[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, Minish cap or Links Awakening DX? Not too knowledgeable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: latest.png (739 KB, 890x955) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
739 KB, 890x955
Alright /v/, Minish cap or Links Awakening DX?

Not too knowledgeable in handheld zelda entries, let alone zelda games in general. Which would you recommend I play first?
>>
>>344365436
I say Links Awakening if you're open to something older. Easier to appreciate the changes and updates throughout the handheld Zeldas. Both are solid.
>>
File: mf6.jpg (2 MB, 1184x7812) Image search: [Google]
mf6.jpg
2 MB, 1184x7812
Minish Cap is a fun game I didn't get very far in because the R button on my particular gameboy advance was non-functional by that point. And the R button is a significant part of the entire game.

But I could already tell it was really really good.

Also here's a comic I drew.
>>
Don't be a buffoon
Ignore games with Toon.
>>
>>344365436
Link's Awakening was more challenging, but I really like the tone and art style of Minish Cap. I suppose it depends on what I'm in the mood for.
>>
>>344366570
that's really good
>>
If you can't stand Toon Link's voice then play DX.
>>
File: OoT_Link's_Animation_2310.gif (497 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
OoT_Link's_Animation_2310.gif
497 KB, 200x300
Link's Awakening is better. It's arguably the best game of all time when it comes to handhelds. But this is 2016. It's rare to find people with good tastes who can appreciate a game like it.

The Minish Cap is easier to get into, but ironically requires more patience because a beginner playing it will very likely brick wall like I did for half a year, and I was a seasoned Zelda fan. That said your lack of experience might also work for you in that regard. It would be an interesting experiment to see if a beginner could beat TMC, or if they'll get stuck and give up.

For the record if you want to know the puzzle that did me in, it's in the semifinal dungeon of the game there's a part where you have to walk through a hallway and there are two jars. Instinctively I kept breaking the jars, when the trick was not to break them but push one unto a switch.
>>
>>344365436
LA is the superior game and came first.
>>
File: pucker up buckaroo.gif (996 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
pucker up buckaroo.gif
996 KB, 500x380
>>344367073
You're a sweetie.
>>
File: OGM.png (93 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
OGM.png
93 KB, 540x303
>>344366570
Sup bro.

How was my Groose fan-fic?

Yes, I'm that guy. I will email you the rest someday. I would now, but I'm stumbling unto new things by the day, and Nintendo's unto me. It's only a matter of time until they know..
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.