[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think there will be a huge backlash from Pokemon Go against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: pokemon-31.jpg (40 KB, 700x389) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-31.jpg
40 KB, 700x389
I think there will be a huge backlash from Pokemon Go against Nintendo. There will be horrible accidents thanks to dumb people and the media will blame Nintendo and be all over this shit.

After the pressure, Nintendo will give in and change the game so it becomes unplayable just like they did with Swapnote. Mark my words.
>>
>>344408964
>mark my words
People have been saying that long ago, quit acting like you're a prophet.
Having said that, I totally agree with you, OP.
>>
>What is Darwinism

Less NEETs to leech of the gov.
>>
>>344408964
oh well. who cares.
>>
Any publicity is good publicity. Have you learned nothing from gta?
>>
>like they did with swapnote
>lolis getting raped while trying to catch pokemon
>>
They really need to make it so the app gives a notification when a Pokemon is nearby when the app isn't open.
>>
>>344408964
Why the fuck do you think they released a$35 device that lets you play the game without looking at the screen or doing anything?
>>
Can you even battle in this game? What's the point in just collecting the Pokémon if they don't give you any sort of value other than trading?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 470x313
>>344410617
That's literally the point of this, though. It lets you catch it by hitting the button too.
>>
>>344410728
Yeah, you battle for real world spaces.
>>
Nintendo probably forgot to think like regular people while testing. It would probably be hard to remember to act like a dumbass on purpose.
>>
>>344408964
NZ bro here. Our main internet news page has already done a story on accidents and injuries from PGo.
>>
File: up10.jpg (77 KB, 739x247) Image search: [Google]
up10.jpg
77 KB, 739x247
their stock is up 10% and is still going up.

mobile gaming like this is the future.
>>
File: 1453253669471.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1453253669471.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
>>344411106
>soon every game type will be dead but mobile phone games and fps VR games
>>
File: i dont.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
i dont.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>344410969
and yet you didn't link it
>>
File: Desire to know more.jpg (231 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
Desire to know more.jpg
231 KB, 627x502
>>344409735
>>
>Swapnote

I miss Nikki.
>>
There will be a huge backlash from it being shallow game with 0 content.

>t-tap the screen to win the battle!
>>
>>344408964
They need to change it to be purely movement distance based, and remove the location-based elements entirely.
>>
>>344408964
I believe it's in the ToS or some shit that you're accountable if you get harmed while using the app
>>
>>344410807

Wait wait wait wait, that fucking thing removes the need to run the App AT ALL?
As in i don't need to open my phone and flick a ball, i just feel it vibrate and hit the button?
>>
>>344413003
ToS won't always protect companies from a lawsuit. It doesn't matter if someone agrees to putting themselves in danger if they can make the argument that the company was acting in a way that can be considered negligent.
>>
File: ohshitniggerwtfareyoudoing.gif (2 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
ohshitniggerwtfareyoudoing.gif
2 MB, 280x210
>>344413414
>BOY I LOVE THIS GAME
>Pay 35 dollars to not play it
>THIS IS BETTER.
>>
>>344415203

Mate, when driving and hearing the app messaging me informing of all the hundreds of 'mons i could be catching, if i was a retard and pulled over, part of me dies inside.

If nothing else I wish to be able to catch these fuckers on the move, hell, I could fucking catch them while running instead of having to stop and pause every 2 minutes.
>>
>>344409412
>of
NEET detected
>>
>>344416547
or just hispanic...
>>
>>344413414
You still need to have the game running. But you dont need to touch your phone after that.
But you can only catch pokemon that are already registered in your pokedex. If it's a pokemon you haven't caught before, you have to catch it on your phone
>>
>>344408964
there's no "backlash" in commercial products

Everything goes, as long as people keeps talking about it
>>
>>344415373

Me too but $35 is still kind of repulsive for what it is. At least have some other designs to choose from
>>
But nintendo only has assets involved.
And by your logic when cars were invented there would've been such huge backlash that no cars are being driven today. I mean vehicle death counts are absurd but that doesn't stop people from driving.

>>344413583
>TOS doesn't matter
Sure buddy but they also literally have a loading screen warning saying "Caution danger is everywhere" or whatever the fuck. I mean do you want a fucking pop up every 5 minutes confirming you aren't dying?
I don't think they could do much more, and courts wouldn't rule against them that easily.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.