[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ like The Last Remnant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
Does /v/ like The Last Remnant?
>>
ATTACK THEM FROM THEIR FLANK
>>
this game reminds me of the dude who I used to call my friend but he fucked my ex and now hes dead
>>
>>344411287

Is that a good or a bad thing?
>>
I'm like 2 events away from the nest of eagles shit. Good game although I wish it explained its mechanics a lot better.
>>
>>344410862
Is it as hardcore as people claim it to be? Do I have to read tons of guides to get into this?
>>
>>344410862
I'd liek to write a short review for you but I am too busy dealing with TERMINATED
>>
>xbox 360 exclusive
It's shit.
>>
>>344411778
>exclusive

u wot
>>
File: 1467394749561.jpg (12 KB, 405x338) Image search: [Google]
1467394749561.jpg
12 KB, 405x338
>>344411681
Also fuck those stupid fucking birds that cast curse I fucking hate them so much

>>344411778
Its on pc as well
>>
>>344411778
*also for PC and PS3
>>
>>344410862
Rush and David's Excellent Adventure
>>
>>344411718
>Do I have to read tons of guides to get into this?
Yes because the game explains nothing to you and the mechanics are bizarre. I stopped playing around the end of disc 1 (pc equivalent) and I still had many doubts regarding upgrading my men's weapons,
>>
I've been meaning to pick it back up. As someone learning Japanese, I'm really glad it has dual text along with the dual audio. Not sure which language to actually play it in though since my Japanese isn't all that great yet.
>>
I did until it bugged out in the middle of a fight. I was meant to kill some adds before I could focus the dragon but the adds never engaged in combat
>>
>>344411953
Any suggestions for guides? I don't want to give up 20+ hours in because I did something wrong.
>>
I wish that some of its gameplay mechanics were explained a little better in game but I love its fairly unique battle system.

Music is fucking boss too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXIhUhIg1U
>>
It's really good, probably one of my favourite TBRPGs. The party system was cool as fuck and I enjoyed the randomness of just giving orders and they would chose moves accordingly. Really gave people personality, remember loving Pagus? because of his clutch healing.
>>
>>344410862
Its in desperate need of a sequel that fleshes out the wonderful and unique mechanics.
>>
>>344412040
Can't suggest anything. I mostly used google whenever I was stuck understanding something
>>
>>344412072
Did the game sell well at all?
>>
>>344410862
Great, maybe fantastic game, but hilariously obtuse mechanics. Thank God for those dudes who made the wiki, (>>344411718 everything you need if you want to understand how to play is there) they studied the hell out of that game and made it legible for everyone else.
>>
Is this the only JRPG that punishes you for grinding?
>>
>>344411831
>>344411778
>It's on PC as well

And objectively superior on it.
>>
>>344411840
It's not on PS3.
>>
File: tlr.jpg (703 KB, 1920x1188) Image search: [Google]
tlr.jpg
703 KB, 1920x1188
I made it up to this fight years ago before I just got absolutely thrashed. Not for lack of trying, I just did too little up until this point to prepare and there was literally no way to win.
>>
File: 1450148062529.png (518 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1450148062529.png
518 KB, 700x800
>TLR2 never
>>
>>344411718
Not really.
As long as you understand how the leveling works so you don't grind inefficiently (which can soft-lock you from progressing eventually because your equipment/skills aren't up to par with the enemy's strength), it's actually pretty easy to understand.

As for grinding efficiently, the gist of it is "the more enemies you kill and the faster you kill them per battle, the better it is for you". I can go into specifics if anybody wants.

other assorted tips:
>More units in a squad = more damage from AoE, this is true for you and your enemy
>skills get stronger through use
>Use units to their strengths; put combat units in combat-focused squads, put magic ones in magic-focused squads; healers go anywhere disable arts you don't want them to use so they're more likely to funnel XP into ones they do
>never use free soldiers
>rush is a completely blank slate but it's easier to make him a combat arts user on playthrough 1

>>344412252
Punishes you for grinding like a pussy, more like.

>>344412318
This is true.
Don't touch the console versions with a 10ft pole.
>>
File: 1467654974624.jpg (21 KB, 170x270) Image search: [Google]
1467654974624.jpg
21 KB, 170x270
>That feel when you reach battle rank 20+
>>
>>344412164
Its a JRPG that was only on the 360 and PC. In a time when JRPGs weren't popular on PC.

What do you think?
>>
>>344410862

I liked the combat a lot but the rest of the game was really bad and made me drop it. I think I spent around 15-20 hours on it just doing sidequest and building my party but the story, maps and characters were boring as hell.
>>
Before i realised this was a Saga team game, i fucked myself over when grinding items to make cool unique weapons, like zoning in and out to get NM's to pop. Then i got to the 2 twins fort fight, and there AoE skill/magic and the mage support fucks me over and over.. doesn't help repeating the fight requires you to redo the outside battle again, so gave up.

I would one day like to go back to it but this game with the PC version that lets you use more hero characters, still i did get great satisfaction levelling a few of me early free soldiers to hero level.
>>
>>344410862
one of the worst games ive ever played
>>
>>344413131
i never understood why developers released RPGS for the xbox anyways but not the ps3
it's fucking retarded
>>
People who thought the mechanics were obscure are retarded as shit. The more you used something the better you became at it simple as that.

Only thing retarded was trying to get other units equipment.
>>
My favorite JRPG. Desperately needs a Sequel which builds upon it's mechanics and actually explains/shows them to you. And with more focus on the bigger battles (god were those fun).
>>
>>344413734
You have to admit trying to manipulate the class system without help is nigh impossible
>>
>>344414198
Game doesn't need to be manipulated. Of all the final outcomes you can get only 1 in the entire game is subpar.

Literally just play however you want and it makes the experience much better because its unique to how you played the groups.

Game is easy assuming you don't grind an absurd amount in the first 1/3 of the game.
>>
>>344413690
Strategies to build a public for future multiplats maybe
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.