start at the max difficulty, so you can easily steamroll enemies with combat

Turn off all HUD related shit if you want a challenge.
>>
>>344416956
>that first point
What the fuck, anon.
>>
>>344432648
kinda sucks that every V thread here is endless bitching over pointless things because autists can't handle change

>>344432707
I'll take the base building FOB meta over ZEKE any day to be truthful
>>
>>344432648

a 4chan thread won't make me hate a game i like, and most of the posts remind me of the fun i've had with MGSV so it's ok.
>>
File: dc3.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dc3.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>mfw mgg finally died
>>
>>344432759
HUD maybe, but I don't get the rage over Reflex given that it gives you the ability to pull off more complex shit that you couldn't without it
>>
>>344432692

I mean she didn't choose to be brought back to life by skullface.

She didn't choose to live that life because Venom prevented her from killing herself, she thought he wanted something more than info from her if you get my drift.

>>344432706
Why are you repeating it again?
>>
>>344432976
you are a treasure
>>
File: 1451245773792.gif (491 KB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
1451245773792.gif
491 KB, 480x198
>>344411795
>Literally everyone else got over the fact that it isn't the game we thought it would be.
Fuck off.
>>
>>344432707
>Connected to the meta game of beating AI and getting their parts
Which is pointless because the only thing you can do with that MG is look at it.

>Also, you fight your own custom ZEKE at the end, which you would know if you had played the game.
I know very well, but it's pointless.
Why would I care about grinding endlessly to get rarely drop parts, or the higher-ranked versions of the bosses for rare drops of parts, if the only thing I can do by building my own Metal Gear is fight it?

>P&W has way more variety in its gadgets
Like what?

>(and, uh, real weaponry)
Which is something I don't understand.
It's a franchise with a heavy anti-war message and up until now it's been supporting weapon developers just to have real names.

Which in MGS would also be pointless since due to weapon customization, names would mean nothing when you have a weapon with a M16 barrel, a AK47 receiver, and a sniper ammo mag.

> "Muh bulletsponge" is preferrable to a fucking magical zombie that goes down after two mags to the face.
No it's not, both are garbage, but at least the Skulls are easy to get rid of and don't requiere grinding.
>>
>>344432842
>fob building
>meta

Spend shit you fultoned (which doesn't get boring, nope) on building platforms that do fuck all in the overall story or gameplay, not counting Paz.
>but... idroid commands and stats bonuses

Does fuck all and kills your rank immediately. You have to grind resources on top of fultoning soldiers when PW only forced the latter and upgraded automatically.

Nice arguments man.
>>
>>344433098
It's really only /v/ that's butthurt about this game though
>>
>>344432432
The difference between the codec and the hospital/ocelot is that the codec can be skipped. There is no difference between Octacon telling me how to move for 30 minutes and Keifer telling me how to move for 30 minutes, except that I don't have to sit through Octacon if I don't want to.

The EZ gun is only available if you choose very easy or do a fuck ton of collecting. You can make tranq guns rain from the sky an hour into 5 and it's still broken even on the hard mode missions.

>Comparing the Quarantine Strut to previous metal gears
Yeah I remember that part were I got a game over for killing the Frogs, or shooting resistance member I sided with. They're totally the same.

>People are patrolling their base that means it's okay for them to magically sprout up out of the ground were I just walked without noticing the 7 kids standing out in the open between them and the base they are supposedly paroling. This also all takes place about a mile away from the nearest base.
>>
>>344433098
See?
These are the melodramatic autists I talked about.
>>344429398

Makes you want to praise the game even if you didn't play it just to see them finally kill themselves.
>>
>>344432159

Thats why they give you different weapons/vehicles/buddies/gadgets/CQB methods/airstrikes,etc.

So you can have endless permutations of ways to complete objectives.
>>
>>344411795
>>344411795
faasda
>>
>>344433228
>The difference between the codec and the hospital/ocelot is that the codec can be skipped

How is the hospital a tutorial?
They only teach you how to move and shoot in a little message on the side of the screen.

>Yeah I remember that part were I got a game over for killing the Frogs, or shooting resistance member I sided with. They're totally the same.
You complained about a restricted, linear walking simulator, which is what the entirety of previous MGS games were.
>>
>>344433134
>Like what
Play the game.

>Anti war message hur derr
Ever heard of fiction simulating reality to make itself more believable?

You must be trolling.
>>
>>344432159
>About 30 or more hours of those are repeat missions
They are 15 missions I think.
How can it take you 2 hours to complete only one of them?
>>
>>344433245
Why call Quiet the game, just say Quiet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.