[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been working on this game for a couple of years, w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: gg1.png (288 KB, 1011x522) Image search: [Google]
gg1.png
288 KB, 1011x522
I've been working on this game for a couple of years, what do you think? How can I make it better? Would you play it?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmNDAPjfSdk
>>
Pretty fucking neat, not gonna' lie.

The music and the major mechanic remind me a whole lot of a PS1 game I used to fucking love. I forget what it's called, but you were in a room with five or so other dudes and could turn the room by walking up the corners, the music was trippy and there were tons of explosions.

Keep at it!
>>
>>344384332
It suck
>>
>>344384332
The concept looks fun, but i dont think it will go masive or some shit.
>>
>>344384332
I like what I see but the movement look a bit too restricted. As far as I see you can only get on the walls by those rumps instead of plain jumping on it. Dunno how important it is to the concept though.
>>
>>344384332
I think the mechanic is novel, but you really need to polish the gunplay and create some damn charismatic players for people to enjoy ( see Overwatch vs Battleborn) keep at it, good job!
>>
Everybody says the animations are one of the biggest problems. Which ones are the worst? Is it just that the gun never quite aims at the crosshairs or are they all just choppy or something?
>>
>>344384332
Looks cool, mate. Since the areas are quite open, I'd suggest a really quick way to get around. Maybe a grappling hook like in Just Cause or sliding along the floor like in Vanquish.

Would play.
>>
>>344387592
Cool suggestion man, I'll try that out
>>
>>344388379
to add to what that anon said, have you ever seen footage of track mania?

seeing as how your characters all are stuck to surfaces, something like what that anon said, like vanquish, were you slide on various surfaces would be really cool for a shooter, high speed loops and turns
>>
>>344384332
Third person feels unnecessary. With all the funky angles you're going to be shooting at in this kind of shooter, you probably want to give players a first person view instead.

>>344387592
>>344388379
Ah, about this. Speed is a very vital thing to gameplay. Halo was pretty popular due to its slow horizontal pace yet quick vertical pace, along with (the non-vehicle-based) maps built completely around said speeds. Lots of cover too that you could pop out of.

Find a fun pace that you want your game to move at and design your levels specifically around that pace. As it stands, the map used appears to be a little awkward to move and shoot in.
>>
I think the gimmick would make me nauseous after playing it awhile. I also think third person is a pretty shitty perspective for a multiplayer shooter. If it was FPS though, that would probably make it even more motion-sickness inducing. It looks promising but I don't think it'd be something I would play unless you add another gimmick to it. I like people's suggestions of grappling hook or whatever, if the game had Tribes skiing it would be more interesting and would make sense with the physics you already have.
>>
Looks like something that I'd get bored with pretty fast. You need to add a lot more polishing and options(for example different types of aiming or bullets) if you want people to play this thing.
>>
>>344384587
Not OP, but that was Blast Chamber, right?
>>
>>344384332
your camera is cancer, why is it offset? you're not gears of war
>>
>>344384332
I imagine it's not the game slowing down, but the recording software that's making the fps shit.

I'd try recording with Nvidia Shadowplay or getting an anon with a better rig to record gameplay for you.

Are there any sounds?
>>
File: image.png (368 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368 KB, 500x532
>>344384332
Oh my god I remember this, Glad to see you're still working on it man.

I don't have any real ways to improve it just yet, but I would totally play it.
>>
Fix the animations and polish the models concept is good
JUST POLISH EVERYTHING
>>
>>344394324
I'll try out shadow play sounds like a good idea. No sounds yet, the game is still pretty primitive but looking nicer and nicer by the day. Nice to hear some feedback.
>>
>>344384332
the DoF is terribly distracting
the movement gimmick is too forced, allow more flexible transitions
agreed on the first person thing, this is gonna be a nightmare in third person
>>
>>344394929
You should go to >>>/vg/147907782 for more feedback
>>
>>344387592
>>344388379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY
Armored Core has some pretty fun movement too. You can slide Vanquish style, quick boost to dodge and fly.
>>
>>344395526
I'm actually pretty new to /v/, is it best to just post the same thing I posted here into that thread or is there some kind of special thing I need to do?
>>
>>344395818
Nah, just post it, tell them you're new and ask for feedback. They'll probably be fairly welcoming.
>>
>>344395753
Holy fuck! Jetpacks sound like an amazing idea. I could get really 2001 a space oddesy with it too and have some floating in space type level
>>
>>344384332
The core mechanic is interesting, but you clearly have no idea how too create fun with it.

Apart from that, everything about it is terrible: the garbage effects, the movement, the camera, you tastes in music, the disproportional level design, the lack of visual feedbacks and cues..
>>
The concept looks solid and it has the potential for falling into hardline gimmick territory but from what I've seen you've managed to make the level design work for this concept. My only issue is that this seems to be an online arena shooter? I hope you understand that indie online shooters have a horrible tendency of being stillborn. If it's a 3rd person single player action / platformer hybrid then I could see potential in it.
>>
>>344384332
>m.
That's nice and all, but don't be a mobileshitter.
>>
>>344384332
I would say change either the character models or the add more detail to the world. Right the characters seem out of place, looks like some mod that imports custom models in a game where they don't belong
>>
>>344384332
Why is the character on the left site? As a right-handed person I hate that fucking shit.
Why did you enable insane DoF for a test video?
>>
>>344396302
>As a right-handed person I hate that fucking shit
deal
>>
>>344396245
My friend is making me some character models but the rigging isn't going so well so I'm using random models as placeholders. I was planning on doing a robot/spacesuit kinda game. Do you guys have any suggestions as to the direction I go with the models?
>>
>>344387061
You don't have any "recovery" animations and they snap way too fast. There's no lead ins. They go from running to pretty much being in the air sometimes, they have no weight to them.
>>
>>344396514
make them consistent with the world, simple as that
>>
>>344396531
That's the best advice I've heard in a while, I'll work on that
>>
File: latest.jpg (71 KB, 368x558) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
71 KB, 368x558
lol'd at this

but seriously find a way to make your own characters
>>
>>344396738
If I make characters and code and level design and animate and make music/sound and make particles it'll never get completed. I need to find a reliable modeler
>>
>>344384332
get rid of the robot's asscrack
>>
movement and stuff is cool, gunplay looks cancer, maybe try hitscans. The third person camera looks weird, maybe see if you can tweek that. Can you jump just onto a wall or do you need somthing curved to alter your angle?

Maybe try pitching this to some company but if you do make it less fiddly and find some better IDM.

btw this reads back a bit negative, this shit is really cool
>>
In a pseudo-3D game (3D in the sense that you fight on all axis simultaneously), you need to be very careful in the map design on how you use cover. In a game like this you need a lot of floating cover in the space between flat areas or to be very careful of hitscan weapons.

I'd also much prefer first person camera but I havne't played the game so I can't say for sure.

I'd check out Shattered Horizon.
>>
>>344384332
You need to bind a key that enables you to stick to the closest surface, enabling you to fall and stop an a wall before the ground could make for great tactical play
>>
>>344384332
OP work on animations to make it seem more dynamic. What really puts me off indie tps is static boring camera and stiff feel.

Try to make running animation more alive, character should tilt forward a little and not look like jogging middle aged man.

Also jumping needs adjusting, character should speed up more while falling, camera should move a little away from character to stimulate feel of velocity and other effects like air trails would be nice. Look at other action games and how they manage that, i.e. Spiderman 2
>>
>>344399815
OP is the dev, not the artist. Look at the gameplay
>>
>>344384332
tbis a gid ass video game
id buy it
>>
>>344384720
hahaha what an asshole u is
>>
>>344384332
I like the idea of it. A Mario Galaxy shooter is pretty novel has a ton of potential to it. I'll wait until it's more fleshed out before I can give judgment though.
>>
>>344384332
I think you could make your running look more "weighty" by doing what Gears of War did, they crouch a little and the camera zooms in a bit.
>>
concept is shit
>the most generic FPS you can imagine
>but you walk on walls
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.