[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Alien Isolation get better? Just beat medical, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 2414247-7.jpg (909 KB, 4000x2259) Image search: [Google]
2414247-7.jpg
909 KB, 4000x2259
Does Alien Isolation get better? Just beat medical, but I'm finding it kind of a bore and chore as nothing new is happening
>>
It's the best AAA horror game in a long time
>>
no

it's a /v/ meme

it's incredibly boring
>>
>>344333976
No, it doesn't. The thin veneer of interesting game design wears off after about an hour of play with the alien, once you realize that the alien is permanently tethered to your location at all times just waiting to jump down and patrol like a robot once you hit the appropriate sound trigger or plot device. I would advise picking up this mod to actually detach the tether from you and randomize most of the alien's appearances if you intend to continue with the game (which will remain mediocre all the way through no matter what, but might be at least mildly entertaining without having to game a cheating computer) http://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod
>>
>>344333976
It's one of those things where you either like it or you don't, if you don't like it so far you're not likely to start liking it anytime soon
>>
File: amanda ripley.jpg (109 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
amanda ripley.jpg
109 KB, 1600x900
>>344333976
are you an alien or horror fan?
>>
>>344333976
depends what you find boring and chore-like. you'll visit more locations on the station and have to perform various tasks while avoiding the working joes and the alien. if you can't find enjoyment in that, probably not.
>>
>>344335403
i only watched alien 1 and liked it. I like the atmosphere, but it feels like there's nothing stimulating after a while
>>
>>344334765
Can you still earn achievements with this mod?
I played the game a while back but got frustrated with the Alien just always being on my shit for absolutely no reason.
>>
File: ripley alien1.png (632 KB, 1021x431) Image search: [Google]
ripley alien1.png
632 KB, 1021x431
>>344335782
try to enjoy the atmosphere then. alien isolation does an awesome job of replicating the style and feeling of the original alien movie.
>>
>>344335952
I'm afraid I don't know, I got most of the achievements on the first run, and haven't had a chance to try going for the more esoteric ones.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.