[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
158 KB, 460x215
What am I in for?
>>
Play it and find out.
>>
>>344394409
A lost concept known as FUN.
>>
Finding trousers, then ditching them for slightly better trousers.

Repeat until you're thinking of what you could of done better with your life.
>>
>>344395274
>could of
I know something better with your life that you can do. :-)
>>
>>344394409
A pointy click on map game
>>
>>344394409
Spooky quest
>>
>>344395417
how new
>>
File: 1258380947344.png (3 KB, 180x189) Image search: [Google]
1258380947344.png
3 KB, 180x189
>tfw no real minion master
>>
>>344395606
Necromancer will come in the expansion.
>>
>>344395606
Conjurer is a minion master with Black Grimoire of Og'Napesh, Black Hand of Sanar'Siin, Black Scourge and Necromancer Deathgrips
>>
what's a fun build
i've already played druid and conjurer
i want to do something with soldier that uses shields, just not sure on the second class
>>
>>344395606
Use mods
>>
>>344397205
Soldier is incredibly non-fun
>>
>>344396223
any info about an expac? is it paid or free?
>>
>>344397205
shaman is good for 2nd class if you wanna do a thorns build, every thing I walk into kills itself. its pretty funny. shaman has a buff that gives about 40% increased HP and 100% thorns damage as well as a totem that keeps you healed up. shits fun but pretty easy.
>>
>>344399064
Nothing official has been announced about it yet, other than "we're making an expansion". It'll likely cost money, yes. The upcoming DLC content will cost money, so.
>>
>>344399340
oh god i hope that we go to the capital in the expansion, everything we heard about it ingame makes it sound incredibly awesome
>>
>>344402145
Maybe. There are lots of potential destinations for the expansion, and upcoming content.

The capital is probably that somewhat-detailed area on the map north of Burrwitch.
Then there's the entirety of the South, especially with the broken bridge leading south out of Devil's Crossing.
Then there's the xboxhuge tunnel that the daughter of the guy who built the Necropolis built.
And who knows what else.
>>
>>344402314
there's also the whole thing with the dude from the "hidden" ultimate difficulty quest, that could make for an entire actual storyline as well
>>
>>344402548
Which dude exactly? I'm a bit fuzzy on exact details regarding that quest. (I know the one you're referring to)
>>
>>344395274
Go to sleep Yahtzee.
>>
>>344394409

100 passives abilities that make you shoot rainbows out your asshole and otherwise useless in damage
>>
>>344402660
dalias brother, who wrote all the letters and took the power from their father's ritual in the necropolis and in the last letter tells her to follow him north
>>
>>344402898
Ah yeah okay. I know there could definitely be some shit going on north on that side of the world as well.

They really gave themselves a lot of open room for future content.
>>
>>344394409
Playing the same largely boring campaign twice per character just to unlock ultimate where the game is actually vaguely entertaining.
Dumbfuck enemy AI, archers will try to shoot you through walls rather than try to get a clear line of sight.
Maps only feel big because every other connecting path has a landslide in it boring you to go in a windy snaking path.
Elaborate loot algorithm that completely fails in it's intended task of not making every rare you get be complete shit.

Admittedly I did just lose a HC character because Nividia decided to break their drivers during a boss fight so I'm slightly salty right now.
>>
clicking right mouse button
>>
a boring shit game
walk around and upgrade your pants to a new pair with +5 stamina
repeat over and over and over
play through the short as fuck campaign several times on harder difficulties to maybe get +10 stamina pants
>>
I paid for it, I played it, then I forget it. Path of exile is much funnier when you wanna try new builds
>>
File: Disappointed Crocodile.png (57 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed Crocodile.png
57 KB, 244x244
>>344404162
>shitposting twice in the same thread
>>
>>344404165
This, most builds in Grim dawn need to be level 40 before they start getting interesting (aka useful gear that enables many builds). So that is one whole campaign run and between 5-8 hours of grinding.
>>
>>344404162
You do realise that's the main selling point for all games in that genre?
>>
>>344404947
the idea of making a new game is that you take the mechanics, ideas and concepts of previous games in that genre and build upon them

arpgs have been doing the same shit for years

it's retarded
>>
>>344404471
PoE is the same though, you need to slog through the boring normal and cruel acts before things get "fun"
>>
>>344396223
No it won't.

The two possiblities were either a necromancer or a calls focused on ranged weapons, that was stated before devotions and shaman class.

We still don't have a class focused on ranged weapons, meanwhile you can get a fuck ton of summons, including lots of skeletons from devotion skill and one strong skelly from item skill.

Do the math.
>>
>>344405632
Bruno himself wants a necromancer class and the amount of summons you can have in-game is nothing compared to any proper 'minion master', like in D2 or Guild Wars.

We might even get both. Who knows.
>>
>>344399004
>implying
Ranged cadence is fun as fuck since every 3rd shot is a nuke that pieres everything on its path.

Nothing like insta-gibbing 6-8 monsters in one well placed shot shot. It's one of the few auto-attack builds that actually reward skillful plays.
>>
>>344405739
>Bruno himself wants a necromancer class
Yeah but he proved that he's a good designer, meaning he puts balance before his own preferences.

You might not have as manny summnos as in GD or D2 but still you can have lots of them and pet builds are as strong as ever.

Meanwhile we still lack a class that has ranged combat as its main theme, even demo is more of a "jack of all trades" than anything. Think of Hunter Mastery from TQ, there is nothing like it in GD.

>We might even get both. Who knows.
Hopefully.
>>
>>344405114
>the idea of making a new game is that you take the mechanics, ideas and concepts of previous games in that genre and build upon them
This is exactly what GD does.

>arpgs have been doing the same shit for years
Yes, they it's the same formula but improved upon. Literally what you described.

>it's retarded
Let me guess, you probably think the new God of War is going to be good.
>>
>>344406176
GD just doesn't do it well enough I think.

And no the new God of War isn't going to be good since it's going in a completely different direction, which is different to building upon existing things.
>>
>>344407043
What do you expect then?

GD is pretty much an improved version of TQ. It improves on almost every aspect from TQ while also introducing new ones like faction traders, nemeses, devotion, roguelike dungeons, unlockable dungeons and soon it will have a survival mode once the DLC comes out.

The only thing I think TQ was better at was class variety.
>>
>>344394409
TQ but better.
>>
>>344402314
>especially with the broken bridge leading south out of Devil's Crossing.

Funny, in beta I clearly remembered that bridge is repairable and and the dev did said they might be leading down the south where the swamp is. But it's all gone when the full game came out.
>>
>>344402145
You know what else would be awesome?

Final boss being the possesed Emperor.
>>
>>344402145
The problem is GD is full of cock teases like that.

>Kymon
>Uroboruuk notes
>vault full of artifacts mentioned by Creed
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.