[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good kind of game to make for a 2 week game jam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: paul-braddock-eddie-lineup-001.jpg (491 KB, 1840x1061) Image search: [Google]
paul-braddock-eddie-lineup-001.jpg
491 KB, 1840x1061
What's a good kind of game to make for a 2 week game jam? Me and some friends are thinking of entering one soon but we don't know what a good thing is to work on.
Horror games are probably out of the picture because it's very difficult to get a good atmosphere, especially in 2 weeks.
>>
What kind of games have you experienced making before? You only bring your best gun for a game jam
>>
>>344383459
None really, it's more for fun than anything. Some art projects, lots of models and texturing, not much animating or organic modelling.
>>
>>344383579
>Some art projects, lots of models and texturing, not much animating or organic modelling.

IMHO just use basic Unreal Blueprints and make some oddball wave survival shooter. Its way much better than any pixel-shit that most groups will be making during game jams.
>>
>>344384242
It's definitely gonna be something 3D but I feel like just a generic FPS is a pretty overused genre, y'know? Also animations would be an issue because none of us really have any experience with it
>>
>>344384571
>Also animations would be an issue because none of us really have any experience with it

That's quite a handicap. You could maybe make some sort of weird walking simulator or a twisty maze with a floating legless ghost/robot/waifu chasing the player.
>>
>>344385241
Yeah, perhaps some sort of environment that changes as you walk through it. Maybe a street or a park or something. We could always just chill and learn how to animate better before entering a game jam. Someone in our group suggested something like ClusterTruck, that way we wouldn't have to animate much and it wouldn't require organic characters
>>
>>344385819
ClusterTruck? Unless you have a dedicated coder/programmer in your group don't try that; the logic code behind it is not as easy as it looks. You need to minimize the time on fixing bugs during gamejams
>>
a board game
>>
>>344386359
We have two 3D/texture artists and an engine worker
>>
>>344386507
>an engine worker
Is he experienced? That truck logic will kill him if he's a beginner.
>>
>>344386869
Beginner in Unreal but he has some experience with programming and Unity. He's the one that suggested it lol
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.