[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be harder to appreciate sports vidya if I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: NBA_2K17_cover_art.jpg (216 KB, 1442x2048) Image search: [Google]
NBA_2K17_cover_art.jpg
216 KB, 1442x2048
Will it be harder to appreciate sports vidya if I don't pay attention to sports?
Basketball interests but I barely know the best players and the good & bad about each team. I only watched like two games this last season.
>>
>>344326470
Then just get NBA Jam. 2K is definitely a game for NBA enthusiasts.
>>
>>344326470
>but I barely know the best players
But Basketball players are the most popular sports players
>>
weeeeeee

I love sports! Why are the video games for sports so good? Who knows!?
>>
Hop in and play career mode. You'll pick up things from commentary and tips.
>>
>>344326565
I know a lot of the names but I don't know if KD is better than Wade, if Harden is better than Griffin, etc.
>>344326692
Why the fuck would you post this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
What are the best city builder games? Is Banished any good? Is Sim City from 2013 really that bad?
>>
>>344326991
kek I need a laugh go to /sp/ and ask /nba/ all the questions you got.
>>
>>344326470
>>344326991
You should probably just follow baketball. You can buy 2k17 and learn more as you go, assuming you're still interested. Basketball is perhaps the best sport to follow because of the variety of the individual players and styles of play. It's not just a bunch of giant nig-nogs like it might seem from a distance.
>>
File: 20160605114959_1.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160605114959_1.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
>>344327227
Cities Skylines my negro
>>
>>344326470

You don't really have to follow basketball to play nba 2k. I got into it only knowing a few players. The story mode is about your character, unless it's 2k16 which was directed and written by Spike Lee.
>>
>>344326470
All the players have stats, you just have to check them out. For example, if a player has good 3 point rating you shoot 3 pointers with him in the game. It's not hard.
>>
Playing basketball games are not the same as watching. MyCareer mode is the equivalent to an RPG. The Association mode is equivalent to a strategy sim. You play god and control every aspect of your team. But one thing I like to do is make fictional players and put them on teams and trade the players around to make whatever team I feel like.
>>
>>344327261
I only have a few questions that aren't too vague but alright
>>
>>344326470
If basketball interests you, then you can't go wrong with 2k - you'll pick things up the more you play and if you do like it you'll probably watch more games next season
>>
You'll learn about basketball as you play 2k. You'll suck really bad at first. Watch other people play and you'll pick things up.
>>
>>344326470
Protip: bandwagon the Timberwolves early. They're a sure thing.
>>
Apparently the Warriors are OP as fuck right now with KD joining.
Should that give me a reason to wait for 2k18 since everyone will play them online or will it not be too bad?
>>
>>344331148
Who knows. They rate the teams strength depending on how well they do in the regular season. So nobody knows yet.
>>
You weak as fuck and I'd take your fucking ankles...don't ever step foot in MyPark you fucking scrub.
>>
>>344326470
I found 2k15 a lot of fun and I didn't follow baskeball closely.
now I'mma take those ankles nigga
>>
>>344329291
>implying wiggins isnt overrated as fuck

the pistons are the team you should bandwagon
>>
File: gsw.png (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gsw.png
50 KB, 500x500
Hello there
>>
I want you guys to be direct with me: what do you guys think of the Lakers young core with Mozgov plus our bench?

We are nowhere near an 8th seed just yet, but I think in 2 or 3 years we'll be competing again. We did overpay for him by a fuckton
>>344329291
They're going to be great in 2 years.
>>
>>344331967
Fuck you
>>
>>344332367
>mozgov

Still kekking to be honest mate
>>
>>344332367
Looks possibile but I think it'll be more than a few years before the Lakers become playoff contenders
But what the fuck is with that Mozgov contract now I'm gonna play basketball
>>
>>344332806
He'll be just fine with us honestly. We needed some sort of rim protector and anyone is an upgrade over Roy Hibbert. To be fair, he had no room with Cleveland since LBJ was going off alongside Kyrie, plus they just signed Thompson to a stupid huge deal so they had to give him minutes.

What I feel that most people aren't taking about is with Luke Walton
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.