[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SFV thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1414797849926.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414797849926.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>pick Ryu
>lose miserably, struggle to zone in the slightest
>pick Nash
>free wins
>pick Birdie
>hit buttons all day and roll in the dough(nuts)
>pick Necalli
>just rock my stick back and forth and tap on random buttons and rake in the wins
Oh well just fucking kill me I guess. I'm glad I can't actually zone in this game without being forced to play Guile. I'm glad I can't continue to play my main nigga as I have since SF2T on the SNES. Thanks, Peter. I hope you enjoyed fucking an entire aspect of SF in the ass. Worse than Killian.
>>
File: ITuE2XYh.jpg (165 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ITuE2XYh.jpg
165 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>344399346
Honestly, Guile in V is lucky to have + frames after someone blocks his projectile. You're better off going in as him too. His limbs aren't all that longer than say, Cammy's.
>>
File: 2evf4r3.gif (724 KB, 538x542) Image search: [Google]
2evf4r3.gif
724 KB, 538x542
unga
>>
>>344399928
And I honestly would if I didn't have a distaste for charging outside of combos.
>>
>>344399346
Maybe you're just shit at zoning. Other people don't have this problem. Sounds like you just want to win by running away spamming fireballs like a pussy which is harder to do in 5.
>>
>>344400626
If I was shit at zoning I wouldn't be getting those free wins with Nash. Ryu's zoning is just ass.
>b-but spam
Pfft.
>>
>>344400796
Many pro's don't share your opinion and his tournament results speak for themselves. It just sounds like you're shit with Ryu and can only win by getting cheap wins like with Nash.
>>
>>344401028
Oh? Who are these pros that win by zoning with Ryu? Daigo? No, he goes in to do most of his damage. Tokido? No, he definitely goes in. Bonchan? No, he tends to go in more than even Daigo does. So please tell me which Ryu is getting results by zoning with Ryu. Show me them doing so.
>>
>>344399346
#justbronzeleaguethings
>>
>>344401168
All three you named zone dickhead. Just because there is more to their game than doing nothing but using fireballs doesn't mean zoning isn't a large part of their strategy. Christ you're retarded. What's your LP shitter? Still in Bronze?
>>
>>344401330
>All three you named zone dickhead
No, they throw fireballs in neutral and mostly as counterpokes. As soon as they get an opportunity they go in because they have to in order to deal any real damage or have any pressure.
>lmao i'll just bring up LP, that'll invalidate the fact that zoning is garbage in SFV
Super Gold, btw.
>>
>>344401501
>using fireballs in neutral isn't zoning
I'm done with you, you're beyond retarded.
>>
>>344401693
>I don't know what zoning is
Don't let your aspergers smack you on the hemorrhoids on the way out.
>>
>>344399346
>I can't spam to win anymore waaaahhhh
Stay in rookie league faggot
>>
Can any pc player tell me if Urien is good for beginners?
>>
>>344401802
And you can keep samefagging, faggot.
>>
>>344399346
It feels terrible to like fighting games but be absolute garbage at them. Hours learning a character and I'm still nowhere near a victory online, save for the occasional rookie.
>>
>>344402003
You should play OP. He's terrible too.
>>
>>344402003
It all comes with time, anon. But when you achieve a hard earned victory it'll all be worth it.
>>344402063
It's not nice to project.
>>
>>344402117
Makes sense. I feel like the best players are those that played these kinds of games since childhood. It's how I got so good at Smash Bros. at least.

Also one victory won't feel hard-earned to me but more like a fluke. A bigger win to lose ratio will do that for me.
>>
>>344402386
The best players either played as kids or spend a lot of time playing with strong players or both. Just pursue whatever will make you happy with your play.
>>
File: 1457390268918.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457390268918.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>New character revealed
>Oh man this guy look awesome totally my new main
>Play with them for a little while
>Go back to F.A.N.G.
>>
>>344402734
You have to been one of the 2 Fang mains online.
Congratulations
>>
This seems like a good place to ask.
I never really played too much street fighter, i like the characters of it a lot just was never good at it with the way you have to input moves and combos (the circles, semi-circles and charging fuck me up). I always liked Mortal Kombat and Smash more because it was easier to pick up. I have USF4 but didnt play it too much for a lot or reasons. I wanted to main Vega but had a huge problem with him being a charge character and pulling off his moves, i hear he isnt a charge character now so that makes me hopeful. Would it be worth it for me to get SFV, could i get at least decent at it if i put the time into it?

tldr is there hope for me in SFV even though i mostly only played smash and MK before?
>>
>>344404078
SFV is even more babymode than MK
>>
>>344404078
You should do fine as long as Smash is not your only experience.
Also, Vega is pretty solid in V. You'll have fun with him.
>>
File: SFV played got.png (1 MB, 1031x1513) Image search: [Google]
SFV played got.png
1 MB, 1031x1513
>>
>>344404171
What? no way, ive heard from almost everyone that MK is like one of, if not the easiest fighting game

>>344404182
awesome to hear that, yea i was just wondering if he was decent at all as well because ive looked up a lot of tournament footage now too and never see any vegas in them so i thought he might not be that great. ive heard from everywhere that zangief is the worst character in the game, and thats a shame cuz he looked cool to me
>>
>>344404458
Being the worst in the game doesn't mean he's unusable like it did back in the day. Flash Metroid has a really good Vega. I would recommend looking him up.
>>
>>344404576
i did, he looks crisp. is he the best Vega?
should i maybe get a fight stick too?
>>
>>344404458

He's only going to be as good as the effort you put into him.

Here's some reference that I want you to learn:
https://youtu.be/qyU9erEtFcY
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.