[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Good idea Allow players to choose dialogue that they'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: good idea bad idea.jpg (73 KB, 1080x468) Image search: [Google]
good idea bad idea.jpg
73 KB, 1080x468
>Good idea
Allow players to choose dialogue that they'd actually want to say whether it be good, evil or neutral aka any RPG worth its salt

>Bad idea
Force the player to play someone that at worst, can only be chaotic neutral cause the character is still a good guy that can't do anything bad aka Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having character stats that define your character and allow for non violent approaches aka Fallout and Planescape Torment

>Bad idea
Being forced to play a single set character that does nothing but sword fight aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Being able to roleplay a character of several races, genders, etc aka Dragon Age Origin and Morrowind

>Bad idea
Despite the lore saying otherwise, force the character to play only one character aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having multiple characters that fulfill multiple roles your main PC can't aka Baldur's Gate 1/2

>Bad idea
Being a multiclassing Mary Sue aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having Batman vision in a Batman game

>Bad idea
Having Batman vision in a non-Batman game aka Witcher 3
>>
>>344327837
Are biodrones really this angry still?
>>
>Good idea
Uncovering story by talking to NPCs if you want.

>Bad idea
NPCs make you listen to them.
>>
>Good idea
RPG
>Bad idea
MMORPG
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-26-03-40-20.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-26-03-40-20.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>it's another good/bad witcher 3 thread

Dude just fuck off. It's based off of a novel.
>>
Witcher 3 sucks
Choice and consequences are a meme
Planescape Torment is mediocre
Dungeon crawlers are for true RPG patricians while storyfag games are for plebeians
>>
>>344327956
I missed something. What does bioware have to do with Witcher?
>>
>>344329795
Did you even read the OP?
Who am I kidding, of course not, or you wouldn't have asked that.
>>
>>344329301
A cuck novel maybe
>>
>>344330075
Bioware only was mentioned a few times
>>
>Good idea
Lesbians in vidya

>Bad idea
Lesbians in western vidya
>>
>>344330075
>call someone out for not reading
>while not reading their post
The ironing.
No really though, why is it that every negative opinion about Witcher 3 is related back to bioware?
>>
>>344332394
Bioware was making good RPGs before The Witcher games were a sparkle in your mothers eyes
>>
File: GNJqwJa.png (736 KB, 557x717) Image search: [Google]
GNJqwJa.png
736 KB, 557x717
>>344327837
>Plays a game about Gerald of Rivia, Gwynbleidd, the white wolf, the Butcher of Blaviken.
> gets mad when most of the dialog and choices is about role playing Geralt.

Jesus fuck, dude. There's plenty of things to be mad about in this game, but you're going after the wrong stuff.
>>
>>344333646
> that feeling when you miss spell his name
>>
File: gerald.jpg (554 KB, 1196x1789) Image search: [Google]
gerald.jpg
554 KB, 1196x1789
>>344333646
>Gerald of Rivera
>>
File: InZTl7z.png (124 KB, 277x222) Image search: [Google]
InZTl7z.png
124 KB, 277x222
>>344333975
>>
File: kjhgf.png (586 KB, 478x7654) Image search: [Google]
kjhgf.png
586 KB, 478x7654
>Good idea
Killing yourself.

>Bad idea
Posting this thread again
>>
>>344332741
OK? Why isn't everyone that speaks poorly of EVERY rpg a biodrone then? I only ever see people that don't like Witcher 3 being called that
>>
>Good idea
Play the games you like

>Bad idea
Needlessly complain that a third game in a series of things you don't like isn't doing the things you like.

Witcher 3 (and the series in general) are not above criticisms. The combat is uninvolving and functional at best, and they could make room for exploration being a bigger factor instead of railroading you trough such lush worlds, but they were never meant to be or follow the Black Isle/Bioware CRPG formula, but focus on the adventures of an already established literary character.
>>
I haven't played TW3, is geralt chaotic neutral now? What happend to my true neutral geralt ;_;?
>>
>>344330808

>Geralt goes around killing monsters and sleeping with every bit of skirt he can get
>cuck

I wish Americans would all die.
>>
>>344333769
>that feeling you are retarded and people call him Gerald all the time in books and game
>>
>>344327837
>TLDR I CAN'T SELF INSERT MY MEANINGLESS EGO INTO THE CHARACTER THEREFORE IT'S BAD.
>good idea
recognizing the game isn't a generic copy of rpg standards where u pick human/dwarf/elf/halfling and one of 3 prebaked classes.
>bad idea
shitposting on 4chan pretending like you know what a good game is, when literally the entire world think otherwise
>>
>>344335026
OP is retarded there are almost always choices, between classic hero, anti-hero and neutral way about doing things.
>>
>>344335665
I'm aware, but I miss spelled his name due to auto correct. Please don't call me a retard, senpai.
>>
>>344336259
maybe auto-fuckoff faggot next time get that shit right nobody misspells Geralt unintentionally!
>>
>>344336020
>>good idea
>recognizing the game isn't a generic copy of rpg standards

Yeah instead Witcher 3 is just a Telltale game with combat
>>
>>344336131
>>344336131
Thank god. Can't wait to update my rig and play it then.
>>
>>344336425
well meme'd friend you forgot "shit combat"** upvoted anyways
>>
>>344336401
Oh. Sorry.
>>
>>344327837
Someone has a chip on their shoulder.
>role playing game
>your role is Geralt
>who has a personality of his own that you are subject to
>I can't make an edgelord elf ninja, this game is shit.
4/10, I'm not mad just disappointed.
>>
>>344337118
inb4 "well then why is it called an RPG if I can't role-play the way I want?!?!"
>>
>>344327837
i hope you know that witcher game has 3 title the first title release in 2007.
>>
>>344327837
So basically you are mad because Witcher 3 isn't a cRPG from early 2000's. You should write CD Project a personal letter and let them have a piece of your mind
>>
Bait. But read books baka. Then u will understand why u cant chose everything u want to. Cuz his profile was already formed many years ago. Maybe in next "witcher" u will be able to create ur own character. Geralt just had too good history. They couldnt change how he looks or his way of doing thongs cuz it was already described. " based on novels made by sapkowski" . So summing up read fucking novel faggot.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.