[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hearthstone's limitations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 33168.png (188 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
33168.png
188 KB, 286x395
Why can't Hearthstone have summoning animations like this?
>them chills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHVYTcpEnx0
>>
>>344321494
Because it's a mobile game aimed at casual normies, not tcg nerds
>>
Why can't Hearthstone have good gameplay?
>>
Why can't Hearthstone have effective boardclears?
>>
Why can't Hearthstone have a fair F2P model?
>>
>>344321494
why can't you battle on a blimp in hearthstone?
>>
File: tumblr_myp8v1h2jA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myp8v1h2jA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>344321494
Why can't I do anything on my opponents turn?

Why is there no proper graveyard?

Why can't I search cards from my deck or manipulate it in any meaningful way?

Why is there so much random elements in the game? How come I can't summon a specific monster that died rather than a random one?
>>
Why can't hearthstone have balance?
>>
>>344322828
just play magic my man
>>
>>344321494
>"Why can't Hearthstone be more like anime?"
>>
File: doj.jpg (49 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
doj.jpg
49 KB, 312x445
Imagine if Blizzard printed cards that would make control decks actually viable

Like, imagine a Priest card that's just a Twisted Nether at four mana

Imagine what it would do to the game to be able to play something that's not aggro and win
>>
>>344321494
what the fuck was that
>>
>>344325349
Deathwing
>>
>>344325592
why does he have an angry old man's voice
why was he speaking to a smaller version of himself
wtf is anything
>>
I'm more curious why Hearthstone can't make actually good use of the digital format.

>almost never rebalance cards
>still a shit ton of power creep
>still has to cycle out packs
>despite games like YGO having cards that let you manipulate each other's hands or decks, HS doesn't even though digital makes it so much easier and cleaner

Instead the only thing it does is have some cool sound effects for the first time you play the card and then a shit ton of shitty RNG
>>
>>344325028
>implying control styled warrior decks aren't always the top of the meta
>implying control warrior doesn't have a 10-0 matchup against every deck out there except maybe one or two
>>
File: 201.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
Why can't Hearthstone be good?
>>
>>344327354

You know why control warrior is workable and control priest isn't? Brawl. It's all because warrior has an okay-ish boardclear and priest has nothing.
>>
File: Bananana's betch.png (356 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
Bananana's betch.png
356 KB, 400x573
I just opened up a Mukla tyrant, are there any decks he'd be good in?
>>
>>344327728
I fucking hate Brawl. Brawl is one of the best examples of bullshit RNG. It also costs way too little for what it does.
>>
>>344321494

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA
>>
>>344322828
Just keep playing yugioh online.
>>
>>344327949
Only Yogg decks can make it potentially viable, and even then it is still pretty mediocre. Yogg Druid in particular can make decent use of it as it synergizes well with taunt cards and it being a beast means if you get that one +2 buff from Raven's Idol you can get a draw out of it
>>
>>344327949
Hunter or Druid.
>>
What's a PC card game that's not shit like HS and is already out?
>>
>>344328289
There's a fuckton of 'em
>>
>>344328070
>>344328178
Thank you I'll try and put him in a druid deck and see how it works out. Druid tokken Yogg,
>>
The thing I hate most about Hearthstone is how one sided matchups are. You can tell who is going to win 90% of the time based off of their starting hand and what decks they are piloting. They deal with this in a tournament fashion by having both players bring multiple decks, but they don't at all do this in ranked for some reason.

If ranked matches were a best 2 out of 3 and you had access to two decks, way more decks would be viable. For example, Rogue is so rare in ladder but somewhat common in tournaments because she loses easy to Shaman, who plagues the ladder. Shaman completely eradicates a shit ton of other deck types. It's the same with any control styled Warrior. Broken shit like brawl and justicar mean that the Warrior will always out control other control decks so they become completely unviable, whereas in a tournament you could bring multiple control decks
>>
>>344322828
>Why can't I do anything on my opponents turn?

Because those interactions are what turn your average card video game into a tedious, slow "do you want to interrupt now? or now? how about now"? slugfests.
also it would suck for mobile

one of the HS design philosophies was that your turn is your turn
>>
>>344327728
>Being a standardcuck
>>
>>344327960
>It also costs way too little for what it does.

No, Brawl costs too much. A full boardclear should be five mana, limited boardclear four.
>>
>>344328432
You haven't played many vidya card games, have you. Good ones, anyway
>>
>>344328362
I said good
>>
>>344329060
No, you didn't
>>
>>344328432
I always wondered how digital card games handle this without it being obvious. If you could act in your opponent's turn, then the opponent would know that you have counters whenever the game prevents them from making their next move immediately. If it just always slowed down, then the game would become extremely tedious.

Hearthstone is already slow as fuck. Players get way too long to take their turns, but at the same time certain animations are way too fucking slow and kill too much time. It was always one of the things I hated about playing Rogue. Basic things take too long so you end up roping and in a hurry to make what are actually decisions you need to carefully think through.
>>
>>344328589
So what should assassinate be, free?
>>
>>344329128
I'm saying it now then
>>
>>344322241

What's not fair about it?
>>
>>344329143
Turn timers. Push a button to react. Something along those lines.
Go look at Magic Duels
>>
Because you would get fucking sick of seeing 700 animations of the same shit going off after a while.

Just like how people get super fucking tired of Fatalities in mortal kombat, or any sorta summon in final fantasy games.

It gets old, seriously.
>>
>>344329143
>If you could act in your opponent's turn, then the opponent would know that you have counters whenever the game prevents them from making their next move immediately.
The only way to prevent giving the opponent information is to always give the notice to the other player whenever anything is played but that becomes a time consuming mess. I remember playing one of the yugioh games on GBA, if you had a counter card, there were times you had to confirm not using a card multiple times for a single action. Things like when monster attacks, when monster effect activates, and when you take damage could each trigger a hey do you want to use that trap card you set that would do nothing useful for this current action dialog.
>>
>>344329143
>>344328432
>>344322828
It's cathartic to do everything you need to do on your turn and then to sit back and watch your opponents turn. Also I usually just browse /v/ on my opponents turn honestly. Definitely the right decision for a simple fun game like HS.
>>
>>344322828
Because it's not MTG
>>
>>344329660
>It's cathartic
Is that what they call "braindead" now?
>>
>>344321494

The animation was just a bunch of lightings going around.

Astral communion looks better
>>
>>344330102
Some people have a life outside of video games and use them for relief. I know that's hard to imagine.
>>
>>344330760
It really is
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.